ALI555

Everyone going through Administrative Processing in ISLAMABAD

2,010 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Guys, we had our interview today too, AP, plz put us on the Spreadsheet. She said 1-2 months, I laughed at that. She kept his passport. Asked the general questions, didnt look at any evidence.

Riz, you had to be the ppl in front of us... you were with ur wife n two kids? They called my husband, we didnt hear it n u told him where to go?? Anyways, congrats on the visa.

Now, did anyone else find that shuttle service to be unacceptable? Taking all those foreigners through a tiny, unsecure village like that in a rickety old bus? Anyone could go in there and anything could happen. I want to email the embassy, but I dont want to bring any bad attention to my name, so forget it. Maybe after he gets the visa I will lolzzz.

Anyways, duaas for all n plz pray for us. Allah Hafiz

USCIS STAGE

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage : 2008-11-11

I-130 Sent : 2008-12-18

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-12-23

I-130 Approved : 2009-04-23

NOA2 Hard Copy: 2009-04-27

NVC STAGE

NVC Received : 2009-5-5

Case # Assigned: 2009-5-6

Received DS-230 / I-864 Bill : e-mail received 2009-5-20

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-6-2

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-07-10

Return Completed DS-230 : 2009-07-10

Receive IV Bill : 2009-5-20

Pay IV Bill : 2009-6-2

RFE: 2009-7-22

Returned Missing Docs: 2009-7-27

NVC Resumes Processing: 2009-7-30

Case Completed at NVC :2009-8-7

Embassy Stage

Flight to Pakistan: 2009-9-30

Medical: 2009-10-05

Interview: 2009-10-20

AP Start: 2009-10-20

Back to States alone :'( 2010-2-17

AP Done: 2010-2-23

POE:

b7evpzub78.gif

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Riz, you had to be the ppl in front of us... you were with ur wife n two kids? They called my husband, we didnt hear it n u told him where to go?? Anyways, congrats on the visa.

Yes, that was me. I recognized you guys from your profile pictures.

I think by default all Pakistani male are going through AP, but good thing is that time frame is within 3 months. Few years back it was pretty bad and people had to wait 9 months to several years to get through AP.

I think the same CO (middle aged lady) on window 3 took your hubby & my wife's interview, right?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
We had our interview Yesterday guys....got the green slip and they took my husbands passport and the interviewer said that if in a month and a half they didn't call us about the visa that we should call them to inquire about it. Our interviewer was an a$$ hole..lol, no doubt about it. He seemed to have a HUGE stick shoved up his butt...the moment he saw me approach the window he immediately asked if I was the petitioner and after I said yes he didn't wait two blinks and told me to sit down. I was ready to give him a nice little talking to....but then I saw my husbands face and he looked desperate to keep my mouth shut today...just pure pathetically desperate...so for the first time in ever I took note and sat down at a seat close enough that I could hear part of what was going on. Anyways, the guy didn't ask for ANYTHING he just had Haseeb say the outh, then Haseeb explained that we had photo albums...he kept insisting that we show him pictures of the actual functions....and his dumb a$$ wasn't seeming to understand the fact that we HAD NONE! It was a simple iftar party where we read the nika. Haseeb showed him the photo session and he just stared blankly and kept asking us to show them photos of the functions. Not many questions were asked after that....and then he tried to hand Haseeb his passport back and Haseeb avoided picking it up, so the guy took it and handed Haseeb the green slip with another white paper and said that he was "ehel" for visa, meaning he was going to be getting the visa but would have to wait for AP.

So.....yes, I'm upset....but what to do. It just seems to me that these interview people see that the beneficiary is a male...and there are just no two ways about it...Simply AP! But no problem I guess, I came home and talked to the travel agent again and he said that it's not like the airline will look at me and ask for proof of how far along I am, I can leave Pakistan whenever I feel comfortable....so I guess I'll wait till late November or early December before I leave now.....it's not like I have much choice really as I can't see myself trying to have the baby all alone in the states.....we'll have to arrange for someone to care for me for the last month or two. Till then, we have 3 more months till I'll be leaving....INSHALLAH AP is over much much MUCH sooner than that!!!! I'll be praying ofcourse. Husband and I will both be reading Surat Muzammil 41 times each day for the next three days starting tonight!!! My mother in-law has already been doing so every morning since day 1 for us, now we can read together.

Sigh....add us onto the AP spreadsheet Faisal....:(

P.S.

Any chance that since they took my husbands passport they may be a bit quicker about stamping that thing with a visa? I can only hope so really....but I believe they took Omar's passport also and it still took pretty long for him didn't it? How long was your AP Omar? Anyone have any guess's at approx how long it should take for us?

Sorry to hear about your AP, you and your husband will be in our prayers.

12/07/2009 - POE LAX

12/16/2009 - Received GC in mail

Removal Of Conditions 09-09-2011

09-09-2011 : Mailed ROC packet

09-12-2011 : Packet Arrived CSC (delayed from labor day long weekend)

09-14-2011 : Check Cashed

09-14-2011 : NOA1 dated 09-12-2011

09-19-2011 : Early walk-in Biometrics completed (Original date 10/03/2011)

02-07-2012 : Green Card Approved

02-11-2012 : Green Card Received

Citizenship

09-07-2012 : Mailed N-400 package

09-10-2012 : N-400 Package delivered

09-13-2012 : Check cashed, email and text received with case number

09-14-2012 : Biometrics letter mailed

09-15-2012 : NOA received dated 09-10

09-17-2012 : Biometrics letter received for 09-27

02-25-2013 : Interview Passed - Original interview was 01-07-2013 but was out of country so postponed

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

ABENITEZ : Sorry to hear about your AP but hey you guys look like a happy couple so happy happy joy joy & soon time will fly by .....lol tried to rhyme.

Oh the bus ride was pretty safe and pleasent i didnt see any problem with it ( or maybe i was half asleep) .... cheers :)

Congrats ABENITEZ on a smooth interview, InshaAllah AP will not last long for your husband.

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thanks, and yes, we had the same CO. She was surprisingly nice!

USCIS STAGE

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage : 2008-11-11

I-130 Sent : 2008-12-18

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-12-23

I-130 Approved : 2009-04-23

NOA2 Hard Copy: 2009-04-27

NVC STAGE

NVC Received : 2009-5-5

Case # Assigned: 2009-5-6

Received DS-230 / I-864 Bill : e-mail received 2009-5-20

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-6-2

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-07-10

Return Completed DS-230 : 2009-07-10

Receive IV Bill : 2009-5-20

Pay IV Bill : 2009-6-2

RFE: 2009-7-22

Returned Missing Docs: 2009-7-27

NVC Resumes Processing: 2009-7-30

Case Completed at NVC :2009-8-7

Embassy Stage

Flight to Pakistan: 2009-9-30

Medical: 2009-10-05

Interview: 2009-10-20

AP Start: 2009-10-20

Back to States alone :'( 2010-2-17

AP Done: 2010-2-23

POE:

b7evpzub78.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
Congratulations Riz! Mubarak ......So we got one good news we need more :)

DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D My Omar got his call this morning from the embassy telling us to submit his visa!!!! AHHH!!! I'm flipping out!!! Does anybody know if he should submit anything with his passport??? THANKS!!!! AHHH!!!

Omark, you already submitted your passport at the interview, so I bet it'll be done and ready to pick up next week! I am SO excited for you!!! :D :D

--------------------

OMAR & HALEY'S K-1 PROCESS

11/11/2008 - FILED I-129F

11/18/2008 - NOA1 RECEIVED

03/11/2009 - RECEIVED NOA2 (approved!)

03/19/2009 - NVC RECEIVED CASE FILE

04/01/2009 - NVC SENT CASE TO ISL EMBASSY

04/06/2009 - ISL EMBASSY RECEIVED CASE FILE

********* - NEVER RECEIVED PACKET 3.5 FROM ISL (called / emailed, no luck)

********* - CREATED OUR OWN PACKET WITH ITEMS THE ISL EMBASSY TOLD US IN EMAIL THAT THEY NEEDED

06/10/2009 - SUBMITTED PACKET 3.5 TO AMEX IN ISLAMABAD

06/16/2009 - RECEIVED INTERVIEW LETTER THROUGH AMEX IN ISLAMABAD

07/20/2009 - INTERVIEW (approved!) AP

10/12/2009 - 3 MONTHS OF AP COMPLETE...

10/21/2009 - CALL TO SUBMIT PASSPORT!

11/04/2009 - U.S. EMBASSY, ISLAMABAD RECIEVED PASSPORT IN MAIL (NOW UNDER FINAL REVIEW)

11/16/2009 - U.S. EMBASSY, ISLAMABAD MAILED PASSPORT W/ VISA TO U.S. EMBASSY KABUL

11/22/2009 - CALL TO PICK UP PASSPORT!

12/01/2009 - FLYING TO U.S.!!!!!!!!!

12/02/2009 - HE'S HERE!!! <3 <3 <3

12/07/2009 - MARRIED IN COLORADO! <3

12/20/2010 - APPLIED FOR SOCIAL SECURITY CARD

04/09/2010 - RECEIVED WORK AUTHORIZATION CARD IN THE MAIL!

06/20/2010 - DID SECOND INTERVIEW

08/10/2010 - RECEIVED 2-YEAR GREEN CARD!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D My Omar got his call this morning from the embassy telling us to submit his visa!!!! AHHH!!! I'm flipping out!!! Does anybody know if he should submit anything with his passport??? THANKS!!!! AHHH!!!

Omark, you already submitted your passport at the interview, so I bet it'll be done and ready to pick up next week! I am SO excited for you!!! :D :D

We needed to hear this good news :yes:

Congratulations, Mubarak!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

InshaAllah this is the beginning of lots of good news to come from this thread now!

Timeline

InshaAllah this is the beginning of lots of good news to come from this thread now!

YES!!!!!! :) :) :) BESYAR ZYAD TASHAKURRR!!!! :dance: INSHALLAH EVERYONE WILL BE DONE WITH THIS NONSENSE PROCESS SOON!

**And yes! I am shouting! :D :D :D Yay!!!**

--------------------

********* - CREATED OUR OWN PACKET WITH ITEMS THE ISL EMBASSY TOLD US IN EMAIL THAT THEY NEEDED

11/04/2009 - U.S. EMBASSY, ISLAMABAD RECIEVED PASSPORT IN MAIL (NOW UNDER FINAL REVIEW)

11/16/2009 - U.S. EMBASSY, ISLAMABAD MAILED PASSPORT W/ VISA TO U.S. EMBASSY KABUL

--------------------

Timeline

YES!!!!!! :) :) :) BESYAR ZYAD TASHAKURRR!!!! :dance: INSHALLAH EVERYONE WILL BE DONE WITH THIS NONSENSE PROCESS SOON!

Oh wow naz&omi thats a wonderful news Congratulaions Tabrik migoyam!!!!!!

I think i should call DOS and see what they up 2.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Yaay. Hope the rest of you waiting get good news as well! =)

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Timeline
We had our interview Yesterday guys....got the green slip and they took my husbands passport and the interviewer said that if in a month and a half they didn't call us about the visa that we should call them to inquire about it. Our interviewer was an a$$ hole..lol, no doubt about it. He seemed to have a HUGE stick shoved up his butt...the moment he saw me approach the window he immediately asked if I was the petitioner and after I said yes he didn't wait two blinks and told me to sit down. I was ready to give him a nice little talking to....but then I saw my husbands face and he looked desperate to keep my mouth shut today...just pure pathetically desperate...so for the first time in ever I took note and sat down at a seat close enough that I could hear part of what was going on. Anyways, the guy didn't ask for ANYTHING he just had Haseeb say the outh, then Haseeb explained that we had photo albums...he kept insisting that we show him pictures of the actual functions....and his dumb a$$ wasn't seeming to understand the fact that we HAD NONE! It was a simple iftar party where we read the nika. Haseeb showed him the photo session and he just stared blankly and kept asking us to show them photos of the functions. Not many questions were asked after that....and then he tried to hand Haseeb his passport back and Haseeb avoided picking it up, so the guy took it and handed Haseeb the green slip with another white paper and said that he was "ehel" for visa, meaning he was going to be getting the visa but would have to wait for AP.

So.....yes, I'm upset....but what to do. It just seems to me that these interview people see that the beneficiary is a male...and there are just no two ways about it...Simply AP! But no problem I guess, I came home and talked to the travel agent again and he said that it's not like the airline will look at me and ask for proof of how far along I am, I can leave Pakistan whenever I feel comfortable....so I guess I'll wait till late November or early December before I leave now.....it's not like I have much choice really as I can't see myself trying to have the baby all alone in the states.....we'll have to arrange for someone to care for me for the last month or two. Till then, we have 3 more months till I'll be leaving....INSHALLAH AP is over much much MUCH sooner than that!!!! I'll be praying ofcourse. Husband and I will both be reading Surat Muzammil 41 times each day for the next three days starting tonight!!! My mother in-law has already been doing so every morning since day 1 for us, now we can read together.

Sigh....add us onto the AP spreadsheet Faisal....:(

P.S.

Any chance that since they took my husbands passport they may be a bit quicker about stamping that thing with a visa? I can only hope so really....but I believe they took Omar's passport also and it still took pretty long for him didn't it? How long was your AP Omar? Anyone have any guess's at approx how long it should take for us?

Mumtaz, I will keep you in my thoughts & prayers so evil AP will be over, Inshallah, very quickly. There are too many other things to worry about besides the embassy putting extra stress on people with their torture. I understand the need for AP but excessive waiting is just painful. Please try your best not to be upset and I can't wait to see on here one day VERY VERY SOON that you & hubby are coming here, home to US, and getting ready for your sweet little one. :luv:

Take care of you & many blessings (F)

I hate to include sad news in this thread, but please keep this family in your duas, they are close family friends of my parents. May Allah give the family sabr and give their son Abbas Ali a place in Janat-ul-Firdaus, Ameen.

Please read the news article here: http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=n...article-7071521

The determined cause of his death awaits autopsy results, may Allah shower mercy on his soul, Ameen.

Timeline

Oh wow naz&omi thats a wonderful news Congratulaions Tabrik migoyam!!!!!!

I think i should call DOS and see what they up 2.

OH man.. Omarak, I would advise you to hang up if you don't get Sarah or Jessica on the phone (i think there' one more nice lady, but don't remember her name), 'cause I called EVERY day, and I got this WRETCHED lady EVERY time, and she told me STILL PENDING every time and was always rude! I don't trust DOS to be able to tell me ANYthing! I bet if I called back tomorrow that woman would say "still pending", and I would like to call her out on it! DOS is a joke! Hang in there! It'll all be over soon! :) InshAllah!

--------------------

--------------------

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.