Patricia_and_andy

Baby Corner

3,061 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
I wasn't sick in the beginning and I wasn't in the end. I guess I had the perfect pregnancy with no problems at all and one big belly to show...Well, it got me at birth but that doesn't count :whistle:

Yeah I only vomited that one time...I am glad I didn't listen to the pregnancy horror stories. And neither should anyone else. To echo others, every pregnancy is different. I would say I also had the perfect pregnancy. I was walking around with no pain...just felt a bit naseaus in the beginning but nothing that made me run to the bathroom. I didn't have braxton hicks either. Go with what your body tells you and not what others tell you.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Lucky you, people! No nausea at all.

With my luck (I spent 2 months in bed during my first trimester) I will be throwing up every day again soon. :crying:

Drew (St. Louis, MO) + Lyuba (Moscow, Russia)

December 1, 2003 - met and fell in love in Moscow, Russia

K-1

June 24, 2004 - NOA1

September 14, 2004 - NOA2

December 2, 2004 - Interview

December 24, 2004 - Arrival to the USA

January 14, 2005 - Wedding

AOS

January 25, 2005 - applied for AOS, EAD and AP in person

June 29, 2005 - AOS interview

August 8, 2005 - Green card arrived

Lifting of conditions

April 17, 2007 - NOA1 (extension letter)

April 2, 2008 - case transferred to CSC

May 8, 2008 - 10 year Green card arrived

Naturalization

July 24, 2008 - NOA1

November 19, 2008 - Interview

January 9, 2009 - Oath

January 17, 2009 - applied for US passport

January 26, 2009 - US passport arrived

DONE WITH IMMIGRATION

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
Lucky you, people! No nausea at all.

With my luck (I spent 2 months in bed during my first trimester) I will be throwing up every day again soon. :crying:

Don't think like that. You will be fine. Take it one day at a time and don't look too far ahead.

Oh, the morning sickness stories!!! I still like commiserating, makes me feel less alone :)

Thanks everyone for the advice people gave me a few days ago. I bought the Sea Bands, really made sure I had food in me at all times and have been eating ginger Altoids. Dunno what exactly it was that helped, but I had felt a bit better the past couple days ... until today. My poor innocent hubby still doesn't truly get the whole, "My pregnant wife REALLY can't stand strong smells" thing ... because before he went to work this morning, he made himself a canned salmon sandwich and left the can on the kitchen counter for me to find when I got up for breakfast!!! I also have a slight cold and have been coughing a lot, which unfortunately has been triggering my gag reflex too. It definitely made for an interesting day at work. I have never left the room so many times during a therapy session ... my poor clients :( LOL

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Though I'd share one of our ultrasound pics from Tuesday with everyone:

babyeee.jpg

I-130 Filed - Sept. 15, 2006

129-F Filed - Oct. 27, 2006

I-130/129F Approved - Jan. 10, 2007

K3/K4 Visas Approved - May 4, 2007

~~~~Hubby and Son PoE Newark - May 27, 2007~~~~

EAD filed for Hubby - June 6, 2007

EAD NOA for Hubby - June 13, 2007

AoS filed for Hubby and Son - June 15, 2007

EAD for Hubby APPROVED! WOW!!!!!! - July 19, 2007

AoS Interview for Hubby and Son in Philadelphia - Friday, September 14, 2007 - APPROVED!

10 Year Green Cards Received!!!! - October 12, 2007

Done until naturalization!

m_7dc3c15c2e1d0eafb3d8770777862202.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
Hi Tracey,

I wasn't going to let you in on this one until your first trimester sickness eased up! I'm so sorry to hear you are still feeling ill. have you spoken with your OB? It is completely normal, unfortunately, but it helped me a lot to get the reassurance from the doc. My first incling about third trimester sickness was when my first rrimester sickness let up. I was talking to a coworker and she asked how I was feeling it was at about 16 weeks and I said great! I think the worst is over! She smiled and said, you hope! I walked away thinking what is that supposed to mean. Well, at about 27 weeks it started again. I have to say honestly it wasn't as bad as the first but I was so depressed to find out that it was common and I was just going to have to ride it out. I'm at 34 weeks now and have had two good days in a row! I have really learned to take pleasure in these very simple things! Hang in there and PLEASE feel free to call or write if you have any questions or concerns, I love to be supportive in any way I can!

Heather

I honestly don't even know how I'm going to survive THIS sickness, so the last thing I want to imagine is this feeling coming back at the end of my pregnancy. It's comforting to know I'm not alone, although it feels that way every day at work. Every day is torture and a fight for survival. I feel a bit heartbroken because I've looked forward to experiencing pregnancy for as long as I can remember, and the joy I expected to feel is being buried by my constant feeling of needing to vomit. This was supposed to be a HAPPY time!!!

I'm ready to be the fat, happy pregnant lady I always dreamed about :yes:

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hi everyone! My hubby and I went thru the K1 visa odyssey back in 2003-2004 and the last 3 years have been filled of plenty of ups and downs. We are expecting our first baby (It's a girl!) this coming January and I was just curious to know how having a child has changed your relationship and outlook in being a new resident here. For me, it has been particularly difficult without my usual family, friends, healthcare, career and social life. However, it's not all been a sob-story. I have met great people and had a couple of decent jobs. We are very excited about our lil cherub but I always thought I'd be a little more settled when i have a kid and at 32 I still am not as settled. I wish I was more sure of myself like I used to be in my home country before becoming a mummy. But I have this feeling inside me that when we have this kid, my focus and attitude may change for the better.

Anyways, I would love to hear your experiences and the effects it had on the relationship after your baby arrived or from anyone else who's going through a pregnancy now.....

Our K1 Fiance/e Visa Journey

July 16 2003: NOA 1 NSC

Dec 12 2003: NOA 2 NSC

Jan 02 2004: NVC's receipt of petition

Jan 09 2004: Packet # 3 from Singapore American Embassy

Feb 05 2004: Embassy receives completed checklist

Feb 09 2004: Notice of Interview Appointment for Feb 27 04

Feb 27 2004: Interview a success. Visa Pending Australian

Fingerprint check

Mar 15 2004: K1 Visa Issued in Passport

Mar 16 2004: Arrived in Seattle!! :-)

Apr 03 2004: Wedding

May 17 2004: Mailed in AOS and EAD to Seattle Dist Office

May 25 2004: Received receipt for AOS and EAD

July 26 2004: Notice for EAD appointment arrives

Aug 09 2004: Processed and received EAD at Seattle Dist Off

Aug 10 2004: Received letter of appointment for AOS Interview

Sept 08 2004: AOS interview & Green Card Approved

Jun 14 2006: Submitted I751 for removal of conditions

July 31 2007: Received 10 year Green card AT LAST! (Of course, not before going thru tons of heartache and contacting USCIS for it as they had sent it to the wrong address despite acknowledging a change of addy form from me sigh!)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi girls,

I'm planning 3 months ahead and the doctor recommended to take prenatal vitamins and a fish oil supplement since I do not eat fish, and that I should start now to get my body all healthy and in shape (aka healthy eating habits and reach BMI 20, battle eating ahead ;) ).

I am so stunned by the 5 zillion prenatals out there; the only things I've learned is that A the vitamin A must be betacarotene and B not more than 1000mg folic acid should be in there....

I found NOW products that seem to be good, what do you think, I'm so new to all this ;)

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c...id=325&at=0 and http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c...id=759&at=0

Which prenatals are you taking? Is anyone taking a fish oil (omega 3,6,9) supplement?

Edited by Anna C.

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I am not take fish oil but something called DHA but it doesn't have any fish oil..... I was under the impression that you should stay away from fish oil when pregnant...

as for prenatal vitamins, the doctor should prescribe some for you as I don't think they are available over the counter...

this time around I am taking Citracal..... but the last time I was taking Natelle....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

There are tons of prenatals OTC, and so many preggy forums say they are better... And my doc said to buy something in any drugstore. I was told to take the fish oil stuff since I don't eat it, but those supplements are stringently examined and approved by the FDA...

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

I honestly don't even know how I'm going to survive THIS sickness, so the last thing I want to imagine is this feeling coming back at the end of my pregnancy. It's comforting to know I'm not alone, although it feels that way every day at work. Every day is torture and a fight for survival. I feel a bit heartbroken because I've looked forward to experiencing pregnancy for as long as I can remember, and the joy I expected to feel is being buried by my constant feeling of needing to vomit. This was supposed to be a HAPPY time!!!

I'm ready to be the fat, happy pregnant lady I always dreamed about :yes:

You'll get there :) I was horribly sick my first trimester. My OB put me on phenergan to help keep a lid on things. I still have a bit of nausea at night, but thats really more due to not eating every 2 hours in my sleep! :lol: The first couple of months I wondered if I would _ever_ stop being sick and be the quintessential fat n happy mom-to-be. Im there, and its lovely. Hopefully it wont be long for you either. (F)

Hi girls,

Which prenatals are you taking? Is anyone taking a fish oil (omega 3,6,9) supplement?

I take Duet DHA. It was hard to keep down those first couple of months, but my OB said not to worry about it too much early in the pregnancy. They seem to be a well-rounded set of vitamins, but they produce some nasty burps. Also, I have to take mine with food or I get sick. Not sure if this is common for all women. Oh, and they have a ton of B vitamins, which is useful for making you very unappetizing to mosquitos. I didnt get bit once this summer, and Im usually a mosquto grand buffet.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I take OTC prenatals, just the generic Walmart or Target version. It's like $5 for 100. They are all almost identical in what's in them, at the store take a look and you'll see that it's usually true and the only difference is the name brand on the bottle and the price. I showed my midwife what I take and she said it's perfectly fine. I started taking them a couple months before we started trying for a baby.

I was given samples of duet DHA and I actually got stomach aches from that one, and not the generic prenatals. I think they have something in them to prevent constipation but that wasn't good for me.

Edited by stina&suj

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Ohhhh Annaaaa, I'm getting excited for you already, haha.

I took regular prenatals from Walmart and then I got the ones from the doc. Prenatals are not really necessary as long as you eat healthy.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
Though I'd share one of our ultrasound pics from Tuesday with everyone:

babyeee.jpg

Cute, you can see the hand so clearly. :)

Edited by stina&suj

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord