Patricia_and_andy

Baby Corner

3,061 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Savanphil/Tonya--Glad that your little Zakery and you are o.k. What a scary time you went through!

One of my twins(Haneul) was in the NICU for 12 days with a group B Strep infection and I had a hard time building up my milk supply since we got off to a poor start breastfeeding with her. Her sister had a good start, fortunately, but I still had to work to get my supply up for 2 after Haneul ended up getting a fair amount of formula.

Question: Did you get a prescription for a breast pump (like the Medela Pump In Style)? You should be able to get a free breast pump because you had a baby in the NICU. If you didn't, you may be able to get reimbursed retroactively.

Also, if you can, ask a lactation consultant about fenugreek or alfalfa pills. I've used both and found that alfalfa seems to work best for me. They are just herbal supplements, so most people say they are o.k. to use. You should ask because you had a preemie if they are safe though.

I know some people have had a lot of success with the prescription drug 'Reglan' for milk production too. I wish you the best. I know it is really hard to pump for your baby and not be able to fully supply him with milk. I hated the pump at first because I could never get as much as I wanted to. Right when I was super frustrated with the pump, at 6 week, Haneul decided to learn how to latch on. That was a fantastic day!

Eveline--Glad to hear that your baby was going through a growth spurt and now you have a bit of rest from the constant breastfeeding. Believe me, I know what it's like to constantly breastfeed all day long and it is so difficult! I do not fault you at all for trying some rice cereal with your breastmilk. It's nice that you can put off using it for now though.

It used to be--even 8-10 years ago--that doctors said that babies could start solids at 4 months, but I know that 6 months is what they say now. My doctor said, umprompted, that I could maybe start at 5 months. I think she feels sorry for me breastfeeding twins and also knows that I am going back to work then. I'm going to try and stick it out until 6 months if the girls are happy until then. I'm building a stockpile of breastmilk in the freezer now, so hopefully I will have lots saved up when I go back to work in September. I want to breastfeed them until they are at least a year old and would love to be able to skip formula, but I know that it will likely be hard to pump enough for 2 babies while working a full-time job.

I have pretty big babies for not yet 4 monthers--One is 16 lbs. and months and the other is at least 14 lbs. They've both more than doubled their birth weights. They like to eat A LOT, but we've gotten down to feedings every 2 hours or so during the day and that has been a major relief.

Kristi

Edited by KJandSH

Kristi and Seung-ho (U.S. / S. Korea)

.png

.png

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi all,

I'm just checking in....I will catch up on replies tomorrow night..I hope. I managed to get some pics of Zack in my siggy. How do I put them in the post? I can't figure how to add them. I keep getting an error message everytime I try :(

*sigh* I had to add these to my Vj photo gallery in order to use them, I will keep trying.

12/03/2005: Married

10/13/2006: Interview Approved

10/26/2006: POE: EWR (ARRIVED) [/size]

182 days from filing to Visa in Hand!!![/color]

AOS/EAD

01/22/2007: Sent to The Lockbox.....let the games begin.....again

02/02/2007: NOA1's for both....the waiting game officially begins

02/15/2007: Biometrics appt.

04/11/2007: EAD APPROVED!! YI-HAW

04/21/2007: Received SSN#

05/23/2007: AOS Interview -------> APPROOOOOOVED!!!!!!

05/29/2007: Received Welcome letter

06/04/2007: Green Card in Hand!!!

122 Days from filing AOS to Green Card in Hand!!!

REMOVING CONDITIONS

05/21/2009: Filed to Remove Conditions

6/18/2009: Biometrics Done

09/14/2009: Approved!!!

Citizenship

2/15/2011: Filed N-400

3/28/2011: Biometrics <-- Done

5/09/2011: Naturalization Interview <--- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5/09/2011: Swearing in Ceremony (We're Done)

MY HUSBAND IS NOW A US CITIZEN

Proudmomwife.gifI_love_my_baby_boy.gif

3051_1113026182751_1139795553_30500807_687968_s.jpgZackie.jpgthumb_3051_1113025702739_1139795553_30500806_7039703_s.jpg

He is an angel Savanphil! Bless him and you.

K1

September 15 - 2005: NOA1

October: Waiting

November: Waiting

December: In Security checks

January 2006: Waiting

February: Waiting..Contacted Congress

March 4th: APPROVED

March 17th: NVC posted file to London

March 20th: London Receives file

March 29th: Receive package 3

April 13th: London Receives package

April 19th: Medical - June 13th: INTERVIEW......APPROVED!!!!

June 20th: ARRIVE IN USA

Time taken for whole process 9 Months

~~~~~ * ~~~~~

AOS

October: 13th: Sent off AOS Package

November 3rd: NOA1

November 14th: Snail mail ~ NOA1 ~ Case moved to the CSC for faster processing.

November 14th : CSC has petition for me and my daughter.

December 14th: Biometrics completed.

January 17th: APPROVED AOS!

January 22nd: Green card arrives in the mail:))

Time taken for AOS - 3.5 Months

Finished for 2 years.

dev015pb___.png

Hi Ladies,

I am just dropping in, boy do I have Lots of catching up to do. Well anyways, I'm pressed for time so I'll make this quick.

I had a bad asthma attack in my 33 week, and I had to be hospitalized things went from bad to worse really fast...in order to stabalize me and save us both they had to emergency c-section me. Zackery Michael was born on June 23,2007 at 6:08am weighing 1.86kg. We spent his first few weeks seperated :cry: he was in neonatal intensive care, because he's a preemie and had problems holding his body temp. because of low birthweight. I was in adult intensive care. Everylthing that could have gone wrong did :( ...but Thank God it all turned fine.

Anywho all is well now, we are buth home recovering.....I will post pics later as soon as I can pry the camera hubby's hands.

~Tonya (F)

Congratulations!!! You did have a rough time but like you said I'm glad everything has turned out good.

Get plenty of Rest!!

Angela

K1

I-129F Sent : 19th October 2005

Interview Date 10th October 2006 10am

Interview Approved 7th November 2006

Visa delivered 9th November 2006

Finally where I belong S.C with my man 19th November 2006 WOOO HOOO!!!

Got Married 14th January 2007

AOS

Sent AOS docs 31st January 2007

USPS confirm delivered to USCIS 06th February 2007

I-797C Notice of Action dtd 9th Feb recvd 12th February 2007 (both my son and myself)

Biometrics Appointment 1st March 2007

Transfered to CSC 11th April 2007

GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 9th July 2007 All done till 2009!!!!!

Mittens are sooo useful for newborns! They are great to put on the baby if the baby scratches its face, also good for winter!

Wish i could knit :)

K1

~~~~~ * ~~~~~

AOS

Finished for 2 years.

dev015pb___.png

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline
Eveline--Glad to hear that your baby was going through a growth spurt and now you have a bit of rest from the constant breastfeeding. Believe me, I know what it's like to constantly breastfeed all day long and it is so difficult! I do not fault you at all for trying some rice cereal with your breastmilk. It's nice that you can put off using it for now though.

It used to be--even 8-10 years ago--that doctors said that babies could start solids at 4 months, but I know that 6 months is what they say now. My doctor said, umprompted, that I could maybe start at 5 months. I think she feels sorry for me breastfeeding twins and also knows that I am going back to work then. I'm going to try and stick it out until 6 months if the girls are happy until then. I'm building a stockpile of breastmilk in the freezer now, so hopefully I will have lots saved up when I go back to work in September. I want to breastfeed them until they are at least a year old and would love to be able to skip formula, but I know that it will likely be hard to pump enough for 2 babies while working a full-time job.

Wow Kristi. Kudos to you for trying so hard to breastfeed your babies. Most moms would have probably given up, especially with twins.

Adam is happy again on just breastmilk. I didn't know if I could just stop with the cereal but apparently he doesn't mind at all.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
Cindy and Manzar due the first week of march 2008!! Im speechless. Inshallah cont good health to us all :thumbs:

Congrats!! :)

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi everyone - so exciting in here it almost makes me want to have another baby but 2 is plenty for us! Back to the food issue. Khalil is 6 1/2 months and eats cereal+1/2 jar of food for breakfast, lunch and dinner with a bottle. He started eating solids around 3 or 4 months as he has had a lot of problems with formula. He can only eat rice cereal - oatmeal makes him throw up. He is still spitting up a lot of formula and for awhile wasn't gaining any weight, that's why we started on the solids. I also thought if we gave him cereal he would sleep all night - oh no. He has slept all night MAYBE 3 or 4 times and it is sooooo hard for us. Both my husband and I are exhausted and him getting up at night is not helping! I wish I could figure out how to get him to sleep all night but no luck. He hasn't gotten any teeth yet either. So back to my question - anyone have tips on how to get them to sleep? I've tried letting him cry himself to sleep which worked amazing with my first - no luck. We have to swaddle him and rock/sing him to sleep because he refuses to go to sleep otherwise.

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Hi everyone - so exciting in here it almost makes me want to have another baby but 2 is plenty for us! Back to the food issue. Khalil is 6 1/2 months and eats cereal+1/2 jar of food for breakfast, lunch and dinner with a bottle. He started eating solids around 3 or 4 months as he has had a lot of problems with formula. He can only eat rice cereal - oatmeal makes him throw up. He is still spitting up a lot of formula and for awhile wasn't gaining any weight, that's why we started on the solids. I also thought if we gave him cereal he would sleep all night - oh no. He has slept all night MAYBE 3 or 4 times and it is sooooo hard for us. Both my husband and I are exhausted and him getting up at night is not helping! I wish I could figure out how to get him to sleep all night but no luck. He hasn't gotten any teeth yet either. So back to my question - anyone have tips on how to get them to sleep? I've tried letting him cry himself to sleep which worked amazing with my first - no luck. We have to swaddle him and rock/sing him to sleep because he refuses to go to sleep otherwise.
Have you tried sorghum/millet (sold in desi grocers as ragi)?

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

I was told that the worst thing i could do was rock my first to sleep, as then they always rely on that to sleep, i was lucky Emily slept through at 3 months. I would not recommend the leaving them to cry method as i think thats a bit cruel, after all thats the only way they can tell you they need anything.

I made sure she had all needed and then she just fell asleep, pure luck i am sure. The baby whisperer book was a life saver for me, maybe that would be the way to go. Heres to lots more sleep! Good Luck!

K1

~~~~~ * ~~~~~

AOS

Finished for 2 years.

dev015pb___.png

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

well, my method with my son sucked. I let him sleep with me, which unfortunately continued off and on until he was like 6. I wouldnt recommend it (LOL) and I am not going to do it with this one,thats for sure.

However, I TRIED the letting him cry it out plan once and I hated it. He cried for 6 hours, all night, and I just thought no way, I cant do it. I guess thats why he was still slithering into my room at the age of 5 or 6....

so no, I dont have any helpful ideas but I will watch to see if anyone else does ^_^

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Cindy and Manzar due the first week of march 2008!! Im speechless. Inshallah cont good health to us all :thumbs:

Welcome to the baby club!!! Congrats!!! :dance::dance:

1/10/05 Filed I-129f

1/12/05 NOA1

2/9/05 NOA2

2/25/05 Case forwarded to Casablanca

(Marrakech postal issues)

5/2/05 Fiance picks up Packet 3/4

5/6/05 Medical

5/23/05 Interview (recieved 221g)

5/31/05 VISA IN HAND! ALHAMDULLILAH!!

Truly I am blessed

7/6/05 Rachid arrives in USA (POE Philly) with my family

7/8/05 Rachid arrives to Atlanta (home to me)

7/8/05 Wedding!!! (ceremonial)

7/22/05 Recieve SSN Card

9/26/05 Married

12/31/05 AOS/EAD/AP sent off

1/4/06 Package arrives at Chicago Lockbox

1/18/06 Checks cashed all NOA's recvd :)

3/31/06 Recv'd AOS appointment letter for May 23rd

MAY 23RD AOS APPROVED (now waiting for prints to clear)

6/7/06 RECEIVED WELCOME LETTER :)

6/14/06 GREENCARD HATH ARRIVED!!! :))))

05/31/08 Filed Removal of Conditions

06/22/08 Biometrics done

APRROVVED JUNE 1ST 2009

Greencard Recieved 6/7/09 :D

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Has anyone tried using "FAM" (Fertility Awareness Method) to predict the best days to achieve pregnancy? Does it actually work?

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Savanphil/Tonya--Glad that your little Zakery and you are o.k. What a scary time you went through!

One of my twins(Haneul) was in the NICU for 12 days with a group B Strep infection and I had a hard time building up my milk supply since we got off to a poor start breastfeeding with her. Her sister had a good start, fortunately, but I still had to work to get my supply up for 2 after Haneul ended up getting a fair amount of formula.

Question: Did you get a prescription for a breast pump (like the Medela Pump In Style)? You should be able to get a free breast pump because you had a baby in the NICU. If you didn't, you may be able to get reimbursed retroactively.

Also, if you can, ask a lactation consultant about fenugreek or alfalfa pills. I've used both and found that alfalfa seems to work best for me. They are just herbal supplements, so most people say they are o.k. to use. You should ask because you had a preemie if they are safe though.

Kristi

Hi Kristi,

I am happy that the twins are doing well, thank you so much for the advice :luv:

I have a Madela Lactina Select, it is a rental my insurance covered it. Before I was discharged The hospital arranged for it as well as all of my other home care. Eventually I will have to return it. I hope that my insurance covers it when I have to buy one. I need something to increase my milk supply, I had heard about the Fenugreek being used. honestly I need to increase my pumping sessions....I don't pump every 3 hours as suggested. I only pump 3-4 times a day:blush: I will ask the lacation consultant about taking the hebs to help my supply.

12/03/2005: Married

10/13/2006: Interview Approved

10/26/2006: POE: EWR (ARRIVED) [/size]

182 days from filing to Visa in Hand!!![/color]

AOS/EAD

01/22/2007: Sent to The Lockbox.....let the games begin.....again

02/02/2007: NOA1's for both....the waiting game officially begins

02/15/2007: Biometrics appt.

04/11/2007: EAD APPROVED!! YI-HAW

04/21/2007: Received SSN#

05/23/2007: AOS Interview -------> APPROOOOOOVED!!!!!!

05/29/2007: Received Welcome letter

06/04/2007: Green Card in Hand!!!

122 Days from filing AOS to Green Card in Hand!!!

REMOVING CONDITIONS

05/21/2009: Filed to Remove Conditions

6/18/2009: Biometrics Done

09/14/2009: Approved!!!

Citizenship

2/15/2011: Filed N-400

3/28/2011: Biometrics <-- Done

5/09/2011: Naturalization Interview <--- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5/09/2011: Swearing in Ceremony (We're Done)

MY HUSBAND IS NOW A US CITIZEN

Proudmomwife.gifI_love_my_baby_boy.gif

3051_1113026182751_1139795553_30500807_687968_s.jpgZackie.jpgthumb_3051_1113025702739_1139795553_30500806_7039703_s.jpg