ALI555

Everyone going through Administrative Processing in ISLAMABAD

2,010 posts in this topic

Everyone, I need some help and information please!

My fiance's UK student visa is expiring on Nov 30, 09 as most of you know, and we have decided that whether he gets the K-1 issued from London or not, he MUST leave the UK by Nov 30, 09 permanently to Pakistan. Our questions if anyone can please help us out:

1) My fiance lives in Karachi, so if the US Embassy in London transfers his pending K-1 to Islamabad, how will my fiance send his passport from Karachi to Islamabad to get his visa? Will he have to go to Islamabad just to get his visa issued or there is some courier service used by the embassy for Karachi to Islamabad?

2) Does anyone have any information about transferring embassies?

Thanks in advance!

-MARM

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Everyone, I need some help and information please!

My fiance's UK student visa is expiring on Nov 30, 09 as most of you know, and we have decided that whether he gets the K-1 issued from London or not, he MUST leave the UK by Nov 30, 09 permanently to Pakistan. Our questions if anyone can please help us out:

1) My fiance lives in Karachi, so if the US Embassy in London transfers his pending K-1 to Islamabad, how will my fiance send his passport from Karachi to Islamabad to get his visa? Will he have to go to Islamabad just to get his visa issued or there is some courier service used by the embassy for Karachi to Islamabad?

2) Does anyone have any information about transferring embassies?

Thanks in advance!

-MARM

Thats no problem marm,he will have to mail it using american express courier service in karachi all he has to do just take his passport there they do the rest and embassy will get the passport next day i m sure it will be mailed to non-immigrant visa unit.Did your fiance already request to transfer his case to ISL?I m not sure how it works,maybe DOS can tell you what to do...good luck.

Thats no problem marm,he will have to mail it using american express courier service in karachi all he has to do just take his passport there they do the rest and embassy will get the passport next day i m sure it will be mailed to non-immigrant visa unit.Did your fiance already request to transfer his case to ISL?I m not sure how it works,maybe DOS can tell you what to do...good luck.

No he did not already request the transfer of his case from London to Islamabad, we are trying to find out but no one is giving us any answers at the moment. DOS reps all say different things, London is not responding to our emails, and the Senators and Congressman have not responded yet, so we are still looking for the information on how to transfer the case.

Thanks for the info about the American Express courier service. I am just afraid about this whole transferring case thing, I just wish London completes it.

Another question everyone...What is the best way to contact the embassy in Islamabad?

I want to contact them regarding asking them to accept my fiance's case transfer from London, what email address should I write to or should I just call them? Please let me know the email and phone, I have checked the website, but there are a couple of email addresses and phone #s listed there so I am confused.

Thanks in advance!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Another question everyone...What is the best way to contact the embassy in Islamabad?

I want to contact them regarding asking them to accept my fiance's case transfer from London, what email address should I write to or should I just call them? Please let me know the email and phone, I have checked the website, but there are a couple of email addresses and phone #s listed there so I am confused.

Thanks in advance!

The best way to contact Islamabad is by phone or email. You can call them at 92-51-208-2700, that is the best way to contact them. I dont have the email memorized, but it would be PAKNIVINFO@ something or other. So check it out. Good luck with you, and yes, the American Express office in Karachi would send it directly to Islamabad for you, you dont even need the address. Ok, take care, Good Luck.

~Tara

Zaheer - 25 ; Tara - 26 ;

Married - 01/25/09; Stevie Zainab Ahmed - born 03-18-2010

OUR TIMELINE

03-18-2009 ----- Sent I-130 to USA

03-23-2009 ----- Father sent I-130 to USCIS

03-25-2009 ----- USCIS Received I-130

04-02-2009 ----- Money Order Cashed

04-13-2009 ----- NOA1 Received

04-27-2009 ----- USCIS Received I-129F packet

05-12-2009 ----- NOA1 for I-129F received

08-28-2009 ----- Approval Notices for I-130 and I-129F

09-15-2009 ----- Received Packet 3.5 from NVC

09-26-2009 ----- Sent Packet 3.5 to Embassy

09-30-2009 ----- Interview Appt Letter Received

10-13-2009 ----- Medical Exam @ 2:30pm in Lahore

10-26-2009 ----- Interview Scheduled

10-26-2009 ----- Embassy Closed, reschedule

11-02-2009 ----- Rescheduled Interview - Passed; AP

11-02-2009 ----- Administrative Processing Begins..........

04-23-2010 ----- AP Finished

04-24-2010 ----- Visa Arrives via SpeedEx

05-06-2010 ----- US Entry (Insha'Allah) JFK Airport POE

05-07-2010 ----- Flight from NY to West Palm Beach, FL

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Ok, now I have a question. When we called the day after our interview, we asked the officer at Islamabad what happens to our papers now? He said he cant tell us the process or procedure from here on as it is complicated. So I asked "Do I need to call the DOS in USA to get status....?" and he said "No, no, you call us directly." So I am confused. Why do some people call DOS? Why did he tell me not to? What does this mean for my case? They didn't give us any slip, no 221g, no forms.. just told us all our papers are in order and that the officer believes our intentions to return to usa re legitimate and for the best. Then he gave us back the passport, told us that we are in AP and there is no definite time, just avg 2-3 months could be shorter or longer. Gave us a list of approved courier agents and a sticker identical to the one on the back f our passport that he put, and then sent us home. So, what gives? Any ideas guys? When I asked about the sticker, he said we need it to pick up the passport again at AmEx office. So, if anyone has an idea please tell me. Thanks a bunch.

~Tara Ahmed

Allahu Akbar

Zaheer - 25 ; Tara - 26 ;

Married - 01/25/09; Stevie Zainab Ahmed - born 03-18-2010

OUR TIMELINE

03-18-2009 ----- Sent I-130 to USA

03-23-2009 ----- Father sent I-130 to USCIS

03-25-2009 ----- USCIS Received I-130

04-02-2009 ----- Money Order Cashed

04-13-2009 ----- NOA1 Received

04-27-2009 ----- USCIS Received I-129F packet

05-12-2009 ----- NOA1 for I-129F received

08-28-2009 ----- Approval Notices for I-130 and I-129F

09-15-2009 ----- Received Packet 3.5 from NVC

09-26-2009 ----- Sent Packet 3.5 to Embassy

09-30-2009 ----- Interview Appt Letter Received

10-13-2009 ----- Medical Exam @ 2:30pm in Lahore

10-26-2009 ----- Interview Scheduled

10-26-2009 ----- Embassy Closed, reschedule

11-02-2009 ----- Rescheduled Interview - Passed; AP

11-02-2009 ----- Administrative Processing Begins..........

04-23-2010 ----- AP Finished

04-24-2010 ----- Visa Arrives via SpeedEx

05-06-2010 ----- US Entry (Insha'Allah) JFK Airport POE

05-07-2010 ----- Flight from NY to West Palm Beach, FL

Timeline

Marm : Its best if you call them along with e-mailing them here is the info. I dont think it should be an issue in transfering, as a matter of fact embassy in London should automatically transfer it to where ever the applicant resides.

PAKIVINFO@STATE.GOV

051-208-2700 ( 12:30 pm - 3:30pm pst )

Tara : Green letter i received from the CO says to contact them for any updates.But i still called DOS at first instead of calling ISL and they told me to contact the embassy they both always had the same info about my case.In my opinion calling the embassy is better since it is also instructed by CO.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
Marm : Its best if you call them along with e-mailing them here is the info. I dont think it should be an issue in transfering, as a matter of fact embassy in London should automatically transfer it to where ever the applicant resides.

PAKIVINFO@STATE.GOV

051-208-2700 ( 12:30 pm - 3:30pm pst )

Tara : Green letter i received from the CO says to contact them for any updates.But i still called DOS at first instead of calling ISL and they told me to contact the embassy they both always had the same info about my case.In my opinion calling the embassy is better since it is also instructed by CO.

Omark, I have gotten to the point where I would NEVER recommend calling DOS. Always contact the embassy!! They answer quickly and truthfully! The day that my Omar got the call asking him to submit his passport for the visa, I called DOS and they said "still pending". On the day that we got an email from the embassy saying they'd recieved my fiance's passport in the mail and he was now under final reivew, I called DOS and "still pending". I would not call them again if my life depended on it. :-P I hope this final review doesn't take very long now, have you heard any word yet? I wish my fiance was in Pakistan so he could just pick up the visa instead of having to wait for them to send it back to him!! **AHH!!** :D

God bless everyone here who's still waiting, and praise God for those in this Forum who know what they are talking about and can help people with their worrying! :)

Feisal, have you heard anything yet?

--------------------

OMAR & HALEY'S K-1 PROCESS

11/11/2008 - FILED I-129F

11/18/2008 - NOA1 RECEIVED

03/11/2009 - RECEIVED NOA2 (approved!)

03/19/2009 - NVC RECEIVED CASE FILE

04/01/2009 - NVC SENT CASE TO ISL EMBASSY

04/06/2009 - ISL EMBASSY RECEIVED CASE FILE

********* - NEVER RECEIVED PACKET 3.5 FROM ISL (called / emailed, no luck)

********* - CREATED OUR OWN PACKET WITH ITEMS THE ISL EMBASSY TOLD US IN EMAIL THAT THEY NEEDED

06/10/2009 - SUBMITTED PACKET 3.5 TO AMEX IN ISLAMABAD

06/16/2009 - RECEIVED INTERVIEW LETTER THROUGH AMEX IN ISLAMABAD

07/20/2009 - INTERVIEW (approved!) AP

10/12/2009 - 3 MONTHS OF AP COMPLETE...

10/21/2009 - CALL TO SUBMIT PASSPORT!

11/04/2009 - U.S. EMBASSY, ISLAMABAD RECIEVED PASSPORT IN MAIL (NOW UNDER FINAL REVIEW)

11/16/2009 - U.S. EMBASSY, ISLAMABAD MAILED PASSPORT W/ VISA TO U.S. EMBASSY KABUL

11/22/2009 - CALL TO PICK UP PASSPORT!

12/01/2009 - FLYING TO U.S.!!!!!!!!!

12/02/2009 - HE'S HERE!!! <3 <3 <3

12/07/2009 - MARRIED IN COLORADO! <3

12/20/2010 - APPLIED FOR SOCIAL SECURITY CARD

04/09/2010 - RECEIVED WORK AUTHORIZATION CARD IN THE MAIL!

06/20/2010 - DID SECOND INTERVIEW

08/10/2010 - RECEIVED 2-YEAR GREEN CARD!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

Timeline
Yes thats what i will do .....I also checked out emirates and its 1000 bux 18 hrs flight duration.....but cathay sounds ok as well i have never flown thru that route........ i hate long flights but i m so used to now to wait after the AP, if i can wait 109 days 25 hrs are nothing :) ... thanx again.

Omark, when I was looking for flights to LAX for my Omar, I wanted him to fly west coast so I could meet him in POE (I live in San Diego, CA). I went to expedia.com and found multiple tickets from Dubai to LAX through Air China" for only $600. I don't know how much it would cost you to get to Dubai (I'm sure around $200-$300), but just so you know, it's not impossible to get a good deal that way! :) BEST of luck!! We're right behind you and Feisal's right behind us!

--------------------

********* - CREATED OUR OWN PACKET WITH ITEMS THE ISL EMBASSY TOLD US IN EMAIL THAT THEY NEEDED

11/04/2009 - U.S. EMBASSY, ISLAMABAD RECIEVED PASSPORT IN MAIL (NOW UNDER FINAL REVIEW)

11/16/2009 - U.S. EMBASSY, ISLAMABAD MAILED PASSPORT W/ VISA TO U.S. EMBASSY KABUL

--------------------

Timeline
Hey we're right behind you too! lol

hahaha.. I think each of us are focusing on the one right in front of us :) it helps me :) have happy hearts, brothers and sisters, distance makes the heart grow fonder for those who truly love one another :) this is a blessing for us!

--------------------

--------------------

OK, so I made sure quite a few times before I decided to post the good news here (especially since last time it was a lie, so I didn't want to get my hopes up too soon):

My fiance received clearance from DOS today. He received an email from the London IV unit (the email address was not from LondonConsular@state.gov, it was from LondonIV@state.gov) saying that they received clearance today for him and that "we will issue your visa shortly and send it with the courier in the next few days". Now to confirm this, I called DOS in the morning (15 minute wait :wacko: ) and the DOS rep told me "pending" and then I asked her whether the system shows anything about receiving a clearance from DOS for my fiance and I told her about the email he received, and she confirmed that yes it is INDEED TRUE :yes:. And then again, (call it Obsessive-Compulsive if you want :) ) I called DOS again just now (only 3 minute wait!) and the DOS rep told me that it is still pending and then I asked her again about whether the system shows up his clearance and I narrated the email to her and she also confirmed that yes that is correct, DOS gave clearance for him today. And then I decided to quiz her because I wanted to know why it showed pending when the London emailed me with their intention to issue the visa, she told me that DOS will continue to say "pending" until the visa is actually printed. So even if someone was approved at the interview and the embassy says (like in London's case) that they will send the visa within 5 working days, if you call DOS after your interview, they will say pending because as she told me "its not over until it is really over" meaning until it is physically in the passport, they cannot say issued. So this is the info she gave me and she also said the embassy knows first before DOS, even though DOS gave the clearance, but in the case of printing the visa, the embassy will make a note in the system and then she can say "visa issued". But yes, he has received clearance from DOS :dance: :dance: :dance:

ALHAMDULILLAH!!!

We are hoping and holding our breaths until he actually receives the visa in hand. We hope it is the beginning of this coming week InshaAllah. Still praying and hoping....

Timeline
Naz&Omi : I am following you and u know i was checking your timeline and its just like mine.....when did u say u getting married?????? 28th ?? well guess what our date so far is 29th ....lol a day after. Feisal bro is waiting for all of us to get outta pakiland then he will join us in the US ....kidding...and yes hopeful786 is next .............all the best wishes and prayers for you guys...God Bless

Timeline
OK, so I made sure quite a few times before I decided to post the good news here (especially since last time it was a lie, so I didn't want to get my hopes up too soon):

My fiance received clearance from DOS today. He received an email from the London IV unit (the email address was not from LondonConsular@state.gov, it was from LondonIV@state.gov) saying that they received clearance today for him and that "we will issue your visa shortly and send it with the courier in the next few days". Now to confirm this, I called DOS in the morning (15 minute wait :wacko: ) and the DOS rep told me "pending" and then I asked her whether the system shows anything about receiving a clearance from DOS for my fiance and I told her about the email he received, and she confirmed that yes it is INDEED TRUE :yes:. And then again, (call it Obsessive-Compulsive if you want :) ) I called DOS again just now (only 3 minute wait!) and the DOS rep told me that it is still pending and then I asked her again about whether the system shows up his clearance and I narrated the email to her and she also confirmed that yes that is correct, DOS gave clearance for him today. And then I decided to quiz her because I wanted to know why it showed pending when the London emailed me with their intention to issue the visa, she told me that DOS will continue to say "pending" until the visa is actually printed. So even if someone was approved at the interview and the embassy says (like in London's case) that they will send the visa within 5 working days, if you call DOS after your interview, they will say pending because as she told me "its not over until it is really over" meaning until it is physically in the passport, they cannot say issued. So this is the info she gave me and she also said the embassy knows first before DOS, even though DOS gave the clearance, but in the case of printing the visa, the embassy will make a note in the system and then she can say "visa issued". But yes, he has received clearance from DOS :dance: :dance: :dance:

ALHAMDULILLAH!!!

We are hoping and holding our breaths until he actually receives the visa in hand. We hope it is the beginning of this coming week InshaAllah. Still praying and hoping....

Oh wow Marm Congratulations!!!!!!!!! very Berry happy for you guys...great news you deserve it. and lol@Obsessive Compulsive behavior i actually did the same called dos few times to make sure what they are telling me is true and next morning called ISL to make sure i got the visa...I am still waiting for my passport and i know its not over till the fat lady sings :) ....once again Mubaraak!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.