ALI555

Everyone going through Administrative Processing in ISLAMABAD

2,010 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
My fiance's visa is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow! :dance: :dance: :dance:

FEISAL, please update the tracker with visa in hand: Nov 10, 2009

Also, as Hopeful786 said, the best time to call DOS is 8:30 AM sharp, I find even if you call 8:28 AM, they are open, so try that as well. And ask questions like "so there are no updates since ----say the most current thing you know about your case--- ?" and then the conversation starts from there.

Everyone, JazakAllah for everything you have done for us, whether it was to offer support, advice, or duas, we appreciate everything! InshaAllah the next step is AOS!

Alhamdulilah!!!!! Yayyyyyy Marm!!!! Congradulationsss!!! May Allah (swt) continue blessing you as well as everyone else on any journey!

ticker.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats Marm!

FEISAL, Can you please add me to your tracker. I'm a Canadian citizen originally for Pakistan and had my CR-1 interview in Montreal on Aug 11 and find myself in AP as well - just found out today after calling DOS (Thanks to Marm!) since enbassy won't tell me about AP officially. They have my passport since just after the interview as I was asked to send in evidence of domicile that has been approved so only step to go is AP...hopefully a small one.

Good luck all!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Tracker has been Updated - Marm very happy for you it was a long AP considering the fact that things are moving along at a better place nowadays - u r finally done with the Roller Coaster ride :)

INK - U have been added sorry to hear about AP even with the Canadian passport- I guess ur Pakistani origins prompted the AP - hope it ends very soon.

N-400 Time

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey everyone. I called the DOS for the first time today. I spoke to a lady named Dana. She was very nice and everything I asked her she just kept saying "Sure, let me check. Sure let me check" And was very pleasant. Anyhow.. she said that the slips don't really matter and vary from case to case. She said there is nothing wrong with our case and that it is just pending Administrative Processing and that we should hear a call from the Embassy when visa is ready. I know its the same thing we already knew, but hearing it from her made it feel better. We called the embassy earlier today too, and they said yes our case is approved and that we don't need to have a blue, green, pink, or white colored slip. If they told us they would call, they will. So, he just said that we are in AP and expect it to be about 6-8wks. Thats better than nothing. Wish us luck people and pray for us. We went to Imam Sahib Darbar last night and asked for help with this. And also for the baby, of course. LoL. So.. good luck to you all and take care.

Zaheer - 25 ; Tara - 26 ;

Married - 01/25/09; Stevie Zainab Ahmed - born 03-18-2010

OUR TIMELINE

03-18-2009 ----- Sent I-130 to USA

03-23-2009 ----- Father sent I-130 to USCIS

03-25-2009 ----- USCIS Received I-130

04-02-2009 ----- Money Order Cashed

04-13-2009 ----- NOA1 Received

04-27-2009 ----- USCIS Received I-129F packet

05-12-2009 ----- NOA1 for I-129F received

08-28-2009 ----- Approval Notices for I-130 and I-129F

09-15-2009 ----- Received Packet 3.5 from NVC

09-26-2009 ----- Sent Packet 3.5 to Embassy

09-30-2009 ----- Interview Appt Letter Received

10-13-2009 ----- Medical Exam @ 2:30pm in Lahore

10-26-2009 ----- Interview Scheduled

10-26-2009 ----- Embassy Closed, reschedule

11-02-2009 ----- Rescheduled Interview - Passed; AP

11-02-2009 ----- Administrative Processing Begins..........

04-23-2010 ----- AP Finished

04-24-2010 ----- Visa Arrives via SpeedEx

05-06-2010 ----- US Entry (Insha'Allah) JFK Airport POE

05-07-2010 ----- Flight from NY to West Palm Beach, FL

Timeline

Can someone confirm for me if the embassy in Pak is open? I read on VJ that someone's wife interview date was nov 23 but embassy changed the interview date to dec 10 because of embassy being closed my husband's interview is nov 19 and no one has contacted us about change of date for the interview....

"All we really need to survive is the one person who truly loves us."

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Can someone confirm for me if the embassy in Pak is open? I read on VJ that someone's wife interview date was nov 23 but embassy changed the interview date to dec 10 because of embassy being closed my husband's interview is nov 19 and no one has contacted us about change of date for the interview....

I haven't heard anything. But if I were you I would ask the embassy about it directly. Call them at 92-51-208-2700. That is the best thing. Yes.. I have heard that people who's interview date is the 23rd have been rescheduled. Maybe it has to do with Thanksgiving? Remember, they are closed on US and Pakistani holidays.

~Tara

Zaheer - 25 ; Tara - 26 ;

Married - 01/25/09; Stevie Zainab Ahmed - born 03-18-2010

OUR TIMELINE

03-18-2009 ----- Sent I-130 to USA

03-23-2009 ----- Father sent I-130 to USCIS

03-25-2009 ----- USCIS Received I-130

04-02-2009 ----- Money Order Cashed

04-13-2009 ----- NOA1 Received

04-27-2009 ----- USCIS Received I-129F packet

05-12-2009 ----- NOA1 for I-129F received

08-28-2009 ----- Approval Notices for I-130 and I-129F

09-15-2009 ----- Received Packet 3.5 from NVC

09-26-2009 ----- Sent Packet 3.5 to Embassy

09-30-2009 ----- Interview Appt Letter Received

10-13-2009 ----- Medical Exam @ 2:30pm in Lahore

10-26-2009 ----- Interview Scheduled

10-26-2009 ----- Embassy Closed, reschedule

11-02-2009 ----- Rescheduled Interview - Passed; AP

11-02-2009 ----- Administrative Processing Begins..........

04-23-2010 ----- AP Finished

04-24-2010 ----- Visa Arrives via SpeedEx

05-06-2010 ----- US Entry (Insha'Allah) JFK Airport POE

05-07-2010 ----- Flight from NY to West Palm Beach, FL

Timeline

I haven't heard anything. But if I were you I would ask the embassy about it directly. Call them at 92-51-208-2700. That is the best thing. Yes.. I have heard that people who's interview date is the 23rd have been rescheduled. Maybe it has to do with Thanksgiving? Remember, they are closed on US and Pakistani holidays.

~Tara

Well if they are rescheduled people with nov 23 interviews I think my hubby should be ok.... his interview is nov 19.

Filed: Timeline
Hey everyone. I called the DOS for the first time today. I spoke to a lady named Dana. She was very nice and everything I asked her she just kept saying "Sure, let me check. Sure let me check" And was very pleasant. Anyhow.. she said that the slips don't really matter and vary from case to case. She said there is nothing wrong with our case and that it is just pending Administrative Processing and that we should hear a call from the Embassy when visa is ready. I know its the same thing we already knew, but hearing it from her made it feel better. We called the embassy earlier today too, and they said yes our case is approved and that we don't need to have a blue, green, pink, or white colored slip. If they told us they would call, they will. So, he just said that we are in AP and expect it to be about 6-8wks. Thats better than nothing. Wish us luck people and pray for us. We went to Imam Sahib Darbar last night and asked for help with this. And also for the baby, of course. LoL. So.. good luck to you all and take care.

WOW .... MashAllah you are very lucky sis ... i wish you best of luck and pray that Allah made your way more smooth and easy.

Thank you !

Timeline

just curious......will we still be receiving a call from the embassy when our case is done even if they had taken the passport at interview? it just seems that people only get calls when they are required to send in their passports....was wondering whether we would still get a call from the embassy twice...once letting us know visa is ready and lastly telling us to pick it up? or will we not get any such call and have to call the embassy ourselves hoping upon every hope that someone nice picks up and lets us know?

Going by the info on our spreadsheet I'm getting the feeling that the call to submit passport comes round-about a month from the interview and the day to pick up the passport comes 15-25 days after that....looking at the most recent (given) info about CR1's or IR1's in particular, that is...for example the people before Taj's (Kami and mzj). Although what puzzles me is Taj's case (which is the one right before ours) in which it has been 1 month and 18 days so far and no call...although they did take the passport at interview....so I get tempted to assume that in the next week or two (going by the recent spreadsheet info) she should be getting a call....what do you guys think???

USCIS *CR-1*

Service Center : California Service Center

02-17-09 : I-130 Sent

02-18-09 : Received

02-24-09 : NOA1

02-27-09 : NOA1 HC

03-16-09 : NOA2

NVC

04-08-09 : C# Assigned

04-10-09 : DS-3032/AOS GEN

04-12-09 : DS-3032 emailed

04-21-09 : DS-3032 accpt

04-21-09 : AOS PAID

04-21-09 : IV bill GEN

04-28-09 : IV bill PAID

05-11-09 : IV pkg sent(NVC)

05-13-09 : Delivered

05-15-09 : Review(RFE)

07-24-09 : AOS pkg sent to NVC

07-27-09 : Delivered

07-28-09 : Review (RFE)

08-12-09 : Review

08-18-09 : Sign in Failed

08-19-09 : case complete

09-01-09 : Interview Scheduled

Embassy

09-14-09 : Forward Case

09-15-09 : Medical

09-19-09 : Case Received

10-16-09 : Visa Interview

11-14-09 : V.I.H

11-27-09 : POE (JFK, NY) = 9m 10d^^

COMPLETE TIMELINE LOCATED HERE. CLICK ABOUT ME.

Ya Ali Madad!

7iQqm4.pngVRGfm4.png

94W4m4.pngCTWvm5.png

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
just curious......will we still be receiving a call from the embassy when our case is done even if they had taken the passport at interview? it just seems that people only get calls when they are required to send in their passports....was wondering whether we would still get a call from the embassy twice...once letting us know visa is ready and lastly telling us to pick it up? or will we not get any such call and have to call the embassy ourselves hoping upon every hope that someone nice picks up and lets us know?

Going by the info on our spreadsheet I'm getting the feeling that the call to submit passport comes round-about a month from the interview and the day to pick up the passport comes 15-25 days after that....looking at the most recent (given) info about CR1's or IR1's in particular, that is...for example the people before Taj's (Kami and mzj). Although what puzzles me is Taj's case (which is the one right before ours) in which it has been 1 month and 18 days so far and no call...although they did take the passport at interview....so I get tempted to assume that in the next week or two (going by the recent spreadsheet info) she should be getting a call....what do you guys think???

If you are in Islamabad, you get call from AmEx to pickup your passport with visa documents. I am not sure how does it work in other cities where they do not have AmEx.

Timeline

WOW .... MashAllah you are very lucky sis ... i wish you best of luck and pray that Allah made your way more smooth and easy.

Thank you !

Thank you brother!!! I hope you and Brenda are together soon!!!

Timeline

I'm in Sialkot....we have speedex here...I'm assuming they'll call us from there. Mostly because my husband has a few good friends working their who are keeping a eye out for his passport to arrive...so hopefully we get the call soon.

But again....what does everyone think about the second part of my post? Hot or cold?:

REPOST:

"Going by the info on our spreadsheet I'm getting the feeling that the call to submit passport comes round-about a month from the interview and the day to pick up the passport comes 15-25 days after that....looking at the most recent (given) info about CR1's or IR1's in particular, that is...for example the people before Taj's (Kami and mzj). Although what puzzles me is Taj's case (which is the one right before ours) in which it has been 1 month and 18 days so far and no call...although they did take the passport at interview....so I get tempted to assume that in the next week or two (going by the recent spreadsheet info) she should be getting a call....what do you guys think???"

USCIS *CR-1*

Service Center : California Service Center

02-17-09 : I-130 Sent

02-18-09 : Received

02-24-09 : NOA1

02-27-09 : NOA1 HC

03-16-09 : NOA2

NVC

04-08-09 : C# Assigned

04-10-09 : DS-3032/AOS GEN

04-12-09 : DS-3032 emailed

04-21-09 : DS-3032 accpt

04-21-09 : AOS PAID

04-21-09 : IV bill GEN

04-28-09 : IV bill PAID

05-11-09 : IV pkg sent(NVC)

05-13-09 : Delivered

05-15-09 : Review(RFE)

07-24-09 : AOS pkg sent to NVC

07-27-09 : Delivered

07-28-09 : Review (RFE)

08-12-09 : Review

08-18-09 : Sign in Failed

08-19-09 : case complete

09-01-09 : Interview Scheduled

Embassy

09-14-09 : Forward Case

09-15-09 : Medical

09-19-09 : Case Received

10-16-09 : Visa Interview

11-14-09 : V.I.H

11-27-09 : POE (JFK, NY) = 9m 10d^^

COMPLETE TIMELINE LOCATED HERE. CLICK ABOUT ME.

Ya Ali Madad!

7iQqm4.pngVRGfm4.png

94W4m4.pngCTWvm5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Omark, any updates? We got an email on Monday (the 9th) that my fiance will receive his passport within 2 weeks from the Kabul Embassy! :) It's gotta get mailed back to the US Embassy in Kabul from ISL, so I figured YOU should be getting yours this week! Let me know! And yea, wedding date twins, aren't we?? :D Did you end up finding a ticket? Man.. I can't wait until the fat lady sings after we get through POE!

Hopeful any updates? InshAllah everyone hears SOMEthing soon! I've given up calling DOS completely! haha... I'll let you know what we find out next week!

--------------------

OMAR & HALEY'S K-1 PROCESS

11/11/2008 - FILED I-129F

11/18/2008 - NOA1 RECEIVED

03/11/2009 - RECEIVED NOA2 (approved!)

03/19/2009 - NVC RECEIVED CASE FILE

04/01/2009 - NVC SENT CASE TO ISL EMBASSY

04/06/2009 - ISL EMBASSY RECEIVED CASE FILE

********* - NEVER RECEIVED PACKET 3.5 FROM ISL (called / emailed, no luck)

********* - CREATED OUR OWN PACKET WITH ITEMS THE ISL EMBASSY TOLD US IN EMAIL THAT THEY NEEDED

06/10/2009 - SUBMITTED PACKET 3.5 TO AMEX IN ISLAMABAD

06/16/2009 - RECEIVED INTERVIEW LETTER THROUGH AMEX IN ISLAMABAD

07/20/2009 - INTERVIEW (approved!) AP

10/12/2009 - 3 MONTHS OF AP COMPLETE...

10/21/2009 - CALL TO SUBMIT PASSPORT!

11/04/2009 - U.S. EMBASSY, ISLAMABAD RECIEVED PASSPORT IN MAIL (NOW UNDER FINAL REVIEW)

11/16/2009 - U.S. EMBASSY, ISLAMABAD MAILED PASSPORT W/ VISA TO U.S. EMBASSY KABUL

11/22/2009 - CALL TO PICK UP PASSPORT!

12/01/2009 - FLYING TO U.S.!!!!!!!!!

12/02/2009 - HE'S HERE!!! <3 <3 <3

12/07/2009 - MARRIED IN COLORADO! <3

12/20/2010 - APPLIED FOR SOCIAL SECURITY CARD

04/09/2010 - RECEIVED WORK AUTHORIZATION CARD IN THE MAIL!

06/20/2010 - DID SECOND INTERVIEW

08/10/2010 - RECEIVED 2-YEAR GREEN CARD!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

So this is the response I got everyone... alhamdulilahh I hope all goes well insha'Alllah!!

November 13, 2009

Dear Madam,

This is in response to your email concerning your fiance nonimmigrant visa application.

The application is undergoing necessary administrative processing as part of the visa issuance and printing process.

It is difficult to predict the amount of time that administrative processing process will take, but please rest assured that we are handling your case as expeditiously as possible. We recognize that this process can be frustrating for applicants, and regret any inconvenience. We are making several procedural changes in an attempt to make this process less onerous.

Once the administrative processing is complete, we will contact you.

We hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. To serve you better, we suggest that you email further inquiries to us at paknivquery@state.gov.

Sincerely,

Nonimmigrant Visa Unit

November 13, 2009

Thank you all for your duas, even this is a blessing for me! and insha'Allah our blessings will increase by time!!

Edited by Hopeful786

ticker.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Naz&Omi : I called ISL on Nov 3rd and i was told to wait for few days to receive my passport ,but since then no news havent heard anything from them yet.Acoording to DOS visa was issued on Oct 30th. I even e-mailed ISL but nothing,nada,zilch no response :) like russel peters says NOTHING IS COMING ....lol ( you should watch him).Our wedding date is been like a Yoyo keep changing , In my opinion after the interview and if the visa is approved it takes 2 weeks to receive passport if they keep it and in my case they did so i m hoping to hear something from ISL next week Insha Allah.

I checked expedia and travelocity,i found some good deals but i haven't booked anything yet....... I m hopping to see the fat lady sing and dance ASAP :)

MumtazG38 : I dont think ISL calls to let you know when passport is ready to be sent ya gotta be keep calling them urself.....Good Luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.