Patricia_and_andy

Baby Corner

3,061 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

I agree, Kiki- I think a lot of does and does nots when it comes to food are exajurated....

In my first trimester I craved only one thing, Burger King fries. That's all I ate, SOOOO unhealthy but I couldn't help myself. :blush:

Naturalized! Yeah!

.png

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

I didn't really crave anything during pregnancy. In the last trimester I had lots of fastfood but that was about it. NOthing too weird.

I don't know what is wrong with Adam but he's been screaming his heart out for about one week. He never cries and is usually a happy content baby. I thought it was a growth spurt and he does seem hungrier than usual but this has been going on for a week now. So yesterday - after he cried about one hour straight and there was nothing I could do - I bought a box of rice cereal and gave him a tablespoon full with breastmilk and HE LOVED IT. He literally sucked it out of the bowl, having his mouth open as soon as he saw the spoon coming towards his mouth. The doc said I should breastfeed him for two more months before introducing solids but he seems so much happier with the rice cereal. Right now he's lying on the floor in the living room, rolling back and forth with his feet in his mouth, singing and talking. I haven't fed in three hours (compared to every half hour just yesterday) and he seems sooo much better....

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

@evi.. yup i am doing the same since about 3 weeks.. damion is hungry all the time and the pedi said we should feed him with the infant rice too.. first we put it in his bottle but he liked it only a couple days.. he loves the spoon.. lots of ppl think we are crazzzzy cuz he is way to young but hey i wanna have a happy baby with a full tummy and not a crying a grumpy one..!! :whistle:

@theeth

looks like damion is getting his.. with 2 1/2 months!! :blink:

no wonder he is so fussy all the time!! i couldnt believe it but the pedi said yeah!!

my god daughter got her first one with 4 months!! but we won this one!! hehe

btw does anyone know where i can get a rug like this..?

rug.jpg

thanks

Edited by Joel'sWife

R.I.P. Diana 1982 - 28.08.2008

<3 WE MISS YOU <3

December 2oo7 - received 1o year GC!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

my alex ate breast milk, AND CEREAL since he was a month old, so i wouldnt believe the doctor too much, when he's sayin dont feed before he's 6 month old...alex is a very healthy and happy baby...he's NEVER been sick.

09/13/05 : AOS papers sent to Chicago

10/05/05 : checks cashed

10/05/05 : NOA 1 in the mail yehawwww !!!!!

11/29/05 : AP approoooooved !!!!!

03/06/06 : biometrics appointment

03/07/06 : touched

01/03/07 : interview letter in the mail

02/26/07 : interview finalllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!

AAAPPPRRROOOVVVEEEDDD !!!!!!!!!!! STAMP IN THE PASSPORT !!!!

03/06/2007: RECEIVED GREENCARD !!! NO MISTAKES !!!!!

01/27/09 : I-751 package mailed to Vermont

02/05/09 : check cashed

02/09/09 : NOA received

02/21/09 : biometrics letter received

03/07/09 : biometrics appointment

03/09/09 : touched

03/10/09 : touched

06/16/09 : APROVVVVVEEEEEEEED!!!!!!!! letter from USCIS received

06/30/09 : Greencard received!!! NO MISTAKES!!!

04/12/2010 : N-400 package sent...fingers crossed for a fast approval.....

06/07/2010 : Biometrics in Orlando

08/09/2010: Citizenship interview - PASSED!!!!

08/13/2010 : OATH Ceremony - Finally a US citizen and DONE with USCIS!!!!

Timeline

at joel's wife :yes::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline
my alex ate breast milk, AND CEREAL since he was a month old, so i wouldnt believe the doctor too much, when he's sayin dont feed before he's 6 month old...alex is a very healthy and happy baby...he's NEVER been sick.

Well, it's just that the risk of any allergic reaction sinks the older they get. I've heard on another forum how bad of a mom I was for feeding cereal ALREADY. They told me I should wait until Adam is nine months old. I won't be able to do it for that long. Adam is already the height and especially weight of a nine months old (20 lbs)

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

In the UK they told me feeding can start at 6 months, your NOT a bad mother for feeding your son who was hungry.

Edited by Lizzy

K1

September 15 - 2005: NOA1

October: Waiting

November: Waiting

December: In Security checks

January 2006: Waiting

February: Waiting..Contacted Congress

March 4th: APPROVED

March 17th: NVC posted file to London

March 20th: London Receives file

March 29th: Receive package 3

April 13th: London Receives package

April 19th: Medical - June 13th: INTERVIEW......APPROVED!!!!

June 20th: ARRIVE IN USA

Time taken for whole process 9 Months

~~~~~ * ~~~~~

AOS

October: 13th: Sent off AOS Package

November 3rd: NOA1

November 14th: Snail mail ~ NOA1 ~ Case moved to the CSC for faster processing.

November 14th : CSC has petition for me and my daughter.

December 14th: Biometrics completed.

January 17th: APPROVED AOS!

January 22nd: Green card arrives in the mail:))

Time taken for AOS - 3.5 Months

Finished for 2 years.

dev015pb___.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
@evi.. yup i am doing the same since about 3 weeks.. damion is hungry all the time and the pedi said we should feed him with the infant rice too.. first we put it in his bottle but he liked it only a couple days.. he loves the spoon.. lots of ppl think we are crazzzzy cuz he is way to young but hey i wanna have a happy baby with a full tummy and not a crying a grumpy one..!! :whistle:

@theeth

looks like damion is getting his.. with 2 1/2 months!! :blink:

no wonder he is so fussy all the time!! i couldnt believe it but the pedi said yeah!!

my god daughter got her first one with 4 months!! but we won this one!! hehe

btw does anyone know where i can get a rug like this..?

rug.jpg

thanks

http://www.amazon.com/Let%2527s-Learn-Play...2/dp/B00001P4YD

http://www.amazon.com/Rectangular-Street-R...6782354-7229750

http://www.matsmatsmats.com/kids/children-...E=YAHOOSHOPPING

Well, it's just that the risk of any allergic reaction sinks the older they get. I've heard on another forum how bad of a mom I was for feeding cereal ALREADY. They told me I should wait until Adam is nine months old. I won't be able to do it for that long. Adam is already the height and especially weight of a nine months old (20 lbs)

every baby is different... I wouldn't worry about what other people might say... motherhood is a lot about going with your gut feeling...

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

@Eveline - I started my son on cereals at about 4 months, he was very big like your baby and he was just fine. In fact it helped him start sleeping longer and going longer between feedings. Every baby is different so yeah, you just have to follow what works for you and your baby.

I was laughing at the whole cravings thing, with this pregnancy I havent really had many cravings at all but I am SO thirsty all the time, I cannot drink enough water. When I was pregnant with my son a few years ago I craved, CRAVED cole slaw, particularly the kind from KFC. I would go to their drive through at least 3 times a week, sometimes way more, and get the FAMILY SIZE and a fork and just shovel it in the car. I am sure they thought I was a total freak but I couldnt help it. I keep waiting for something like that to hit me this time but so far not really.

Reinhart your girl is SO CUTE!

Edited by sara535

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Timeline

i agree with what some of you said, with going with your gut feeling etc...starting to feed your baby(other stuff than milk) at 6 or especially at 9 months i think ITS NOT NORMAL.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

hmmm, I have babysat my share of infants plus I helped my mom take care of my younger siblings.. i seem to recall her feeding them a bit of rice cereal at a few months old....

it seems like eveline's baby was hungry and the milk wasn't enough to satisfy his hunger... I think feeding him a bit of cereal is totally fine...

i agree with what some of you said, with going with your gut feeling etc...starting to feed your baby(other stuff than milk) at 6 or especially at 9 months i think ITS NOT NORMAL.

did I misinterpret what you said?? :unsure: it's not normal to feed a baby cereal before 9 months??

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
agree with what some of you said, with going with your gut feeling etc...starting to feed your baby(other stuff than milk) at 6 or especially at 9 months i think ITS NOT NORMAL.

Well, it is actually very normal and most definately recommended...

Why delay solids

I exclusively breastfed until my son was 6 months old, I chose not to introduce cereal at 4 months -although the pediatrician said I could if I wanted - because he was growing just fine and he was pretty content just with my milk otherwise I would have as you did Eveline. It might very well be that he is bigger than babies his age so he needs more than just breastmilk. If he seems content then keep doing it, I am sure that if you call your doc he will tell you the same thing as well. :thumbs:

Edited by churipu

U.S. CITIZEN SINCE MAY 8TH 2008

NATURALIZATION

28th july 2007 - N-400 mailed to VSC

(exactly on the 90th day mark...applications NOT returned although some scared me into thinking they could have!)

30th july 2007 - N-400 delivered to VSC

11th august 2007 - Delivery Confirmation receipt received

17th september 2007 - Money Order (FINALLY!) cashed

9th november 2007 - NOA! (notification period given 180 days)

21th november 2007 - Biometrics appointment letter

18th december 2007 - Biometrics appointment in Baltimore, MD completed

29th march 2008 - FINALLY received letter with interview date!

8th may 2008 H 8:40 AM - Interview in Baltimore-APPROVED!

8th may 2008 H 3:00 pm (yes same day, crazy!) Oath Ceremony in Baltimore

24th may 2008 - US Passport application mailed off

6th june 2008 - US Passport received in the mail!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
hmmm, I have babysat my share of infants plus I helped my mom take care of my younger siblings.. i seem to recall her feeding them a bit of rice cereal at a few months old....

it seems like eveline's baby was hungry and the milk wasn't enough to satisfy his hunger... I think feeding him a bit of cereal is totally fine...

did I misinterpret what you said?? :unsure: it's not normal to feed a baby cereal before 9 months??

I think she meant that NOT starting earlier than 6-9 months is not normal...that is actually what is widely recommended these days (see my link above, but there are tons of others if one google this matter)

Edited by churipu

U.S. CITIZEN SINCE MAY 8TH 2008

NATURALIZATION

28th july 2007 - N-400 mailed to VSC

(exactly on the 90th day mark...applications NOT returned although some scared me into thinking they could have!)

30th july 2007 - N-400 delivered to VSC

11th august 2007 - Delivery Confirmation receipt received

17th september 2007 - Money Order (FINALLY!) cashed

9th november 2007 - NOA! (notification period given 180 days)

21th november 2007 - Biometrics appointment letter

18th december 2007 - Biometrics appointment in Baltimore, MD completed

29th march 2008 - FINALLY received letter with interview date!

8th may 2008 H 8:40 AM - Interview in Baltimore-APPROVED!

8th may 2008 H 3:00 pm (yes same day, crazy!) Oath Ceremony in Baltimore

24th may 2008 - US Passport application mailed off

6th june 2008 - US Passport received in the mail!!!