Patricia_and_andy

Baby Corner

3,061 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Thanks Lyuba. I still feel yucky, bad cough now. But I started the antibiotics yesterday so hopefully it'll go away soon!

Jonesie-Thanks for the info!

Also, for Stina -- I suggest you keep some honey and black peppercorns around the house.

A good treatment for colds (and coughs) is to put some peppercorns in water, boil out the essence and mix the resultant concoction with honey (filtering out the used peppercorns). It eases congestion and also soothes the throat.

Note: this MUST be done in saucepan on stovetop, never by nuking.

Thanks for the tip...

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hang in there ladies (F)

I wasn't feeling good but decided to go to work on Monday morning. While on the commute train contractions started - and they hit hard. They were about 5 minutes apart lasting between 30-45 seconds. I was breathing thru (and the guy in front of me must have been tired of me breathing all on his neck :lol:) and debating whether to go to work or turn around and go back home.

Well I went to work and they started again - I was rushed to the hospital by a coworker and hubby met me there. Of course once I was put on the external monitors they slowed down <_< . Well they were going to send me home but the contractions started again (really regular) and I was checked - dilated 1cm. There was debate on whether to slow down my labor with meds or to let it happen naturally, and they decided to let it happen since I'm so close to my EDD.

Been at home since Monday from work and I have another appointment today and I am praying to be at least 3cm since I've still been having the contractions. To try bring them on more I've been sitting on my exercise ball and rotating my hips, taking long walks, and just using gravity as an aid (sitting up as much as possible) to help out.

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
You count the number of weeks you are pregnant from the first day of your last period, not the last day of your period.

yeah, that is what I meant... it was just a typo... :blush:

my point was that according to my period I am about 16 or 17 weeks but according to my last ultrasound I am only about 13 weeks...

i had the same problem.. D was due april 9th according to my last periode.. but the doc changed his due date 4x cuz he was to small on all the US.. :whistle: but in the end he caught up with his weight and he was still 10 days over due (born april 19).. the baby is gonna come whenever he/she is ready anyways.. :lol:

but this is 3 or 4 week difference.... and even according to the first day of my last period I would only be 15 weeks.... I have been thinking that maybe she meant that I would be 17 weeks at the time of my ultrasound :blink:

well, it turns out I was right after all... :wacko: the doctor got the info wrong off the ultrasound...

i just got a call because last time I was in they drew my blood because they thought I was 17 weeks, but I was only 13 or 14 weeks and that was too soon for one of the blood draws.. so they need to redo it...

so I will be only 15 weeks in a couple of days.. and my due date is May 8th......

so I asked about my ultrasound that I am supposed to have tomorrow, explaining that I was supposed to have one around 18 to 20 weeks and now I am barely 15 weeks so they are going to reschedule it, for 2 weeks or so....

I am kind of ticked because I did call and try and explain but they didn't believe me :P

ok, I just called the doctor's office and now I am even more confused :lol:

she said that I am 17 weeks....

she said that by the date of my period my due date would have been April 29th but after they did the last ultrasound my due date is now April 15th...

Then she said that as of September 8th I would have been 8 weeks and 3 days but then I mentioned that I had the ultrasound on the 28th and she said oh the doctor just forgot to put the 2 in there but it doesn't change anything... :blink:

but that is about a 3 or 4 week difference.... :unsure::blink::wacko:

if I was 8 weeks on September 28th, wouldn't I only be about 14 weeks now?? :unsure:

am I just missing something here? :lol:

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Jonesie-Wow, they went to 5 mins apart!? Well, glad they slowed down, but sounds like you have had an eventful week! Take care and let us know what happens.

Marilyn-Oy, they keep changing their minds on you! Sorry you keep having new due dates!! I would feel annoyed if I was you too.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Timeline
Jonesie-Wow, they went to 5 mins apart!? Well, glad they slowed down, but sounds like you have had an eventful week! Take care and let us know what happens.

Marilyn-Oy, they keep changing their minds on you! Sorry you keep having new due dates!! I would feel annoyed if I was you too.

the last time I was pregnant the date kept changing too but this time it didn't really make sense or add up ... glad to know that I am not crazy :lol:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

the last time I was pregnant the date kept changing too but this time it didn't really make sense or add up ... glad to know that I am not crazy :lol:

Your poor ticker cant keep up! :lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

5 minutes apart? You are getting close, girl. Good luck and let us know how it goes!!!!

Drew (St. Louis, MO) + Lyuba (Moscow, Russia)

December 1, 2003 - met and fell in love in Moscow, Russia

K-1

June 24, 2004 - NOA1

September 14, 2004 - NOA2

December 2, 2004 - Interview

December 24, 2004 - Arrival to the USA

January 14, 2005 - Wedding

AOS

January 25, 2005 - applied for AOS, EAD and AP in person

June 29, 2005 - AOS interview

August 8, 2005 - Green card arrived

Lifting of conditions

April 17, 2007 - NOA1 (extension letter)

April 2, 2008 - case transferred to CSC

May 8, 2008 - 10 year Green card arrived

Naturalization

July 24, 2008 - NOA1

November 19, 2008 - Interview

January 9, 2009 - Oath

January 17, 2009 - applied for US passport

January 26, 2009 - US passport arrived

DONE WITH IMMIGRATION

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

So I guess we're not as close as we thought! Let's hope they get it right for you this time :blush:

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived

Timeline

So I guess we're not as close as we thought! Let's hope they get it right for you this time :blush:

so i guess we can't be pregnant buddies :(:lol:

the lady said that they were going from an April due date for some reason and she hadn't thought to check to make sure before she drew my blood...

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

on another note, hubby is going to bring me home some chocolate after he his done at the gym... :thumbs: I told him i just wanted plain chocolate, like the crunch bar...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Update from doctors visit today:

Baby is in proper position (head down), his little lungs were just moving (practicing for his arrival) and everything else looks good. I am still 1cm :( but that's okay. I'll try to stay busy.

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline
Update from doctors visit today:

Baby is in proper position (head down), his little lungs were just moving (practicing for his arrival) and everything else looks good. I am still 1cm :( but that's okay. I'll try to stay busy.

must be uncomfortable....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

My mom got the stroller for me as a gift. So am not to sure!

K1

September 15 - 2005: NOA1

October: Waiting

November: Waiting

December: In Security checks

January 2006: Waiting

February: Waiting..Contacted Congress

March 4th: APPROVED

March 17th: NVC posted file to London

March 20th: London Receives file

March 29th: Receive package 3

April 13th: London Receives package

April 19th: Medical - June 13th: INTERVIEW......APPROVED!!!!

June 20th: ARRIVE IN USA

Time taken for whole process 9 Months

~~~~~ * ~~~~~

AOS

October: 13th: Sent off AOS Package

November 3rd: NOA1

November 14th: Snail mail ~ NOA1 ~ Case moved to the CSC for faster processing.

November 14th : CSC has petition for me and my daughter.

December 14th: Biometrics completed.

January 17th: APPROVED AOS!

January 22nd: Green card arrives in the mail:))

Time taken for AOS - 3.5 Months

Finished for 2 years.

dev015pb___.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Can anyone tell me if the Palmer's cocoa butter lotion does anything to help with the appearance of stretch marks?

I'm extremely susceptible to stretch marks and am terrified that I'll just be covered in them :blink:

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived