ALI555

Everyone going through Administrative Processing in ISLAMABAD

2,010 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
Hi guys...sorry to go off topic, but does anyone know if one passes the interview, does the US consulate at ISL keep the Pakistani passport, or do they give it back to the spouse in the evening of the day of interview? My wife has an interview on Nev 3rd, and she wants to confirm a ticket using her Pak passport, but we want to wait till after the interview. Thanks and prayers for all!

If the visa is approved they obviously keep the passport to print visa in it and it takes approximately 2 weeks before they return it to the applicant thru Amex courier service.They kept my passport also eventho i was placed under adim processing...........In my opinion do not book any flight untill visa in hand.

Tara Ahmed : I am sorry to hear that you are going thru so much here in Pakistan. I can imagine the cultural shock you must be in but honestly Pakistan is not that bad its the state of mind you are in.I have lived in NYC for more than 6 years and had a totally different life style there but now that i m here in my beloved country i don’t find no issues living here yes i miss white castle and chalopas from taco bell( Tu kero taco bell)... lol but hey you can find a better alternate here in Pakistan ...but for that u have to be either in Karachi or Islamabad Lahore etc you can get Tums or Rolaids there even tylenol,advil,motrin u name it they have it at some stores. I love pizza and i didn’t find no difference between pizza hutt here or in the us since QLC cheese comes from the same commissary in the US :) try domino's pizza or papa johns as well....did u know sialkot is well known for producing no1 sporting goods in the world? NBA ,NFL MLB products are made in Sialkot...... I am telling u all this so that u feel right at home and by the way there are more Pakistanis in NY than here so its all good.

So in ur case did K-3(i-129f) got approved before I-130? I heard both have the same processing time now. What I also noticed CR1's AP is shorter than K visas. I have been in AP for more than 90 days and i m hoping to hear something in the near future..................Happy Halloween, Trick or Treat :devil:

P.S: Pakistani Turkey taste better than butterball Turkey :thumbs:

Haha. The turkey is fine, but the only place in Sialkot that has turkey is Subway and they just opened a month ago. Pizza hut is different. They use Mozzarella from Buffaloes not from Cows. It is yellow in color and it is very hard and sticky. Also they barely put any sauce on their pizza. Same as Frangoz, barely any sauce. Yes, the Chalupas from Taco Bell is what I miss. And I want some Boston Market. There are no Papa Johns or Dominoes in Sialkot. We just got a McDonalds and Subway this past yr. They have a KFC but they shut down the whole building and now they take orders out of a small trailer and it takes about 20 min for 1 order. I wish we had more time to visit around in places like Lahore and Islamabad, but we never do. All I know is that there is a McDonalds in Lahore. I know nothing else. I have been to the zoo there and the Data Sahib Darbar. I am not bothered by Pakistan itself. I like being here. I just don't like the medical situation, and I miss my country's food. That's it. If they had all the same food and products here as in USA, I would never leave. I would deal with the medical issues. But, I really need some US food. We try to get similar things, but it is not easy. I want some doritos. LoL

~Tara

Have you been to Lahore yet?

Its only a couple of hours drive from Sialkot but its big city,twice the size of Chicago and is known as the food centre of country.There are thousands of food outlets of all kinds:eastern,ethnic,Chinese,Japanese,Western and I am sure finding Mexican food shouldn't be difficult.Just go to any Western food outlet in New Lahore and ask them where to find Mexican food.Lahore has like 3 dozen McDonalds and as many Subways.

Lahore's southwest,a vast sprawling development has modernised to cater to a growing young population hooked up on all things western.

When I visited a local deli store in my city,Rawalpindi.I was surprised to find a lot of eatables that I would usually find in US.I had no complaints because the prices were in Rupees and it was cheap to buy.I asked my wife to try and find Post's Honey Bunch of Oats with almonds and we found it at the nearest deli store in Pindi.

A lot of Pakistani-American families have re-settled in Pakistan and after the initial difficulties they have adjusted to the food and stuff.

I am travelling to Pindi soon and plan to stay the whole of winter there as my wife is still there,she has to wait 2 years to come here.So I am already bracing myself to spending time here and get used to things there.

ABENITEZ- yes, I get the warden notices too. But, unfortunately, the day of the interview, they had not mailed anyone. Our interview was on Monday the 26th and the Embassies were only informed late sunday evening that they had to close. So no one was available to email. It was around 9 am, 1 hr after our interview should have been that it made the news. We saw it from a restaurant somewhere near Rawalpindi. Anyhow. It was a long drive, to say the least, but I am trying to be positive about it. I really wanted to be home by the holidays. But, sadly, it doesn't appear to be in my fate. No I am American. Not Pakistani. I came to Pakistan back in August with my daughter to come meet the man that I was going to marry. I was going through a divorce with my daughter's father, and when the divorce hearing was set for January, I returned to USA, finished the papers, then returned to Pakistan Jan 16th, without my little girl. Now I have been here for nearly a yr consecutively, and missing my home terribly. My husband doesn't want me to leave. He is afraid that my ex husband will harass me or possibly stop my parents from seeing my daughter, and I dont want that. So, I just stay here, waiting for Zaheer to get his visa. I really get more and more worried as time goes on as to what will happen with the baby. I have to have a repeat C-Section and I definitely don't want any type of surgery in Pakistan. I hated every moment of the 4 days I spent in the Hospital for dehydration and Hyperemesis. I have had Dysentery since being here, constantly. I still get it from time to time. I have been really miserable while pregnant because there is no Tums or Rolaids, I have been taking Paracetemol for Headaches which the docs say is safe. But I get annoyed with the Pakistani doctors because there are literally like hundreds of women waiting for an appt and they will push you out of the way to get to the doctor and they only do like a 30 sec ultrasound because they gotta get to all the patients. no doctor wants to check the gender of the baby because they are afraid the parent would do an abortion if the baby isnt the gender preferred. I am just miserable. Loadshedding doesnt bother me, but our main mode of transport is a motorcycle, and on these roads, it is really rough sometimes. I really want Mexican food and I miss NORMAL pizza Hut. Pakistani Mozzarella cheese is not tasty. Anyhow..

As far as the embassy goes... We have put in a reschedule for Nov 23. Insha'Allah, nothing will happen before then with Islamabad. I am praying and hoping that because ours is a K3 visa and we will have to do another interview in USA, perhaps they will spare us a long AP. But that's wishful thinking. Zaheer works for the Government too, so hopefully that will be another plus. Anyhow, I pray for all of you all the time and wish speedy visas to you all. I wish some of you guys were closer by to Sialkot. I really need some friends and i havent seen another American in like a yr. My husband is the only one I have english conversations with, and it becomes tiresome. He is addicted to the Myspace games and barely talks to me when he is home. LoL. well, take care all.

~Tara Ahmed

Tara:A google search for Mexican food in Lahore came up with the following outlet:

Freddie's Cafe

M. M. Alam Road, Gulberg

12-C-II M.M. Alam Road, Gulberg III

Phone: (042)-5754416, 5756048, 5755230

It says they serve Mexican food in a buffet.

Call them to confirm before you make any plans to visit the place.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
ABENITEZ- yes, I get the warden notices too. But, unfortunately, the day of the interview, they had not mailed anyone. Our interview was on Monday the 26th and the Embassies were only informed late sunday evening that they had to close. So no one was available to email. It was around 9 am, 1 hr after our interview should have been that it made the news. We saw it from a restaurant somewhere near Rawalpindi. Anyhow. It was a long drive, to say the least, but I am trying to be positive about it. I really wanted to be home by the holidays. But, sadly, it doesn't appear to be in my fate. No I am American. Not Pakistani. I came to Pakistan back in August with my daughter to come meet the man that I was going to marry. I was going through a divorce with my daughter's father, and when the divorce hearing was set for January, I returned to USA, finished the papers, then returned to Pakistan Jan 16th, without my little girl. Now I have been here for nearly a yr consecutively, and missing my home terribly. My husband doesn't want me to leave. He is afraid that my ex husband will harass me or possibly stop my parents from seeing my daughter, and I dont want that. So, I just stay here, waiting for Zaheer to get his visa. I really get more and more worried as time goes on as to what will happen with the baby. I have to have a repeat C-Section and I definitely don't want any type of surgery in Pakistan. I hated every moment of the 4 days I spent in the Hospital for dehydration and Hyperemesis. I have had Dysentery since being here, constantly. I still get it from time to time. I have been really miserable while pregnant because there is no Tums or Rolaids, I have been taking Paracetemol for Headaches which the docs say is safe. But I get annoyed with the Pakistani doctors because there are literally like hundreds of women waiting for an appt and they will push you out of the way to get to the doctor and they only do like a 30 sec ultrasound because they gotta get to all the patients. no doctor wants to check the gender of the baby because they are afraid the parent would do an abortion if the baby isnt the gender preferred. I am just miserable. Loadshedding doesnt bother me, but our main mode of transport is a motorcycle, and on these roads, it is really rough sometimes. I really want Mexican food and I miss NORMAL pizza Hut. Pakistani Mozzarella cheese is not tasty. Anyhow..

As far as the embassy goes... We have put in a reschedule for Nov 23. Insha'Allah, nothing will happen before then with Islamabad. I am praying and hoping that because ours is a K3 visa and we will have to do another interview in USA, perhaps they will spare us a long AP. But that's wishful thinking. Zaheer works for the Government too, so hopefully that will be another plus. Anyhow, I pray for all of you all the time and wish speedy visas to you all. I wish some of you guys were closer by to Sialkot. I really need some friends and i havent seen another American in like a yr. My husband is the only one I have english conversations with, and it becomes tiresome. He is addicted to the Myspace games and barely talks to me when he is home. LoL. well, take care all.

~Tara Ahmed

Tara:A google search for Mexican food in Lahore came up with the following outlet:

Freddie's Cafe

M. M. Alam Road, Gulberg

12-C-II M.M. Alam Road, Gulberg III

Phone: (042)-5754416, 5756048, 5755230

It says they serve Mexican food in a buffet.

Call them to confirm before you make any plans to visit the place.

Hey Mus24 bro if u in tri-state area bring me some whitecastle(Double chez burgers) sak of 10 ....lol .... here at makro or metro you can find anything and everything ... they even got regu and prego pasta sauce ...... and tara if you miss boston market try lahori chargha ... man all of a sudden i started feeling hungry lol .I should go get a coffee from dunkin donut and boston cream from pie in the sky bakery oh and on the way back i will get banana split from basikn n robins...... :)

Timeline
Omar... my next step will be to research the DOS lol... I'm going to call DOS today since I'm coming homee earlyy from school yeahhhhhhhh!

That will be great hope if u could find some answers.I just called dos and the lady said " Have lil bit more patience case is still pending at the embassy not at dos" its like if i have a choice ...neways i m just gonna wait and call isl next week.

Naz&Omi : Keep us posted and congratulations again ...... are we invited to the wedding? :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
Omar... my next step will be to research the DOS lol... I'm going to call DOS today since I'm coming homee earlyy from school yeahhhhhhhh!

That will be great hope if u could find some answers.I just called dos and the lady said " Have lil bit more patience case is still pending at the embassy not at dos" its like if i have a choice ...neways i m just gonna wait and call isl next week.

Naz&Omi : Keep us posted and congratulations again ...... are we invited to the wedding? :)

OMG i hope that is another way of them saying you will get that call letter sooon insha'Allah, i told you they must have been touching up on the files that needed their final review and I know your case is in that patch!!!!!

ticker.png

Taco Bell, omg I want it. We have McDonalds here, but it doesnt taste the same, and Pizza Hut too. I'm also sad that I'm missing Trick or Treat, its my fav. Anyways, I would stay here forever too, but only if I could go out n walk around, go shopping, just something. I'm home all day while my husband is at work and I'm going stir crazy. It's hard to depend on someone soo much. Like whatever I need no matter how small I have to ask him. I miss just getting in my car and going wherever I need to go with no problems. Anyways, I love to hear the Azaan all day and when we do go out theres so much to see that we don't see in USA, like donkeys pulling carts LOLZZZ. I too love Pakistan, but the security problems are too bad right now. Inshallah, we will live in the states for a few years, save some money, if the problems here get better we will come back. Duaas for all...

Every food chain operating in another country has to localise the taste,or they won't be able to sell anything.

Here in Chicago,I am a frequent visitor to Chinese buffets but I know that Chinese food in US is not what it is in Sichuan or Guanzhou.Similary Mexican food in Buffalo,NY won't be the same as one in Puerto Vallarta,Mexico.

McDonalds in india sells indianised food,beef is missing and its Big Mac sells by the name of McMaharaja.What I mean to say is that if you don't find US food in Gujrat or Gujranwala then tough it out.There are times I am desperate to eat Pakistani food here yet all I find around me are Subways or Taco Bells,but thats the way it is.The nearest Pakistani food outlet is 17 miles away and to get there is not worth it.

Hey feisal whats happening dude? have u been calling DOS or ISL for updates? ...... Yes we need good news next week ...I havent seen marm lately.

Hello, thanks for remembering us :)

Unfortunately we don't have any good news yet...we are running out of time as there are only 4 weeks left until my fiance's UK student visa expires and he has to leave the UK, but we have no news about his K-1 visa, all we get is that it is still pending and that they are working on it (at DOS/Washington). I have sent in a senatorial inquiry, we don't have a response yet, so I don't know...we are hoping (as usual) that the next few days will give us good news.

I just wish if I had known about how long this whole thing is taking we would have gone the CR-1 route, because with the K-1, the paperwork is not over even after entry into the US and there is still more waiting for EAD/AP/GC...

May Allah give us all good news this coming week, Ameen!

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Timeline
Hey feisal whats happening dude? have u been calling DOS or ISL for updates? ...... Yes we need good news next week ...I havent seen marm lately.

Hello, thanks for remembering us :)

Unfortunately we don't have any good news yet...we are running out of time as there are only 4 weeks left until my fiance's UK student visa expires and he has to leave the UK, but we have no news about his K-1 visa, all we get is that it is still pending and that they are working on it (at DOS/Washington). I have sent in a senatorial inquiry, we don't have a response yet, so I don't know...we are hoping (as usual) that the next few days will give us good news.

I just wish if I had known about how long this whole thing is taking we would have gone the CR-1 route, because with the K-1, the paperwork is not over even after entry into the US and there is still more waiting for EAD/AP/GC...

May Allah give us all good news this coming week, Ameen!

I thought you guys Eloped :) cant he xtend his visa? I heard home office in UK also keeps the passport for months.Now that we are going through this lengthy process, CR-1 seems like a better path. If i knew i could have just gotten married while i was in the US and adjusted my status there and i didnt have to listen I TOLD YOU SO everyday from my fiancee.......but hey good things comes to those who wait :) ..... We have a good news streak next week IA for all of us.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Haha. The turkey is fine, but the only place in Sialkot that has turkey is Subway and they just opened a month ago. Pizza hut is different. They use Mozzarella from Buffaloes not from Cows. It is yellow in color and it is very hard and sticky. Also they barely put any sauce on their pizza. Same as Frangoz, barely any sauce. Yes, the Chalupas from Taco Bell is what I miss. And I want some Boston Market. There are no Papa Johns or Dominoes in Sialkot. We just got a McDonalds and Subway this past yr. They have a KFC but they shut down the whole building and now they take orders out of a small trailer and it takes about 20 min for 1 order. I wish we had more time to visit around in places like Lahore and Islamabad, but we never do. All I know is that there is a McDonalds in Lahore. I know nothing else. I have been to the zoo there and the Data Sahib Darbar. I am not bothered by Pakistan itself. I like being here. I just don't like the medical situation, and I miss my country's food. That's it. If they had all the same food and products here as in USA, I would never leave. I would deal with the medical issues. But, I really need some US food. We try to get similar things, but it is not easy. I want some doritos. LoL

~Tara

OMG!! I'm living in Sialkot to....and damn you just took the words right outta my mouth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's not paki that sucks.....it's the fact that I can't find decent u.s foods and products here...and trust me I've even tried lahore and islamabad....and nope, no decent spaghetti sauce even at Al Fateh! It simply sucks!!! I'm 6 1/2 months pregnant and desperately in need of the food I miss so much...little caesars pizza...or even dominos........and YESSSS DORITOS BABAYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;(

Hey I tried to email you from the email in your profile. If you are in Sialkot, we should totally meet up. I am so lonely here. What part are you in? We are just in front of the Cantt area in Hunter Pura. Thats cool that someone else is in Sialkot. Haha.

Zaheer - 25 ; Tara - 26 ;

Married - 01/25/09; Stevie Zainab Ahmed - born 03-18-2010

OUR TIMELINE

03-18-2009 ----- Sent I-130 to USA

03-23-2009 ----- Father sent I-130 to USCIS

03-25-2009 ----- USCIS Received I-130

04-02-2009 ----- Money Order Cashed

04-13-2009 ----- NOA1 Received

04-27-2009 ----- USCIS Received I-129F packet

05-12-2009 ----- NOA1 for I-129F received

08-28-2009 ----- Approval Notices for I-130 and I-129F

09-15-2009 ----- Received Packet 3.5 from NVC

09-26-2009 ----- Sent Packet 3.5 to Embassy

09-30-2009 ----- Interview Appt Letter Received

10-13-2009 ----- Medical Exam @ 2:30pm in Lahore

10-26-2009 ----- Interview Scheduled

10-26-2009 ----- Embassy Closed, reschedule

11-02-2009 ----- Rescheduled Interview - Passed; AP

11-02-2009 ----- Administrative Processing Begins..........

04-23-2010 ----- AP Finished

04-24-2010 ----- Visa Arrives via SpeedEx

05-06-2010 ----- US Entry (Insha'Allah) JFK Airport POE

05-07-2010 ----- Flight from NY to West Palm Beach, FL

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yeah, I am sure I could find something similar, and Chargha is NOTHING like Boston Market. My doc has advised me not to eat too much masalas because it is making me so sick. I am 5 months pregnant. We just found out the baby is a girl, Alhamdullilah. I really wish I could eat the stuff I want. It makes pregnancy so much easier. Less heartburn too. But, i thnk I will go to the local dept store and buy some stuff to make homemade chili. That is at least Mexican enough. The lack of actual cheese in Pakistan is real difficult. They have processed slices, but no actually cold-cut type deli cheese. Oh, and there is no broccoli. I love broccoli! I cant wait to take Zaheer to usa and cook him a real southern home-cooked meal. Hope he would like it. He likes hash browns when I make them. He loves pizza. Fried chicken. That sorta thing. I agree, mcdonalds is not the same, but its ok. I just cant really eat it with the way my digestion is in pregnancy. Subway has been ok, but they load my sub with mustard! I finally found Cheetos the other day! I ate like 2 bags (small ones) today already! LoL. I think I will go out for dinner tonight and try the fettuccini from this local restaurant. Fingers Crossed that it tastes somewhat american. I agree with Abenitez.. I totally miss just getting in the car and going out to run my own errands. Sometimes, when I need something, I ask hubby to do it, and he forgets. And it sucks because I am home all day and he is at work, then he comes home tired and I have to bug him all day to go do it for me. It is hard to depend on someone for entirely everything. And I miss just having snacks in the fridge like pickles or slices of cheese or something. there is never anything in our fridge except milk, bread, and yogurt. And sometimes left over curry. But, everything is just, buy as you go. And when you cant go out, you have no one to bring you food when you are hungry. I dont have a cell phone, so I cant even call him to ask him to bring me something, I have to wait til he calls the home phone. Its so rough. Anyhow. Like I said you guys, we should all totally get together soon. I am glad to have you all to talk to. I jsut wish we would be getting ready to head to USA instead of just typing about going. Anyhow, take care guys, and I wish all of you best of luck with processing and interviews. My prayers are for all of you. Someone will give us good news soon, Insha'Allah.

Allahu Akbar!

~Tara

Zaheer - 25 ; Tara - 26 ;

Married - 01/25/09; Stevie Zainab Ahmed - born 03-18-2010

OUR TIMELINE

03-18-2009 ----- Sent I-130 to USA

03-23-2009 ----- Father sent I-130 to USCIS

03-25-2009 ----- USCIS Received I-130

04-02-2009 ----- Money Order Cashed

04-13-2009 ----- NOA1 Received

04-27-2009 ----- USCIS Received I-129F packet

05-12-2009 ----- NOA1 for I-129F received

08-28-2009 ----- Approval Notices for I-130 and I-129F

09-15-2009 ----- Received Packet 3.5 from NVC

09-26-2009 ----- Sent Packet 3.5 to Embassy

09-30-2009 ----- Interview Appt Letter Received

10-13-2009 ----- Medical Exam @ 2:30pm in Lahore

10-26-2009 ----- Interview Scheduled

10-26-2009 ----- Embassy Closed, reschedule

11-02-2009 ----- Rescheduled Interview - Passed; AP

11-02-2009 ----- Administrative Processing Begins..........

04-23-2010 ----- AP Finished

04-24-2010 ----- Visa Arrives via SpeedEx

05-06-2010 ----- US Entry (Insha'Allah) JFK Airport POE

05-07-2010 ----- Flight from NY to West Palm Beach, FL

Omark: We have already extended it once, he can't do it again, the rules have changed and he doesn't qualify. CR-1/IR-1 would have been easier in the long run...but I didn't know well enough about all of these immigration procedures prior to filing. And yes, the UK home office does keep your passport for months, we already dealt with that earlier this year and this same time last year, no way are we going to go through that hell again.

Edited by MARM

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

On our second month now...

June 2004...i sat down on the bench to tie my shoelaces (literally) not knowing i would marry the man i just sat down next to...

Oct. 18, 2007...Married

Oct. 27, 2007...my beautiful son is born

USCIS IR-1/CR-1 Visa Journey

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate: Manila, Philippines

Feb. 05, 2009: I 130 sent

Feb. 12, 2009: NAO1

Feb. 17, 2009: first touch

Feb. 18, 2009: Touch

May 01, 2009: Touch and NAO2 mailed...yeah hey!

May 08, 2009: NAO2 in the mail

NVC Journey

May 15, 2009: NVC case number

May 18, 2009: Gave email add to NVC

May 28, 2009: Received DS 3032 / I-864 Bill

June 1, 2009: Paid I-864 Bill

June 5, 2009: sent AOS stuff

June 29, 2009: sent DS 230

June 28 - Aug. 8: i spent time with my boys in the philippines

IN A BIG HUGE BLUR...OUR CASE WAS COMPLETED AUGUST 5, 2009 (AFTER RFE: HUSBAND'S ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE) AND MY HUSBANDS INTERVIEW WILL BE SEPTEMBER 25, 2009...WE HOPE AND PRAY WE GET IT!

CURRENTLY DOING: PREPARING DOCUMENTS FOR MY SON'S PETITION!

...I am one day further from the last time I saw you but I am one day closer to the next time I will...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.