Patricia_and_andy

Baby Corner

3,061 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Marilyn, I remember reading your shocking posts. You were just a couple of weeks ahead of me. It was scary and sad and everybody here was rooting for little Noah. I'm wishing you all the best and mostly a healthy full term pregnancy and a happy little baby.

Edited by Eveline

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey ladies ... I have a question:

In all the literature I have been reading, it tells me to avoid Yellow 6 and Blue 2. Well, today I happened to look at the ingredients of some prenatal vitamins I had bought (I am taking some prescribed by my doctor now which are higher in the B vitamins since I had such nausea, but thought I might switch back to the other ones when my prescription runs out). Anyway, I saw that Yellow 6 Lake and Blue 2 Lake were listed as ingredients. Are those the same as Yellow 6 and Blue 2 or does the "lake" at the end make them something different. I asked the nurse practioner I saw today and she was perplexed.

Marilyn, wishing you the best and a healthy pregnancy :)

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Sara-That sounds like me after I get up sometimes, hehe. But my stomach doesn't hurt, it's the lower pelvic area.

Comments on some of the posts---

I shaved my legs recently but it is tiring! My belly isn't really sticking out drastically compared to what I was before...see, I lost a little weight before getting pregnant which reduced some belly fat, so then as I gained the baby belly it just filled out what I already was used to and still I can see my toes when I look down somehow. It's weird! I guess because I don't have the typical nice and round belly. I do wish instead though that I had the really big round belly. I think in a few weeks though I won't see my toes as easily! I already hated shaving my legs before pregnancy, so it's much worse now. I go for long periods of time in between. :whistle:

Pregnancy is definitely a time of worry. I still worry but am getting better each day as I reach further in the pregnancy knowing the success rates of preemies at certain weeks. I don't know if there is ever a time of not worrying while pregnant! You girls who had babies can tell us! But I bet there's always something to worry about, and you just want your baby to be fine.

I can't imagine the worry after having gone through something like you did, Marilyn. (F) But I am sure things will be fine. The odds are in your favor. Praying for you!

I've never read or heard about the dye thing either...it seems if it was that dangerous they wouldn't put it into the prenatal vitamins. My vitamins say that too. I think my midwife would have told me if it was a serious issue of something to avoid. I wonder why they are supposed to be avoided?

Edited by stina&suj

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

i have to shave my legs every day but i usually do it every other day because I hate shaving too :P

it is getting harder to shave them though... either hubby will have to put up with my hairy legs or he is going to have to shave them :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

do you guys know if eggnog is safe to drink while you are pregnant?? I am talking about the stuff you buy in the store... I (L) eggnog and would die if i couldn't have it :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
do you guys know if eggnog is safe to drink while you are pregnant?? I am talking about the stuff you buy in the store... I (L) eggnog and would die if i couldn't have it :P

Ooh I love eggnog too and definitely want to drink it soon! I saw this question on babycenter recently, and I decided to look it up too.

It is safe as long as there is no alcohol in it(I know some may have it) and as long as it is pasteurized. I have read that homemade eggnog, made with raw eggs, is not safe. Commercially prepared eggnog is pasteurized and safe. :thumbs:

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Timeline

Ooh I love eggnog too and definitely want to drink it soon! I saw this question on babycenter recently, and I decided to look it up too.

It is safe as long as there is no alcohol in it(I know some may have it) and as long as it is pasteurized. I have read that homemade eggnog, made with raw eggs, is not safe. Commercially prepared eggnog is pasteurized and safe. :thumbs:

phheww.. that is one of the things I look forward during the holiday season...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
yeah, you guys were great during that time (F):thumbs:

I remember reading your story, too. I was heartbroken for you and your husband. Has your doctor been able to assure you that things are going better this time? Are they able to tell if there are possible complications with this pregnancy, such as the ones you had before?

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

I think its normal to have some worries during pregnancy, especially in your case Marilyn I totally understand your jitters. Then when you add in all the warnings and dangers sometimes its just almost too much. I think a lot of it just boils down to common sense and generally taking good care of yourself.

and just to let you know, the worry stage doesnt pass after you have the baby, in fact I think maybe it gets worse :P

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Timeline
yeah, you guys were great during that time (F):thumbs:

I remember reading your story, too. I was heartbroken for you and your husband. Has your doctor been able to assure you that things are going better this time? Are they able to tell if there are possible complications with this pregnancy, such as the ones you had before?

well, last time they said my placenta was low and this time after my last ultrasound they said that my egg sac was low... but I have another ultrasound next week to check on that...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

I agree, there really is no way to force it. Oh btw.... this is going to sound mad but.. i can NOT stop sniffing Vicks Vaporub!!! I talked to my doctor and he said its ok and quite common to have "smell cravings".

Anyone else have a "smell" craving? lol

Apple cinnamon. Ive got 2 of those auto-squirt super-faboo timed air fresheners in a 1-bedroom apartment, plus a can of regular spray, all apple-cinnamon. You'd think we were sweating hot cider the way it smells in here.

I had a lot of smell aversions, and an extra sensitive nose. I felt like I was always asking people 'dont you SMELL that???' :dead: especially there was a real chemical-ly smell coming from the copier at work that really made me nauseous even to stand by it....

Im super-sensitive to smells now, especially smoke. I went from almost a pack a day to nillo when I found out I was pregnant. And no matter how bad I craved a ciggie, the smell repulsed me and still does. I cannot stand the smell of smoke in fabric anymore.

Im also averse to the smell of tomatoes, though not as much as I was in the first trimester. Although I imagine that's natural due to the nightshade thing. But yeah, sara, Im the same way. I run around the office sniffing the air like some crack-crazed blood hound hissing "Dont you guys smell that?????"

Ladies,

Enjoy your 2 trimester because trust me, the third is no fun at all.

LMAO! how true, how very true

My husband shaves my legs for me and my "you know what" :o without him i would look like a hairy mammoth. He also has to tie my shoe lases for me as i can;t reach anymore.. argh the joys!!

Hells bells, I cant even see my you-know-what anymore, much less keep it landscaped :lol: . And shaving legs is a major workout. I have to take a break during my bath just to catch my breath from that LOL. Bare legs day is the highlight of my husband's week, Im sure. Although he has yet to help me with the task.

Hubster doesnt tie my shoes, unfortunately, but he did go shoe shopping with me and picked out some nice lace-less shoes for me :)

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Towards the end I used NAIR creme to get my legs done. My huband had to work on my Wohoo cause I wouldn't see it no more and didn't want to risk cutting stuff off.

About the worrying part: No, you don't stop worrying, not just during pregnancy. Once baby is there you just keep worrying for the rest of your life. It gets easier though. I made myself crazy reading stories about SIDS and then checking on Adam all the time. I stopped reading the bad stories and my life is a lot easier and I'm way relaxter now. I guess you just grow into it.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

My huband had to work on my Wohoo cause I wouldn't see it no more and didn't want to risk cutting stuff off.

ROFLMAO!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

K1

September 15 - 2005: NOA1

October: Waiting

November: Waiting

December: In Security checks

January 2006: Waiting

February: Waiting..Contacted Congress

March 4th: APPROVED

March 17th: NVC posted file to London

March 20th: London Receives file

March 29th: Receive package 3

April 13th: London Receives package

April 19th: Medical - June 13th: INTERVIEW......APPROVED!!!!

June 20th: ARRIVE IN USA

Time taken for whole process 9 Months

~~~~~ * ~~~~~

AOS

October: 13th: Sent off AOS Package

November 3rd: NOA1

November 14th: Snail mail ~ NOA1 ~ Case moved to the CSC for faster processing.

November 14th : CSC has petition for me and my daughter.

December 14th: Biometrics completed.

January 17th: APPROVED AOS!

January 22nd: Green card arrives in the mail:))

Time taken for AOS - 3.5 Months

Finished for 2 years.

dev015pb___.png