• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

:lol: Muhahaha

ok Laura...I'll tell! :)

His little name is Kavi. :) (pronounced kuh-vee)

It's a Hindi/Sanskrit name, means "poet". We liked the way it sounds and it should be easy to write and say here in the US. Although so are so many American kids these days with difficult names that it doesn't seem to matter anymore. There are spellings of names like Ashley becoming more often like Ashleigh and etc. So who cares if it's a little hard! :lol: j/k

If it was a girl she was going to be Kavya. Same name but girl version. ;)

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I knew I was pregnant when I started craving steak with French fries and garlic toast. I don't ever eat any of this stuff. :blink:

Right now anything sweet sounds really good!

I had a strong aversion for smells. I couldn't use perfume or nail polish or dish soap. But I loved the smell of aloe vera hand soap. I went to the bathroom only to smell it. :blush:

My hubby developed a strong aversion for my perfume lately. Maybe he is pregnant too. :devil:

Drew (St. Louis, MO) + Lyuba (Moscow, Russia)

December 1, 2003 - met and fell in love in Moscow, Russia

K-1

June 24, 2004 - NOA1

September 14, 2004 - NOA2

December 2, 2004 - Interview

December 24, 2004 - Arrival to the USA

January 14, 2005 - Wedding

AOS

January 25, 2005 - applied for AOS, EAD and AP in person

June 29, 2005 - AOS interview

August 8, 2005 - Green card arrived

Lifting of conditions

April 17, 2007 - NOA1 (extension letter)

April 2, 2008 - case transferred to CSC

May 8, 2008 - 10 year Green card arrived

Naturalization

July 24, 2008 - NOA1

November 19, 2008 - Interview

January 9, 2009 - Oath

January 17, 2009 - applied for US passport

January 26, 2009 - US passport arrived

DONE WITH IMMIGRATION

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

for names we are thinking Noura or Nourah which is a westernized version of Noor. Not set in stone yet though, we are trying to let Adnan's mom kinda pick the name and I have a couple of favorites I am still hoping maybe she will come up with. But I could definitely live with Noura, I can totally picture a little dark curly haired toddler Noura running around :P

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Filed: Timeline

We are keeping it a secret...sorry :whistle: I am afraid someone will see and the surprise would be a bust. Do you think I can hold out 4 more months?

I am seriously considering cloth diapers...anyone else? I have been doing some research and it looks like I could handle it and it would save us a ton of money. What do you think? I am thinking about using prefolds with covers and then having some all-in-ons for people that can't handle prefolds. I will still use disposables on trips and stuff. Am I nuts?

Lifting Conditions- Nebraska Service Center

3-22-2007: Sent out I-751

3-24-2007: Received at NSC

3-27-2007: Official USCIS received date

3-30-2007: Both checks cashed and case number received

4-05-2007: NOA1 received in mail with correct case number

4-05-2007: NOA1 case number works online

4-06-2007: Received Biometrics appointment notice

4-17-2007: Biometrics Appointment and TOUCHED :)

5-02-2007: Greencard expires

Dec 2007: Received extention until Dec 2008

5-09-2008: Card production ordered!! FINALLY!!!

Naturalization!!!!

Finally getting around to N-400... Filed under 5 years of PR status

5-11-2010: Sent out N-400 - Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

5-13-2010: Received at Lockbox

5-25-2010: Checks Cashed :)

5-28-2010: NOA received but case number doesn't work

6-04-2010: Case number works online and says RFE sent 6-2-10

6-07-2010: Received letter for biometrics

6-22-2010: Biometrics appointment

7-24-2010: Received interview letter

8-26-2010: Interview-PASSED!!

9-30-2010: Oath Ceremony Indianapolis

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
We are keeping it a secret...sorry :whistle: I am afraid someone will see and the surprise would be a bust. Do you think I can hold out 4 more months?

I am seriously considering cloth diapers...anyone else? I have been doing some research and it looks like I could handle it and it would save us a ton of money. What do you think? I am thinking about using prefolds with covers and then having some all-in-ons for people that can't handle prefolds. I will still use disposables on trips and stuff. Am I nuts?

yes, you are ...:lol:

my mom used cloth on my 3 younger sibs and they sure can stink up the house inbetween washings....

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

as for names... we don't really have set names yet....

although I still would like to use the girl's name we had picked out last time... Kaitlin (Mary or Marie)

as for a boy, I like the name Jonah.... I want to use William again for a middle name but hubby said no although I remember him mentioning once that we could use Noah as a middle name :blink:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Our little boy will be called Mason Alexander. It goes really nicely with our last name Davis.

Mason Davis sounds kind of sofisticated. I love that! :blush:

Drew (St. Louis, MO) + Lyuba (Moscow, Russia)

December 1, 2003 - met and fell in love in Moscow, Russia

K-1

June 24, 2004 - NOA1

September 14, 2004 - NOA2

December 2, 2004 - Interview

December 24, 2004 - Arrival to the USA

January 14, 2005 - Wedding

AOS

January 25, 2005 - applied for AOS, EAD and AP in person

June 29, 2005 - AOS interview

August 8, 2005 - Green card arrived

Lifting of conditions

April 17, 2007 - NOA1 (extension letter)

April 2, 2008 - case transferred to CSC

May 8, 2008 - 10 year Green card arrived

Naturalization

July 24, 2008 - NOA1

November 19, 2008 - Interview

January 9, 2009 - Oath

January 17, 2009 - applied for US passport

January 26, 2009 - US passport arrived

DONE WITH IMMIGRATION

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

We had settled on a name before the birth but once it was time to fill out the paperwork we were going back and forth. We didn't want to regret it...and we don't! We both have a huuuuggeee family so we wanted a unique name and we certainly got one.

Oh and Stina...Kavi is a great name!

Edited by Nizzy

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Those are some really nice names, guys :thumbs:

My food tastes still change almost everyday. But I love my oranges. And anything that smells like oranges. If I could just strap an orange peel over my face, I'd be happy.

One more thing...does the nausea EVER end??? Just wondering. Feels like I'm going to be sick forever :wacko:

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
Those are some really nice names, guys :thumbs:

My food tastes still change almost everyday. But I love my oranges. And anything that smells like oranges. If I could just strap an orange peel over my face, I'd be happy.

One more thing...does the nausea EVER end??? Just wondering. Feels like I'm going to be sick forever :wacko:

I was the same way with oranges! I had a certain type too...navel oranges...it had to be sour yet sweet.

Everyone is different when it comes to the nausea. I went through my bout very quickly but some are known to have it for months.