Patricia_and_andy

Baby Corner

3,061 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Can anyone tell me if the Palmer's cocoa butter lotion does anything to help with the appearance of stretch marks?

I'm extremely susceptible to stretch marks and am terrified that I'll just be covered in them :blink:

here are some people with opinions on Palmer's cocoa butter...

http://www.epinions.com/reviews/Palmer_s_C..._Marks_42384992

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Wow Jonesie sounds like you are almost there.... GOOD LUCK!!!

and Tracy, I always heard that stretch marks are pretty much genetic and there isnt much you can do about it... if anything I would try vitamin E or something. I got them real bad on the sides of my belly but they are already fading....

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Wow Jonesie sounds like you are almost there.... GOOD LUCK!!!

and Tracy, I always heard that stretch marks are pretty much genetic and there isnt much you can do about it... if anything I would try vitamin E or something. I got them real bad on the sides of my belly but they are already fading....

yeah, my doctor suggested vitamin E... :thumbs:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I feel so yucky today still. :( Now my nose has been running non stop, I am coughing, and feel like my head is detached from my body. I feel like I have been run over by a truck. I wish I had some strong meds that would knock me out for a long time. My nose is getting raw.

Tracy-I am prone to stretch marks too. Me and stretch marks go way back so I already look like I've had a baby before, even though this is my first pregnancy! (Because of gaining weight then losing weight, etc.) I started getting brand new stretch marks a couple weeks ago, and whether this helps or not, I really like putting it on my skin. It's going to last a long time so the $8 or so price tag is worth it in my opinion. Plus it's safe for baby's skin so if I have left over I can use it on him too. :) It has a nice soft lemon oil smell but also has almond oil and Vit E in it. My sis got it for me for my birthday and I love it. She got it from Target.

761_l.jpg

Edited by stina&suj

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I think some oils and lotions can make you feel better, in two ways. Both less dry and itchy and if you do get some stretchmarks, that you did try to do something to avoid getting them. I guess that could make someone feel better.

BUT

I believe genetics (hormone levels?) and maybe diet in some way might impact the skins elasticity, but don't put any trust in expensive creams. I'd put the money into massages or something that really made me feel good instead =D

I have three kids and no stretchmarks on my tummy and I didn't butter myself up during any of the pregnancies. I do have one 3 cm long one on my left hip from my second pregnancy, and I don't see any logic in that placement ;) *my butt's not big darnit!*

Edited by nin

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Stretch marks are evil. I have some on my thighs from putting on weight a few years ago but so far I have none on my tummy even if my tummy is huge. I use a stretch mark cream from Walgreens. It doesn't smell that pleasant but it does soothes dry itchy skin (and now I itch non-stop).

Stina, I am sure you will be much better by Monday. Colds suck! Thanks god, it is nothing serious, correct?

Drew (St. Louis, MO) + Lyuba (Moscow, Russia)

December 1, 2003 - met and fell in love in Moscow, Russia

K-1

June 24, 2004 - NOA1

September 14, 2004 - NOA2

December 2, 2004 - Interview

December 24, 2004 - Arrival to the USA

January 14, 2005 - Wedding

AOS

January 25, 2005 - applied for AOS, EAD and AP in person

June 29, 2005 - AOS interview

August 8, 2005 - Green card arrived

Lifting of conditions

April 17, 2007 - NOA1 (extension letter)

April 2, 2008 - case transferred to CSC

May 8, 2008 - 10 year Green card arrived

Naturalization

July 24, 2008 - NOA1

November 19, 2008 - Interview

January 9, 2009 - Oath

January 17, 2009 - applied for US passport

January 26, 2009 - US passport arrived

DONE WITH IMMIGRATION

I never got one strech mark with my first and none with this little one yet either, both times i have used coco butter, but personally i think it comes down to skin type and genetics.

K1

September 15 - 2005: NOA1

October: Waiting

November: Waiting

December: In Security checks

January 2006: Waiting

February: Waiting..Contacted Congress

March 4th: APPROVED

March 17th: NVC posted file to London

March 20th: London Receives file

March 29th: Receive package 3

April 13th: London Receives package

April 19th: Medical - June 13th: INTERVIEW......APPROVED!!!!

June 20th: ARRIVE IN USA

Time taken for whole process 9 Months

~~~~~ * ~~~~~

AOS

October: 13th: Sent off AOS Package

November 3rd: NOA1

November 14th: Snail mail ~ NOA1 ~ Case moved to the CSC for faster processing.

November 14th : CSC has petition for me and my daughter.

December 14th: Biometrics completed.

January 17th: APPROVED AOS!

January 22nd: Green card arrives in the mail:))

Time taken for AOS - 3.5 Months

Finished for 2 years.

dev015pb___.png

i didnt get any stretch marks with my first one.. but i got some with D.. i started getting some 4 days BEFORE my due date and he was 10 days late.. :crying: .. i tried everything.. palmer didnt work at all.. i was itching soo bad that i applied it every HOUR the last two weeks.. they faded a lot since D was born and now i just started using the prefferON (the pink one) and they are almost gone!! mhh i wondering if i should post some pics.. :whistle: j/k (yeah i did take some pics before i started using it.. so that i can see if its works.. :lol::whistle: )

Edited by Joel'sWife

R.I.P. Diana 1982 - 28.08.2008

<3 WE MISS YOU <3

December 2oo7 - received 1o year GC!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I dont have stretch marks, I have racing stripes :D

:o

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
I dont have stretch marks, I have racing stripes :D

That's awesome :thumbs:

Well, if it's primarily genetics, I'm screwed. But the lotion helps keep my skin soft and moisturized, so I'll use it anywho...

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I am in a whining mood. I'm still not 100% better yet. :crying: This is one of the worst colds/infections I've had in years. It just keep hanging on. I finished my antibiotics yesterday, and it did help my throat to not be swollen. But now I am left with sinus pressure and some coughing still. I just want to feel better! :crying: I'm drinking some OJ at the moment.

My entire weekend was ruined. I couldn't get things done in the baby's room, there is sooo much to do! My shower gifts from 2 weeks ago are mostly still in their gift bags. All I could manage all weekend was to sit at Panera last night to eat a quick dinner but even so I felt miserable sitting there, and my chicken noodle soup was thick and salty so I couldn't even eat it.

Ok, done complaining for now...I pray none of you get whatever I caught.

Today I have an appt so my midwife can tell me anything else I need to be doing to get better. But I think there's nothing I can do but wait.

I can't wait til Thanksgiving though!! Food! Yum!!! :)

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Stina, I am sorry you are still miserable. I hope you are better by the Thanksgiving.

I feel tired all the time, I can't accomplish anything! But at least I am not sick.

Drew (St. Louis, MO) + Lyuba (Moscow, Russia)

December 1, 2003 - met and fell in love in Moscow, Russia

K-1

June 24, 2004 - NOA1

September 14, 2004 - NOA2

December 2, 2004 - Interview

December 24, 2004 - Arrival to the USA

January 14, 2005 - Wedding

AOS

January 25, 2005 - applied for AOS, EAD and AP in person

June 29, 2005 - AOS interview

August 8, 2005 - Green card arrived

Lifting of conditions

April 17, 2007 - NOA1 (extension letter)

April 2, 2008 - case transferred to CSC

May 8, 2008 - 10 year Green card arrived

Naturalization

July 24, 2008 - NOA1

November 19, 2008 - Interview

January 9, 2009 - Oath

January 17, 2009 - applied for US passport

January 26, 2009 - US passport arrived

DONE WITH IMMIGRATION

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I finally got our latest scan pics into the pc:

20weeksprofilee.jpg

20weeksfeete.jpg

I-130 Filed - Sept. 15, 2006

129-F Filed - Oct. 27, 2006

I-130/129F Approved - Jan. 10, 2007

K3/K4 Visas Approved - May 4, 2007

~~~~Hubby and Son PoE Newark - May 27, 2007~~~~

EAD filed for Hubby - June 6, 2007

EAD NOA for Hubby - June 13, 2007

AoS filed for Hubby and Son - June 15, 2007

EAD for Hubby APPROVED! WOW!!!!!! - July 19, 2007

AoS Interview for Hubby and Son in Philadelphia - Friday, September 14, 2007 - APPROVED!

10 Year Green Cards Received!!!! - October 12, 2007

Done until naturalization!

m_7dc3c15c2e1d0eafb3d8770777862202.gif