Patricia_and_andy

Baby Corner

3,061 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Thanks for the encouragement (L) It's nice to have a little support system here. My husband has been wonderful, but he can't possibly understand how I feel. Plus, I hate complaining to him all the time.

Every day is one day closer, right?

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

BUMP

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

I wonder if Anxious had her baby yet?

I'm down to 6 weeks to go and although this pregnancy has been relatively easy for me I have officially reached the point where I am ready to be done with it! I went a couple of days ago to drop off my cable bill at the after hours drive thru box and I couldnt bend and reach over my belly enough to open the little door thing on the drop box. I had to actually get out of the car to do it. My 11 year old son was laughing until he cried and I told him that earned him diaper duty for a year :P

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

My mom would bug me about driving while in my last trimester. She would say "you are going to get stuck behind the wheel." It was so funny but it never happened (Thank God). I would also underestimate how big I was because I would bump into things with my belly.

Timeline
My mom would bug me about driving while in my last trimester. She would say "you are going to get stuck behind the wheel." It was so funny but it never happened (Thank God). I would also underestimate how big I was because I would bump into things with my belly.

LOL exactly.

its not like its EASY to just pop in and out behind the wheel, sometimes it does take a little maneuvering...

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

LOL exactly.

its not like its EASY to just pop in and out behind the wheel, sometimes it does take a little maneuvering...

lol...yes you have to learn a lot of techniques during pregnancy. For instance, how to sleep comfortably and switch sides in bed without making hubby think there is an earthquake.

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

I was wondering about anxious too. She didn' t post here in a while.

My husband wouldn't let me go alone in the car anywhere once I hit 40 weeks. I had a 41 week checkup and he took the day off (I guess that is easier to do when you are in the military). I'm glad he did cause they sent me right up to L&D for an induction.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Hi guys, I don't know if I belong here - I've been wanting kids for years (I'm 33 now) and was really happy when my fiance said he wasn't against the concept. But now that my interview approaches he is beginning to talk differently. He says doing a Ph.D. is really important for him and obviously my plans for kids have to be put on hold. I'm scared to delay. I know people have children after 35 but there are so many more risks and dangers. And who guarantees that he'll not change his mind again, after I have waited another 2-3 years.

Sorry for whining; I'm just very frustrated. Some words of encouragement would be very welcome.

Aug 2003 first icebreaker ;-)

2003 - 2006 letters, letters, letters

Aug 2006 met at regatta in Greece

03/20/2007 I-129f mailed to TSC

08/06/2007 NOA-2, 118 days from the 1st notice.

10/24/2007 Interview in Moscow, visa approved

12/06/2007 Entered at JFK, got EAD stamp.

01/25/2008 Married in St. Augustine, FL

02/19/2008 AOS package mailed

09/30/2008 AOS interview - APPROVED!

10/11/2008 Green card in the mail

01/14/2009 Our little girl, Fiona Elizabeth, was born on Jan. 14, 2009 :-)

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Blue Fairy....

I got pregnant with my daughter at 39 and had her at 40.......

you read nothing but scary stuff......but everything went fine for us and she's healthy and happy.

We did opt to have an amnio just to be sure everything was okay.

The biggest challenge is how people treat you over 35 in my opinion....like a freak of nature!

Women are having children in their 30's more and more, I think waiting a couple of years will be okay....then again, can't your husband do his PHD and have a baby?

Hope you guys can come to a compromise. It usually takes a while to get pregnant and, of course, 9 months of pregnancy, maybe you guys can start trying to conceive about a year out from his finishing his degree?

"We are the real countries,

Not the boundaries drawn on maps,

With the names of powerful men.

That's all I've wanted -

To walk in such a place with you,

On an earth without maps."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kev (Canada/BC) & Kiki (USA/Oregon)

flag_usa_canada.gif

Married Nov. 27th, 2004

Done with USCIS until 2017!!

collage4.jpg

olivia12mo2.jpg

Timeline

I am 38 now, I will be 39 about a month after I have this baby. I dont think age is as much of an issue these days if you get proper prenatal care and testing.

I think its a bigger concern to work these baby issues out NOW in your relationship. I work with a woman now who got married in her early 30s to a man who clearly said he did not want kids. I guess she optimistically thought/hoped he would change his mind. but he didnt. Now she is in her late 40s and I have watched her over the last 3 years try to pretend to be happy for all of us having babies (there have been 10 babies in this office in the last 2 years) but I know it breaks her heart because she really will never have one of her own. Its very sad for all of us to see. I would STRONGLY suggest you get to the bottom of it in your relationship and make sure you can live with whatever the decision is......

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I agree with Sarah.

You need to sort it out before the marriage. Marriage doesn't solve existing problems, it makes them deeper.

It is one thing if he is just afraid to have kids for whatever reason and the other one is if he doesn't want them at all.

My hubby was a little bit afraid in the beginning but it all worked out just fine. :whistle:

Drew (St. Louis, MO) + Lyuba (Moscow, Russia)

December 1, 2003 - met and fell in love in Moscow, Russia

K-1

June 24, 2004 - NOA1

September 14, 2004 - NOA2

December 2, 2004 - Interview

December 24, 2004 - Arrival to the USA

January 14, 2005 - Wedding

AOS

January 25, 2005 - applied for AOS, EAD and AP in person

June 29, 2005 - AOS interview

August 8, 2005 - Green card arrived

Lifting of conditions

April 17, 2007 - NOA1 (extension letter)

April 2, 2008 - case transferred to CSC

May 8, 2008 - 10 year Green card arrived

Naturalization

July 24, 2008 - NOA1

November 19, 2008 - Interview

January 9, 2009 - Oath

January 17, 2009 - applied for US passport

January 26, 2009 - US passport arrived

DONE WITH IMMIGRATION

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't think she said he was afraid to have kids.. he just wanted to get his PHD out of the way first.... maybe he wants to be more financially stable before bringing kids into the picture...

my mom had 3 kids after the age of 35 and the last one she was around 40 years old.... she had no complications or anything.... and the babies were all healthy... :thumbs:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

But I do understand Blues fairy.

There are more risks when you are having a baby later in life. And getting pregnant may be a problem too.

I am also from Russia and we usually don't wait that long to have kids. It is a cultural thing.

Besides, maybe he is using this degree as an excuse. Why do you need to wait to have babies until you have it? It isn't that he is going to college full time and he is 20 years old.

Many people get degrees and have babies at the same time, besides he isn't the one who will be pregnant after all.

Drew (St. Louis, MO) + Lyuba (Moscow, Russia)

December 1, 2003 - met and fell in love in Moscow, Russia

K-1

June 24, 2004 - NOA1

September 14, 2004 - NOA2

December 2, 2004 - Interview

December 24, 2004 - Arrival to the USA

January 14, 2005 - Wedding

AOS

January 25, 2005 - applied for AOS, EAD and AP in person

June 29, 2005 - AOS interview

August 8, 2005 - Green card arrived

Lifting of conditions

April 17, 2007 - NOA1 (extension letter)

April 2, 2008 - case transferred to CSC

May 8, 2008 - 10 year Green card arrived

Naturalization

July 24, 2008 - NOA1

November 19, 2008 - Interview

January 9, 2009 - Oath

January 17, 2009 - applied for US passport

January 26, 2009 - US passport arrived

DONE WITH IMMIGRATION