Patricia_and_andy

Baby Corner

3,061 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Should we take the Birthing Classes, Lamaze, Bradley, ICAEA whatever etc.? Are they worth it?

squsquard20060929_-8_HJ%20is.png

dev216brs__.png

In accordance with Georgia law, "The Georgia Security and Immigration Compliance Act," I am required to display the following in any and all languages that I may give immigration related advise:

'I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW AND MAY NOT GIVE LEGAL ADVICE OR ACCEPT FEES FOR LEGAL ADVICE.'

"NO SOY ABOGADO LICENCIADO PRACTICAR LEY Y NO PUEDO DOY ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO O ACEPTO LOS HONORARIOS PARA El ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO."

hillarymug-tn.jpghillarypin-rwbt.jpgballoons-tn.jpg

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Should we take the Birthing Classes, Lamaze, Bradley, ICAEA whatever etc.? Are they worth it?

I think they are worth it!! ... I took Lamaze with my first pregnancy, and ended up with a c-section but I still use the breathing for other things.... such as internal exams, getting IV's, and the contractions I was having yesterday.... the techniques you learn and that your wife learns will last a life time!..

That is my opinion, hope it helps,

Patricia

OK here is our story (short version)

we have been married for 3 years anny was July 3rd.

We filed I-130 march 21, 2005

Receipt date march, 30, 2005

Approval notice July 1, 2005

Case # change NVC July 21, 2005

Lawyer recieved fee bills Aug 9, 2005

Filed I-129f March 23, 2005

receipt date April 7, 2005

Approved july 5, 2005

Recieved packet from london July 15th, 2005

Finally mailed packet 3 Aug 5th, 2005

Medical appointment Aug. 13th, 2005

Interview date Sep. 2, 2005 Approved!!

Visa in hand sep. 3, 2005

6d7cfb2.jpg.png

Timeline

just wondering how everyone is doing??

I have been to Labor and Delivery 2 times since last Sunday.... having contractions on both occasions they were able to stop the contractions with medication... My scheduled c-section is for July 19th and the doctor would like to keep the baby in until at least next week. We are getting very excited to meet our new addition tho!

So let's hear how everyone else is doing!!

Patricia

Approved july 5, 2005

6d7cfb2.jpg.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi! I am new here :D

I need your advice, please!

I am new in the United States, and my husband is an immigrant himself (recently naturalized), so we know little about healthcare here (only that it's crazy!), and it's gonna be our first baby!

We have health insurance - small group plan - at husband's work. On May 25th we sent the request to Blue Cross to add me to the plan starting June 1st. I am actually at the plan since June 1st.

Currently I am at the end of my 6th week of pregnancy. Will it be considered a pre-existing condition? The baby was actually conceived in June, but when counting back six weeks, we get mid-May!

Are we in trouble?

Thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I delivered!

Baby was born on June 22 at 6:15 AM at a healthy 8 lb 1 oz and 20 inches long.

It was quite an adventure! I went into labor right around midnight. As the night went on, I did not realize how fast I was progressing and how far along I was in labor. By the time we went to the hospital, I was pushing already and our son was born in the car! Luckily everything was fine and we were only minutes away from the hospital, where they took care of me and the baby. So it turned out a completely natural childbirth and I got to catch my own baby!

Baby is very healthy and alert and is doing great! I've attached a picture -- he is 6 days old.

baby5.jpg

09-02-2005 Applications for AOS, EAD, and AP received by MSC

10-21-2005 AOS fingerprint notice for 12-08-2005

11-07-2005 AP approved

12-05-2005 Infopass appt at San Jose office for interim EAD -- Refused, because it is already approved by MSC on 11-07-2005

12-07-2005 Attempt at interim EAD at San Francisco office -- no go. Back to San Jose, where CSO (chief station officer) tells they will contact MSC via email to request permission to issue interim EAD

12-08-2005 Biometrics for AOS and EAD. Having no EAD appt letter was no problem (used EAD NOA)

12-15-2005 EAD arrived in the mail

12-24-2005 Received interview letter; interview scheduled 03-01-2006

01-28-2006 Received replacement SSN card in married name (5 wks since application)

03-01-2006 AOS interview -- approved; received stamp in the passport

03-13-2006 Green card arrived in the mail

---

Filing for removal of conditions

I delivered!

It was quite an adventure! I went into labor right around midnight. As the night went on, I did not realize how fast I was progressing and how far along I was in labor. By the time we went to the hospital, I was pushing already and our son was born in the car! Luckily everything was fine and we were only minutes away from the hospital, where they took care of me and the baby. So it turned out a completely natural childbirth and I got to catch my own baby!

Baby is very healthy and alert and is doing great! I've attached a picture -- he is 6 days old.

baby5.jpg

awwww!! Congrats!!

Beautiful son there!! :)

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

I am a wife!! Whoa this is weird!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow....born in the car that's crazy!!!!

Glad everything turned out alright! He's a cutie.

Was diagnosed with gestational diabetes today and pretty depressed about it :-(

I have to test my blood sugar 4 times a day....not fun.

I'm 32 weeks now, so hoping more than ever it goes by quickly.

"We are the real countries,

Not the boundaries drawn on maps,

With the names of powerful men.

That's all I've wanted -

To walk in such a place with you,

On an earth without maps."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kev (Canada/BC) & Kiki (USA/Oregon)

flag_usa_canada.gif

Married Nov. 27th, 2004

Done with USCIS until 2017!!

collage4.jpg

olivia12mo2.jpg

Filed: Timeline
I delivered!

baby5.jpg

Congratulations! :D

Wow, born in the car.

Is that what they put on the birth cert? Place of birth: I-75 mile marker 25.8 or somesuch? :unsure:

Filed: Country: Indonesia
Timeline
I delivered!

baby5.jpg

WOW!!! What an experience you got there. So glad to hear the baby is okay and he's such a cute bundle of joy. Congrats! (F)

Our K1 Journey Click Here
K1 Interview in Jakarta Click Here
AOS Journey:
May 02, 2006 :AOS Sent to Chicago...Let the couting begin
May 03, 2006 :AOS received in Chicago
May 12, 2006 :Received NOA1 dated 05/09/2006
May 22, 2006 Biometrics Notice Rcvd dated 05/17/2006
May 30, 2006 :Biometrics done in ASC Birmingham
July 01, 2006 :Interview Letter received
Aug 30, 2006 :Interview in Atlanta & got RFE for I-693A! OUCH!!!
November, 2006 :I-693A Sent. The waiting goes on...
April 4, 2007: Infopass & it doesn't help at all!!!
April 18, 2007 :Contacting our Congressman.
May 18, 2007 : E-mail rcvd, Welcome Notice Sent! Finally!!!
April 22, 2007 : E-mail rcvd, GC has been ordered
April 24, 2007 : Welcome Notice Rvcd. Yeeehaaa!!!!
June 1, 2007: GC arrived! Yippy! USCIS Free for 2 years!
2008: Moved to China
2009: Conditional GC Expired and Husband has been having affairs since 2008 in China. Can't file for ROC since he got laid off. He came to Jakarta to live with me and my parents. He got a new job. Life resume to normal or so I thought.
March 2010: Officially separated after yet more affairs exposed just a day after my birthday!

February 2011: Officially divorced.
June 18, 2011: He married the girl he had the last affair with.

August 2014: I am engaged with my real soulmate. Not an American.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I had a wierd craving for McD's fries and a cheeseburger all evening.... I normally hate McD's.... :P

I left hubby a message asking if he could pick up some after work but he called me a few hours ago and said he won't be home till 5, 6 or 7 am :crying::o

so no, cheeseburger and fries for me.... I had to settle for Mac and cheese :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline
I delivered!

baby5.jpg

wow what an amazing story!!!!

And what a beautiful baby... thanks for sharing his picture and birth story!!

Patricia

Approved july 5, 2005

6d7cfb2.jpg.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
I delivered!

baby5.jpg

Congratulations and best wishes to you and the baby! (F)(F)(F)

Edited by timelena

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
I delivered!

baby5.jpg

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your delivery story... wow, you delivered in your car??

Thanks for sharing the picture! He is sooo cute! What is his name?

01-02-2000 met at SFO airport

11-15-2003 Religious ceremony in the U.S

03-09-2004 Civil Marriage in Frankfurt/Germany

07-20-2004 Wedding reception

K-3

04-22-2004 I-129F NOA1 (MSC)

11-01-2004 'touched'

11-02-2004 'touched'

11-17-2004 NOA2 via email

01-26-05 Interview date. (Filed I-601 waiver)

I-130

04-06-2004 I-130 NOA1 (CSC)

08-16-2004 Approved by CSC via email website

03-16-05 Case completed and is in FRA now

I-601 waiver process (due to previous overstay)

01-26-05 Filed I-601 waiver

04-22-05 Waiver denied

05-06-05 Filed for MTR(Motion to Reconsider)

06-20-05 Found out from our Congresswoman that our motion to reconsider is denied.. our waiver is now enroute to AAO in Washington, DC.. the appeal takes 6-18 months to review.. yeah right... whatever

My husband and I are together now. We moved to Montreal on july 20th, 2005 and are waiting for my ban to be lifted on March 13th, 2006.

03-13-06 Interview date, Approved!

03-23-06 Visa in hand! Yaay!

03-24-06 Arrived in NYC!

Baby girl arrived on 11/30/06

Baby boy arrived on 9/30/08

We could not be happier..

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I thought this test might be appropriate for those of us expecting a child or planning to have one....

To determine whether you are truly prepared for the experience, we suggest you take this set of simple tests...

PART I

MESS TEST:

Smear peanut butter on the sofa and curtains. Now rub your hands in the wet flowerbed and rub on the walls. Cover the stains with crayons. Place a fish stick behind the couch and leave it there all summer.

TOY TEST:

Obtain a 55-gallon box of Legos. (If Legos are not available, you may substitute roofing tacks or broken bottles.) Have a friend spread them all over the house. Put on a blindfold. Try to walk to the bathroom or kitchen. Do not scream (this could wake a child at night).

GROCERY STORE TEST:

Borrow one or two small animals (goats are best) and take them with you as you shop at the grocery store. Always keep them in sight and pay for anything they eat or damage.

DRESSING TEST:

Obtain one large, unhappy, live octopus. Stuff into a small net bag making sure that all arms stay inside.

PART II

FEEDING TEST:

Obtain a large plastic milk jug. Fill halfway with water. Suspend from the ceiling with a stout cord. Start the jug swinging. Try to insert spoonfuls of soggy cereal (such as Fruit Loops or Cheerios) into the mouth of the jug while pretending to be an airplane. Now dump the contents of the jug on the floor.

NIGHT TEST:

Prepare by obtaining a small cloth bag and fill it with 8 to 12 pounds of sand. Soak it thoroughly in water. At 8:00 PM begin to waltz and hum with the bag until 9:00 PM. Lay down your bag and set your alarm for 10:00 PM. Get up, pick up your bag, and sing every song you have ever heard. Make up about a dozen more and sing these too until 4:00 AM. Set alarm for 5:00 AM. Get up and make breakfast. Keep this up for five years. Look cheerful.

PHYSICAL TEST (WOMEN):

Obtain a large beanbag chair and attach it to the front of your clothes. Leave it there for 9 months. Now remove 10% of the beans.

PHYSICAL TEST (MEN):

Go to the nearest drug store. Set your wallet on the counter. Ask the clerk to help himself. Now proceed to the nearest food store. Go to the head office and arrange for your paycheck to be directly deposited to the store. Purchase a newspaper. Go home and read it quietly for the last time.

FINAL ASSIGNMENT:

Find a couple who already have a small child. Lecture them on how they can improve their discipline, patience, tolerance, toilet training, and child's table manners. Suggest many ways they can improve. Emphasize to them that they should never allow their children to run riot. Enjoy this experience. It will be the last time you will have all the answers.

mvSuprise-hug.gif