Patricia_and_andy

Baby Corner

3,061 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline
is it bad that I don't want to breastfeed?

I don't want to be the only one who is responsible for feeding the baby...

I know I could pump but I did that last time and I felt like a cow attached to a milking machine... I used one of those automatic pumpers...

the only way I would breastfeed or pump, is if I had a preemie baby again....

congrast on your baby girl, Sara (F)

I have a feeling I am having a girl too... the last time I had the feeling that I was having a boy.....

Of course it is not bad if you don't want to breastfeed. I love the fact that I can be the only one to feed Adam, something that NOBODY else in the world can do, just me. I love the bond AND breastfeeding helped me a lot with my depression after the unwanted c/section I had. It was some kind of therapy for me although I'm still feeling guilty for the decision I made back then.

When are you going to find out if your gut feeling is right?

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@sara.. CONGRATS she is soo cute!! hope we can see u in our "mommy corner" now.. :)

@lyuba.. i had a pillow too.. best thing ever!!

R.I.P. Diana 1982 - 28.08.2008

<3 WE MISS YOU <3

December 2oo7 - received 1o year GC!!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I am not sure... I am only about 13 weeks right now and I think you can only tell after the 16th week, right....

on my last ultrasound report, the person suggested that I have another ultrasound around 18 to 20 weeks.... so maybe in another month or so, we will find out....

hubby won't be able to make it if they do the ultrasound this year because he has no days off left... so I think I will get the guy to write it down and hubby and I will find out together later....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline
I am not sure... I am only about 13 weeks right now and I think you can only tell after the 16th week, right....

on my last ultrasound report, the person suggested that I have another ultrasound around 18 to 20 weeks.... so maybe in another month or so, we will find out....

hubby won't be able to make it if they do the ultrasound this year because he has no days off left... so I think I will get the guy to write it down and hubby and I will find out together later....

YES, that is a cute idea. I'd buy a card that says "It's a ..." and then have the US technician (sp?) write it down inside the card....sooo exciting...maybe we should do that too when we're preggo with No2...

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

Timeline

I feel bad about not breast feeding because all the books say that breast milk is the best thing for the baby etc....

but me and my brothers were all bottle fed and we were hardly ever sick etc, growing up....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

YES, that is a cute idea. I'd buy a card that says "It's a ..." and then have the US technician (sp?) write it down inside the card....sooo exciting...maybe we should do that too when we're preggo with No2...

I just feel bad because hubby has never been to an ultrasound yet.. he has just seen the bit of the tape that they record for me.... I really wanted him to be at the one where we find out if it is a boy or a girl but it looks like that is not going to happen so the card thing is the next best thing :thumbs:

he is going to be at my next doc appointment tomorrow and we are hopefully going to be able to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time :)

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I'm so excited for you Marilyn. HOpe you have fun watching BabyTV.

As for the breastfeeding. You can try it and if it works out for you and baby then great. If you fully breastfeed and your milk really kicks in, you won't have problems expressing milk or pumping with a manual pump. I have a manual one and I didn't feel like a cow while I probably would on one of those big electric pumps. Your husband can always bottlefeed with expressed milk. If it doesn't work out for you or if you don't feel comfortable with it then you can always switch to formula. Adam and I hit it off right away, he never had problems latching on or anything and I love to breastfeed him.

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

Timeline

last time I had no problems with the milk coming in... the nurse was surprised at how much milk I expressed on my first try....

I think part of it is that I think I would feel a little uncomfortable with the baby breastfeeding... :blush::whistle::unsure:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

See, if you feel uncomfortable then give it a try and if you still feel awkward after like two weeks (if you want to keep it up for so long) then switch to formula. I had a friend who didn't feel comfy bfing and she tried for about a month and still complained that she was sick of it and didn't really get the hang of it...she's switched to formula and is a whole lot happier.

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

Timeline
we will see.... but I think I might just go with bottle feeding

Whatever works best for you...you know what they say "If mommy is not happy...nobody's happy" So true

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

I plan to nurse for the first several months, but the bottle that has been recommended to me most is the Avent. Ive heard lots of good things about it whether you start off with bottle or wean from the breast.

Timeline

I plan to nurse for the first several months, but the bottle that has been recommended to me most is the Avent. Ive heard lots of good things about it whether you start off with bottle or wean from the breast.

I don't know if it's just me but I've heard bad things about Avent, especially now wht the Bisphenol A that is in hard seethrough plastic... https://dev.copirg.org/reports/environmenta...ic-baby-bottles

Manufacturers like Avent and Dr. Browns are on the NO GO list...I would recommend Medela, they have soft plastic bottles without BPA. There's lots of things you have to worry about nowadays. There's a new study about flame retardants in polyester Pajamas which is harmful to babies etc...It's crazy, every week there's new stuff, it's almost impossible to keep everything bad away from baby.

I thought I would nurse for six months and now Adam is eight months old and we're still going strong. I guess we just go until he's had enough AND I didn't want to end up buying formula after all, since their main source for one year should be BM or Formula (that is just too expensive for me and I make the milk myself so why go out and buy it).

Ladies I'm sorry if I sound a little tree huggerish, I must admit I didn't care for high fructose corn syrup, baby carries such as slings, meiTais, hard plastic bottles or flame retardants before Adam but now...i guess I'm turning into a hippie..just trying to do the right thing here. Please forgive me if I come off a little toooo crunchy.

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Marilyn, I was so sad that my huby couldn't be with me during the u/s to find out the gender. But I asked the doctor if I could have him on speaker phone and it was okay with him. So even though he wasn't there physically we both heard the gender at the same time.

I breast feed for a couple of weeks and then I got mastitis and was put on meds. Eman was having lost of trouble latching on and it was truly an uncomfy experience. After that I stopped breastfeeding and to this day I regret it but I was so scared that I would get sick again. And being that I was alone with no help and hubby went to work I didn't want to risk getting sick again.

Eveline: I totally do not want to know the gender of my baby if and when I have the second one.

Sara: Congrats! I remember I had a breakdown during my last hour because I had given up and asked for an epidural but they told me it was too late for that. I started crying like a baby! I laugh now but it was so not funny then! lol

I thought I would nurse for six months and now Adam is eight months old and we're still going strong. I guess we just go until he's had enough AND I didn't want to end up buying formula after all, since their main source for one year should be BM or Formula (that is just too expensive for me and I make the milk myself so why go out and buy it).

yup formula is very expensive.. D's first one was about $12 (1 can) and cuz of his allergys he need one that is about $30!! and btw he needs 10-13 cans a month plus his solids.. expensive.... :wacko::whistle:

Edited by Joel'sWife

R.I.P. Diana 1982 - 28.08.2008

<3 WE MISS YOU <3

December 2oo7 - received 1o year GC!!