• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I'm 33 and this is my third baby. And yeah, being older makes it harder on your body!!!

March 4, 2004 NOA 1

June 29, 2004 NOA 2

August 26th -- interview date - we need to complete a I-601 waiver so it's back to waiting again

January 6, 2005 i-601 waiver approved!!!!

January 21, 2005 VISA IN HAND

February 12, 2005 WEDDING!!!!!

March 10, 2005 mailed AOS and EAD applications to Chicago

April 18, 2005 EAD and AOS receipt dates for NOA

June 30, 2005 AOS RFE evidence submitted (translated birth certificate)

August 10, 2005 ---EAD approved via infopass appointment

October 18, 2005 - AOS interview in St. Louis - received an RFE for vaccination supplement

February 9, 2006 - denial for AOS letter due to the wrong form being submitted from the doctor. PLEASE MAKE SURE THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN TO YOU!!

February 16, 2006 - USCIS accepts the motion to reopen without an additional fee - finally something goes right! We should hear from USCIS St. Louis office within 2 weeks.

April 3, 2006 - Received welcome to America letter in the mail!

April 8, 2006 - Received GC in the mail - done for 2 years!!!!

March 1, 2008 - mailed off I-751

March 3, 2008 NSC delivery confirmation

March 10, 2008 NOA 1

March 28, 2008 Biometrics appointment

Legal Permanent Resident - just waiting for time to pass for him to have eligibility for citizenship.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

We just FINALLY got our amnio results and we are having a healthy baby girl :dance:

Thanks to those who sent good vibes!!!

I am over the moon right now

"We are the real countries,

Not the boundaries drawn on maps,

With the names of powerful men.

That's all I've wanted -

To walk in such a place with you,

On an earth without maps."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kev (Canada/BC) & Kiki (USA/Oregon)

flag_usa_canada.gif

Married Nov. 27th, 2004

Done with USCIS until 2017!!

collage4.jpg

olivia12mo2.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
We just FINALLY got our amnio results and we are having a healthy baby girl :dance:

:dance: congrats!!!!!!

March 4, 2004 NOA 1

June 29, 2004 NOA 2

August 26th -- interview date - we need to complete a I-601 waiver so it's back to waiting again

January 6, 2005 i-601 waiver approved!!!!

January 21, 2005 VISA IN HAND

February 12, 2005 WEDDING!!!!!

March 10, 2005 mailed AOS and EAD applications to Chicago

April 18, 2005 EAD and AOS receipt dates for NOA

June 30, 2005 AOS RFE evidence submitted (translated birth certificate)

August 10, 2005 ---EAD approved via infopass appointment

October 18, 2005 - AOS interview in St. Louis - received an RFE for vaccination supplement

February 9, 2006 - denial for AOS letter due to the wrong form being submitted from the doctor. PLEASE MAKE SURE THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN TO YOU!!

February 16, 2006 - USCIS accepts the motion to reopen without an additional fee - finally something goes right! We should hear from USCIS St. Louis office within 2 weeks.

April 3, 2006 - Received welcome to America letter in the mail!

April 8, 2006 - Received GC in the mail - done for 2 years!!!!

March 1, 2008 - mailed off I-751

March 3, 2008 NSC delivery confirmation

March 10, 2008 NOA 1

March 28, 2008 Biometrics appointment

Legal Permanent Resident - just waiting for time to pass for him to have eligibility for citizenship.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

ohhhhhhh congratulations kiki!! that is wonderful! umm and ya u win in ages hehehe :star: any names yet?

having a girl here to! everyone sais to me have a boy,,we got boy clothes!

I am getting to the miserable point ,everything hurts,can't get comfortable,baby on my bladder,eat all the time or can't decide what I crave for ,emotional outbursts,slow on energy and I am just so ready to have the baby but I still got til july..

anyone at that point yet where they just wana have the baby?

I don't make a good pregnet lady but I sure am a crazy cat mommy once the baby comes.

for all u first timers,,and whiners like me ,,I guess it's good to remind yourselves it's well worth it all the pains and sickies in the end.

but at age 40 I am glad to hear the dr say it only takes 5 min to tie the tubes haha.

got 3 blessings in my life :).

anyone here have any worries of new culture traditions once the baby is here?

I know in pakistan and I think in India they shape the forhead of baby with hands,,pressing gently daily on babys head. I dont think I'll go with that one at all and something about eye liner ,,now I dont recall the correct name for it,,it's supposed to help for babys eyes.

all this is very strange to me and cant even imagine doing it. just wondering if anyone else has any new things to add on the different nationality of things.

since my hubby dont know how to shape the forhead,,guess i should be in the clear for that ..

but have u ever heared of such a thing?

it's nothing religious it's a cosmetic thing I guess purely,,one thing I dont favor. I say leave it to God to create the forehead. oh and I learend what a frock was .

Jani said we will get the baby lots of frocks. frock ? he said dresses! it's kind of fun all this learning new things and he's learning here what a baby shower means,kind of interesting.

stay healthy mommies and congratulations to all the new mommys comming in.

(L) Sadia

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Been waiting to hear your results, Congrats.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

congrats kiki!!! I'm soooo happy for you .... as someone else mentioned...do you have any names picked out?

Patricia

OK here is our story (short version)

we have been married for 3 years anny was July 3rd.

We filed I-130 march 21, 2005

Receipt date march, 30, 2005

Approval notice July 1, 2005

Case # change NVC July 21, 2005

Lawyer recieved fee bills Aug 9, 2005

Filed I-129f March 23, 2005

receipt date April 7, 2005

Approved july 5, 2005

Recieved packet from london July 15th, 2005

Finally mailed packet 3 Aug 5th, 2005

Medical appointment Aug. 13th, 2005

Interview date Sep. 2, 2005 Approved!!

Visa in hand sep. 3, 2005

6d7cfb2.jpg.png

Filed: Timeline

Update:

Nani is doing absolutely fine these days. She's gained about 10lbs thus far and is always hungry. And I mean always. Wow. The good thing is that there's none of the morning, noon, afternoon, evening sickness left. She's excited about the baby growing inside. It really shows now. In fact, we gotta get some maternity clothes pretty soon as she has outgrown just about anything she's got.

Now we're starting on preparing a visa applicatin for her mom. We hope that the Consulate will grant her a visitor visa so she can come over for 6-8 weeks around the birth of the baby. That would be so much help. Besides, Nani hasn't seen her mom in over two years and really misses her. We actually thought about having Nani take a trip right about now but we decided that it's better for the baby if she doesn't go. It's still not very stable in Ethiopia - there were multiple bombings in Addis Ababa reported last week. A couple people dead and some more injured. Just random violence and while the odds of being in harms way are still rather low, we just don't think that Nani needs to be in the midst of that. So, we'll give the visa for her mom a try and hope for the best. It's an uphill battle but I think that we have put a pretty good application package together. We'll know in a month or so.

Take care everyone.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

ET thanks for the update. I know both of you are beside your selves with this pregnancy. Nani also not having the morning sickness now is wonderful news. Next is shopping for clothes I see and the eating all the time is normal. :D

Sure hope you can get your mother in law over for a visit. I am sure Nani would love to have her here to help and just see her again. Keeping my fingers crossed you can get it worked out and that she can come and stay for some time. Keep us posted.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline

Thanks guys, I was so happy and excited I barely slept last night.

I was stressing out SO much for the last 2 weeks waiting for those results......sooo happy to be having a healthy baby and a girl to boot!! I always wished for a daughter but never thought it was going to happen.

I have always loved the name Olivia, even though it's kind of trendy now, I still think that's what we are going with....my husband likes "Claire", but we'll see.

I can't wait to go shopping now :dance:

That's all I've wanted -

flag_usa_canada.gif

Married Nov. 27th, 2004

collage4.jpg

olivia12mo2.jpg

Filed: Timeline
Thanks guys, I was so happy and excited I barely slept last night.

I was stressing out SO much for the last 2 weeks waiting for those results......sooo happy to be having a healthy baby and a girl to boot!! I always wished for a daughter but never thought it was going to happen.

I have always loved the name Olivia, even though it's kind of trendy now, I still think that's what we are going with....my husband likes "Claire", but we'll see.

I can't wait to go shopping now :dance:

Baby girl, eh? Congrats!

We have another month or so before we'll know. I'm hoping for a little baby girl, too, but if I take after my dad (and I am like a complete copy of him), it'll be a boy. Either way, the important thing is that it's a healthy baby.

Congrats again and have fun shopping. :thumbs:

Timeline

Thank you,

Glad to hear things are going well for Nani and you :)

That's all I've wanted -

flag_usa_canada.gif

Married Nov. 27th, 2004

collage4.jpg

olivia12mo2.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

personally, i'd either wait to test, or go see a doctor. An HPT isn't going to give you an accurate reading this early.

ugh. it's hard to wait :yes:

I know it's hard to wait. My hubby and I were trying for months before I got pregnant this time. And I wasted soooo many tests by testing too soon.

I'll be 40 in Sept and I have two kids....one will turn 1 and other will turn 2 in two months. Talking a bout being old and having kids????? LOL

** Chris & Aleksandra **

Missouri, USA - Slovenia, Europe

VJ-flags.jpg

~* Our Timeline *~

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: I'm not an immigration lawyer, the information I'm giving out

on this page is taken from my personal experience. I'm not saying these

are the 'correct' answers, or the ones anyone else should use. They are

merely the way in which I truthfully answered the questions on the forms

given our own experiences and situation.

bump

(unfortunately, I miscalculated earlier; actually 8 months and change after the marriage--already Sod's Law favours production of a 2006 baby :lol: )

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.