• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
Has anyone rented a fetal doppler to hear your baby's heartbeat? Luis and I got one, and it's so freaking cool :wub:

It's just like the ones used at our doctor's office and now we have the luxury of hearing our baby every day!!!

Hi Tracy,

That's very cool. We didn't rent one but it sounds like it was a good investment. Enjoy the beating of your baby's precious heart! It is probably helping to lift your spirits!

Heather

.png

Luis and I love it...and my Mom, too. I'm finally starting to feel a little better. Not good, but better. So my spirits are much improved :thumbs:

Little Leo will be here before you know it :yes:

I'm glad to hear you are feeling a little better. It is a slow and gradual process. By 18 weeks you'll probably be right back on top of your game!

Yes, Leo is due to arrive very soon! And I don't think he has any plans of being casually late!

Take care!

Tracy, glad to hear you are not feeling quite as wretched as before :) LOL Hope it gets even better.

Awww, Marilyn, I sympathize. I feel like hell now, it just seems to be getting worse. I am just praying that, after the first trimester, I feel better.

Anyone got any words of advice I can give to my hubby? He hates seeing me sick and throwing up so often. I try to explain that a lot of women have morning sickness like this and I will get through it, but now he keeps asking if I am sure I want to try to have another child in the future.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Tracy, glad to hear you are not feeling quite as wretched as before :) LOL Hope it gets even better.

Awww, Marilyn, I sympathize. I feel like hell now, it just seems to be getting worse. I am just praying that, after the first trimester, I feel better.

Anyone got any words of advice I can give to my hubby? He hates seeing me sick and throwing up so often. I try to explain that a lot of women have morning sickness like this and I will get through it, but now he keeps asking if I am sure I want to try to have another child in the future.

Ahmed never seemed to get very upset about my constant puking (and I do mean morning, noon, and night). He would bring me water and towels and even pat my back while he was talking on the phone to his friends in Morocco. The only thing that worried him was when all the capillaries in my face and neck would burst from being so violently ill. But I think having so many sisters, he was accustomed to the strange goings-on of pregnancy.

To be honest, Ive pretty much forgotten what those early weeks were like. I remember being horribly ill and wondering if I would ever feel human again. But it went away, and Im enjoying being the quintessential fat 'n happy pregnant woman. I think once you are past the icky months, he will see that you're not scarred for life and pregnancy is mostly a pretty cool thing :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

We are going to take classes. The price is 60 bucks at the hospital where I am going to deliver.

We are going to do it for our peace of mind, at least we will be a little bit prepared.

Wow, Sara, you are almost there! Please keep us updated!

Drew (St. Louis, MO) + Lyuba (Moscow, Russia)

December 1, 2003 - met and fell in love in Moscow, Russia

K-1

June 24, 2004 - NOA1

September 14, 2004 - NOA2

December 2, 2004 - Interview

December 24, 2004 - Arrival to the USA

January 14, 2005 - Wedding

AOS

January 25, 2005 - applied for AOS, EAD and AP in person

June 29, 2005 - AOS interview

August 8, 2005 - Green card arrived

Lifting of conditions

April 17, 2007 - NOA1 (extension letter)

April 2, 2008 - case transferred to CSC

May 8, 2008 - 10 year Green card arrived

Naturalization

July 24, 2008 - NOA1

November 19, 2008 - Interview

January 9, 2009 - Oath

January 17, 2009 - applied for US passport

January 26, 2009 - US passport arrived

DONE WITH IMMIGRATION

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well, things are not going so well for me here this last week or two. I have normally low blood pressure and last week it really shot up. I have been going in twice a week to check it and its not going down. Today my doctor wanted to check me to see if she can induce Friday but when she checked I am not effaced or dilated AT ALL and in fact the baby is still up pretty high, not even dropped down into the pelvic bones. I guess to induce at this point is to invite the possibility of a whole new set of troubles like the cord getting wrapped around the neck and things of that nature. SO. I have to do that 24 hour pee test to check for protein and the possibility of preclampsia, then friday morning I'll do the baby stress test and depending on the results of those 2 things either I will try to wait it out and give her a few more days to drop or they are going to send me in for an immediate C-section which I REALLY dont want to do.

I'm kinda freaking out. :unsure:

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
We are going to take classes. The price is 60 bucks at the hospital where I am going to deliver.

We are going to do it for our peace of mind, at least we will be a little bit prepared.

Wow, Sara, you are almost there! Please keep us updated!

we are going to take some classes at our hospital too... I think they even had some other classes too that we want to take....

hubby says he doesn't want to change diapers because he doesn't know how but I am going to get him a doll and some diapers to practice with.... :lol:

I hope everything goes ok , sara (F)

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Thought I would join the club and say im pregnant, for those who didnt know....Just rounding 13 weeks....Its great to hear everyones stories....My pregnancy this far hasnt been bad....I did find out im a cycstic fibrosis carrier, which was quite the scare, but because hubby was negative we have nothing to worry about..

I got my first ultrasound last week, internally, and the pictures turned out great, wish i had a scanner to post them...I did find out i have placenta previa, so needless to say i have to take it easy til i get my next ultrasound in december....

good luck to everyone expecting, i know everyone is just as excited as i am

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

C-section which I REALLY dont want to do.

I hear ya honey. Im not crazy about a C-section either, but at least I know about it ahead of time. Im praying for you to have some tranquility in these last few days. I hope things smooth out and go more easily for you, dearie. (L)

hubby says he doesn't want to change diapers because he doesn't know how but I am going to get him a doll and some diapers to practice with.... :lol:

The hubster and I had a similar convo the other day.....

Me: Honey have you ever changed a diaper before?

Ahmed: Ive seen my sisters do it.

Me: Its not very difficult, just make sure the picture on the diaper is in the front.

Ahmed: There's a picture?

*sigh* Just call me Gabi "Diaper Queen" Ellaoui

Thought I would join the club and say im pregnant, for those who didnt know....Just rounding 13 weeks....

Mabrook!!!!!! :dance:

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline
Well, things are not going so well for me here this last week or two. I have normally low blood pressure and last week it really shot up. I have been going in twice a week to check it and its not going down. Today my doctor wanted to check me to see if she can induce Friday but when she checked I am not effaced or dilated AT ALL and in fact the baby is still up pretty high, not even dropped down into the pelvic bones. I guess to induce at this point is to invite the possibility of a whole new set of troubles like the cord getting wrapped around the neck and things of that nature. SO. I have to do that 24 hour pee test to check for protein and the possibility of preclampsia, then friday morning I'll do the baby stress test and depending on the results of those 2 things either I will try to wait it out and give her a few more days to drop or they are going to send me in for an immediate C-section which I REALLY dont want to do.

I know how you are feeling. I had the same thing happening to me but I was already at 41 weeks. My blood pressure was around 100/115 and my nose was bleeding all the time. They sent me to L&D for induction...and an eventual C/S due to failure to progress. I think if I were you, I'd go for an induction and at least try. Can baby actually still wrap the cord around his neck? Isn't it way too big already for stunts in your belly? I don't even know, have never thought about that. Good luck.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

dollface-Congrats!! :)

Sara-I hope things go smoothly for you and that you don't get pre-e. Keeping you in my prayers! I'm sure it's no help, but at least the baby is at the size where she should be perfectly fine even if she needs to come out soon. Whatever happens, I can't wait to see your little girlie!

Thankfully my hubby has some diaper changing experience, lol. He lived with one of his sisters and bro in law in the past while his sister had a baby and he helped out sometimes. I have a lot of experience from growing up in church and babysitting lots of babies.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Sara,

We will be thinking about you. Hopefully the baby will drop and you will deliver without C-section.

Let us know how everything goes.

Drew (St. Louis, MO) + Lyuba (Moscow, Russia)

December 1, 2003 - met and fell in love in Moscow, Russia

K-1

June 24, 2004 - NOA1

September 14, 2004 - NOA2

December 2, 2004 - Interview

December 24, 2004 - Arrival to the USA

January 14, 2005 - Wedding

AOS

January 25, 2005 - applied for AOS, EAD and AP in person

June 29, 2005 - AOS interview

August 8, 2005 - Green card arrived

Lifting of conditions

April 17, 2007 - NOA1 (extension letter)

April 2, 2008 - case transferred to CSC

May 8, 2008 - 10 year Green card arrived

Naturalization

July 24, 2008 - NOA1

November 19, 2008 - Interview

January 9, 2009 - Oath

January 17, 2009 - applied for US passport

January 26, 2009 - US passport arrived

DONE WITH IMMIGRATION

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
i think my hubby is more worried about the smell then the actual lack of experience of changing diapers ;):lol:

have him do exercises holding his breath, it worked for me :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

If you plan to breastfeed then don't worry. Baby poop doesn't stink at all then. It only starts when you introduce solids. My husband always gags when I change Adam's poop diaper and I actually know one guy who was so smart to wrap a T-shirt around his mouth and nose before changing a poopy diaper and he threw up in the t-shirt and almost 'drowned' in it.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019