Patricia_and_andy

Baby Corner

3,061 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Ladies,

After we all give birth, we will have a start a Mommy thread to exchange advice on raising our babies!

Drew (St. Louis, MO) + Lyuba (Moscow, Russia)

December 1, 2003 - met and fell in love in Moscow, Russia

K-1

June 24, 2004 - NOA1

September 14, 2004 - NOA2

December 2, 2004 - Interview

December 24, 2004 - Arrival to the USA

January 14, 2005 - Wedding

AOS

January 25, 2005 - applied for AOS, EAD and AP in person

June 29, 2005 - AOS interview

August 8, 2005 - Green card arrived

Lifting of conditions

April 17, 2007 - NOA1 (extension letter)

April 2, 2008 - case transferred to CSC

May 8, 2008 - 10 year Green card arrived

Naturalization

July 24, 2008 - NOA1

November 19, 2008 - Interview

January 9, 2009 - Oath

January 17, 2009 - applied for US passport

January 26, 2009 - US passport arrived

DONE WITH IMMIGRATION

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
Hi Tracey,

I wasn't going to let you in on this one until your first trimester sickness eased up! I'm so sorry to hear you are still feeling ill. have you spoken with your OB? It is completely normal, unfortunately, but it helped me a lot to get the reassurance from the doc. My first incling about third trimester sickness was when my first rrimester sickness let up. I was talking to a coworker and she asked how I was feeling it was at about 16 weeks and I said great! I think the worst is over! She smiled and said, you hope! I walked away thinking what is that supposed to mean. Well, at about 27 weeks it started again. I have to say honestly it wasn't as bad as the first but I was so depressed to find out that it was common and I was just going to have to ride it out. I'm at 34 weeks now and have had two good days in a row! I have really learned to take pleasure in these very simple things! Hang in there and PLEASE feel free to call or write if you have any questions or concerns, I love to be supportive in any way I can!

Heather

I honestly don't even know how I'm going to survive THIS sickness, so the last thing I want to imagine is this feeling coming back at the end of my pregnancy. It's comforting to know I'm not alone, although it feels that way every day at work. Every day is torture and a fight for survival. I feel a bit heartbroken because I've looked forward to experiencing pregnancy for as long as I can remember, and the joy I expected to feel is being buried by my constant feeling of needing to vomit. This was supposed to be a HAPPY time!!!

I'm ready to be the fat, happy pregnant lady I always dreamed about :yes:

You sound just like me! I was out for four weeks in my first trimester because I couldn't eat or sleep! Please above all else take care of yourself and listen to your body's needs. That is the most important thing in the whole world right now. Your body is taking care of the baby so you take care of your body. Raul listened to me a thousand times saying that I just wanted to be the happy pregnant lady I always dreamed of being. I was convinced I would love being pregnant. There were a could of months in there that wer good and I did enjoy it but much was over shadowed by financial and domestic worries. If there was something to worry about I made sure to worry about it! Hopefully you are not doing the same thing. Third trimester sickness does not have to happen it is just something that is possible. This IS a happy time it just doesn't feel it right now. I spent much of my preganacy feeling this way and I hope you can find a way to avoid this. Focus on the end result, imagine you baby and the joy he or she will bring into your life. There is a lot we are not told about the physical experience of pregnancy and don't underestimate those hormones! They are the devil's work I am convinced!

Heather

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline
Ladies,

After we all give birth, we will have a start a Mommy thread to exchange advice on raising our babies!

I think we can already start that and you guys just join later. I don't know if there is enough demand for a "Mommy Corner" here on VJ, it sure would be nice though...that way all the teething problems and baby constipation doesn't interfere with third trimester nausea :lol:

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Ladies,

yeah i thought about that too.. :whistle:

i just made one.. :thumbs:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=0#entry1257998

R.I.P. Diana 1982 - 28.08.2008

<3 WE MISS YOU <3

December 2oo7 - received 1o year GC!!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I have a new nephew.... my brother's wife had a baby on October 5th.... she had a C-section because her blood pressure was going crazy... he was born 9 lbs 3 ounces...

They named him Levi James but my mom told me today that they talked to my dad last week and asked if they could use his name... :unsure: my dad said yes because he didn't want to say no.... I was a little upset because we used my dad's name for our son... Noah William.... Levi was born on the same day as Noah and now they share a name too... :unsure:

anywho, I haven't seen any pics yet but my mom said she would send me some soon.... I wish I could be there to meet my little nephew... I have a bunch of nephews through my hubby but this is my first nephew from my side.. :)

mvSuprise-hug.gif

<eom>

Edited by CherryXS

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

I have a new nephew.... my brother's wife had a baby on October 5th.... she had a C-section because her blood pressure was going crazy... he was born 9 lbs 3 ounces...

They named him Levi James but my mom told me today that they talked to my dad last week and asked if they could use his name... :unsure: my dad said yes because he didn't want to say no.... I was a little upset because we used my dad's name for our son... Noah William.... Levi was born on the same day as Noah and now they share a name too... :unsure:

anywho, I haven't seen any pics yet but my mom said she would send me some soon.... I wish I could be there to meet my little nephew... I have a bunch of nephews through my hubby but this is my first nephew from my side.. :)

i sent u a PM.. :thumbs:

R.I.P. Diana 1982 - 28.08.2008

<3 WE MISS YOU <3

December 2oo7 - received 1o year GC!!

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Congrats on your nephew!

That is kind of weird but I guess your dad must be well liked? Or are they just being weird? I think if it's just sharing a middle name, it's not too strange, but still it must feel awkward.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats on your nephew!

That is kind of weird but I guess your dad must be well liked? Or are they just being weird? I think if it's just sharing a middle name, it's not too strange, but still it must feel awkward.

my mom said my sis-in-law did it because she wanted my dad to feel special :blink: i told my mom that dad already has a grandchild named after him... my sis-in-law just likes to one up me though.... she said that they are probably not going to have more kids and they wanted to use that name now....

and it is kind of weird because she was all worried about her baby being born on the same day.. she said she didn't want to take away from Noah's day but then she does this?? :unsure:

I wouldn't mind if one of my other brothers or sister had a son in a few years and wanted to use that name but this is just to soon...... and isn't it enough that they already have the same Birthday?? :unsure:

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Has anyone rented a fetal doppler to hear your baby's heartbeat? Luis and I got one, and it's so freaking cool :wub:

It's just like the ones used at our doctor's office and now we have the luxury of hearing our baby every day!!!

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived

<eom>

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Should I be worried? I am 18 weeks. I don't feel the baby kick and am not showing. I have to remind myself that I am pregnant. I have doctor's appointment next Wednesday. I am hoping that would relieve some of my worries.

11-22-04-- mailed I-129f

12-06-04 NOA 1

2-16-05 NOA 2 online Approval

2- 19-05-NOA 2 Approval receipt in mail

3-08-05 NVC assigned case number

3-10-05 Letter from NVC saying they completed processing on our case and will be forwarding our file to US Consulate in Chennai.

3-11-05 NVC forward our case to Chennai, INDIA

3-29-05 Received an email from Consulate in Chennai. Interview date May 12, 2005.

4-6-05 Fiance received the appointment letter

MAY 12,2005--INTERVIEW----- VISA APPROVED

6-2-05 WELCOME HOME Prem!

7-30-05 WEDDING DAY!!!!

8-5-05 AOS/EAD/ papers sent in

8-10-05 NOA's for AOS, EAD

12-02-05 EAD approved

12-05-05 EAD received (dated Oct.14)

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
Should I be worried? I am 18 weeks. I don't feel the baby kick and am not showing. I have to remind myself that I am pregnant. I have doctor's appointment next Wednesday. I am hoping that would relieve some of my worries.

It's totally normal to worry. :)

I didn't really feel the baby kicking until about 20 weeks. I have read that you can start feeling it anywhere between 16-24 weeks, some feel it earlier and some later. I felt the same way you do at 18 weeks waiting for my next appt. In between appointments can be stressful when you aren't feeling the baby yet and are just praying everything is ok.

I'm sure everything is good! :)

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Every pregnany is different, and if this is your first, what you are describing is not uncommon. Try to relax...although I know it's easier said than done, especially in regards to your baby!

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived