Patricia_and_andy

Baby Corner

3,061 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I plan to breastfeed. I hope everything will go well. We registered for the most expensive pump out there to make it easier for me. Hopefully somebody in the family will get me one. :blush:

Drew (St. Louis, MO) + Lyuba (Moscow, Russia)

December 1, 2003 - met and fell in love in Moscow, Russia

K-1

June 24, 2004 - NOA1

September 14, 2004 - NOA2

December 2, 2004 - Interview

December 24, 2004 - Arrival to the USA

January 14, 2005 - Wedding

AOS

January 25, 2005 - applied for AOS, EAD and AP in person

June 29, 2005 - AOS interview

August 8, 2005 - Green card arrived

Lifting of conditions

April 17, 2007 - NOA1 (extension letter)

April 2, 2008 - case transferred to CSC

May 8, 2008 - 10 year Green card arrived

Naturalization

July 24, 2008 - NOA1

November 19, 2008 - Interview

January 9, 2009 - Oath

January 17, 2009 - applied for US passport

January 26, 2009 - US passport arrived

DONE WITH IMMIGRATION

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline
I plan to breastfeed. I hope everything will go well. We registered for the most expensive pump out there to make it easier for me. Hopefully somebody in the family will get me one. :blush:

Way to go :thumbs: . I hope it works out good for you. Don't get discouraged and ask for a lactation consultant if you have problems. My friend fed her baby girl with a syringe for a week until she finally figured out how to latch on right. Now they are a real good team.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I went to Ross today but they didn't have the boppy type pillows. That's ok, Walmart has them(immitation boppy) too for about $19.98 or something.

I think everyone feels comfortable with different things and it might also be sometimes how your mother did things effects what you will do. A good friend of mine didn't breastfeed, and her mother hadn't breastfed her either and they felt awkward about breastfeeding. My mom breastfed me and I want to do the same and don't think it's awkward. But we are going to get some type of pump so that others can feed the baby too, not b/c I don't want to be the sole feeder, but b/c I want to share the experience with hubby and my sister, and mom, close friends etc. They would all love to be able to feed baby sometimes, hubby especially, so I will pump some. I will get an electric pump, probably a single pump. I just really want it all to work out at least for a few months, hopefully longer. I kind of find breastmilk to be a miracle, it's like our bodies make exactly what the baby needs and it's free, an added bonus! But I would not say it's the only proper way to feed a baby. Everyone has to do what they feel comfy with. :)

Edited by stina&suj

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Personally, I'm really looking forward to breastfeeding. The benefits for both baby and mom are unparalleled. And I greatly desire that bonding experience.

I just hope I can do it :blush:

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Whatever you decide to do, and whatever you chose to do as far as breast feeding or bottle feeding goes do not let people make you feel bad! The people at my hospital were really supportive as long as you wanted to breast feed, but if you didn't, they were really nasty. I tried with both of my sons to breast feed, I tried *really* hard. Both became jaundice and had to be put under uv lights. They told me I was not making enough breast milk and to start bottle feeding. I continued to pump breast milk for 4 months and give it to them before I gave them formula, but I beat my self up about it for a very long time and felt terrible and guilty.

I-130 Filed - Sept. 15, 2006

129-F Filed - Oct. 27, 2006

I-130/129F Approved - Jan. 10, 2007

K3/K4 Visas Approved - May 4, 2007

~~~~Hubby and Son PoE Newark - May 27, 2007~~~~

EAD filed for Hubby - June 6, 2007

EAD NOA for Hubby - June 13, 2007

AoS filed for Hubby and Son - June 15, 2007

EAD for Hubby APPROVED! WOW!!!!!! - July 19, 2007

AoS Interview for Hubby and Son in Philadelphia - Friday, September 14, 2007 - APPROVED!

10 Year Green Cards Received!!!! - October 12, 2007

Done until naturalization!

m_7dc3c15c2e1d0eafb3d8770777862202.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

that is what I am worried about I don't want to be made to feel guilty if I choose to bottle feed :unsure:

like I mentioned earlier I will breast feed if I have another preemie , other then that I really think I am leaning towards bottle feeding

mvSuprise-hug.gif

that is what I am worried about I don't want to be made to feel guilty if I choose to bottle feed :unsure:

like I mentioned earlier I will breast feed if I have another preemie , other then that I really think I am leaning towards bottle feeding

I wouldnt feel guilty about it at all. Its important to do what feels right for you. There are so many different kinds of formula to choose from nowadays, Im sure you'll find just what you're little one does best on. There's no sense in nursing just because you feel you must. Babies sense stress and frustration in mom, so if you're not enjoying the activity, baby probably wont either.

Timeline

I agree. If you don't want to breastfeed and still do it, baby will feel that and there is no sense in feeling like you MUST breastfeed if you relly don't like it because then all the beneficial stuff is worth nothing. You have to feel comfortable and convinced about it. There will be moments when you have to nurse in the car because baby is still hungry and if you don't like it...that will just put you over the edge (it pisses me off if I have to bf in our little car with a carseat and all uncomfortable). Do what you think is right, don't feel bad for not breastfeeding, luckily mothers nowadays have all the options of giving very good nutritious formula.

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

Timeline

I am really confused now :wacko::unsure::blink:

i just got back from my doctor's appointment.... and everything went great.... hubby and I even got to hear the heartbeat for the first time.... :D

well, the doctor said she is scheduling me for another ultrasound in 2 weeks, (actually it is going to be next week because Thanksgiving is the following week) because the ultrasound person recommended that I get another ultrasound between 18 to 20 weeks...

well, this is where I got confused and I didn't get a chance to ask the doctor because I was still try to mull it over in my head... I thought I was only about 13 weeks because according to the last ultrasound report, it said that I was about 8 weeks at the end of September...

i would be about 17 weeks if they counted from the last day of my period but I thought the last ultrasound changed that....

I did ask the nurse who was taking my blood and she said I was 17 weeks because that is what the doctor had written down...

so now I am all confused ... :wacko:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You count the number of weeks you are pregnant from the first day of your last period, not the last day of your period.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Timeline
You count the number of weeks you are pregnant from the first day of your last period, not the last day of your period.

yeah, that is what I meant... it was just a typo... :blush:

my point was that according to my period I am about 16 or 17 weeks but according to my last ultrasound I am only about 13 weeks...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi All!

I am here and so is Amirah Bethany!

My water broke on the morning of the 24th, I went to the hospital to find that my cervix wasnt ripened or dilated at all... spent all that day with that ripening gel and started pitocin the next morning. after a few hours my doc decided that because the babys heartbeat was slowing everytime I had a contraction it was time for a C-section. I am afraid I wasnt a good sport about it at all. I pretty much had a meltdown. well, a couple of meltdowns. they had to give me some anti-anxiety meds just to I could get ahold of myself enough to get a spinal in the OR. Recovery has been hideous, I just find it so hard to be helpless to the point that I need someone else to pull up my underwear, let alone not being able to pick up my baby. THANK GOD my husband has been a gem. He stepped right up to the plate and has done everything for me and for baby.

The GOOD news is that my little 7 pound daughter is wonderful, she already sleeps 4 or 5 hours at a time and eats 3 or 4 ounces. She didnt even lose any birthweight and has gained 4 ounces! So now we are settling in and things are great....

@Lyuba - yes the body pillows are totally worth it!

Congratulations on your daughter - she is adorable :wub:

is it bad that I don't want to breastfeed?

I don't want to be the only one who is responsible for feeding the baby...

I know I could pump but I did that last time and I felt like a cow attached to a milking machine... I used one of those automatic pumpers...

the only way I would breastfeed or pump, is if I had a preemie baby again....

I don't think it's bad that you want to breastfeed - you have to do what works out best for you and hubby in regards to the baby.

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I plan to breastfeed too - my godmom got two pumps for me, a manual and an electric. Gonna pump and freeze also for him to help with the feedings. I want to provide as much milk to our son as possible.

Edited by Jonesie

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I plan to breastfeed too - my godmom got two pumps for me, a manual and an electric. Gonna pump and freeze also for him to help with the feedings. I want to provide as much milk to our son as possible.

What brand pump? I am having the hardest time deciding, good thing I have time left to decide. I don't want to buy the expensive yet nice medela pumps b/c I will be staying at home and will only pump maybe once a day or every other day(unless circumstances change). I am looking at some that are single electric pumps under $100, but I don't want to buy a piece of #######. But I also don't want to spend a lot! And I keep reading reviews and all of them are mixed on almost every product. This decision is driving me crazy. :P

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Timeline

I planned to pump and have hubby give Adam the bottle too but it never worked out. You are not supposed to bottlefeed in the first three weeks and after that Adam would never take a bottle. He wanted the real deal so I was 'stuck' with him but as I mentioned before, I don't mind at all. I love to bf him, in fact, my husband woke up at five this morning, got Adam in our bed, I unhooked my bra and fed him...right there, Baby sandwiched between the two of us..sucking away, I love it..I think it's wonderful but that might just be old hippie me :lol::lol:

02/12/2009 - APPROVED