Patricia_and_andy

Baby Corner

3,061 posts in this topic

@Eveline:

Ohh no i'm not being induced, lol i just read what i posted and it looks like i'm having him saturday lol

What i meant was i'm 36 weeks this saturday, so far i've been told that i will be having a vaginal delivery and no c-section

providing everything is fine, you never know with any pregnancy. I had my docs appointment last monday and already i'm 50% effaced and 2% dilated. Not that the dilation means anything according to the nurse, she said i could be walking around for the rest of it like that.

With all the contractions i've been having daily since 19 weeks and now suddendly in the last 2 weeks they have dissapeared! :blink:

along with all the other preterm labor symptoms.

@Savanphil: the kicks gets stronger and more painful (well my little mans are) now i can feel either his foot or hand just sitting there stuck

poking out of my belly, its a very strange feeling and you have to kind of push it back in, but when i do push a little he goes dead quite and tries to do a dissapearing act! lol

He's shy..... :blush:

realsmallbaby.gif

Thumbnailpic.jpg

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline
Savanphil, we are sort of trying to have ocean/ fishy thing to be the main connecting line for everything in the nursery but I wouldn't call it an actuall theme....

I painted a mural over one wall...the other walls are two different shades of green, all furniture is white...

We're having a girl but I so hate the whole frilly pink girly thing

That sounds really cute...my favorite color is green. We haven't decorated yet, maybe when we move into our bigger place we can have a nursery for him.

I'm really proud of it because we did all the work by ourselves...walls, closet which we redid completely, and so on....

It looks very cute, if I say so myself :star:

Naturalized! Yeah!

.png

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline
@Eveline:

Ohh no i'm not being induced, lol i just read what i posted and it looks like i'm having him saturday lol

What i meant was i'm 36 weeks this saturday, so far i've been told that i will be having a vaginal delivery and no c-section

providing everything is fine, you never know with any pregnancy. I had my docs appointment last monday and already i'm 50% effaced and 2% dilated. Not that the dilation means anything according to the nurse, she said i could be walking around for the rest of it like that.

I did the walking, rocking, jumping jacks, walking up and down stairs, driving bumpy roads and....NOTHING. Even after a night of Pitocin I was only 1cm 25% effaced at 41 weeks pregnant. A few pages back is my birth story. I was in labor from February 27 until March 1st and it ended in a csection, unfortunately. Anyway, I wish you all the best and maybe your little one knows that you want him to be there on Saturday. Good luck and don't forget to post your story here.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Hey everybody!

I am new to this thread, but by no means new to this site (despite the "newbie" title on the left). I forgot my previous login info so had to start over with a new one! LOL I was a VJ addict when I went through my K1 in '03-'04. We had our first VJ baby Dominic in April '05 and we are now expecting our second VJ baby in November. I am now 14 weeks pregnant and I hope everything will go well this time...DH and I have 3 angel babies:

#1 03/03 (11w5d)

#2 04/04 (16w4d)

#3 11/06 (18w2d)

We are VERY nervous right now and my next appointment is 5/28 so hopefully everything is still good then. I have had 2 u/s with this pregnancy so far and things seem to be going well. So I am keeping my fingers crossed. Anyways, great to meet you all.

Melissa

Melissa

**I am an Army wife, you may see me struggle, but you will NEVER see me fall**

Domsiggy-1.jpgHayleeSiggy.jpg

My timeline

K1 - TSC

10-07-2003 I-129f Sent

10-10-2003 NOA 1

02-23-2004 NOA 2

03-01-2004 NVC Rc'd

03-04-2004 NVC Left

03-09-2004 Consulate Rc'd

03-12-2004 Packet 3 Rc'd

03-29-2004 Packet 3 Sent

04-13-2004 Packet 4 Rc'd

04-23-2004 Interview...........Approved!

04-23-2004 VISA in hand

06-10-2004 US Entry

07-24-2004 Marriage

AOS - OKC

09-14-2004 I-485 Sent

10-01-2004 NOA

04-11-2005 Biometrics

09-13-2005 Interview..........Approved!

12-05-2005 Green Card Rc'd

Lifting Condition - TSC

09-13-2007 I-751 Sent

10-11-2007 Case transfered to CSC

10-18-2007 NOA

03-12-2007 Biometrics

03-31-2008 Card production ordered.........Approved!

04-07-2008 Card Rc'd

Hey everybody!

I am new to this thread, but by no means new to this site (despite the "newbie" title on the left). I forgot my previous login info so had to start over with a new one! LOL I was a VJ addict when I went through my K1 in '03-'04. We had our first VJ baby Dominic in April '05 and we are now expecting our second VJ baby in November. I am now 14 weeks pregnant and I hope everything will go well this time...DH and I have 3 angel babies:

#1 03/03 (11w5d)

#2 04/04 (16w4d)

#3 11/06 (18w2d)

We are VERY nervous right now and my next appointment is 5/28 so hopefully everything is still good then. I have had 2 u/s with this pregnancy so far and things seem to be going well. So I am keeping my fingers crossed. Anyways, great to meet you all.

Melissa

Welcome Back Melissa. I hope that everything goes well with this pregnancy.

K-1 Journey

3/09/06 K-1 petition sent to Vermont

3/22/06 NOA1 received

4/17/06 NOA2 Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4/21/06 NVC received/ Sent to Paris

5/06 returned to NVC, je ne sais pas pour quoi

7/6/06 IMBRA RFE

7/11/06 RFE received at VSC

8/18/06 NOA 2 Reapproved!!!!!!

9/12/06 Packet 3 arrived

9/22/06 Packet 3 sent

10/28/06 Packet 4

11/29/06 Interview/ APPROVED!!!!!

12/05/06 US arrival JFK POE

AOS/EAD Journey

12/19/06 SSN applied for

1/20/07 SSN card received in mail

1/23/07 Civil Ceremony

4/3/07 I-485 and I-765 sent

4/11/07 NOA1 received

6/15/2007 EAD production of card

6/24/2007 EAD received

6/27/2007 AOS approved!!!!

7/2/2007 Green Card Received!!!!!!!!!!!!

8/14/07 Baby Arrives 7:44pm

11/03/07 "It's a Family Affair" wedding

I-751

4/28/09 mailed to Vermont

5/11/09 receipt letter, I-751 received by VSC

6/12/09 biometrics Baltimore

8/4/09 approval letter

8/11/09 email, card will be sent within 30 days

I had my docs appointment today, thinking things would be just the same as last week, it turns out they are very much not, and also after me saying i'm not being induced either! He says i am now between 2-3 cm dilated and now 70% effaced, if i dont go into labor within the next week (which he also doesnt think i will - i'm only 36 weeks) then they are gonna induce me :o not quite being prepared to hear that i was very shocked! I forgot to ask why the inducing and other questions for that matter also.... I can only think that the reason being is because i'm so far along in that department with no contractions, that when i do go into labor its gonna be quick and i might not make it to the hosptial, being about a 45 minute drive on top of waiting for my hubby to get back from work and take me.

I'm having an ultrasound next wednesday to measure how big he is because he also said i'm so small that my pelvis might not be big enough for the baby to pass thru and i might need a c-section! It was to much info for one day..... i havent even packed my hospital bag yet lol which i now need to get crackin on. I'm excited and scared all at once!

Hope all you ladies are doin ok?

Rach

realsmallbaby.gif

Thumbnailpic.jpg

Timeline
I had my docs appointment today, thinking things would be just the same as last week, it turns out they are very much not, and also after me saying i'm not being induced either! He says i am now between 2-3 cm dilated and now 70% effaced, if i dont go into labor within the next week (which he also doesnt think i will - i'm only 36 weeks) then they are gonna induce me :o not quite being prepared to hear that i was very shocked! I forgot to ask why the inducing and other questions for that matter also.... I can only think that the reason being is because i'm so far along in that department with no contractions, that when i do go into labor its gonna be quick and i might not make it to the hosptial, being about a 45 minute drive on top of waiting for my hubby to get back from work and take me.

I'm having an ultrasound next wednesday to measure how big he is because he also said i'm so small that my pelvis might not be big enough for the baby to pass thru and i might need a c-section! It was to much info for one day..... i havent even packed my hospital bag yet lol which i now need to get crackin on. I'm excited and scared all at once!

Hope all you ladies are doin ok?

Rach

DO NOT LET THEM TELL YOU THAT. After I had my c-section because of failure to progress I've read sooo many books and articles on doctors telling first time moms, their pelvis is too small (they told me that too after the c-section and said that the next baby will be a c-sec baby too). Fact is, your doctor can only say that for sure if he cat-scans your pelvis and they won't do that. They won't be able to find out for sure that your pelvis is too small until you are in active labor and your bones are losening even more. Almost every woman is able to give birth to a baby and pelvises that are too small are just a good excuse for doctors to have a quick birth and go on with the next one.

I'm sorry you didn't go into labor on Saturday. I don't understand why they want to induce you. You are not even full term. At least ask them to let you go until 38 weeks of gestation. Maybe your little one will make its way out until then.

I'm wishing you all the best. good luck.

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

Almost every woman is able to give birth to a baby and pelvises that are too small are just a good excuse for doctors to have a quick birth and go on with the next one.

although it may seem that is what the doctors want (and some may well want just that), more likely there is a higher c/s rate due to the fact that if there is a question about the ease of a vaginal birth, most OBs would prefer to do a c/s instead of risk any kind of birth trauma (such as can be caused by use of forceps or vacuum extraction or shoulder dystocia)... *THE* most sued area of medical care is obstetrics... and the statute of limitations is until the baby comes of age...

there are many folks that would argue against probably 95% of the c/s's done... but there are also some who would argue that c/s's would have potentially decreased bad outcomes... there is a middle ground to this issue, and it is the more realistic...

i see it kind of like the breastfeeding issue... yes, breastmilk is wonderful for a baby... BUT, there are sometimes circumstances that change that... so, it cant be cut and dry... and in the end, a woman should be able to trust her OB/GYN... i dont mean blindly... YES, ask questions... educate yourself... but get comfortable enough with your OB/GYN that you can trust that he/she will truly want to do what is best for you and your baby

"True love is falling in love with your best friend,

and only then, will you find the meaning of happiness."

tony_1.gif

Timeline
i see it kind of like the breastfeeding issue... yes, breastmilk is wonderful for a baby... BUT, there are sometimes circumstances that change that... so, it cant be cut and dry... and in the end, a woman should be able to trust her OB/GYN... i dont mean blindly... YES, ask questions... educate yourself... but get comfortable enough with your OB/GYN that you can trust that he/she will truly want to do what is best for you and your baby

I agree but I don't understand why they just tell a woman from looking at her (cause that is all they can do) that her pelvis is too small and she won't fit a baby through there. I understand when you - like me - lay there have one epi after another, push for six or more hours and you just cannot seem to move the baby with ANY contraction. Then I'd say..ok, maybe her pelvis IS to small and maybe the baby just doesn't fit through there, it's just not meant to happen. OK, I guess that is the point were you should consider a c/sec and I'm glad that we have all those opportunities nowadays. Just think back like 50 years. WHat would have happened, when your baby is stuck inside of you and you can't be rushed to the next hospital (I guess home births were very common back then). I guess the woman AND the baby would have most likely died. Like I said, I'm glad doctors can do c/sections but telling a first time mom, she has to have surgery for something that is so natural and most likely to work the way it is meant to work (meaning vaginal birth) I just think it's taking her of a birth experience, bonding with her baby right from the start and not four hours after the baby was born.

Edited by Eveline

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
@Eveline:

Apparently that nurse has not had children! Those 2cm you are dialated are 2 less you have to work at when you go into labor!! :thumbs: In this game, EVERYthing counts!!

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

@Eveline:

Apparently that nurse has not had children! Those 2cm you are dialated are 2 less you have to work at when you go into labor!! :thumbs: In this game, EVERYthing counts!!

i was 2-3 cm dilated and 70% effaced for weeks before my little man decided to show himself... i think i was in my 34th week when i was in L&D triage with contractions and my doc told me i had dilated and effaced... but my little guy held in there until 38wks before he ruptured membranes and surprised us on st pattys day!

tony_1.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm still pregnant :thumbs: haha... I need to stress less!

I also need to find a doctor or a midwife... I haven't found a doctor since we moved and switched insurance (I really really miss tricare).

I was wondering what you guys have chosen? OB/GYN? Midwife?

I am thinking that I would rather got to a midwife... but would like to hear feedback :)

AOS

August 30, 2005 - AOS, , AP applications mailed to Chicago Lockbox

September 9, 2005 - NOA's for AOS, AP, (dated Sept. 1)

November 28, 2005 - AOS biometrics - refused EAD biometrics at the same time

December 5, 2005 - AP approved

December 7, 2005 - Infopass appointment for interim EAD

December 12, 2005 - Received EAD card

December 13, 2005 - Received AP

June 14, 2005 - Case Status Inquiry/Tracer

June 19, 2005 - Letter sent to congressman

AOS INTERVIEW SCHEDULED FOR AUGUST 8, 2006

AOS approved - August 8th, 2006 - hooray - done with USCIS for now!

GREENCARD RECEIVED - August 18, 2006

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have an OB/Gyn. I would really to try a Doula for my next pregnancy.

12/03/2005: Married

10/13/2006: Interview Approved

10/26/2006: POE: EWR (ARRIVED) [/size]

182 days from filing to Visa in Hand!!![/color]

AOS/EAD

01/22/2007: Sent to The Lockbox.....let the games begin.....again

02/02/2007: NOA1's for both....the waiting game officially begins

02/15/2007: Biometrics appt.

04/11/2007: EAD APPROVED!! YI-HAW

04/21/2007: Received SSN#

05/23/2007: AOS Interview -------> APPROOOOOOVED!!!!!!

05/29/2007: Received Welcome letter

06/04/2007: Green Card in Hand!!!

122 Days from filing AOS to Green Card in Hand!!!

REMOVING CONDITIONS

05/21/2009: Filed to Remove Conditions

6/18/2009: Biometrics Done

09/14/2009: Approved!!!

Citizenship

2/15/2011: Filed N-400

3/28/2011: Biometrics <-- Done

5/09/2011: Naturalization Interview <--- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5/09/2011: Swearing in Ceremony (We're Done)

MY HUSBAND IS NOW A US CITIZEN

Proudmomwife.gifI_love_my_baby_boy.gif

3051_1113026182751_1139795553_30500807_687968_s.jpgZackie.jpgthumb_3051_1113025702739_1139795553_30500806_7039703_s.jpg

I went with OB/GYN

Also, for the mommies: Epidural or not? I need to make a decision and am leaning towards natural birth but then I start thinking about it more and strat freaking out.... :help:

i have been more than pleased with both my epidurals... i do not feel like it diminished my childbirth experience in any way... with my daughter, i was able to enjoy my labor and be totally alert and with it... i was able to relax and not struggle thru until time to push...

with my son, i knew it would be a c/s and never felt such relief as when the epidural was in

ultimately, you just have to decide for yourself... and you can change your mind up til you have the opportunity to have one or not... so, if you think you can make it without it... you can say 'i dont want one after all'... or if you think you want one for sure after you have tried laboring without it, you can say 'i want it'

good luck... you will make it through... and any pain you feel during labor disappears when you have that beautiful baby in your arms

oh... and i had an OB/GYN for both of my deliveries... but, i have worked with many midwives... just make sure they have a good affiliation with a nearby hospital so that (god forbid) if there are any problems, you have back up available quickly

Edited by keltic

tony_1.gif