ALI555

Everyone going through Administrative Processing in ISLAMABAD

2,010 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

alhamdulilah this is such great newssssssssss!!!!! Mumtaz this is soo great!! May everyone else get their visas and feel the same joy as you all insha'Allah...

alhamdulilah I'm soooooooo happpy for all of you that got their visas! ... yayyyyyyy!

insha'Allah Feisal is next!

ticker.png

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

OMARK & MumtazG,

I am assuming you guys will have some extra baggage with you when you move from Pakistan to USA for good. What would be the best and economical way to get that extra baggage to USA? I am planning to pay some extra $$ to airline for excessive baggage and take it with me. I might be having 2 30kg (70 Ibs) each of extra suitcases.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I am a silent visitor of this forum and i love being around for many hours a day! I am very happy for u all! Many many Congrats for all who r done with Ap Alhamdolillah

I had been depressed, as we r still struglling for Russian Police Certificate , dont know how long its gonna take! we r almost 2 months behing just bcoz of this document! (my hubby studied medicine there) So do pray for us too!Russian Consulate was not very helpful here at Islamabad so we r keeping our fingers crossed ! :unsure:

I am happy for u all! Dont know y esp for MUMTAZG ! Lolz but i have been reading all of ur posts here n there !

Have a good life together in ur new homes ! US :thumbs:

As for me im counting everyday till we get back home! I miss my Home!

Congrats again!

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

USCIS:

I-130 Sent : 2009-05-13

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-05-18

I-130 Approved : 2009-08-18

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 92 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC Journey:

09-07-2009: Sent DS-3032

09-09-2009: I-864 Bill Processed

09-09-2009: Receive I-864 Package

09-11-2009: Sent I-864

09-19-2009: IV Bill Processed

09-29-2009: RFE

10-02-2009: Sent Tax Return

10-19-2009: Recieved Ds230 Package

Still trying to get PCC from Russian Consulate @ ISL and houston :(

10-12-2009: Sent Ds230 Package with Letter explaining uncooperate Russian Consulate!

10-28-2009: RFE(Missing Russian Police Clearace Certificate) :( Finally! Got pcc, movin forward!

12-01-2009: Sent RFE With Russian PCC

12-17-2009: LOG IN FAILED: YAYYY

12-28-2009: Interview Date Recieved

01-20-2010: Documents and Medical:~Passed!

02-11-2010: Interview:~Approved but AP :(

03-10-2010: AMEX CALLED TO PICK UP VISA PACKAGE 28 Days in AP

03-23-2010: POE Chicago Smooth Alhamdolillah

GC in Mail :)

ROC: 26 Feb 2012

No NOA till now

3jote9.png

Verily, with every hardship there is relief (94:6)[/b]

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
Hi everyone!

I am a silent visitor of this forum and i love being around for many hours a day! I am very happy for u all! Many many Congrats for all who r done with Ap Alhamdolillah

I had been depressed, as we r still struglling for Russian Police Certificate , dont know how long its gonna take! we r almost 2 months behing just bcoz of this document! (my hubby studied medicine there) So do pray for us too!Russian Consulate was not very helpful here at Islamabad so we r keeping our fingers crossed ! :unsure:

I am happy for u all! Dont know y esp for MUMTAZG ! Lolz but i have been reading all of ur posts here n there !

Congrats again!

I hope everything goes well i nsha'Allah you are in my duas! Is there anyway in which you can request to do an interview and submit the police certificate AFTER the interview? Or u already had the interview?

ticker.png

Timeline
Hi everyone!

Congrats again!

No theres no other way! We had sent the DS230 with all other required dosuments and a letter explaining not being able to get a Polcie Certficate from Russia and evidence that we actually went there at consulate and how they had behaved! But later we got an RFE for missing Police Certificate from Russia! :(

I hope everything goes well i nsha'Allah you are in my duas! Is there anyway in which you can request to do an interview and submit the police certificate AFTER the interview? Or u already had the interview?

N thankyou so very much for ur duas! Feeels so goood! :star:

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

USCIS:

I-130 Sent : 2009-05-13

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-05-18

I-130 Approved : 2009-08-18

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 92 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC Journey:

09-07-2009: Sent DS-3032

09-09-2009: I-864 Bill Processed

09-09-2009: Receive I-864 Package

09-11-2009: Sent I-864

09-19-2009: IV Bill Processed

09-29-2009: RFE

10-02-2009: Sent Tax Return

10-19-2009: Recieved Ds230 Package

Still trying to get PCC from Russian Consulate @ ISL and houston :(

10-12-2009: Sent Ds230 Package with Letter explaining uncooperate Russian Consulate!

10-28-2009: RFE(Missing Russian Police Clearace Certificate) :( Finally! Got pcc, movin forward!

12-01-2009: Sent RFE With Russian PCC

12-17-2009: LOG IN FAILED: YAYYY

12-28-2009: Interview Date Recieved

01-20-2010: Documents and Medical:~Passed!

02-11-2010: Interview:~Approved but AP :(

03-10-2010: AMEX CALLED TO PICK UP VISA PACKAGE 28 Days in AP

03-23-2010: POE Chicago Smooth Alhamdolillah

GC in Mail :)

ROC: 26 Feb 2012

No NOA till now

3jote9.png

Verily, with every hardship there is relief (94:6)[/b]

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hi everyone!

Congrats again!

Hey USmomo welcome to the forum,don't worry and dont be depressed you will be fine IA.Do you know anyone in russia? cuz i read somewhere its tuff to get PCC from russia unless you have a friend or relative there who could apply for it on ur behalf at Ministry of Domestic Affairs.I found this link check it out.

http://www.rctccorp.com/police_certificate_e.html

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Wow, I visited the forum today after a while and, and have been reading good news, Happy For u Mumtazg and Omar.

USmomo, I understand your problem, well, when I had applied for my father’s immigration, I had written down in the forms that he had stayed in Germany, (this was in 1975), and so they asked for his Police certificate from Germany. WE didn’t know where to get that from, this was almost 35 years ago, n father did not even have that passport now which contained his visa for Germany, I still sent my father to get the police certificate form German consulate in Karachi, and they said that they could not do anything and we had to contact BONN, in Germany for the certificate. Any how I wrote a letter to NVC and explained to them, that we tried our best, to obtain the certificate, but were not able to because my father does not have the passport, that contains the visa.

Any how, NVC approved the case and sent it over to Islamabad consulate. My dad got his interview data after a 1 n half month. When they went for the interview, the guy asked him, if he was able to get the German certificate, and my dad told him that he couldn’t, and he had tried a lot.

They put him on AP, which is a must for all males coming from Pakistan. His got his visa after 3 weeks.

My advice would be to send a letter to NVC, Exaggerating and telling them that you tried your best and have been waiting to get it. But the consulate has been very uncooperative. May be NVC will forward your case to Islamabad, in the mean time you might get your Russian certificate, and then can present it at the time e of the interview? Point is, even if you don’t get it, it is something not in your hands. You can tell that to the consular.

Good Luck

Timeline

Feisal bhai could you plz update the spreadsheet whenever you get the time w/ this info for us:

we got no call from the embassy whatsoever....but visa in hand on 11-14-2009 at 1:36pm pakistan time. And the call from speedex was at 12:15pm same day. :D

also...a question on tickets......what is best price-wise guys....PIA(which our agent tells us is all booked up economy for travel anytime in december....and I don't know how much it would cost to get seats other than economy), etihad, emirates or basically any other airline with just one stop in between plz...I cannot travel for very long periods right now.....any suggestions?????????? oh yeah and also....what about those pesky transit visas...what do we do about those...how would we get them, how much would they cost us n how long does it take to get them......and would I need one too despite my blue passport???

USCIS *CR-1*

02-17-09 : I-130 Sent

02-18-09 : Received

02-24-09 : NOA1

02-27-09 : NOA1 HC

03-16-09 : NOA2

NVC

04-08-09 : C# Assigned

04-10-09 : DS-3032/AOS GEN

04-12-09 : DS-3032 emailed

04-21-09 : DS-3032 accpt

04-21-09 : AOS PAID

04-21-09 : IV bill GEN

04-28-09 : IV bill PAID

05-11-09 : IV pkg sent(NVC)

05-13-09 : Delivered

05-15-09 : Review(RFE)

07-24-09 : AOS pkg sent to NVC

07-27-09 : Delivered

07-28-09 : Review (RFE)

08-12-09 : Review

08-18-09 : Sign in Failed

08-19-09 : case complete

09-01-09 : Interview Scheduled

Embassy

09-14-09 : Forward Case

09-15-09 : Medical

09-19-09 : Case Received

10-16-09 : Visa Interview

11-14-09 : V.I.H

11-27-09 : POE (JFK, NY) = 9m 10d^^

COMPLETE TIMELINE LOCATED HERE. CLICK ABOUT ME.

Ya Ali Madad!

7iQqm4.pngVRGfm4.png

94W4m4.pngCTWvm5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
Update : I called ISL today on Friday the 13th :) . They have already sent my passport and the visa packet today,I will pick it up as soon as AMEX calls either tomorrow (Sat) or Monday IA.

WOOHOOOOOOOO!!! YEA!! SO exciting!!! I hope you get it back tomorrow :) When will you fly now? I had just read your update that you hadn't heard anything, and now this :) Awesome! See! Everything always happens right when you think it won't ever happen! :D **concentrating on never getting our passport back in the mail** haha Mubarakkkk and no more yo-yo wedding dates, huh? :D When's it gonna be?

and yea, Russell Peters rocks! (Hey baybeeeeeeeeeee! Look at us, aren't we Coool? Aren't we just sooooo ... HIP?) lol

Hopeful! it IS a good friday! and Happy Almost Birthday! :D:) you're almost there!!!

I am already flying my body is in pakiland but up here (knocking on my head) i am already gone lol.And you are right things happen when u r least expecting em.Well now plan is back on :) i gotta get a flight by next wkend.....lol@Coo&HIP ...oh and call from the AMEX just blasted my mind lol.Hope everyone else get the same good news asap....

lol @ mind BLASTing! hahaha, GREAT news!! we're hoping to have my Omar pick his up a the Kabul Embassy by Friday! (wowowowow! soooooo excited!)

--------------------

OMAR & HALEY'S K-1 PROCESS

11/11/2008 - FILED I-129F

11/18/2008 - NOA1 RECEIVED

03/11/2009 - RECEIVED NOA2 (approved!)

03/19/2009 - NVC RECEIVED CASE FILE

04/01/2009 - NVC SENT CASE TO ISL EMBASSY

04/06/2009 - ISL EMBASSY RECEIVED CASE FILE

********* - NEVER RECEIVED PACKET 3.5 FROM ISL (called / emailed, no luck)

********* - CREATED OUR OWN PACKET WITH ITEMS THE ISL EMBASSY TOLD US IN EMAIL THAT THEY NEEDED

06/10/2009 - SUBMITTED PACKET 3.5 TO AMEX IN ISLAMABAD

06/16/2009 - RECEIVED INTERVIEW LETTER THROUGH AMEX IN ISLAMABAD

07/20/2009 - INTERVIEW (approved!) AP

10/12/2009 - 3 MONTHS OF AP COMPLETE...

10/21/2009 - CALL TO SUBMIT PASSPORT!

11/04/2009 - U.S. EMBASSY, ISLAMABAD RECIEVED PASSPORT IN MAIL (NOW UNDER FINAL REVIEW)

11/16/2009 - U.S. EMBASSY, ISLAMABAD MAILED PASSPORT W/ VISA TO U.S. EMBASSY KABUL

11/22/2009 - CALL TO PICK UP PASSPORT!

12/01/2009 - FLYING TO U.S.!!!!!!!!!

12/02/2009 - HE'S HERE!!! <3 <3 <3

12/07/2009 - MARRIED IN COLORADO! <3

12/20/2010 - APPLIED FOR SOCIAL SECURITY CARD

04/09/2010 - RECEIVED WORK AUTHORIZATION CARD IN THE MAIL!

06/20/2010 - DID SECOND INTERVIEW

08/10/2010 - RECEIVED 2-YEAR GREEN CARD!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

Timeline
OMARK & MumtazG,

I am assuming you guys will have some extra baggage with you when you move from Pakistan to USA for good. What would be the best and economical way to get that extra baggage to USA? I am planning to pay some extra $$ to airline for excessive baggage and take it with me. I might be having 2 30kg (70 Ibs) each of extra suitcases.

I will be just carrying 2 suitcases and a carry-on.Half of my stuff is already gone with my mom so i wouldnt know.I think you just pay the airline for xtra luggage.

Timeline

Mumtaz : PIA will be best for you since its a shorter route.Also check out emirates they good too ticket to LAX(online) is $1095.I will get my ticket on monday and will let you know.Wat visas are you talking about? You dont need any visas for connecting flights since you just be inside the airport.

Naz&Omi : Yes Insha Allah omar will get his passport by friday.So did you find any flights yet? How far is san diego from santa barbara? ... is it too hot during summer up there? bursh fire and all?

Timeline
Mumtaz : PIA will be best for you since its a shorter route.Also check out emirates they good too ticket to LAX(online) is $1095.I will get my ticket on monday and will let you know.Wat visas are you talking about? You dont need any visas for connecting flights since you just be inside the airport.

Naz&Omi : Yes Insha Allah omar will get his passport by friday.So did you find any flights yet? How far is san diego from santa barbara? ... is it too hot during summer up there? bursh fire and all?

i'm too excited to look at flights :-P haha.. if that makes sense? but yea :) I actually JUST moved from San Diego to Colorado (2 states away), but San Diego was about 10 or so hours (driving) from Santa Barbara. My sister used to live in Santa Barbara, and it's BEAUtiful! Is that where you're going to be? I actually just got out of the US Navy (military) yesterday! haha.. and so I prove 20 hours to Colorado yesterday too! **sigh** so tired! time to go to bed, but wow, you got 1 more day!

--------------------

********* - CREATED OUR OWN PACKET WITH ITEMS THE ISL EMBASSY TOLD US IN EMAIL THAT THEY NEEDED

11/04/2009 - U.S. EMBASSY, ISLAMABAD RECIEVED PASSPORT IN MAIL (NOW UNDER FINAL REVIEW)

11/16/2009 - U.S. EMBASSY, ISLAMABAD MAILED PASSPORT W/ VISA TO U.S. EMBASSY KABUL

--------------------

Timeline

i'm too excited to look at flights :-P haha.. if that makes sense? but yea :) I actually JUST moved from San Diego to Colorado (2 states away), but San Diego was about 10 or so hours (driving) from Santa Barbara. My sister used to live in Santa Barbara, and it's BEAUtiful! Is that where you're going to be? I actually just got out of the US Navy (military) yesterday! haha.. and so I prove 20 hours to Colorado yesterday too! **sigh** so tired! time to go to bed, but wow, you got 1 more day!

I have been to southern cali LA and Santa Monica but somehow i never really liked it there i am a east coast(NY) guy :) yes i will be in Santa Barbara for atleast a year since my fiancee is attending UCSB and working there.I will be commuting from SB to LA everyday since i have this gig lined up in LA i know its gonna be a pain but hey what a man gotta do what a man gotta do ( i said that in indian accent) lol ... as i am cooool and HIP...kidding :).Wheres Feisal he is missing all the action.

Timeline
I have been to southern cali LA and Santa Monica but somehow i never really liked it there i am a east coast(NY) guy :) yes i will be in Santa Barbara for atleast a year since my fiancee is attending UCSB and working there.I will be commuting from SB to LA everyday since i have this gig lined up in LA i know its gonna be a pain but hey what a man gotta do what a man gotta do ( i said that in indian accent) lol ... as i am cooool and HIP...kidding :).Wheres Feisal he is missing all the action.

haha.. oh, I'm dumb... for some reason, I was thinking San Francisco (that's why I said about 10 hour drive) but yea.. SanTA BARBARA **cough** is only about 2 1/2 hours from San Diego :-P and woah, that IS gonna be a pain!! but i guess if you're COOL and HIP then it's just a part of life, eh? and yea, I'm from East Coast also :D but down South, I didn't care for New York when I went (SO busy for a small town girl!) but yea, where IS Feisal?? hahaha

alright, goodnight ALL for real this time!

--------------------

--------------------

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

MUMTAZ - you dont need a transit visa for either you or hubby. You are not leaving the airport. If you plan to leave from your terminal where you will be waiting, then you would need one to pass through their immigration. For you, you can apply for them at the airport itself, but for him it would take time, and you really wouldnt have enough time to go out and explore if you only have a few hour layover. I checked Travelocity the other day and I was able to find lots of good flights to JFK from Lahore for about $650. With 2 stops of course, but still, it was a good price. But if you are looking to book in December, try to avoid weekend dates as they are more expensive, and if you check around from Orbitz, Travelocity, and Priceline, you may find a good price. I was seeing that one airline (I think Qatar Air) was offering $850 or so for flights to JFK from Lahore. Would arrive in the afternoon in JFK leaving Lahore at about 3am. Two stops. One in Qatar and one in France. There was another which was Bahrain and London. But, they are not very logn stops. I flew back to USA in Dec last yr and had only one stop in Manchester, and it was only 45 min. But the ticket cost me like 90,000 rs. Well, good luck to you and pray for me and Zaheer.

~Tara

Zaheer - 25 ; Tara - 26 ;

Married - 01/25/09; Stevie Zainab Ahmed - born 03-18-2010

OUR TIMELINE

03-18-2009 ----- Sent I-130 to USA

03-23-2009 ----- Father sent I-130 to USCIS

03-25-2009 ----- USCIS Received I-130

04-02-2009 ----- Money Order Cashed

04-13-2009 ----- NOA1 Received

04-27-2009 ----- USCIS Received I-129F packet

05-12-2009 ----- NOA1 for I-129F received

08-28-2009 ----- Approval Notices for I-130 and I-129F

09-15-2009 ----- Received Packet 3.5 from NVC

09-26-2009 ----- Sent Packet 3.5 to Embassy

09-30-2009 ----- Interview Appt Letter Received

10-13-2009 ----- Medical Exam @ 2:30pm in Lahore

10-26-2009 ----- Interview Scheduled

10-26-2009 ----- Embassy Closed, reschedule

11-02-2009 ----- Rescheduled Interview - Passed; AP

11-02-2009 ----- Administrative Processing Begins..........

04-23-2010 ----- AP Finished

04-24-2010 ----- Visa Arrives via SpeedEx

05-06-2010 ----- US Entry (Insha'Allah) JFK Airport POE

05-07-2010 ----- Flight from NY to West Palm Beach, FL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.