Patricia_and_andy

Baby Corner

3,061 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Hey guys :) Quick question from a newly pregnant chick .... please tell me some good strategies to deal with morning sickness. The first couple weeks of it, I was able to manage by eating frequently and usually munching on saltines or something during work. Since Thursday, I have been nauseous constantly (there has not been a moment when I didn't feel queasy). I've been reading the pregnancy books I bought and have gone online and tried a bunch of things, but nothing is working. I really need something to manage through the work day. I'm a psychotherapist and it is dang hard to try to do therapy when all I want to do is curl up in a ball!!! LOL

I've called my doc, but he was not there today :(

The pg site I use, recommend sea bands to help with nausea. I didn't really have much nausea during my trimester (only whilst brushing my teeth).

try this site...

http://www.sea-band.com/seaband.htm

Jo & Michael

K1

29th Jun 03 - Applied for I-129f

12th Jan 05 - Interview at Embassy

AOS

20th Apr 05 - Mailed AOS and paperwork to Chicago.

27th Oct 05 - Received Green Card in Mail (2 yr Conditional)

I-751

24th Jul 07 - Mailed I-751 to TSC

27th Jul 07 - I-751 Received at TSC (Transferred to CSC)

17th Aug 07 - Check Cleared

20th Aug 07 - NOA received (2 NOA's both with dif. receipt #'s for the same thing hmmm..)

30th Aug 07 - ACS Biometrics letters received

21st Sep 07 - Biometrics appointment at Charlotte

1st Nov 07 - Case status online reads "Card production ordered"

3rd Nov 07 - Greencard received in mail

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

I also think its worsened by hunger. just try to keep eating all day, even if its just a little at a time. Have a good snack before dinner and maybe even in the middle of the night

and I have heard several people say the sea bands work. I never tried it myself.....

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi, I thought I might join you if that is ok :thumbs:

A little bit about us:

I'm a Swiss/ Irish citizen and my husband is the USC, from Arkansas; we live in Dublin, Ireland. We met through a role-playing group called the Camarilla (think Dungeons &Dragons, but we play vampires and faeries and magicians), first as friends and then started a relationship. At the time, I didn't want to move to the USA so he came here and we got married on 4th July 2005 (Independance Day, so he'd always remember!). We wanted to start a family right away but it didn't happen for a while, but after much trying and three rounds of fertility treatment, I found out I was pregnant on Fathers Day this year, and later we found out we are having boy/ girl twins! They are due on 24th February 2008. Over the moon, but also a bit apprehensive of course as neither of us have family here, and it's our first. Fortunately, husband is the youngest of 6, so has much experience babysitting his nieces and nephews (I'm an only child). We plan on doing DCF sometime next year, when the twins are a few months old. Not sure where we'll move to in the USA- Arkansas is too hot for me- but considering Virginia and Colorado Springs primarily.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I had my daughter in my 8th month and she is perfectly fine...Also I think it's 35wks that airlines will allow u to travel until...if u have a normal pregnancy..

Thanks for your reply all. Anyone else with other opinions on 8th month pregnancy risk of flying? The reason I ask is because I heard that baby is in danger if born in the 8th month and the chance of survival is much less then if the baby was born in the 9th month or even 7th month...

I think the 8th month thing is more of a wife tale than anything else(just my opinion, if it is actually true someone will definitely correct me)...I actually have a few friends who had babies who were a month early and they were all perfectly fine, didn't even need to be in the NICU and went home just like the full term babies did.

About flying...what Eveline told you is correct, general rule is usually 36 weeks although you need to check with the specific airline you guys intend to use to fly her to the States, I was told some of them might allow up to 38, but not sure for overseas trips it might be just for domestic. At least that's what they told me when I was pregnant. I do believe Eveline meant low risk pregnancies only, a high risk pregnancy is by definition not the ideal condition to travel...let alone fly overseas. Personally and honestly I wouldn't feel comfortable flying all those hours by myself being 8 month pregnant..but that's just me, of course you guys are the only ones who can make the decision by weighing risks and benefits.

Good luck.

To all the new/old moms and moms to be: congrats! :dance:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Nothing helped me for morning sickness. Zofran does help a little bit but it makes you feel so strange that I only took it a few times if I had to go out.

I think only time really helps here. Hang in there! Even my awful unbelievable morning sickness was gone by 16 week. You will feel like a person again soon.

Drew (St. Louis, MO) + Lyuba (Moscow, Russia)

December 1, 2003 - met and fell in love in Moscow, Russia

K-1

June 24, 2004 - NOA1

September 14, 2004 - NOA2

December 2, 2004 - Interview

December 24, 2004 - Arrival to the USA

January 14, 2005 - Wedding

AOS

January 25, 2005 - applied for AOS, EAD and AP in person

June 29, 2005 - AOS interview

August 8, 2005 - Green card arrived

Lifting of conditions

April 17, 2007 - NOA1 (extension letter)

April 2, 2008 - case transferred to CSC

May 8, 2008 - 10 year Green card arrived

Naturalization

July 24, 2008 - NOA1

November 19, 2008 - Interview

January 9, 2009 - Oath

January 17, 2009 - applied for US passport

January 26, 2009 - US passport arrived

DONE WITH IMMIGRATION

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

It seems like everytime I talk to someone about my "morning/noon/night" sickness, I get to hear the worst stories imagineable. It really doesn't help to hear about women who were viciously ill until their 9th month! :o<_<:wacko::no::bonk:

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

well for what its worth I was never ever sick at all until about this last two weeks. Mine is 100% tied to hunger, I am hungry ALL THE TIME and if I dont eat in a timely manner I am totally nauseaus and sweaty and clammy and generally feel panicky and horrible. I feel like I need to bring an entire cooler with like 3 lunches plus some snacks to work with me. Thank goodness I am at the tail end of this whole thing :)

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

is it really true that you can't eat deli meats?? I have kind of been craving a sandwich , I think partly because of the fact that I supposedly can't eat them... :blink::wacko:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

*tears out hair* Okay...so by my LMP I'm due April 6th. My first ultrasound said April 2nd. My OB/GYN nurse said April 8th, my doctor, while doing my cervical exam said if he had to guess, he thought I was over 14 weeks last week and ordered and ultrasound which I had to day. According to the ultrasound I'm due March 28th. I'm starting to feel nuts :P I thought for sure I knew the day of conception, now I'm not so sure! How accurate have your ultrasounds been after 14 weeks?

I-130 Filed - Sept. 15, 2006

129-F Filed - Oct. 27, 2006

I-130/129F Approved - Jan. 10, 2007

K3/K4 Visas Approved - May 4, 2007

~~~~Hubby and Son PoE Newark - May 27, 2007~~~~

EAD filed for Hubby - June 6, 2007

EAD NOA for Hubby - June 13, 2007

AoS filed for Hubby and Son - June 15, 2007

EAD for Hubby APPROVED! WOW!!!!!! - July 19, 2007

AoS Interview for Hubby and Son in Philadelphia - Friday, September 14, 2007 - APPROVED!

10 Year Green Cards Received!!!! - October 12, 2007

Done until naturalization!

m_7dc3c15c2e1d0eafb3d8770777862202.gif

It seems like everytime I talk to someone about my "morning/noon/night" sickness, I get to hear the worst stories imagineable. It really doesn't help to hear about women who were viciously ill until their 9th month! :o<_<:wacko::no::bonk:

Awwww .... for me, it is the opposite. All I seem to run into are people who never had morning sickness and were the "healthiest they had ever been" during pregnancy. THAT makes me feels like a freak, so I like hearing about others having similar problems.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

is it really true that you can't eat deli meats?? I have kind of been craving a sandwich , I think partly because of the fact that I supposedly can't eat them... :blink::wacko:

I know how you're feeling .... I used to make this appetizer with salami, pepperocini, and cream cheese and I REALLY want it, probably even more since I know I can't have it.

A book I'm reading says it is okay to eat deli meat as long as it is thoroughly heated to kill any listeriosis. Of course, there are still the nitrates, so it does suggest abstaining if you can.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Awwww .... for me, it is the opposite. All I seem to run into are people who never had morning sickness and were the "healthiest they had ever been" during pregnancy. THAT makes me feels like a freak, so I like hearing about others having similar problems.

Almost everything I read states that typically, the nausea tends to wane off in the 2nd trimester. All my hope is in this, because I just started my 2nd trimester. I'm praying that one day -- VERY SOON -- I'm going to wake up feeling great.

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Nausea should wear off by week 16 or so. I was blessed with no nausea at all, luckily. For some women it comes back in the last couple of weeks for whatever reason. I guess it's the hormones.

@Marilyn: You can have sandwiches just make sure you cook the meat in the microwave or a skillet and it has to get scorching hot. I had hot dogs all the time and as long as the meat hadn't been lying in the sun all day, you should be fine.

Edited by Eveline

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019