ALI555

Everyone going through Administrative Processing in ISLAMABAD

2,010 posts in this topic

They told me something like that as well couple of weeks ago that my passport is with the non-immigrant visa unit and its not ready yet.2nd time i called then they just said my case has moved to non-immigrant visa unit at ISL and itso not ready yet....and now its just pending,i dont understand it.

Maybe they are ready to print visa on your fiance's passport now marm,you should contact the embassy first thing on monday i suggest...Good Luck.

InshaAllah I pray that we and you get good news this upcoming week!

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
They told me something like that as well couple of weeks ago that my passport is with the non-immigrant visa unit and its not ready yet.2nd time i called then they just said my case has moved to non-immigrant visa unit at ISL and itso not ready yet....and now its just pending,i dont understand it.

Maybe they are ready to print visa on your fiance's passport now marm,you should contact the embassy first thing on monday i suggest...Good Luck.

InshaAllah I pray that we and you get good news this upcoming week!

Insha Allah ......... I am ready to jet as soon as i get my passport back my bags r all packed actually just one suitcase and a carry on (laptop) :) i ham good to go (run to the border) taco bell .. kidding ...lol ......... does california has whitecastle ? i dont think they do its an east coast burger joint.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

We had our interview Yesterday guys....got the green slip and they took my husbands passport and the interviewer said that if in a month and a half they didn't call us about the visa that we should call them to inquire about it. Our interviewer was an a$$ hole..lol, no doubt about it. He seemed to have a HUGE stick shoved up his butt...the moment he saw me approach the window he immediately asked if I was the petitioner and after I said yes he didn't wait two blinks and told me to sit down. I was ready to give him a nice little talking to....but then I saw my husbands face and he looked desperate to keep my mouth shut today...just pure pathetically desperate...so for the first time in ever I took note and sat down at a seat close enough that I could hear part of what was going on. Anyways, the guy didn't ask for ANYTHING he just had Haseeb say the outh, then Haseeb explained that we had photo albums...he kept insisting that we show him pictures of the actual functions....and his dumb a$$ wasn't seeming to understand the fact that we HAD NONE! It was a simple iftar party where we read the nika. Haseeb showed him the photo session and he just stared blankly and kept asking us to show them photos of the functions. Not many questions were asked after that....and then he tried to hand Haseeb his passport back and Haseeb avoided picking it up, so the guy took it and handed Haseeb the green slip with another white paper and said that he was "ehel" for visa, meaning he was going to be getting the visa but would have to wait for AP.

So.....yes, I'm upset....but what to do. It just seems to me that these interview people see that the beneficiary is a male...and there are just no two ways about it...Simply AP! But no problem I guess, I came home and talked to the travel agent again and he said that it's not like the airline will look at me and ask for proof of how far along I am, I can leave Pakistan whenever I feel comfortable....so I guess I'll wait till late November or early December before I leave now.....it's not like I have much choice really as I can't see myself trying to have the baby all alone in the states.....we'll have to arrange for someone to care for me for the last month or two. Till then, we have 3 more months till I'll be leaving....INSHALLAH AP is over much much MUCH sooner than that!!!! I'll be praying ofcourse. Husband and I will both be reading Surat Muzammil 41 times each day for the next three days starting tonight!!! My mother in-law has already been doing so every morning since day 1 for us, now we can read together.

Sigh....add us onto the AP spreadsheet Faisal....:(

P.S.

Any chance that since they took my husbands passport they may be a bit quicker about stamping that thing with a visa? I can only hope so really....but I believe they took Omar's passport also and it still took pretty long for him didn't it? How long was your AP Omar? Anyone have any guess's at approx how long it should take for us?

USCIS *CR-1*

Service Center : California Service Center

02-17-09 : I-130 Sent

02-18-09 : Received

02-24-09 : NOA1

02-27-09 : NOA1 HC

03-16-09 : NOA2

NVC

04-08-09 : C# Assigned

04-10-09 : DS-3032/AOS GEN

04-12-09 : DS-3032 emailed

04-21-09 : DS-3032 accpt

04-21-09 : AOS PAID

04-21-09 : IV bill GEN

04-28-09 : IV bill PAID

05-11-09 : IV pkg sent(NVC)

05-13-09 : Delivered

05-15-09 : Review(RFE)

07-24-09 : AOS pkg sent to NVC

07-27-09 : Delivered

07-28-09 : Review (RFE)

08-12-09 : Review

08-18-09 : Sign in Failed

08-19-09 : case complete

09-01-09 : Interview Scheduled

Embassy

09-14-09 : Forward Case

09-15-09 : Medical

09-19-09 : Case Received

10-16-09 : Visa Interview

11-14-09 : V.I.H

11-27-09 : POE (JFK, NY) = 9m 10d^^

COMPLETE TIMELINE LOCATED HERE. CLICK ABOUT ME.

Ya Ali Madad!

7iQqm4.pngVRGfm4.png

94W4m4.pngCTWvm5.png

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
We had our interview Yesterday guys....got the green slip and they took my husbands passport and the interviewer said that if in a month and a half they didn't call us about the visa that we should call them to inquire about it. Our interviewer was an a$$ hole..lol, no doubt about it. He seemed to have a HUGE stick shoved up his butt...the moment he saw me approach the window he immediately asked if I was the petitioner and after I said yes he didn't wait two blinks and told me to sit down. I was ready to give him a nice little talking to....but then I saw my husbands face and he looked desperate to keep my mouth shut today...just pure pathetically desperate...so for the first time in ever I took note and sat down at a seat close enough that I could hear part of what was going on. Anyways, the guy didn't ask for ANYTHING he just had Haseeb say the outh, then Haseeb explained that we had photo albums...he kept insisting that we show him pictures of the actual functions....and his dumb a$$ wasn't seeming to understand the fact that we HAD NONE! It was a simple iftar party where we read the nika. Haseeb showed him the photo session and he just stared blankly and kept asking us to show them photos of the functions. Not many questions were asked after that....and then he tried to hand Haseeb his passport back and Haseeb avoided picking it up, so the guy took it and handed Haseeb the green slip with another white paper and said that he was "ehel" for visa, meaning he was going to be getting the visa but would have to wait for AP.

So.....yes, I'm upset....but what to do. It just seems to me that these interview people see that the beneficiary is a male...and there are just no two ways about it...Simply AP! But no problem I guess, I came home and talked to the travel agent again and he said that it's not like the airline will look at me and ask for proof of how far along I am, I can leave Pakistan whenever I feel comfortable....so I guess I'll wait till late November or early December before I leave now.....it's not like I have much choice really as I can't see myself trying to have the baby all alone in the states.....we'll have to arrange for someone to care for me for the last month or two. Till then, we have 3 more months till I'll be leaving....INSHALLAH AP is over much much MUCH sooner than that!!!! I'll be praying ofcourse. Husband and I will both be reading Surat Muzammil 41 times each day for the next three days starting tonight!!! My mother in-law has already been doing so every morning since day 1 for us, now we can read together.

Sigh....add us onto the AP spreadsheet Faisal....:(

P.S.

Any chance that since they took my husbands passport they may be a bit quicker about stamping that thing with a visa? I can only hope so really....but I believe they took Omar's passport also and it still took pretty long for him didn't it? How long was your AP Omar? Anyone have any guess's at approx how long it should take for us?

I am sorry for you, but Insallah you will get your hubby visa soon. just hanging in there.

Timeline

MumtazG38 : Sorry to hear about your interview experience and AP.Some of the COs are rude with everyone for no reason and it is highly un-professional that he rudly told you to sitdown.You shouldnt take that upon ur heart and just ignore it, i was interviewed by a rude CO as well but i know how to talk to these kinda people so when i started tawkin wid ma firm and deep NY accent he changed his tone ......no need to be rude...lol . Anyways just to let you know i am still under AP and its been more than 90 days now.I called DOS and ISL and according to them my passport is at non-immigrant visa unit no further information is available they just say its pending.But the thing is my case is K-1 and what i noticed cr1/ir1 APs seems to be shorter so hang in there.It will be over before you know it.....Good Luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
MumtazG38 : Sorry to hear about your interview experience and AP.Some of the COs are rude with everyone for no reason and it is highly un-professional that he rudly told you to sitdown.You shouldnt take that upon ur heart and just ignore it, i was interviewed by a rude CO as well but i know how to talk to these kinda people so when i started tawkin wid ma firm and deep NY accent he changed his tone ......no need to be rude...lol . Anyways just to let you know i am still under AP and its been more than 90 days now.I called DOS and ISL and according to them my passport is at non-immigrant visa unit no further information is available they just say its pending.But the thing is my case is K-1 and what i noticed cr1/ir1 APs seems to be shorter so hang in there.It will be over before you know it.....Good Luck.

are the interviewers american or Pakistani?

------------

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-27

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-30

I-129F NOA2: 2009-10-07

I-129F NVC Receipt: 2009-10-14

I-129F NVC sent to Consulate: 2009-10-14

I-129F Consulate received: 2009-10-19

I-129F Consulate Interview Date set: 2009-01-08

I-129F Interview Date: 2009-02-08

I-129F Visa Issued: 2009-02-09

She is coming here ....: I am buying tickets...

and

Waiting....

------------------

Timeline

are the interviewers american or Pakistani?

They have both they even have farsi COs and urdu speaking americans so it depends if u wanna be interviewed in english or in urdu.I had some short & stocky white dude.

We had our interview Yesterday guys....got the green slip and they took my husbands passport and the interviewer said that if in a month and a half they didn't call us about the visa that we should call them to inquire about it.

P.S.

Sorry about your bad experience at the interview (F) But it is important to note that he is approved pending the routine mandatory AP and that they took his passport. Both of these are an indication that it should not take too long. The most important thing is to take care of your health. Hopefully it won't be long. Sorry I can't give any more detailed information because my fiance interviewed in London.

Timeline

MumtazG38 - sorry to hear about the AP, but i am sure you were expecting it - tough luck - Adding you 2 the List that nobody looks forward 2.

I hope some1 will hear good news this week.

Edited by FEISAL

N-400 Time

Timeline

MumtazG38 - No it does not really matter if they keep the passport or not - at my Interview CO looked through my passport and there were lots of stamps on it so he said i better not keep your passport as you travel a lot and it might take 2 to 3 months or sometimes longer for AP.

N-400 Time

Timeline
MumtazG38 - No it does not really matter if they keep the passport or not - at my Interview CO looked through my passport and there were lots of stamps on it so he said i better not keep your passport as you travel a lot and it might take 2 to 3 months or sometimes longer for AP.

If i had my passport with me i would have visted south africa to kill time....hey faisal hows the job market in dubai ? you go there often rite?

Timeline

Omark - Things were not too great for the first 6 to 8 months of the year for UAE, but things are clearing up. DBA with good experience is always good anywhere in the world you have a very good chance.

N-400 Time

Timeline

aww MumtazG38 its okay..Sorry that you had a bad experience with CO.. AP will be over soon and inshaAllah you will have your baby here with your hubz!

One good thing for keeping the passport is you don;t have to wait for the call to submit the passport and then wait for another week or two to get the visa stamped on it.. CO kept my husband's passport, visa was approved on Aug.24th and he picked it up on the 27th so yes it will save you a week or two, which means a lot to all of us. :-)

Marriage January 23, 2005

USCIS

August 14, 2006- I-130 Sent

September 22, 2008- NOA 1 Received

September 17, 2008- Became a USC

September 18, 2008- Upgraded I-130

March 20, 2009 - NOA2 (email)

March 25, 2009- NOA2 (hardcopy Received)

NVC

April 3, 2009 - Case Number Assigned

June 5, 2009 CASE COMPLETED AT NVC

June 9, 2009 Interview Date Assigned

July 16, 2009 Interview AP

August 24, 2009 DOS Operator said "VISA HAS BEEN ISSUED TODAY" Alhamdulillah

August 26, 2009 call from embassy to PICK UP THE PASSPORT :-)

August 27, 2009 Picked up the passport... woohooo!!!

September 9, 2009 US Entry InshaAllah

October 13, 2009 SSN and green card in mail DONE WITH USCIS until husband applies for his citizenship!!

The journey of 4 years, 8 months, and 3 weeks has ended!!!

.png

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My wife had IR-1 visa interview this morning and it got approved without AP/AR.

Here are some details:

My wife, two kids and my self were at the diplomatic shuttle transport service center (DSTS) around 7:00am. We took the token number for issuing shuttle tickets and waited in the waiting room for about 30 min or so. We bought the bus tickets for PK RS 500 each and proceeded to the shuttle after our number had been called.

We were in the embassy around 8:00am after security checks.

I went with my wife for the interview but did not go with her to the interview window as I was taking care of my two kids in the waiting room. Also I have seen in many cases CO have asked petitioner to wait in the waiting room and not be with their spouses during interview process.

First, my wife gone through finger printing process, then turn in her passport to another window, third time they called my wife's name for medical reports and finally fourth time they called my wife for interview. CO was a middle aged lady. She turned out to be friendly and nice.

We organized all of the documents that we could think of but not a single document were asked. I also got the new Islamabad Police character certificate (PCC) as we got REF from NVC to bring new PCC on interview. Again, except medical reports not a single extra document has been asked during the interview.

As, I have been in Pakistan since 2006 with my wife and kids so I was prepared for questions regarding my USA domicile and during interview CO asked my wife if I could come to the interview window and answered few questions regarding this. which I gladly did.

CO's main concern were about our intention to move back to USA and she wanted to make sure that we are 100% positive to moving back to USA. Once I cleared that to CO, she congratulated to my wife and said you can collect your passport from American Express in Islamabad with in one to two week time frame. She gave us American Express token number for collecting my wife passport. No blue, yellow or any other form is given which mentioned AP/AR.

I am glad it went pretty well.

Thanks for all those people who answered my queries here on VJ.

No blue, yellow or any other form is given which mentioned AP/AR.

I am glad it went pretty well.

Thanks for all those people who answered my queries here on VJ.

Congratulations to you and your family! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.