ALI555

Everyone going through Administrative Processing in ISLAMABAD

2,010 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Om everyone. Zaheer had his interview on Nov 2nd. We were able to call and reschedule the rescheduled interview date. Thanks to Allah. Anyhow, we originally were scheduled for interview on Oct 26 but because of the closure of the Shuttle service and embassy, we were unable to do anything after driving from Sialkot to Islamabad and waiting. Even after all that, they rescheduled us for Nov 23rd. I was so worried because of being pregnant, so I waited a few days and called the embassy and asked them to please consider the situation and I have been in PK for almost a yr now. So the guy said "Ok, can you come Monday? The 2nd?" and i said "Yes definitely!" and he said "Ok, you guys are good to come Monday then." so We arrived at the shuttle service at 5 am, then slept a bit and then they let us in at 6am. Zaheer had a friend who works there so he was able to get us the very first token so we didn't have to wait in line and we were in some fancy little lounge area that I never saw before. Leather seats and free refreshments. Swanky stuff I guess. So, we went through the security and didnt even have to wait in the cold, we just went through indoor security and straight onto this little van type bus thingie. It had leather seats and heat and it was much better than that other shuttle we always go on. So, anyhow we arrived at the Embassy and they wouldnt let us off the bus yet because it was only 7:10am. They said we had to wait til 7:20. So we did then we were the first group of people in line. They let the Non-immigrant people go in first then they let us go through security. But, when we got there, the security guy wouldn't let Zaheer in because his letter said that his interview was for Oct 26th. But we tried to explain that we rescheduled it so he said that wait until 8am then you can go explain it to them and they can check it in the system. He made us sit on a bench in the cold. There were about 4 other ppl in the same situation that came from Afghanistan. They rescheduled too and had to wait. So, after about 10 min, I took my passport waved it at the guy and he let me in. I went in, through security and explained to the man in there that my husband was here for a rescheduled interview. He asked his name and I told him and he said "We will check it in the computer and they will let him in." So I went inside the embassy. I waited for a min, then realized that I could be waiting for a while. So I asked the guy at the door if he spoke English. The guard said no. So i did my best to ask him in Punjabi if he can answer a few questions. So he nodded. I asked him that if my husband had to reschedule his appointment, how will the officers know he is here? Will he automatically be in teh computer? Or how will they know to call him up to the window for interview? So he explained that first he will get fingerprinted and that will enter him in the system then they will have his file ready to interview him. I felt much better then I asked if I could go back outside to sit with him and he let me go. So I told Zaheer everything. Just about 5-10 min later another guard waved us in. Directed us to Fingerprints, then Zaheer came out and we went to sit in the ever filling room. Finally, the good part.

After like an hour of waiting, he was getting antsy as to why they hadn't even called him to the cashier yet. After the called the last of the Afghani rescheduled ppl, they called his name to pay his bill. The cashier didn't want to take his $1 bill because it had a black smudge on it from being in his leather wallet for over a year. Finally, he accepted it. Then we sat. After about 20-30 min, they called us to submit his medical. Then they asked us a couple questions. Mostly just curious about me being there. But everyone was real nice. Then he said to sit and we would get called shortly. After just about 10 min, they called Zaheer to the window for his interview. They took his oath. Zaheer had said he wanted to be interviewed in English, so we had a white guy. He was nice. He said hi to me too. Then he asked Zaheer "How did you two meet?" but he was looking at me. So I said "Oh, well..." then he pointed at Zaheer and laughed and said "No, him. Im sorry, I know I was looking at you." so he said "Oh, we met on Myspace but really our two friends were friends and they used to make us call each other to inform the other's spouse that they needed to talk" so he said "Didnt they have phones?" and he said "Yeah, but their families were against them." so he asked Zaheer "How long has your wife been here?" and he said "Since Aug 14, 2008" and they guy looked at him , shocked. Then looked at me and said "You've been here that long?" and I said "No, I went back in December for a few weeks and came back this January. I have been here since THEN." And he said "Oh ok. Still thats a long time." and Zaheer told him about how I am learning punjabi, and that I am pregnant, and gave him a list of our evidence in case he wanted something specific. He just asked us some normal questions which just felt like he was talking to us, not interviewing us. Then he said "Well, according to your papers, you meet all the requirements and all is good. I strongly believe your intentions to go to America are good and for the best. The only problem was that if you had been here since August, you wouldn't have been able to file for him because as the petitioner you have to prove domicile in the USA. And if you have been in PK for over a year, you lose that domicile and have to prove domicile by going to USA and stuff." then he said "Im gonna give you back some of your papers" (originals) and then he said "Here's your passport back, now, there is an automatic Administrative Processing, it;s Standard. There is no way for me to tell you how long it will be. Average time is about 2-3 months. It can be much shorter or much longer, no way to tell. But, when we call you, bring your Passport to this Speedex office in Sialkot (showed us paper), and send it to us. We will send yuo the passport back with the visa in it." So. Basically, that is what happened. He didn't give us any kind of green, pink, or white slip. He just gave us the passport with a purple sticker on the back, and another attached to the Approved Courier list. That's it. We called the embassy today just to make sure we didn't somehow get denied and just missed why we didnt get a slip. the guy said "No, your file says approved." So I asked why the guy behind us (Afghani guy) got a green slip stating that his Administrative Process would be 6wks to no max. And he said "It doesn't really matter who gets them and who doesn't. Its the same thing." So.. that was what happened. Any feedback would be appreciated. We are happy to finally get it behind us. Feisal bhai, please add us to the AP List. Take care all and pray for us and we will pray for you all to get yours soon. Allah Hafiz.

~Tara

Zaheer - 25 ; Tara - 26 ;

Married - 01/25/09; Stevie Zainab Ahmed - born 03-18-2010

OUR TIMELINE

03-18-2009 ----- Sent I-130 to USA

03-23-2009 ----- Father sent I-130 to USCIS

03-25-2009 ----- USCIS Received I-130

04-02-2009 ----- Money Order Cashed

04-13-2009 ----- NOA1 Received

04-27-2009 ----- USCIS Received I-129F packet

05-12-2009 ----- NOA1 for I-129F received

08-28-2009 ----- Approval Notices for I-130 and I-129F

09-15-2009 ----- Received Packet 3.5 from NVC

09-26-2009 ----- Sent Packet 3.5 to Embassy

09-30-2009 ----- Interview Appt Letter Received

10-13-2009 ----- Medical Exam @ 2:30pm in Lahore

10-26-2009 ----- Interview Scheduled

10-26-2009 ----- Embassy Closed, reschedule

11-02-2009 ----- Rescheduled Interview - Passed; AP

11-02-2009 ----- Administrative Processing Begins..........

04-23-2010 ----- AP Finished

04-24-2010 ----- Visa Arrives via SpeedEx

05-06-2010 ----- US Entry (Insha'Allah) JFK Airport POE

05-07-2010 ----- Flight from NY to West Palm Beach, FL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

HUGE congrats Omar!!!!!!!!!!! About time too ^_^!!!

And Tara....I guess it really doesn't make a difference how pregnant we are now does it. AP is a must....no if's about it eh? Oh well.....inshallah AP will be over soon for the both of us! I'll be praying for the two of you. :D

USCIS *CR-1*

Service Center : California Service Center

02-17-09 : I-130 Sent

02-18-09 : Received

02-24-09 : NOA1

02-27-09 : NOA1 HC

03-16-09 : NOA2

NVC

04-08-09 : C# Assigned

04-10-09 : DS-3032/AOS GEN

04-12-09 : DS-3032 emailed

04-21-09 : DS-3032 accpt

04-21-09 : AOS PAID

04-21-09 : IV bill GEN

04-28-09 : IV bill PAID

05-11-09 : IV pkg sent(NVC)

05-13-09 : Delivered

05-15-09 : Review(RFE)

07-24-09 : AOS pkg sent to NVC

07-27-09 : Delivered

07-28-09 : Review (RFE)

08-12-09 : Review

08-18-09 : Sign in Failed

08-19-09 : case complete

09-01-09 : Interview Scheduled

Embassy

09-14-09 : Forward Case

09-15-09 : Medical

09-19-09 : Case Received

10-16-09 : Visa Interview

11-14-09 : V.I.H

11-27-09 : POE (JFK, NY) = 9m 10d^^

COMPLETE TIMELINE LOCATED HERE. CLICK ABOUT ME.

Ya Ali Madad!

7iQqm4.pngVRGfm4.png

94W4m4.pngCTWvm5.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My fellow VJers Thank you for all the support, insights, and help you have provided me over the past 4 months.Also thank you for keeping me in your prayers and thoughts.This is a long journey and i will still be updating as my journey progresses using this thread....Thank you guys again from me and my fiancee, wishing you guys a short AP & tons of luck....God Speed.

Omar & Mariam's K-1 Timeline.

11/18/2008 - FILED I-129F

11/24/2008 - NOA1 RECEIVED

04/03/2009 - RECEIVED NOA2 (approved!)

04/14/2009 - NVC RECEIVED CASE FILE

05/26/2009 – RECEIVED PACKET 3.5

06/09/2009 - SUBMITTED PACKET 3.5 TO AMEX.

06/16/2009 - RECEIVED INTERVIEW LETTER

07/14/2009 - INTERVIEW (approved!) AP

10/30/2009 – VISA ISSUED ( Total number of days in AP 109 including weekends and holidays).

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
HUGE congrats Omar!!!!!!!!!!! About time too ^_^!!!

And Tara....I guess it really doesn't make a difference how pregnant we are now does it. AP is a must....no if's about it eh? Oh well.....inshallah AP will be over soon for the both of us! I'll be praying for the two of you. :D

Thanks Amna. Yeah, I know. Totally doesn't matter how pregnant we are. It was funny though. There were all these Afghani girls in there sitting in front of us and Zaheer was getting uncomfortable because they kept looking at him and giggling. And he thought they are making fun of him or talking about him or something, then after like 15-20 min of this, finally one asked him "May I see your photo album please?" because he was holding our wedding album in his lap. So he said "Sure" and gave it to her and they all gathered around that one girl and started gushing over our pics. We felt relieved because we didn't know what was going on at first. So, it was cute. Anyhow.. I am praying constantly and Insha'Allah, Zaheer and I will go to Imam Sahib Darbar tonight to pray. Do you want to go with us? If you send me a PM or regular message I will give you my phone number. Wow! There is a mouse trying to steal my Oreos! Sorry, got a little startled, he is sitting on the mousepad trying to eat my Oreos. Little sneak. Anyhow, my email is Punjabi_Gori786@yahoo.com. Take care my friend, and good luck in this waiting game as well. And Good luck to all of you out there in AP-Land. Insha'Allah, we will soon be finished with all of this and can look back at it from our nice homes in USA and think... "Hmm.. remember that time when we were desperate about AP?" Ok, take care all.. breakfast time. Really missing IHOP right now. :crying: PEACE

~Tara

Zaheer - 25 ; Tara - 26 ;

Married - 01/25/09; Stevie Zainab Ahmed - born 03-18-2010

OUR TIMELINE

03-18-2009 ----- Sent I-130 to USA

03-23-2009 ----- Father sent I-130 to USCIS

03-25-2009 ----- USCIS Received I-130

04-02-2009 ----- Money Order Cashed

04-13-2009 ----- NOA1 Received

04-27-2009 ----- USCIS Received I-129F packet

05-12-2009 ----- NOA1 for I-129F received

08-28-2009 ----- Approval Notices for I-130 and I-129F

09-15-2009 ----- Received Packet 3.5 from NVC

09-26-2009 ----- Sent Packet 3.5 to Embassy

09-30-2009 ----- Interview Appt Letter Received

10-13-2009 ----- Medical Exam @ 2:30pm in Lahore

10-26-2009 ----- Interview Scheduled

10-26-2009 ----- Embassy Closed, reschedule

11-02-2009 ----- Rescheduled Interview - Passed; AP

11-02-2009 ----- Administrative Processing Begins..........

04-23-2010 ----- AP Finished

04-24-2010 ----- Visa Arrives via SpeedEx

05-06-2010 ----- US Entry (Insha'Allah) JFK Airport POE

05-07-2010 ----- Flight from NY to West Palm Beach, FL

Timeline

congratulations!

June 2004...i sat down on the bench to tie my shoelaces (literally) not knowing i would marry the man i just sat down next to...

Oct. 18, 2007...Married

Oct. 27, 2007...my beautiful son is born

USCIS IR-1/CR-1 Visa Journey

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate: Manila, Philippines

Feb. 05, 2009: I 130 sent

Feb. 12, 2009: NAO1

Feb. 17, 2009: first touch

Feb. 18, 2009: Touch

May 01, 2009: Touch and NAO2 mailed...yeah hey!

May 08, 2009: NAO2 in the mail

NVC Journey

May 15, 2009: NVC case number

May 18, 2009: Gave email add to NVC

May 28, 2009: Received DS 3032 / I-864 Bill

June 1, 2009: Paid I-864 Bill

June 5, 2009: sent AOS stuff

June 29, 2009: sent DS 230

June 28 - Aug. 8: i spent time with my boys in the philippines

IN A BIG HUGE BLUR...OUR CASE WAS COMPLETED AUGUST 5, 2009 (AFTER RFE: HUSBAND'S ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE) AND MY HUSBANDS INTERVIEW WILL BE SEPTEMBER 25, 2009...WE HOPE AND PRAY WE GET IT!

CURRENTLY DOING: PREPARING DOCUMENTS FOR MY SON'S PETITION!

...I am one day further from the last time I saw you but I am one day closer to the next time I will...

Timeline

ZaheersShezadi - I know AP sux but nothing can be done about it atleast u knew that there is a process called AP. Lots of people go to the interview not knowing about it and they are so heart broken when they hear that the visa cannot be issued and it can take many more months - they usually wait up for interviews for many years.

Omark - When are you headed home?

N-400 Time

Timeline

Feisal bro you are next IA . I called ISL and they said i should get my passport during the week,so if i get it by friday then i will be leaving right away, i am checking out flights to LAX any suggestions? most flights are going to JFK.

Timeline
Feisal bro you are next IA . I called ISL and they said i should get my passport during the week,so if i get it by friday then i will be leaving right away, i am checking out flights to LAX any suggestions? most flights are going to JFK.

Etihad, Im pretty sure its ISL to Abu Dhabi then straight to Chicago, then just find something from Chicago to LAX...

Edited by ABENITEZ

USCIS STAGE

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage : 2008-11-11

I-130 Sent : 2008-12-18

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-12-23

I-130 Approved : 2009-04-23

NOA2 Hard Copy: 2009-04-27

NVC STAGE

NVC Received : 2009-5-5

Case # Assigned: 2009-5-6

Received DS-230 / I-864 Bill : e-mail received 2009-5-20

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-6-2

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-07-10

Return Completed DS-230 : 2009-07-10

Receive IV Bill : 2009-5-20

Pay IV Bill : 2009-6-2

RFE: 2009-7-22

Returned Missing Docs: 2009-7-27

NVC Resumes Processing: 2009-7-30

Case Completed at NVC :2009-8-7

Embassy Stage

Flight to Pakistan: 2009-9-30

Medical: 2009-10-05

Interview: 2009-10-20

AP Start: 2009-10-20

Back to States alone :'( 2010-2-17

AP Done: 2010-2-23

POE:

b7evpzub78.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

I have a question... i got an email from the embassy BUT... i dont have any brothers! lol and this email is from PAKNIV... not PAKIV

and it is saying the following:

Dear Sir

Please be advised that further processing in your case is pending receipt of names and dates of birth of your parents and brothers.

Your earliest response is highly appreciated.

We hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. To serve you better, we suggest that you email further inquiries to us at paknivinfo@state.gov.

Sincerely,

Nonimmigrant Visa Unit

what does that mean?

ticker.png

Timeline

Feisal i checked cathay pacific one way ticket to LAX is $1700 and flight duration is 25 hrs....i think its kinda high.I may take PIA to jfk and then connecting flight to LAX.Like ABENITEZ said .........thank you both for the suggestions.

Hopeful786 : I think you should call ISL maybe they meant your fiance's siblings.They sent me a family information form with the packet 3.5 so maybe thats what they are talking about (Your fince's brothers).In the family information form they just wanted parents info though.

Timeline

Omark - My Mom Take Cathay whenever she heads to the west coats and its always has been good.

Prices on the Website is always high for cathay pacific go to there office and prices would be way reasonable - its goes from khi to bangkok 2 hours stay - bangkok to hong kong another 2 or 3 hours stay then 12 to 14 hours flight direct to lax.

hope this helps and all the best

N-400 Time

Timeline

Yes thats what i will do .....I also checked out emirates and its 1000 bux 18 hrs flight duration.....but cathay sounds ok as well i have never flown thru that route........ i hate long flights but i m so used to now to wait after the AP, if i can wait 109 days 25 hrs are nothing :) ... thanx again.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

goood news!!.... this is the response I got alhamdulilah after submitting the information via email

This is to acknowledge receipt of the documents/ information you sent regarding a nonimmigrant visa.

Thank you for providing us with the information we requested in order to continue processing your case. When administrative processing is complete, our courier American Express will contact you.

ticker.png

goood news!!.... this is the response I got alhamdulilah after submitting the information via email

This is to acknowledge receipt of the documents/ information you sent regarding a nonimmigrant visa.

Thank you for providing us with the information we requested in order to continue processing your case. When administrative processing is complete, our courier American Express will contact you.

Good! This hopefully means InshaAllah now your AP is near completion!

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.