1,208 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
yay another noa1 huh? good on you! good luck for the rest of the journey!

as for me, i emailed the NVC a few days ago asking about original marriage cert and birth cert etc for further down the process... when we have to give them over.

they emailed me back today telling me that they will return all my originals at the embassy when i have my interview so thats good news.

i got the email when i woke up and it said NVC on it, so i did a little freak out thinking omg it couldnt be THERE already hahahaha!

i am going to start getting my immunisation records ready and maybe even get my police check soon. i know the police check is valid for 12 months and i honestly cant see the process taking more than 12 months so i am doing it ahead of time.

the only thing we cant do ahead of time is the medical i heard? so i will get my police check and at least see what immunisations i have had in the past.

in other news, i did my tax return last night for this year, and guess what? i am getting a $4,000 return! can you believe it? i cant! it will really help for the move to the US!

Missed you yesterday, D! I had my husband get his PCC in April, since I knew we would file soon after marriage. Most countries PCC's are good for a year :) Congrats on the tax return!!

One of our first trips together after he gets here, and a job, hehehehe, is to go to Australia. It has been a dream of mine since I was little. I will have to ask you about it sometime :yes:

~K

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello Aline (F) ,

its so nice to hear from you here..were still waitting for our NOA2 our 1st wedding anniversary comming soon but were still not together...all i wish and pray for 1st wedding anniversary is the NOA2, this would be the best gift we will have :yes::D(L) ...But we have to be patient..its good for u ,u got ur Visa now.. Im happy for you aline...take care my friend... :yes:

as1cE_UNw000000MDA0NDZzfDAxNTZzfHdlZGRpbmcgYW5uaXZlcnNhcnk.gif

june 01,2009 -----mailed I130

june 16,2009 -----receieve NOA1

-----waitting for NOA2 at the moment

Sherill and paul

Hello she,

This is Aline glad you decide to apply for the CR1.

I hope and pray that you will have your Noa2 in an earlier time too.

God Bless us Always.

Hello june filers (F) ... I hope and pray :innocent: for all of us to have our NOA2 by september ...hope this year will be a good one for us Guys...we just need to pray :innocent: for each other... I missed my husband so much and our 1st wedding anniversary's comming soon....but were not together its so sad :crying::crying::crying: ...

God Bless...

sherill and Paul

Hey!!! That's so awesome, you really should visit, but make sure you come to Melbourne too ok? Most people go to Sydney. I've lived in both places but I'm from Melbourne.

I'm hoping we all have good news soon.... Fingers crossed!

yay another noa1 huh? good on you! good luck for the rest of the journey!

as for me, i emailed the NVC a few days ago asking about original marriage cert and birth cert etc for further down the process... when we have to give them over.

they emailed me back today telling me that they will return all my originals at the embassy when i have my interview so thats good news.

i got the email when i woke up and it said NVC on it, so i did a little freak out thinking omg it couldnt be THERE already hahahaha!

i am going to start getting my immunisation records ready and maybe even get my police check soon. i know the police check is valid for 12 months and i honestly cant see the process taking more than 12 months so i am doing it ahead of time.

the only thing we cant do ahead of time is the medical i heard? so i will get my police check and at least see what immunisations i have had in the past.

in other news, i did my tax return last night for this year, and guess what? i am getting a $4,000 return! can you believe it? i cant! it will really help for the move to the US!

Missed you yesterday, D! I had my husband get his PCC in April, since I knew we would file soon after marriage. Most countries PCC's are good for a year :) Congrats on the tax return!!

One of our first trips together after he gets here, and a job, hehehehe, is to go to Australia. It has been a dream of mine since I was little. I will have to ask you about it sometime :yes:

~K

Hello june filers (F) ... I hope and pray :innocent: for all of us to have our NOA2 by september ...hope this year will be a good one for us Guys...we just need to pray :innocent: for each other... I missed my husband so much and our 1st wedding anniversary's comming soon....but were not together its so sad :crying::crying::crying: ...

God Bless...

sherill and Paul

you poor things, I'll pray for you. I know our 1st wedding anniversary ill hope for us to be together but it's only 4 months away so it'll be hard!!

Noa2 can't come fast enough I say!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Well, on a brighter note, they tell me that this is the longest wait time between NOAs. Said NVC can fly by as long as you are prepared with the money and documents. I hope so, I have been trying to get my honey here since April 2008 when we first applied for the K1. Anything not to have to endure the HOT as HECK summers in India, hehehe. But I guess he is worth the move if push comes to shove :blush:

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Well, on a brighter note, they tell me that this is the longest wait time between NOAs. Said NVC can fly by as long as you are prepared with the money and documents. I hope so, I have been trying to get my honey here since April 2008 when we first applied for the K1. Anything not to have to endure the HOT as HECK summers in India, hehehe. But I guess he is worth the move if push comes to shove :blush:

yeah I bet it's super hot there in summer! We had our hottest summer ever in Melbourne this past January, and lots of bushfires... Just awful!

Can't wait to get this noa2 out the way...

Hey guys, how are we all?

I was thinking.... Do I need to wait til noa2 comes in before I get my police check? I saw in another thread someone said it needs to be dated AFTER noa2 date... But I don't know if that's the case...

I figure if it's valid for 12 months I may as well get it now... Anyway I booked in for august 14, maybe we will all have good luck and get noa2s by then hehe

P.S this time next week my beautiful hubby will be back in the US :(

Xxxxx

Hi June filers! I am waiting for my mom's i-130 from CSC - details in signature

My PAST Timelines:

10/2004 - Conditional GC

08/2006 - 10/2007 - Lifting Conditions timeline

10/2007 - 6/26/2009 Citizenship, Los Angeles DO timeline

auBam7.png

CSC i-130 for my Mom

06/30/09 - delivered

07/06/09 - NOA date (rec'd - 07/10) #WAC 09xxx3, touched.

07/08/09 - check cashed, #WAC 09xxx2 (not online)

08/29/09 - APPROVED!!!

NVC

09/14/09 - NVC case # assigned, emails registered

09/17/09 - email AOS bill received and paid online, ds3032 received and returned

09/21/09 - AOS bill status "PAID", FedExed out AOS, 09/24/09 delivered to NVC

09/28/09 - AVR:AOS acknowledged

10/02/09 - 3032 was acknol. by NVC, paid IV Bill online

10/05/09 - emails: 1 pm -RFE for 3032, 3 pm - IV bill, 5 pm - status PAID

10/09/09 - ds230 delivered to NVC at 9am

10/14/09 - AVR: Checklist response was received

10/20/09 - login failed! - between 5 pm and 9 pm PST, at 5 pm it was still working

10/21/09 - case complete! (AVR updated after 10 pm) = total NVC 37 days

10/28/09 - interview date email came at 6.30 pm, no AVR changes yet

10/30/09 - AVR: "Case sent to embassy on Oct 29" = total 4 months from delivery of i130 to USCIS

11/02/09 - Medical

11/20/09 - Interview - PASSED!!!

11/28 - POE: LAX

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

HI DONNA IM NEW HERE AND PROBABLY DOING EVERYTHING WRONG!!!!! I SORRY WE MY FIANCEE IN OHIO ME IN UK WERE GONNA GO DOWN THE FIANCEE VISA ROUTE BUT SOUNDS VERY SAD EVEN IF WE IN DIFF COUNTRIES ( WHICH I KNOW WE WILL HAVE TO BE FOR A WHILE) JUST WANT TO BE MAN AND WIFE!! DO U THINK IT MAKES MUCH DIFF AS IN TIME AND COST JUST TO GET MARRIED WHEN I NEXT VISIT IN AUG AND JUST GET MARRIED THEN APPLY FOR SPOUSAL VISA??? DRIVING US NUTS X

Donna.

hi there!

i wouldnt be the one to guide you on what to do, but i entered the US as a visitor and i got married to my husband while on a tourist visa, then had to come back to australia to work, and then he visited me here, and we applied for CR-1 from australia.

i am only a little way into the process.

the thing i would recommend, if you decide to get married when you visit the US, you will need to be very careful going through customs in US. i guess it could work, koz i did it, and others have too, but yeah, once you are in the US and married, you technically can stay there and apply from there...

good luck!

:D

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I was thinking.... Do I need to wait til noa2 comes in before I get my police check? I saw in another thread someone said it needs to be dated AFTER noa2 date... But I don't know if that's the case...

I figure if it's valid for 12 months I may as well get it now... Anyway I booked in for august 14, maybe we will all have good luck and get noa2s by then hehe

Xxxxx

Hey, I'm not sure about that. It sounds like it is different in Ecuador than in Australia. We were told the police records get updated every 3 months in Ecuador, so for us it is best to wait at least until NOA2. Best of luck~

Also glad to see your hubby will be able to visit! I couldn't hold out longer and just booked a ticket for next Wednesday to visit my love. :) :) :)

Marriage : 2009-05-23!! :)

I-130 Sent : 2009-06-13

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-06-19

I-129F Sent : 2009-06-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-06-29

I-129F RFE(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-11-06

NVC Left : 2009-11-20

Consulate Rec'd : 2009-11-29

Interview Date : 2009-12-14

Interview Result : Administrative Review

Second Interview

(If Required): 2010-01-06 No Interview. - date review complete.

Second Interview Result: Approved

Visa Received : 2010-01-08

Hey!

FYI I just found out from the Australian (Vic) police today that ours are valid for 12 months so I'm ok to do mine now.. I'm booked in for mid august!

Hope everyone is well xxxx

Xxxxx

Hey, I'm not sure about that. It sounds like it is different in Ecuador than in Australia. We were told the police records get updated every 3 months in Ecuador, so for us it is best to wait at least until NOA2. Best of luck~

Also glad to see your hubby will be able to visit! I couldn't hold out longer and just booked a ticket for next Wednesday to visit my love. :) :) :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.