ALI555

Everyone going through Administrative Processing in ISLAMABAD

2,010 posts in this topic

Yes marm CO said congratulations u r approved he never used the word AP.He said we need to do some office work and you will get ur passport soon, he wrote 1-3 months on the green letter and said dont worry it wont take that long.(yea rite) ..... anyhow what can one do but to wait.

OK so you are not in AR. If he said congrats you are approved it means you are in routine AP, so your fiancee won't get a phone investigation. InshaAllah you will get the visa any day now since you have already waited 3 months.

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
I just checked your timeline its very organized and detailed which is helpful for other members.Reason i asked about the phone call is maybe my fiancee would get a call as well cuz i cant think of any other reason for this delay.Maybe they wanna call and interview her? i cant think of anything which can cause the delay(3 months) .......its a k-1 for god sake :) we have a long way to go.

Exactly, we K-1 people have a long way to go. If I had known of a chance that my fiance would be put on AR to do investigation on the eligibility of his K-1 visa, we would have gotten married and filed the CR-1. It would not have eliminated the routine AP process for Pakistani citizens, but at least we wouldn't have been stuck in AR for so long while they were investigating his case. At the time of your interview, did the CO clearly tell you that you were approved but being put in AP? InshaAllah your wait will be over very soon, we are praying for everyone here as well as ourselves :yes:

Yes marm CO said congratulations u r approved he never used the word AP.He said we need to do some office work and you will get ur passport soon, he wrote 1-3 months on the green letter and said dont worry it wont take that long.(yea rite) ..... anyhow what can one do but to wait.

yea, that's exactly what they told my fiancé.. Congrats, approved, AP 1-3 months, don't worry won't take that long.. And here we are, Monday will be our 3 months of AP mark.. Bleh.. I really hope it IS any day now!! Didn't Ali get his call after 3 1/2 months exactly?? That name's even more common than Omar.. :| we should both be really close, but I'm counting on you getting the call this week :) :)

--------------------

OMAR & HALEY'S K-1 PROCESS

11/11/2008 - FILED I-129F

11/18/2008 - NOA1 RECEIVED

03/11/2009 - RECEIVED NOA2 (approved!)

03/19/2009 - NVC RECEIVED CASE FILE

04/01/2009 - NVC SENT CASE TO ISL EMBASSY

04/06/2009 - ISL EMBASSY RECEIVED CASE FILE

********* - NEVER RECEIVED PACKET 3.5 FROM ISL (called / emailed, no luck)

********* - CREATED OUR OWN PACKET WITH ITEMS THE ISL EMBASSY TOLD US IN EMAIL THAT THEY NEEDED

06/10/2009 - SUBMITTED PACKET 3.5 TO AMEX IN ISLAMABAD

06/16/2009 - RECEIVED INTERVIEW LETTER THROUGH AMEX IN ISLAMABAD

07/20/2009 - INTERVIEW (approved!) AP

10/12/2009 - 3 MONTHS OF AP COMPLETE...

10/21/2009 - CALL TO SUBMIT PASSPORT!

11/04/2009 - U.S. EMBASSY, ISLAMABAD RECIEVED PASSPORT IN MAIL (NOW UNDER FINAL REVIEW)

11/16/2009 - U.S. EMBASSY, ISLAMABAD MAILED PASSPORT W/ VISA TO U.S. EMBASSY KABUL

11/22/2009 - CALL TO PICK UP PASSPORT!

12/01/2009 - FLYING TO U.S.!!!!!!!!!

12/02/2009 - HE'S HERE!!! <3 <3 <3

12/07/2009 - MARRIED IN COLORADO! <3

12/20/2010 - APPLIED FOR SOCIAL SECURITY CARD

04/09/2010 - RECEIVED WORK AUTHORIZATION CARD IN THE MAIL!

06/20/2010 - DID SECOND INTERVIEW

08/10/2010 - RECEIVED 2-YEAR GREEN CARD!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
I just checked your timeline its very organized and detailed which is helpful for other members.Reason i asked about the phone call is maybe my fiancee would get a call as well cuz i cant think of any other reason for this delay.Maybe they wanna call and interview her? i cant think of anything which can cause the delay(3 months) .......its a k-1 for god sake :) we have a long way to go.

Exactly, we K-1 people have a long way to go. If I had known of a chance that my fiance would be put on AR to do investigation on the eligibility of his K-1 visa, we would have gotten married and filed the CR-1. It would not have eliminated the routine AP process for Pakistani citizens, but at least we wouldn't have been stuck in AR for so long while they were investigating his case. At the time of your interview, did the CO clearly tell you that you were approved but being put in AP? InshaAllah your wait will be over very soon, we are praying for everyone here as well as ourselves :yes:

yea, that's exactly what they told my fiancé.. Congrats, approved, AP 1-3 months, don't worry won't take that long.. And here we are, Monday will be our 3 months of AP mark.. Bleh.. I really hope it IS any day now!! Didn't Ali get his call after 3 1/2 months exactly?? That name's even more common than Omar.. :| we should both be really close, but I'm counting on you getting the call this week :) :)

Insha'Allah you will get the call soon... from the trend that I saw, people with common names take up to 3.5-4 months... so you are almost theree just a matter of a couple of weeks. You are all in my duas

ticker.png

Timeline

Reciting Surah Muzzammil is just wow, reciting any Surah of course gives you a peaceful feeling of assurance and security, but this Surah you'd WANT to recite 41 times every day because you get such a strong sense of security and a strong hope of accomplishment in any hardships. I advise you all to recite this, it really is amazing!

How is everyone's weekend? No offense to you members on this post now, but I miss the old vj members such as waiting4 approval or ali or sibtain because they were always keeping this post alive and having random discussions. This post used to have a new response at least every hour, but now it's like every other day or once a week.

What's going onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.... keep your hopes up, I know it's hard when there is no feedback, but if we know the ultimate feedback is our fiance/e's or spouses getting their visa then really what more hope do we need besides getting it in a fast time interval.

Insha'Allah I guarantee it that we will all unite with our loved ones... just stay proactive!

ticker.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Reciting Surah Muzzammil is just wow, reciting any Surah of course gives you a peaceful feeling of assurance and security, but this Surah you'd WANT to recite 41 times every day because you get such a strong sense of security and a strong hope of accomplishment in any hardships. I advise you all to recite this, it really is amazing!

How is everyone's weekend? No offense to you members on this post now, but I miss the old vj members such as waiting4 approval or ali or sibtain because they were always keeping this post alive and having random discussions. This post used to have a new response at least every hour, but now it's like every other day or once a week.

What's going onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.... keep your hopes up, I know it's hard when there is no feedback, but if we know the ultimate feedback is our fiance/e's or spouses getting their visa then really what more hope do we need besides getting it in a fast time interval.

Insha'Allah I guarantee it that we will all unite with our loved ones... just stay proactive!

I guess we dont really have many issues with our cases besides waiting.Ok here is a question .... I already have a SSN and it does not say(not valid for employement) I already received an A number on my previous I-94 from the time when i was on F-1(student Visa),in my opinion i wont receive a new snn upon my arrival dont you think it should be the same with the A number? on my noa2 they gave me a different A number.....what do you think?

I guess we dont really have many issues with our cases besides waiting.Ok here is a question .... I already have a SSN and it does not say(not valid for employement) I already received an A number on my previous I-94 from the time when i was on F-1(student Visa),in my opinion i wont receive a new snn upon my arrival dont you think it should be the same with the A number? on my noa2 they gave me a different A number.....what do you think?

SSN #, once issued, is yours forever and is the only one you will ever be issued. However, the A# you have now should be different from your F-1 because at the time of F-1 you were here just to study, and did not adjust status but left the USA. Now you are coming here on a different visa, but this time to immigrate, so you have a diff A#, which you should use always whenever required in the USA once you enter on the K-1, disregard your old A#.

Timeline

SSN #, once issued, is yours forever and is the only one you will ever be issued. However, the A# you have now should be different from your F-1 because at the time of F-1 you were here just to study, and did not adjust status but left the USA. Now you are coming here on a different visa, but this time to immigrate, so you have a diff A#, which you should use always whenever required in the USA once you enter on the K-1, disregard your old A#.

Thank you marm for the info.So you think i can start work right away or i will have to wait till i get EAD? i heard they stamp ur passport at the poe and that makes u eligible to work meaning u dont have to wait for ur EAD? any idea? i have a great oppertunity lined up and the recruiter wants me to start ASAP.

Thank you marm for the info.So you think i can start work right away or i will have to wait till i get EAD? i heard they stamp ur passport at the poe and that makes u eligible to work meaning u dont have to wait for ur EAD? any idea? i have a great oppertunity lined up and the recruiter wants me to start ASAP.

Unfortunately you will still have to wait until you get your EAD to start working. The stamp at POE is no longer issued (the only POE to issue the stamp used to be JFK) and even if you do get a stamp by some chance, the employment verification procedures have changed nationally as of June 09, so the stamp is no longer sufficient to begin working. You will have to wait for your EAD and then you also have to go back to the SSN office to get the restriction removed from your SSN (DHS not allowed to work restriction is on your SSN until you become eligible to work). Have you talked to the recruiter about your situation? Just so that they know you are interested but have to wait a bit to get your EAD. Current times for EAD cards are running about 2-3 months from applying for them with your AOS doc.

All of the above info is for K-1 people only! :)

Timeline

Unfortunately you will still have to wait until you get your EAD to start working. The stamp at POE is no longer issued (the only POE to issue the stamp used to be JFK) and even if you do get a stamp by some chance, the employment verification procedures have changed nationally as of June 09, so the stamp is no longer sufficient to begin working. You will have to wait for your EAD and then you also have to go back to the SSN office to get the restriction removed from your SSN (DHS not allowed to work restriction is on your SSN until you become eligible to work). Have you talked to the recruiter about your situation? Just so that they know you are interested but have to wait a bit to get your EAD. Current times for EAD cards are running about 2-3 months from applying for them with your AOS doc.

All of the above info is for K-1 people only! :)

Thats not good marm i wish if they still issue ead at poe.My ssn has no restrictions cuz otherwise it says on the card ( not valid for employment).What DHS has to do with the SS card ? isnt it issued from social security administration? what if i had a work permit, cuz after u graduate u can get an ead for a year if u were on F-1...... anyways looks like i am gonna be out of work for atleast till i get my EAD ... thats kinda sux.Recruiter doesnt know abt my situation but i m sure i will be able to get other oppertunities after getting an ead.

Timeline

The social security changes if it's on temporary status going to permanent status. I work at my school and I see students who are on student visas that have a temp social security that starts with 000 or something like that. One student had two ssn's, one was given at the time of him being on a student visa and then I guess he filed for permanent status somehow and got a permanent ssn. As far as the A number goes, I'm assuming the A number on your noa2 will be your permanent ID number for your naturalization as opposed to the one given on F-1. When you come here insha'Allah, you should point that out to them though. The Social Security Administration spelled my name wrong on my ssn card and I didn't bother changing it until I started working. My supervisor said that the government will see the ssn card and the application as two different people according to the name and if I wanted to file for my taxes, it would have caused a lot of issues. Now I know why I had so much problems when my mom would enroll me in an elementary school. Every 3 months they would ask to bring some other proof of identity and so on.

ticker.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.