Patricia_and_andy

Baby Corner

3,061 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

before I was pregnant I bought my hubby some green apple shampoo and conditioner.. I loved that smell but now I can't stand it... :unsure: whenever hubby got out of the shower after using it I felt so nauseated... so yesterday I got him some new shampoo.. berry blend or something... we will see how this one works...

i think my hubby is more worried about the smell then the actual lack of experience of changing diapers ;):lol:

have him do exercises holding his breath, it worked for me :thumbs:

we are just going to get him a gas mask :lol:

If you plan to breastfeed then don't worry. Baby poop doesn't stink at all then. It only starts when you introduce solids. My husband always gags when I change Adam's poop diaper and I actually know one guy who was so smart to wrap a T-shirt around his mouth and nose before changing a poopy diaper and he threw up in the t-shirt and almost 'drowned' in it.

yeah, I know all about baby poop..... I probably have changed more diapers then the average mother :wacko::blink: I was a nanny for over 10 years, I have seen it all :lol:

my hubby on the other hand doesn't have any experience in the diaper changing field...

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Marilyn, I bought some body scrub, lotion and soap for 54 Dollars from BAth and Bodyworks when I was pregnant. I used it once, because I loved the smell...when I tried the second time, I was so grossed out. I still hate that smell. I don't know what happened to me overnight but I just could not use that soap anymore.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Timeline

It's weird how sensitive you are to certain smells. I made my husband go and buy palmers cocoa butter lotion because I loved the smell.. I still have the bottle here and don't even dare to stick my nose into it (even though I'm not even pregnant anymore) :lol:

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Steven and Jinky are having a boy! The boys are definitely winning :star:

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived

heres for you marilyn...

congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"True love is falling in love with your best friend,

and only then, will you find the meaning of happiness."

tony_1.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
heres for you marilyn...

congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: thanks... I will pass that on to him :thumbs:

it is weird that your body seems to cease to exist as your own personal property when you are pregnant... people think they can touch your tummy whenever they want :lol:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I actually like when people touch my tummy. Not total strangers of course.

Drew (St. Louis, MO) + Lyuba (Moscow, Russia)

December 1, 2003 - met and fell in love in Moscow, Russia

K-1

June 24, 2004 - NOA1

September 14, 2004 - NOA2

December 2, 2004 - Interview

December 24, 2004 - Arrival to the USA

January 14, 2005 - Wedding

AOS

January 25, 2005 - applied for AOS, EAD and AP in person

June 29, 2005 - AOS interview

August 8, 2005 - Green card arrived

Lifting of conditions

April 17, 2007 - NOA1 (extension letter)

April 2, 2008 - case transferred to CSC

May 8, 2008 - 10 year Green card arrived

Naturalization

July 24, 2008 - NOA1

November 19, 2008 - Interview

January 9, 2009 - Oath

January 17, 2009 - applied for US passport

January 26, 2009 - US passport arrived

DONE WITH IMMIGRATION

I actually like when people touch my tummy. Not total strangers of course.

OMG I HATED THAT!! :angry:

R.I.P. Diana 1982 - 28.08.2008

<3 WE MISS YOU <3

December 2oo7 - received 1o year GC!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Has anyone checked into dual citizenship for the new babies to be, or for anyone who has already had a baby?

I'm going to look into it before our baby is born but was wondering if anyone else has thought of this.

Patricia

Our baby was born in Canada on July 5, 2007. On our way to Montreal for our interview we went to the Toronto consulate to apply for citizenship for the baby. While I was waiting for my visa the babies citizenship also came in the mail in Canada. He now has dual citizenship.

AOS Timeline

01-02-2008 - AOS Sent

01-04-2008 - Received Date

01-08-2008 - Notice Date I-797C

01-16-2008 - Received NOA for Biometrics appointment

01-30-2008 - Biometrics appointment

02-15-2008 - Received NOA Request for applicant to appear for initial interview Form I-485, Notice Date - Feb.8,2008

03-04-2008 - Received EAD for both myself and my son.........:)

03-04-2008 - Received AP for both myself and my son.......:)

05-07-2008 - Interview for I-485

05-07-2008 - Request for additional medical for myself. I was pregnant for the first medical and couldn't get xrays for the TB test. I also needed mumps measles and rubella shot at the time and couldn't get until after the pregnancy.

05-23-2008 - Medical approved and sent to USCIS.

06-03-2008 - I-797 Notice of Action . Welcome notice. Application for permanent residence approved...:)!!

06-06-2008 - Greencards received....YEAH!! Happy Dance!!

Timeline

Adam has both citizenships. He got the German one automatically since I'm his mom and of course the US citizenship because he was born in the US. I didn't have to do anything, just apply for a passport and eventually get a couple of birth certificates.

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Yep, that is what they told me. I had a DR and a midwife and the DR was ready to have me sign papers for a c-section. he said my baby would never fit through my pelvis and it was a waste of time to even try. My midwife pulled him outside the room but I heard them talking. She was in disagreement with him and they got in an argument. My DR never returned back in that room and my midwife delivered my baby. So, had i not went against it, i would have unnecessarily had that c-section done.

@Anxcious: I don't understand. ARE they doing a repeat C/S with you now? I'm sorry about that.

I will go for a VBAC even if it has to be a home birth OR some doctor can actually prove that my pelvis is too narrow...which should be close to impossible unless they are scanning me while pregnant.

036.jpg

Timeline:

*Met in Tanzfleck, Germany October 24, 2003 - Continued dating until he got out of the ARMY in Nov. 2005. Continued LD relationship.

*Came to visit me in Germany for New Years 2006

*Filed for K1 Visa on 4/4/06

*NOA1 - 7/6/06

*I-129F NOA2 Approved - 9/14/06

*Came to see me Thanksgiving week in Nov. 2006

*K1 Interview - 2/2/07

*K1 Visa received - 2/11/07

*Date of US Entry (POE Chicago)- 3/5/07

*Wedding/Marriage - 3/17/07

AOS (My case was expedited due to husband going to Iraq):

*Filed for AOS - 4/20/07

*Found out in the beginning of June that husband is going to Iraq

*NOA for I-485 - 6/11/07

*Made Infopass appointment to get case expedited due to deployment (Infopass appt 6/12/07)

*Biometrics - 7/7/07

*Interview date - 7/11/07

*I-485 Aprroval date- 7/11/07

*Green Card Received- 7/19/07

Removal of Conditions:

*Filed petition to remove conditions on 6/9/09

*NOA- 6/15/09

*Biometrics Appt. in Birmingham - 8/6/09

*Lifting of Conditions Approval Date - 10/22/09

*Waiting for Green Card!

Had our daughter on 4/4/08 and have another baby due 11/19/09!!!

Timeline

Yep, i eat McDonalds cheeseburgers all the time. i am glad I am not the only one. I also crave chinese food alot.

Food aversions are normal, as well as aversions to smell. Spaghetti is one of my favorites but I had a strong aversion to it until 2 weeks ago. Same thing happened with pizza. I threw up all over the floor one morning when i petted my dog and smelled his breath. It didn't stink but smelled like dog food because he had just eaten. i couldn't stand the smell of raw meat either.

I have always had really bad morning sickness and it always lasted until i was about 4 months. I swear by the ginger capsules and vitamin b-6 now, along with Unisom. I know they helped me because if I went one day without taking them, the nausea would come back the next day. As soon as i took it though, the nausea faded away.

MMMM ... McDonald's cheeseburgers!

I haven't really started having cravings yet (I am probably only about 6 weeks) ... but last night, I had a really weird aversion to my husband's mouthwash. He got into bed after brushing teeth and it made me nauseous. Is that weird??? LOL

036.jpg

Timeline:

*Met in Tanzfleck, Germany October 24, 2003 - Continued dating until he got out of the ARMY in Nov. 2005. Continued LD relationship.

*NOA1 - 7/6/06

*K1 Interview - 2/2/07

*Filed for AOS - 4/20/07

*NOA for I-485 - 6/11/07

*Made Infopass appointment to get case expedited due to deployment (Infopass appt 6/12/07)

*Biometrics - 7/7/07

Removal of Conditions:

*NOA- 6/15/09

*Waiting for Green Card!

Timeline

LOL, I used to make my ex husband go to the truck stop at 3am to get me a BIG T-Bone steak. Towards the end of that pegnancy I always craved meat. Oh, he'd also go to IHOP at 3 or 4am if I was craving strawberry pancakes. I would actually wake up out of my sleep because I had dreamt about strawberry pancakes. Then i couldnt go back to sleep until i had them.

Autumnchik-I'm sorry I forgot to say it earlier...congrats on your pregnancy too!! :D

I haven't had strong cravings. Sometimes a smell will trigger something I want or a commercial (lol). For a couple days a couple months ago I wanted Arby's melts. But that didn't last long. One day I want one thing, the next I might not want it anymore. I've heard about women sending their husbands to the store at 2am for a craving but that hasn't happened to me, haha.

Sara & Anna-Do you have a name picked already for your baby?

We already have our name picked. Before the ultrasound we had already narrowed it down to a girl's name and a boy's name, which were variations of either.

Anybody sharing their baby's name before it's born? Everyone we know already knows his name and we call the baby by name a lot now, I like it. But I don't know if I should keep it a surprise on VJ?

036.jpg

Timeline:

*NOA1 - 7/6/06

*K1 Interview - 2/2/07

*Filed for AOS - 4/20/07

*NOA for I-485 - 6/11/07

*Biometrics - 7/7/07

Removal of Conditions:

*NOA- 6/15/09

*Waiting for Green Card!