Patricia_and_andy

Baby Corner

3,061 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

i am just a little leary eating deli meats because the doctor told that the probable cause of my premature labour last time was because my placenta was infected... I think it is called listeria....

so what exactly would be considered deli meat?? like if I got a hunk of ham and cut it up myself , would that be deli meat....?? :unsure:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you bought the ham from a regular store and cooked it (in baked casserole, hawaiian pizza, ...) I guess it should be ok??? :huh:

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I buy ham from the grocery store and eat it. Everything seems to be fine.

I don't know, maybe I shouldn't?

Drew (St. Louis, MO) + Lyuba (Moscow, Russia)

December 1, 2003 - met and fell in love in Moscow, Russia

K-1

June 24, 2004 - NOA1

September 14, 2004 - NOA2

December 2, 2004 - Interview

December 24, 2004 - Arrival to the USA

January 14, 2005 - Wedding

AOS

January 25, 2005 - applied for AOS, EAD and AP in person

June 29, 2005 - AOS interview

August 8, 2005 - Green card arrived

Lifting of conditions

April 17, 2007 - NOA1 (extension letter)

April 2, 2008 - case transferred to CSC

May 8, 2008 - 10 year Green card arrived

Naturalization

July 24, 2008 - NOA1

November 19, 2008 - Interview

January 9, 2009 - Oath

January 17, 2009 - applied for US passport

January 26, 2009 - US passport arrived

DONE WITH IMMIGRATION

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

We always buy the regular Oscar Meyer Deli Meat and I always put it in a skillet before eating it, even when it was only one slice.

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancy...s/listeria.html

Edited by Eveline

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My husband and I are expecting our first child in March 17, 2008. We are so excited about it. I am 17 weeks and 4 days along. Please pray for all the expecting mothers, that they will have happy, healthy babies.

11-22-04-- mailed I-129f

12-06-04 NOA 1

2-16-05 NOA 2 online Approval

2- 19-05-NOA 2 Approval receipt in mail

3-08-05 NVC assigned case number

3-10-05 Letter from NVC saying they completed processing on our case and will be forwarding our file to US Consulate in Chennai.

3-11-05 NVC forward our case to Chennai, INDIA

3-29-05 Received an email from Consulate in Chennai. Interview date May 12, 2005.

4-6-05 Fiance received the appointment letter

MAY 12,2005--INTERVIEW----- VISA APPROVED

6-2-05 WELCOME HOME Prem!

7-30-05 WEDDING DAY!!!!

8-5-05 AOS/EAD/ papers sent in

8-10-05 NOA's for AOS, EAD

12-02-05 EAD approved

12-05-05 EAD received (dated Oct.14)

Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS... ENJOY IT. My Baby Boy was born March 1st this year....I was about as far along last year as you are now.

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I had a doc appointment yesterday and the doctor gave me a copy of my last ultrasound report....

it said something like this "

The gestational sac sits somewhat low, almost adjacent to the lower uterine segment. with the past history of premature delivery, follow-up ultrasound at approx 18-20 weeks is suggested"...
:wacko:

I remember with my last pregnancy my doctor told me my placenta was low... I had no idea what that meant

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey everyone (F)

Am I the only one going thru third trimester sickness? :wacko::blink: I thought this was over!

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Congrats Tamilselvi! :)

I had a doc appointment yesterday and the doctor gave me a copy of my last ultrasound report....

The gestational sac sits somewhat low, almost adjacent to the lower uterine segment. with the past history of premature delivery, follow-up ultrasound at approx 18-20 weeks is suggested"...

I remember with my last pregnancy my doctor told me my placenta was low... I had no idea what that meant

I am not sure what that means either, maybe you can ask them more details. I thought they mostly did an ultrasound around 18-20 weeks anyway, for checking on the baby, no matter what the history is. So it's probably not a big deal. :) If you are worried, you should ask them!

I had an u/s at 8 weeks to date the pregnancy(turned out to be 9 weeks), then again at about 12 weeks b/c we couldn't hear the heartbeat on the doppler, things were fine thankfully, and then I had an ultrasound a few weeks ago to check the baby's development and that was also when we found out the gender.

I had an appt today and have to have another ultrasound soon because they couldn't get pics of the baby's kidneys last time. Everything was good at the appt today, the blood work I had done came back good too.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

i am just a little leary eating deli meats because the doctor told that the probable cause of my premature labour last time was because my placenta was infected... I think it is called listeria....

so what exactly would be considered deli meat?? like if I got a hunk of ham and cut it up myself , would that be deli meat....?? :unsure:

From what I understand the big fuss over deli meat is the stuff that you dont know how long its been sitting out. Most docs advise you to cook the stuff before eating to avoid a problem altogether. This is rather annoying to me because I dont like hot deli meat and Ive been dying for a subway sandwich. Arrghhh. I suppose if you took some lunchmeat straight from the fridge and snarfed it, you'd be okay, but Im not one to experiment during pregnancy.

Timeline

I have eaten some deli meat sandwiches, without heating up the meat. I hear so many mixed things about this. My friend while she was pregnant asked her Dr, and her Dr said yes there can be listeria caused by it but it's rare and you just have to make sure you aren't getting the meat from a uncertain source. My midwife has not told me to avoid lunch meats. I don't eat it all the time and I do think it's good to be careful, but I think it's still controversial because not all Dr's agree that it has to be totally avoided.

Listeria can actually be on many different things, including on fruits and veggies, but we never hear about that as much. I think the point my friend's Dr said was don't eat meat from a shady(weird) looking place or something that's been left out long, but otherwise they don't see the danger. Everyone has to feel comfortable with what they do though.

Also another person who had a baby recently was startled when the nurse gave her a deli sandwich to eat while she was in pre-labor. She said "I am allowed to eat this?" and the nurse chuckled and said of course.

Edited by stina&suj

I have eaten some deli meat sandwiches, without heating up the meat. I hear so many mixed things about this. My friend while she was pregnant asked her Dr, and her Dr said yes there can be listeria caused by it but it's rare and you just have to make sure you aren't getting the meat from a uncertain source. My midwife has not told me to avoid lunch meats. I don't eat it all the time and I do think it's good to be careful, but I think it's still controversial because not all Dr's agree that it has to be totally avoided.

Listeria can actually be on many different things, including on fruits and veggies, but we never hear about that as much. I think the point my friend's Dr said was don't eat meat from a shady looking place or something that's been left out long, but otherwise they don't see the danger. Everyone has to feel comfortable with what they do though.

Also another person who had a baby recently was startled when the nurse gave her a deli sandwich to eat while she was in pre-labor. She said "I am allowed to eat this?" and the nurse chuckled and said of course.

:thumbs: TY, you put it much better than I did, LOL! I think I need to rev up my brain with another donut or something :)

Timeline

Listeria can actually be on many different things, including on fruits and veggies, but we never hear about that as much. I think the point my friend's Dr said was don't eat meat from a shady looking place or something that's been left out long, but otherwise they don't see the danger. Everyone has to feel comfortable with what they do though.

:thumbs: TY, you put it much better than I did, LOL! I think I need to rev up my brain with another donut or something :)

LOl I just had a good dinner!

Timeline

Marylin: My fingers are crossed for you. This time it will be fine, I'm sure. Your doctor might put you on bedrest though (I don't know for sure but I don't think they would want to risk anything this time). Keep your chin up..all the best.

02/12/2009 - APPROVED