ALI555

Everyone going through Administrative Processing in ISLAMABAD

2,010 posts in this topic

OH man.. Omarak, I would advise you to hang up if you don't get Sarah or Jessica on the phone (i think there' one more nice lady, but don't remember her name), 'cause I called EVERY day, and I got this WRETCHED lady EVERY time, and she told me STILL PENDING every time and was always rude! I don't trust DOS to be able to tell me ANYthing! I bet if I called back tomorrow that woman would say "still pending", and I would like to call her out on it! DOS is a joke! Hang in there! It'll all be over soon! :) InshAllah!

I beleive the wretched woman you are talking about is Anna...she ALWAYS says PENDING and NEVER EVER gives any updates even if there are updates. Sarah, Jessica, Kate, Claudia, and Sue always give updates or try to give you information or something, and are always ready to answer your questions.

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Guys, we had our interview today too, AP, plz put us on the Spreadsheet. She said 1-2 months, I laughed at that. She kept his passport. Asked the general questions, didnt look at any evidence.

Riz, you had to be the ppl in front of us... you were with ur wife n two kids? They called my husband, we didnt hear it n u told him where to go?? Anyways, congrats on the visa.

Now, did anyone else find that shuttle service to be unacceptable? Taking all those foreigners through a tiny, unsecure village like that in a rickety old bus? Anyone could go in there and anything could happen. I want to email the embassy, but I dont want to bring any bad attention to my name, so forget it. Maybe after he gets the visa I will lolzzz.

Anyways, duaas for all n plz pray for us. Allah Hafiz

Yeah that shuttle service is somethin else huh? Hey, with all you American Spouses all being here in PAK at the same time, we should all get together to celebrate our interviews. I havent seen another American in a year. It would be great to see some people going through the same thing as me. We are in Sialkot, where are you guys at?

Zaheer - 25 ; Tara - 26 ;

Married - 01/25/09; Stevie Zainab Ahmed - born 03-18-2010

OUR TIMELINE

03-18-2009 ----- Sent I-130 to USA

03-23-2009 ----- Father sent I-130 to USCIS

03-25-2009 ----- USCIS Received I-130

04-02-2009 ----- Money Order Cashed

04-13-2009 ----- NOA1 Received

04-27-2009 ----- USCIS Received I-129F packet

05-12-2009 ----- NOA1 for I-129F received

08-28-2009 ----- Approval Notices for I-130 and I-129F

09-15-2009 ----- Received Packet 3.5 from NVC

09-26-2009 ----- Sent Packet 3.5 to Embassy

09-30-2009 ----- Interview Appt Letter Received

10-13-2009 ----- Medical Exam @ 2:30pm in Lahore

10-26-2009 ----- Interview Scheduled

10-26-2009 ----- Embassy Closed, reschedule

11-02-2009 ----- Rescheduled Interview - Passed; AP

11-02-2009 ----- Administrative Processing Begins..........

04-23-2010 ----- AP Finished

04-24-2010 ----- Visa Arrives via SpeedEx

05-06-2010 ----- US Entry (Insha'Allah) JFK Airport POE

05-07-2010 ----- Flight from NY to West Palm Beach, FL

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Guys, we had our interview today too, AP, plz put us on the Spreadsheet. She said 1-2 months, I laughed at that. She kept his passport. Asked the general questions, didnt look at any evidence.

Riz, you had to be the ppl in front of us... you were with ur wife n two kids? They called my husband, we didnt hear it n u told him where to go?? Anyways, congrats on the visa.

Now, did anyone else find that shuttle service to be unacceptable? Taking all those foreigners through a tiny, unsecure village like that in a rickety old bus? Anyone could go in there and anything could happen. I want to email the embassy, but I dont want to bring any bad attention to my name, so forget it. Maybe after he gets the visa I will lolzzz.

Yeah that shuttle service is somethin else huh? Hey, with all you American Spouses all being here in PAK at the same time, we should all get together to celebrate our interviews. I havent seen another American in a year. It would be great to see some people going through the same thing as me. We are in Sialkot, where are you guys at?

Actually, I had another question. All of you guys in AP, who is going through K3 with me? I am still curious if it makes a slight bit of difference. Any ideas guys?

Zaheer - 25 ; Tara - 26 ;

Married - 01/25/09; Stevie Zainab Ahmed - born 03-18-2010

OUR TIMELINE

03-18-2009 ----- Sent I-130 to USA

03-23-2009 ----- Father sent I-130 to USCIS

03-25-2009 ----- USCIS Received I-130

04-02-2009 ----- Money Order Cashed

04-13-2009 ----- NOA1 Received

04-27-2009 ----- USCIS Received I-129F packet

05-12-2009 ----- NOA1 for I-129F received

08-28-2009 ----- Approval Notices for I-130 and I-129F

09-15-2009 ----- Received Packet 3.5 from NVC

09-26-2009 ----- Sent Packet 3.5 to Embassy

09-30-2009 ----- Interview Appt Letter Received

10-13-2009 ----- Medical Exam @ 2:30pm in Lahore

10-26-2009 ----- Interview Scheduled

10-26-2009 ----- Embassy Closed, reschedule

11-02-2009 ----- Rescheduled Interview - Passed; AP

11-02-2009 ----- Administrative Processing Begins..........

04-23-2010 ----- AP Finished

04-24-2010 ----- Visa Arrives via SpeedEx

05-06-2010 ----- US Entry (Insha'Allah) JFK Airport POE

05-07-2010 ----- Flight from NY to West Palm Beach, FL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Naz & Omi - Very Happy for you - You should be getting your visa in the next 15 to 21 days :)

AP tracker has been updated with the call - Again congratulations AP was within the average time of 2 to 4 months

N-400 Time

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Well, an other good news, ISB embassy working in full swing. My wife had successful IR-1 visa interview on Oct 20, 2009 and I got a call from AmEx to collect her passport with visa. Is it not so great? Within 2 working days they have printed the visa and AmEx delivered to us. WooooooooooooW!

Now, I have to decide when to quit my current job, wrap up every thing here and move back to USA. I have time till April 19th, 2010.

Edited by riz

Timeline
Well, an other good news, ISB embassy working in full swing. My wife had successful IR-1 visa interview on Oct 20, 2009 and I got a call from AmEx to collect her passport with visa. Is it not so great? Within 2 working days they have printed the visa and AmEx delivered to us. WooooooooooooW!

Now, I have to decide when to quit my current job, wrap up every thing here and move back to USA. I have time till April 19th, 2010.

Congrats Riz,,, Is this the first time ur wife n kids will be in america? Are they excited?

USCIS STAGE

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage : 2008-11-11

I-130 Sent : 2008-12-18

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-12-23

I-130 Approved : 2009-04-23

NOA2 Hard Copy: 2009-04-27

NVC STAGE

NVC Received : 2009-5-5

Case # Assigned: 2009-5-6

Received DS-230 / I-864 Bill : e-mail received 2009-5-20

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-6-2

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-07-10

Return Completed DS-230 : 2009-07-10

Receive IV Bill : 2009-5-20

Pay IV Bill : 2009-6-2

RFE: 2009-7-22

Returned Missing Docs: 2009-7-27

NVC Resumes Processing: 2009-7-30

Case Completed at NVC :2009-8-7

Embassy Stage

Flight to Pakistan: 2009-9-30

Medical: 2009-10-05

Interview: 2009-10-20

AP Start: 2009-10-20

Back to States alone :'( 2010-2-17

AP Done: 2010-2-23

POE:

b7evpzub78.gif

Timeline
Congrats Riz,,, Is this the first time ur wife n kids will be in america? Are they excited?

Thanks!

Yes they will be first time in USA. Kids are too small to feel any excitement. Wife is some what excited but for me it is mixed feeling. I am little bit worried about getting new job in USA during these tough time, but I am confident I will find a good job in a couple of months. Good thing is that my whole extended family is already in USA.

Edited by riz

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

OMG Naz congradulationssssssssssssss mubarak bashaaa, this is greatt news alhamdulilah.... insha'Allah everyone will get their visa soooon

so I got a response from the embassy and I'm a lil confused

Dear Sir/Madam,

Our record indicates that the case is still pending under administrative process and we will contact the applicant(s) upon completion of this process. Also, time duration for the process is always approximated therefore maximum cannot be predicted.

I hope this information will be helpful to you. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you required any further inquiry.

Thanks & best regards

U.S. Embassy

Consular Section

Immigration Visa Unit

Islamabad, Pakistan.

When they review documents is it under AR and AP is for namecheck? Or are they both the same?

ticker.png

Timeline

Guys, something I forgot to ask you. The original Peshawar PCC that Ali submitted will be expired sometime next month. The CO officer didnt tell him he needed another one until Ali said something. Ali offered her a new PCC, but it was the wrong kind (ruppee paper). So she said he will just have to send in a new Peshawar PCC but she didnt say when. Do you think they wont start his AP til he sends the PCC? It's just weird cuz she didnt say anything abt it til he did so what I'm thinking is they will just ask for it before they print the visa? What if we send it now, will it find its way to his file or do u think it will get lost or something?? Thoughts?

USCIS STAGE

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage : 2008-11-11

I-130 Sent : 2008-12-18

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-12-23

I-130 Approved : 2009-04-23

NOA2 Hard Copy: 2009-04-27

NVC STAGE

NVC Received : 2009-5-5

Case # Assigned: 2009-5-6

Received DS-230 / I-864 Bill : e-mail received 2009-5-20

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-6-2

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-07-10

Return Completed DS-230 : 2009-07-10

Receive IV Bill : 2009-5-20

Pay IV Bill : 2009-6-2

RFE: 2009-7-22

Returned Missing Docs: 2009-7-27

NVC Resumes Processing: 2009-7-30

Case Completed at NVC :2009-8-7

Embassy Stage

Flight to Pakistan: 2009-9-30

Medical: 2009-10-05

Interview: 2009-10-20

AP Start: 2009-10-20

Back to States alone :'( 2010-2-17

AP Done: 2010-2-23

POE:

b7evpzub78.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Marm : I am sorry to hear the news my deepest condolences to the family.

Naz&Omi : I called DOS,this time i got a new lady deena worst than anna .....same answer "Pending" i asked is it at the visa unit she said its pending ap....i also called ISL guy said 90 days is the minimum and theres no maximum time limit ( I thought it was 6 wks minimum) anyways it was just a waste of time calling them ...... i am really disappointed.

ABENITEZ : Why did he to mentioned it ..lol ...just mail a new one in my opinion.It wont get lost just write ur ISL # on the cover letter.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Sure lets have a reunion wheres da party at ? :) and zaheersShezadi welcome to the forum.

Timeline
Guys, something I forgot to ask you. The original Peshawar PCC that Ali submitted will be expired sometime next month. The CO officer didnt tell him he needed another one until Ali said something. Ali offered her a new PCC, but it was the wrong kind (ruppee paper). So she said he will just have to send in a new Peshawar PCC but she didnt say when. Do you think they wont start his AP til he sends the PCC? It's just weird cuz she didnt say anything abt it til he did so what I'm thinking is they will just ask for it before they print the visa? What if we send it now, will it find its way to his file or do u think it will get lost or something?? Thoughts?

My parents case was in AP for about 3 years and before issuing visa (in August 2009) ISB embassy called my parents and asked for new PCC but only from the current place of their resident. Once my parents submitted new PCC ISB embassy issued them visa within 10 working days.

So, I think wait for the PCC until you get call from them. But if you can easily get PCC from Peshawar then submit one now and get another PCC.

Timeline

Congratz Naz and Omi.. it's over :-)

Abentiez .. and why would he mention that?!?! My husband's PCC was going to expire in 4 days, we thought about getting one but didn't get time to do so and the CO didn't ask for one either and none of us mentioned it.. He got the visa within two months and no one asked for a new PCC ever. Oh well, what's done is done- you should probably just send one with your case number on it and also keep a copy of it.. hopefully it won't be lost!

Marriage January 23, 2005

USCIS

August 14, 2006- I-130 Sent

September 22, 2008- NOA 1 Received

September 17, 2008- Became a USC

September 18, 2008- Upgraded I-130

March 20, 2009 - NOA2 (email)

March 25, 2009- NOA2 (hardcopy Received)

NVC

April 3, 2009 - Case Number Assigned

June 5, 2009 CASE COMPLETED AT NVC

June 9, 2009 Interview Date Assigned

July 16, 2009 Interview AP

August 24, 2009 DOS Operator said "VISA HAS BEEN ISSUED TODAY" Alhamdulillah

August 26, 2009 call from embassy to PICK UP THE PASSPORT :-)

August 27, 2009 Picked up the passport... woohooo!!!

September 9, 2009 US Entry InshaAllah

October 13, 2009 SSN and green card in mail DONE WITH USCIS until husband applies for his citizenship!!

The journey of 4 years, 8 months, and 3 weeks has ended!!!

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.