Patricia_and_andy

Baby Corner

3,061 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

does anyone else have a major problem with a lot of burping.?? it is driving me crazy....

and I keep forgetting to buy some Tums... I want the chew-able kind.. i hate the other ones, they taste like chalk :P

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline

i just saw this on my health care insurance site...

After The Initial Ultrasound, Subsequent Ultrasounds Will Not Be Reimbursable Unless The Diagnosis Code Indicates A Complication To The Pregnancy.
:o Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Some info that may help you ladies out. Be sure to always consult your OB first though.

Warning - - If you take Tylenol Sinus etc you can NOT take any other tylenol products (I was told that this week by my OB)

Colds and FLU:

okay to take

Tylenol for aches and pains

Tylenol cold or sinus after 12 weeks gestation

Sudafed if congestion and normal blood pressure; sudaged

sinus after 12 weeks.

Robitussin DM if coughing

Chloraseptic/Cepacol lozenges if sore throat or cepastat

spray.

Cough drops.

Call to see doctor if:

Fever over 101

Coughing up a lot of colored phlegm

Not getting better in 2-3 days

Allergies:

okay to take

Benadryl, chlortrimeton, OTC claritin

Constipation:

okay to take:

Konsyl easy mix-a stool softener and natural laxative

milk of magnesia

colace, twice a day-takes a week to work

citrucel fiber therapy

metamucil

Diarrhea:

okay to take

kaopectate

imodium

BRAT diet-bananas, rice, applesauce, tea or toast

clear liquids, especially gatorade

Call to see dr if

fever over 101

not improved in 2-3 days

weak and dizzy

Nausea and vomiting

Okay to take:

Vitamen b6, ginger, ginger tea, giner ale

emetrol syrup to settle stomach

dry foods, small frequent feedings, gatorade, soda pop

(not diet)

Call dr if

unable to even keep ANY liquid down for more than one

day

weak and dizzy

heartburn and gas:

Okay to take

tums

mylanta

maalox

pepcid ac

call dr if persistent abdominal pain

Headaches:

Okay to take

Tylenol or extra strength- 2 tabs every 4-6 hours

do not take aspirin or advil

Call to see dr if

dizziness or blurred vision

not relieved by medication

Hemorrhoids:

Okay to take

Konsyl easy mix-daily to keep stools soft

Preparation H or anusol HC

nupercainal

Nose bleeds or gum bleeding

Common in pregnancy

Call Dr if persistent

Leg cramps-especially in both legs

Okay to take oscal 500 or similiar calcium, twice a day

Call to see dr if only one leg hurts all the time

eat a banana each day

Dental

Okay to:

See dentist

Have x-ray with abdominal shield

get "novacaine" without epinephrine

take some antibiotics and some pain pills

Edited by Jo1973

Jo & Michael

K1

29th Jun 03 - Applied for I-129f

12th Jan 05 - Interview at Embassy

AOS

20th Apr 05 - Mailed AOS and paperwork to Chicago.

27th Oct 05 - Received Green Card in Mail (2 yr Conditional)

I-751

24th Jul 07 - Mailed I-751 to TSC

27th Jul 07 - I-751 Received at TSC (Transferred to CSC)

17th Aug 07 - Check Cleared

20th Aug 07 - NOA received (2 NOA's both with dif. receipt #'s for the same thing hmmm..)

30th Aug 07 - ACS Biometrics letters received

21st Sep 07 - Biometrics appointment at Charlotte

1st Nov 07 - Case status online reads "Card production ordered"

3rd Nov 07 - Greencard received in mail

Filed: Timeline
I thought I would start a new baby corner. I did manage to get the list from the old one. Please feel free to repost questions/experiences/stories.

Patricia

1)Christina & Sujeet's friend-Feb 10th, 2006-GIRL(Elianna)

2)Alessandra & Eric: due March, 4th 2006 - baby nr 1- BOY(Sean)

3)Patricia & Andy: due Aug 1, 2006- baby nr. 6 - ??

4)m and m20: due August 12, 2006(to be confirmed)-baby nr. 1 - ??

5)Kiki & Kevin: due August 29th, 2006- baby number 3 (1st biological child for Kev)-??

6)Reinhard & Nani: due sometime in September(to be confirmed) -baby nr. 1-??

7) Faith due July 23 (or thereabouts)

Sameh and I married March 7, 2005 and then we were apart for 2 yrs. Then I had to come back to Egypt March 1, 2007 and I've been here ever since. 7 months after that and a close watch on me, now Im finally pregnant! We are really happy and excited. Being this is really early, I do sometimes feel a little nautious but most of all I am VERY hungry. My stomach wakes me up in the morning hurting! We thank GOD for everything!

442.gif

I thought I would start a new baby corner. I did manage to get the list from the old one. Please feel free to repost questions/experiences/stories.

Patricia

1)Christina & Sujeet's friend-Feb 10th, 2006-GIRL(Elianna)

2)Alessandra & Eric: due March, 4th 2006 - baby nr 1- BOY(Sean)

3)Patricia & Andy: due Aug 1, 2006- baby nr. 6 - ??

4)m and m20: due August 12, 2006(to be confirmed)-baby nr. 1 - ??

5)Kiki & Kevin: due August 29th, 2006- baby number 3 (1st biological child for Kev)-??

6)Reinhard & Nani: due sometime in September(to be confirmed) -baby nr. 1-??

7) Faith due July 23 (or thereabouts)

Sameh and I married March 7, 2005 and then we were apart for 2 yrs. Then I had to come back to Egypt March 1, 2007 and I've been here ever since. 7 months after that and a close watch on me, now Im finally pregnant! We are really happy and excited. Being this is really early, I do sometimes feel a little nautious but most of all I am VERY hungry. My stomach wakes me up in the morning hurting! We thank GOD for everything! Oh, and having a baby has nothing to do with immigration. :)

442.gif

Timeline

I registered at Target today :) I know it might be a bit early but that is what I felt like doing today... :P

we picked out all the big stuff, like crib, stroller etc and a bunch of small stuff....

Hubby and I had fun :thumbs:

we told his sister that we registered at Target and she said we should register at Babies R Us too :P but I don't want to.. they basically have the same stuff as Target but way more expensive...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Not sure how accurate this is but someone told us that eating a lot of sweet foods (sugar) will cause the birth weight of the baby to go up. Jinky is finally drinking water instead of soda - I've been worrying about the HFCS and its effect on the baby.

She's also taking an EFA (essential fatty acid) supplement in addition to her prenatal vitamins.

Edited by Mister Fancypants

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
I registered at Target today :) I know it might be a bit early but that is what I felt like doing today... :P

we picked out all the big stuff, like crib, stroller etc and a bunch of small stuff....

Hubby and I had fun :thumbs:

we told his sister that we registered at Target and she said we should register at Babies R Us too :P but I don't want to.. they basically have the same stuff as Target but way more expensive...

Marilyn - we've been seeing a lot of cribs in the local Pennysaver for pretty cheap. One thing we don't want to cut corners on is the baby seat for the car. My brother and sis-in-law had this really cumbersome carseat...took forever to get the seatbelt around it. I want to find one that meets the safety standards but is easy to get in and out.

Timeline

I don't really want to scrimp on a crib either....

we put a eddie bauer car seat one on our list.... for 20 lbs to 100 lbs... it eventuality can convert into a booster seat....

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/601-7...Y&bckreg=lc

but for a newborn car seat up to 20 lbs we got a travel system.... it comes with the stroller and the infant car seat and it has a base you leave in the car and just snap the car seat into ... I tired finding it online but it is only available in store at Target and I couldn't find it anywhere else.... it is called a "TraveL SYSTEM Eddie Bauer ADVENTURER MONTECTO"

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

We found a travel system that has a car seat up to 30 pounds. It is Gracco travel system and it costs 250 bucks. But it is certainly nice and will serve us a little bit longer.

Drew (St. Louis, MO) + Lyuba (Moscow, Russia)

December 1, 2003 - met and fell in love in Moscow, Russia

K-1

June 24, 2004 - NOA1

September 14, 2004 - NOA2

December 2, 2004 - Interview

December 24, 2004 - Arrival to the USA

January 14, 2005 - Wedding

AOS

January 25, 2005 - applied for AOS, EAD and AP in person

June 29, 2005 - AOS interview

August 8, 2005 - Green card arrived

Lifting of conditions

April 17, 2007 - NOA1 (extension letter)

April 2, 2008 - case transferred to CSC

May 8, 2008 - 10 year Green card arrived

Naturalization

July 24, 2008 - NOA1

November 19, 2008 - Interview

January 9, 2009 - Oath

January 17, 2009 - applied for US passport

January 26, 2009 - US passport arrived

DONE WITH IMMIGRATION

Not sure how accurate this is but someone told us that eating a lot of sweet foods (sugar) will cause the birth weight of the baby to go up. Jinky is finally drinking water instead of soda - I've been worrying about the HFCS and its effect on the baby.

She's also taking an EFA (essential fatty acid) supplement in addition to her prenatal vitamins.

When I was preg. with my son, I ate alot of chocolate. He had problems with digestion and gas, he kept spitting up, ALOT. He was born 7lbs 2oz.

When I was preg. with my daughter, I ate alot of food rich with grains like wheat bread and black bread (pumpernickle). She was born 8lbs. 14oz. big umbilical cord and thick placenta. Dont know if that had to do with anything but it was different. She was a big baby. She had no problems like her brother.

Im glad Im not a soda person. Best wishes. ~Keri

Edited by Sameh and Keri
442.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

When I was preg. with my son, I ate alot of chocolate. He had problems with digestion and gas, he kept spitting up, ALOT. He was born 7lbs 2oz.

When I was preg. with my daughter, I ate alot of food rich with grains like wheat bread and black bread (pumpernickle). She was born 8lbs. 14oz. big umbilical cord and thick placenta. Dont know if that had to do with anything but it was different. She was a big baby. She had no problems like her brother.

my husband and i are divorcing and i am 4 mths pregrent

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Boys are usually know to be more colicky and have more problems spitting up than girls. Girls are further developed at the point of birth than boys usually are. I'm glad Adam was no colicky baby. He never spit up a lot and never had his scream time. I ate lots of chocolate with him, gained 50lbs :whistle: , he was born at 8lbs 14oz, big baby.

@Rashell: I'm so sorry to hear that you are divorcing. I'm wishing you all the best, lots of support and strength.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019