ALI555

Everyone going through Administrative Processing in ISLAMABAD

2,010 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hi everyone!

I am a silent visitor of this forum and i love being around for many hours a day! I am very happy for u all! Many many Congrats for all who r done with Ap Alhamdolillah

I had been depressed, as we r still struglling for Russian Police Certificate , dont know how long its gonna take! we r almost 2 months behing just bcoz of this document! (my hubby studied medicine there) So do pray for us too!Russian Consulate was not very helpful here at Islamabad so we r keeping our fingers crossed ! :unsure:

I am happy for u all! Dont know y esp for MUMTAZG ! Lolz but i have been reading all of ur posts here n there !

Have a good life together in ur new homes ! US :thumbs:

As for me im counting everyday till we get back home! I miss my Home!

Congrats again!

Hey USmomo welcome to the forum,don't worry and dont be depressed you will be fine IA.Do you know anyone in russia? cuz i read somewhere its tuff to get PCC from russia unless you have a friend or relative there who could apply for it on ur behalf at Ministry of Domestic Affairs.I found this link check it out.

http://www.rctccorp.com/police_certificate_e.html

Thankyou so very much Omark! Well after we had tried with russian Consulate , Islamabad and RFE from NVC we got this site from search engine and after making sure of it i already have paid them so Russian Certificate will be issued by them now InshaAlllah :thumbs:

I was so freakin depressed yesterday that i forgot to mention this on forum that we are dealing with thm for document . For an extra 100$ they do it expidated in like 5 weeeeks ! :blink: otherwise they take upto 2n half months!

Shoooo ! Just reading all of good posts here about going to US, airline tickets which route to take , makes me happy ... I councel myself that one day i will b doing all this ! YES! InshaAlllah

So take care all n happy packin!!

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

USCIS:

I-130 Sent : 2009-05-13

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-05-18

I-130 Approved : 2009-08-18

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 92 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC Journey:

09-07-2009: Sent DS-3032

09-09-2009: I-864 Bill Processed

09-09-2009: Receive I-864 Package

09-11-2009: Sent I-864

09-19-2009: IV Bill Processed

09-29-2009: RFE

10-02-2009: Sent Tax Return

10-19-2009: Recieved Ds230 Package

Still trying to get PCC from Russian Consulate @ ISL and houston :(

10-12-2009: Sent Ds230 Package with Letter explaining uncooperate Russian Consulate!

10-28-2009: RFE(Missing Russian Police Clearace Certificate) :( Finally! Got pcc, movin forward!

12-01-2009: Sent RFE With Russian PCC

12-17-2009: LOG IN FAILED: YAYYY

12-28-2009: Interview Date Recieved

01-20-2010: Documents and Medical:~Passed!

02-11-2010: Interview:~Approved but AP :(

03-10-2010: AMEX CALLED TO PICK UP VISA PACKAGE 28 Days in AP

03-23-2010: POE Chicago Smooth Alhamdolillah

GC in Mail :)

ROC: 26 Feb 2012

No NOA till now

3jote9.png

Verily, with every hardship there is relief (94:6)[/b]

Timeline

Salam All,

I am very new to this forum. I had my interview at ISL on Sept 30th 2009. I went to interview along with my wife and 1 year old son (Both are US Citizen). During my visit there I was called three times. Two times were Pakistani people and last and final call was from American CO. After a brief interview of 10 mins he handed me a green letter saying that everything is fine with my case but they cannot issue me the visa as they have to do Administrative Processing. In the letter it says that min there is a 6 weeks wait time and max. there is no limit. Since than I am waiting and waiting. But when i visited this forum I feel myself way back in the wait line by seeing other people cases.

I will appreciate if Admin of this forum will add my name and dates in the status spreadsheet which is being maintained for various members.

I will surely keep posted update about my case.

Thanks

Timeline

Hey everyone,

My husband's interview will be in Islamabad on December 16th- I figured I should already keep myself mentally prepared that he will be on AP but I still figured I should ask around get tips and pointers from everyone who interviewed there. Any questions that may be asked or tips on what time to get there will be greatly appreciated. My husband is going in from Lahore and I will be accompanying him. I have been in Pakistan since July. I already read the reviews on the embassy but not everyone posts up their experiences so I figured I should ask here as well!

Thanks!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Good Morning ......rise and shine :) thanx feisal update my info as well please. AP was till Oct 30th so 109 days. It took 2 weeks to get my passport back after getting the call ( finding out from DOS rather).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
Good Morning ......rise and shine :) thanx feisal update my info as well please. AP was till Oct 30th so 109 days. It took 2 weeks to get my passport back after getting the call ( finding out from DOS rather).

Yep, DOS finally came through one time for me also :) Called them today and they said the embassy mailed the passport to my fiance today! :) He should get it back next week, then he'll stay for Eid and be here by December 1st!!! AHH!! Congrats again, Omi ;) lol.. and don't forget the little guys! it's amazing to see a whole new crowd of APers movin' in to take our places. Hang in their guys!!

--------------------

OMAR & HALEY'S K-1 PROCESS

11/11/2008 - FILED I-129F

11/18/2008 - NOA1 RECEIVED

03/11/2009 - RECEIVED NOA2 (approved!)

03/19/2009 - NVC RECEIVED CASE FILE

04/01/2009 - NVC SENT CASE TO ISL EMBASSY

04/06/2009 - ISL EMBASSY RECEIVED CASE FILE

********* - NEVER RECEIVED PACKET 3.5 FROM ISL (called / emailed, no luck)

********* - CREATED OUR OWN PACKET WITH ITEMS THE ISL EMBASSY TOLD US IN EMAIL THAT THEY NEEDED

06/10/2009 - SUBMITTED PACKET 3.5 TO AMEX IN ISLAMABAD

06/16/2009 - RECEIVED INTERVIEW LETTER THROUGH AMEX IN ISLAMABAD

07/20/2009 - INTERVIEW (approved!) AP

10/12/2009 - 3 MONTHS OF AP COMPLETE...

10/21/2009 - CALL TO SUBMIT PASSPORT!

11/04/2009 - U.S. EMBASSY, ISLAMABAD RECIEVED PASSPORT IN MAIL (NOW UNDER FINAL REVIEW)

11/16/2009 - U.S. EMBASSY, ISLAMABAD MAILED PASSPORT W/ VISA TO U.S. EMBASSY KABUL

11/22/2009 - CALL TO PICK UP PASSPORT!

12/01/2009 - FLYING TO U.S.!!!!!!!!!

12/02/2009 - HE'S HERE!!! <3 <3 <3

12/07/2009 - MARRIED IN COLORADO! <3

12/20/2010 - APPLIED FOR SOCIAL SECURITY CARD

04/09/2010 - RECEIVED WORK AUTHORIZATION CARD IN THE MAIL!

06/20/2010 - DID SECOND INTERVIEW

08/10/2010 - RECEIVED 2-YEAR GREEN CARD!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

Timeline

I have a question, i received an instruction sheet with the visa packet and it says i will have to bring x-rays with me to the POE.Thats sux cuz it wont fit in my laptop bag and you cant carry it in check-in luggage....i read somewhere on VJ its not required to take your x-rays to poe for k visas any idea?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
I have a question, i received an instruction sheet with the visa packet and it says i will have to bring x-rays with me to the POE.Thats sux cuz it wont fit in my laptop bag and you cant carry it in check-in luggage....i read somewhere on VJ its not required to take your x-rays to poe for k visas any idea?

I don't think it's a requirement.. just advised, 'cause you might want to give them to your physician in the states. I looked up a couple of threads, and looks like no one has been asked SHOW their x-rays and the people that tried, no one was interested in taking them. It's just a convenience thing. And they are x-rays.. haha.. you can always get them taken again by ANY doctor in the US.. how big ARE they? you could just mail them to your fiance in Cali, but that's probably expensive.. x-rays are usually given by doctors as a convenience, 'cause it's not a diagnosis or anything, and doesn't hold any conclusive medical information by itself.. :) you'll be fine if you don't keep them.

threads I read:

1. http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=232769

2. http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=5254

3. http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=640643

Good luck! when are you flying?

Naz & Omi - Did u get your visa - I have been out of touch lately

not yet, probably middle of next week :) it takes about 10 days for mail to get from Islamabad to Kabul.. bleh.. must just put the package on a camel and point it in the right direction, hope it gets there... ;) what about you, any news?

--------------------

OMAR & HALEY'S K-1 PROCESS

11/11/2008 - FILED I-129F

11/18/2008 - NOA1 RECEIVED

03/11/2009 - RECEIVED NOA2 (approved!)

03/19/2009 - NVC RECEIVED CASE FILE

04/01/2009 - NVC SENT CASE TO ISL EMBASSY

04/06/2009 - ISL EMBASSY RECEIVED CASE FILE

********* - NEVER RECEIVED PACKET 3.5 FROM ISL (called / emailed, no luck)

********* - CREATED OUR OWN PACKET WITH ITEMS THE ISL EMBASSY TOLD US IN EMAIL THAT THEY NEEDED

06/10/2009 - SUBMITTED PACKET 3.5 TO AMEX IN ISLAMABAD

06/16/2009 - RECEIVED INTERVIEW LETTER THROUGH AMEX IN ISLAMABAD

07/20/2009 - INTERVIEW (approved!) AP

10/12/2009 - 3 MONTHS OF AP COMPLETE...

10/21/2009 - CALL TO SUBMIT PASSPORT!

11/04/2009 - U.S. EMBASSY, ISLAMABAD RECIEVED PASSPORT IN MAIL (NOW UNDER FINAL REVIEW)

11/16/2009 - U.S. EMBASSY, ISLAMABAD MAILED PASSPORT W/ VISA TO U.S. EMBASSY KABUL

11/22/2009 - CALL TO PICK UP PASSPORT!

12/01/2009 - FLYING TO U.S.!!!!!!!!!

12/02/2009 - HE'S HERE!!! <3 <3 <3

12/07/2009 - MARRIED IN COLORADO! <3

12/20/2010 - APPLIED FOR SOCIAL SECURITY CARD

04/09/2010 - RECEIVED WORK AUTHORIZATION CARD IN THE MAIL!

06/20/2010 - DID SECOND INTERVIEW

08/10/2010 - RECEIVED 2-YEAR GREEN CARD!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

Timeline

I don't think it's a requirement.. just advised, 'cause you might want to give them to your physician in the states. I looked up a couple of threads, and looks like no one has been asked SHOW their x-rays and the people that tried, no one was interested in taking them. It's just a convenience thing. And they are x-rays.. haha.. you can always get them taken again by ANY doctor in the US.. how big ARE they? you could just mail them to your fiance in Cali, but that's probably expensive.. x-rays are usually given by doctors as a convenience, 'cause it's not a diagnosis or anything, and doesn't hold any conclusive medical information by itself.. :) you'll be fine if you don't keep them.

threads I read:

not yet, probably middle of next week :) it takes about 10 days for mail to get from Islamabad to Kabul.. bleh.. must just put the package on a camel and point it in the right direction, hope it gets there... ;) what about you, any news?

Thanks alot for the links ,I think i will just roll it up and try to fit it in my other carry on bag( just incase).Also , manila envelope they gave me is like 2lbs its pretty thick..... i was also wondering if i can get DL abstract online i wanna get the license rightaway.What will happen to my SSN(I already have one since i was in NY on F-1) i know it will always be the same but do i have to call social security administration?cuz obviously DMV require ssn,would i be able to use it right away or i will have to wait...not sure but i am sure i would need DL as soon as i get there.

Edited by Omark

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

threads I read:

Thanks alot for the links ,I think i will just roll it up and try to fit it in my other carry on bag( just incase).Also , manila envelope they gave me is like 2lbs its pretty thick..... i was also wondering if i can get DL abstract online i wanna get the license rightaway.What will happen to my SSN(I already have one since i was in NY on F-1) i know it will always be the same but do i have to call social security administration?cuz obviously DMV require ssn,would i be able to use it right away or i will have to wait...not sure but i am sure i would need DL as soon as i get there.

For DL you need to take written and driving test. Search google and you might get DL links.

For SSN, you keep the old number and use it without any issue but you need to apply for replacement card which dose not say that you can work with INS permission, as your old SSN card mentioned. (Normally for F-1 student, SSN card has this note)

Timeline

threads I read:

For DL you need to take written and driving test. Search google and you might get DL links.

For SSN, you keep the old number and use it without any issue but you need to apply for replacement card which dose not say that you can work with INS permission, as your old SSN card mentioned. (Normally for F-1 student, SSN card has this note)

Hey Riz are sure i will have to take the road test as well?I called DMV in Cali and they said just bring in NYS driver's license abstract and they just want me to take written exam,i can get the license same day.I can call NYS dmv and request for the abstract but i was thinking maybe i can get it online as well.My social security card doesnt say "not valid for employement" i know if u on f-1 it would say that.

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

threads I read:

Hey Riz are sure i will have to take the road test as well?I called DMV in Cali and they said just bring in NYS driver's license abstract and they just want me to take written exam,i can get the license same day.I can call NYS dmv and request for the abstract but i was thinking maybe i can get it online as well.My social security card doesnt say "not valid for employement" i know if u on f-1 it would say that.

My bad, I though you do not have DL from USA. In your case you just need to go through eye test, pay fee and done. I am not sure if you even need to take written test. I used to have IL DL and when I moved to KY I got KY DL without any written test.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.