1,208 posts in this topic

Sigh...immigration does put on extra stress and pressure that I don't even notice myself until i keep getting sick recently and it's affecting my Fibromyalgia...

Anyway, my husband in Hong Kong is taking his time with gathering his documents for the DS 230 package too....we applied for the certified marriage certificate the date we got married back in May, and he still hasn't pick them up yet. I told him he will need to go back to China to get his certified birth certificate, to find his passport, and well, he still hasn't done any, and now he has a really bad cold and sore throat that he can't even talk, let alone sending the DS3230 form/email...

Sigh...sometimes, I feel guilty that because he met me and now he needs to work on all these extra paper work and process to move here to the USA...he makes very little money in Hong Kong because of the economy there and his education level, and all these immigration expenses is making him very stressful and depress sometimes. He feels bad that I have to pay for all that and go through all these, but then, to me, it all worths it at the end, so it's ok.

But sometimes, I get depress too that there's just so much to do, and so many more expenses that's coming our way---medical, moving expenses, plane ticket...and well, I guess I will have to go to China with him during my 1-week trip in November to Hong Kong as well for his birth certificate....

I guess we all just need to take a deep breath, and as the other member said---one problem at a time...eventually, it all worths it....

Thanks a lot every one....I have no one to talk to about my stress/pressure and it seems like you guys will understand...my hubby is still too sick to talk....

5de285cd-1.jpg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline

Hey K and D,

You guys are just worry and i do understand. When I came here, I didnt find a good JOB. But I did what i found and never feel bad. I know one thing its matter of time. I hope how ever is coming from outside will be ok, just will take time. K i know your husband will need little time and will adject. I think he gona have prob with the food, like me in starting :unsure: . Good luck to you both :thumbs:

D dont worry to much, No one knows future. But we can make our future to workout things..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
:lol: funny you mention food. my husband is weird. doesn't care too much for indian food. rather have american, chinese or mexican. i am the one who wants indian food :lol: mmmm, naan, butter chicken, chole batura, hehehe. he thinks i only come to india for the food, and he is just an afterthought :rofl:

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

:lol: funny you mention food. my husband is weird. doesn't care too much for indian food. rather have american, chinese or mexican. i am the one who wants indian food :lol: mmmm, naan, butter chicken, chole batura, hehehe. he thinks i only come to india for the food, and he is just an afterthought :rofl:

Thats good to hear, so better get ready for pan cakes...Also ask him to learn chicken/muton curry ....forget to said buy a welcom gift 4 hime..a clay owen to make NAN/Roti + Tandori Chicken.....hehhe :rofl:

Edited by IT_1

I love Indian food!

My favorite is Japanese though and there's no chance of getting that in Kentucky!!!

Hubby hates it too... :/

I just had a breakdown tonight on the phone to hubby. He is so worried about me, heck I am too!!!!

Timeline

:lol: he has promised to teach me how to make the indian dishes. so i guess i will just have to wait <_<. we have only one indian restaurant where i live, but i cannot convince any of my family members to go with me. so again, i will have to wait <_<:lol:

stop by missouri, girlie, there are a couple of japanese restaurants here. food cooked right in front of ya. ooooo, that sounds good. it must be lunch time :lol:

I love Indian food!

My favorite is Japanese though and there's no chance of getting that in Kentucky!!!

Hubby hates it too... :/

I just had a breakdown tonight on the phone to hubby. He is so worried about me, heck I am too!!!!

He is home!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
hahahahaha Don't worry, Donna--one problem at a time, right? When my wife comes here I will still be finishing my MBA, under staggering amounts of debt, and trying to keep my startup company afloat, so when I try to think down the road to the future, I get freaked out too. But I know that once she gets *here*, the simple reality of being FINISHED with immigration will make my life 100000000000000000% easier. The amount of stress this process confers upon those undergoing it is just horrifying. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemies! :P

I figure, once she's here, I can freak out about the rest of my life. But none of that stuff is worth anything without her, so I don't see any point in worrying about it until I clear this hurdle. One mountain at a time. :)

I wish I had someone positive like you around, my husband is getting like me lately, everything is bringing him down and I fear he will never get a job either. At least you have education and a career ahead of you. I have that here, but not in the USA. I won't even have my own space there. I'm starting to really worry about that.

Of course I love him and care, but it's a whole lot more than that now, and even the tiniest of things I've asked for help on with this immigration ####### have been such a big stress on him and I think shiiit I've done most of it, and haven't complained, and then now, when I ask one tiny thing, it's hard for him.

Thennnnn when I get there and he doesn't get work??? I can't deal with that.

I don't know if I'm being unreasonable or freaking out over nothing. I'm scared as hell right now.

Hey Donna,

Sometimes I feel the same way. I am still studying and don't have a lot of money and when my husband gets here he has to start from scratch. He doesn't have education from USA either. It's frustrating, but it will be ok. I am willing to do all sorts of work if I just get to be with him, I can't live my life without him, no matter how hard it gets when he comes here.

Don't worry about the parents. HOpefully you will get a job and save enough money to move out within a few months. I wish you luck. I still haven't assembled all my 864 stuff. So I am worried about that.

Wedding: 2008-12-15 in Lahore Pakistan

NOA2 (approval) 2009-08-31 (after waiting 3 months)

NVC Case # Assigned 2009-09-14

AOS package sent: 2010-03-22(after 6 months of AOS bill paid)

Login Failure: 2010-04-05 at 10:50 pm YAY!!!!!!!!

Case Complete @NVC (per AVR): 2010-04-06 at 3:00 am

Medical in Lahore: 2010-05-05, got the reports back on 2010-05-07

Interview Day: 2010-05-20 APPROVED! NO AP! <<True Miracle>>

Received Passport with Visa Stamp: 2010-05-22

POE: Houston, Texas on 2010-06-07, home by 11pm!>>>Cleared and finally home!

Received SSN: 2010-06-16

Greencard Received: 2010-07-15

Removal of Conditions:

NOA1: 2012-03-21

Biometrics: 2012-05-02

Approval 10 yrs Greencard: 2012-10-04

Greencard Received: 2012-10-??

hahahahaha Don't worry, Donna--one problem at a time, right? When my wife comes here I will still be finishing my MBA, under staggering amounts of debt, and trying to keep my startup company afloat, so when I try to think down the road to the future, I get freaked out too. But I know that once she gets *here*, the simple reality of being FINISHED with immigration will make my life 100000000000000000% easier. The amount of stress this process confers upon those undergoing it is just horrifying. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemies! :P

I figure, once she's here, I can freak out about the rest of my life. But none of that stuff is worth anything without her, so I don't see any point in worrying about it until I clear this hurdle. One mountain at a time. :)

I wish I had someone positive like you around, my husband is getting like me lately, everything is bringing him down and I fear he will never get a job either. At least you have education and a career ahead of you. I have that here, but not in the USA. I won't even have my own space there. I'm starting to really worry about that.

Of course I love him and care, but it's a whole lot more than that now, and even the tiniest of things I've asked for help on with this immigration ####### have been such a big stress on him and I think shiiit I've done most of it, and haven't complained, and then now, when I ask one tiny thing, it's hard for him.

I don't know if I'm being unreasonable or freaking out over nothing. I'm scared as hell right now.

Hey Donna,

Sometimes I feel the same way. I am still studying and don't have a lot of money and when my husband gets here he has to start from scratch. He doesn't have education from USA either. It's frustrating, but it will be ok. I am willing to do all sorts of work if I just get to be with him, I can't live my life without him, no matter how hard it gets when he comes here.

Don't worry about the parents. HOpefully you will get a job and save enough money to move out within a few months. I wish you luck. I still haven't assembled all my 864 stuff. So I am worried about that.

Your husband dont need only USA education to get a good job. Pakistani education is vaild here. In starting maybe hard to find a good job, but once he undrstand how the things work here he will have no prob. But again its depend on his education level..

But no worrys..after hard time good things happend.

Edited by IT_1

Timeline

Hey Donna,

Your husband dont need only USA education to get a good job. Pakistani education is vaild here. In starting maybe hard to find a good job, but once he undrstand how the things work here he will have no prob. But again its depend on his education level..

But no worrys..after hard time good things happend.

Aww thanks IT!

I hope it will be enough LOL. But everything makes me tensed, everybody's going through the same thing. My status on 864 is now PAID. But my 864 is not yet ready, so I have to send it by Monday.

Removal of Conditions:

Timeline
Sigh...immigration does put on extra stress and pressure that I don't even notice myself until i keep getting sick recently and it's affecting my Fibromyalgia...

Anyway, my husband in Hong Kong is taking his time with gathering his documents for the DS 230 package too....we applied for the certified marriage certificate the date we got married back in May, and he still hasn't pick them up yet. I told him he will need to go back to China to get his certified birth certificate, to find his passport, and well, he still hasn't done any, and now he has a really bad cold and sore throat that he can't even talk, let alone sending the DS3230 form/email...

Sigh...sometimes, I feel guilty that because he met me and now he needs to work on all these extra paper work and process to move here to the USA...he makes very little money in Hong Kong because of the economy there and his education level, and all these immigration expenses is making him very stressful and depress sometimes. He feels bad that I have to pay for all that and go through all these, but then, to me, it all worths it at the end, so it's ok.

But sometimes, I get depress too that there's just so much to do, and so many more expenses that's coming our way---medical, moving expenses, plane ticket...and well, I guess I will have to go to China with him during my 1-week trip in November to Hong Kong as well for his birth certificate....

I guess we all just need to take a deep breath, and as the other member said---one problem at a time...eventually, it all worths it....

Thanks a lot every one....I have no one to talk to about my stress/pressure and it seems like you guys will understand...my hubby is still too sick to talk....

I really understand your feelings, I do. I feel the same way sometimes that I am asking my husband to leave everything for me. It's really sad, but it's you who your husband wants to be with, so keep that in mind and everything will be ok. I am just trying to take one day at a time. Just focusing on what I need to do for the day. You have to pay the money so tell your husband he shouldn't feel bad and this is all so you both can be together soon. Take care and hope your husband feels better! You can always talk here about your stress and feelings.

Removal of Conditions:

Thanks for that, and also to miss K.

I will be alright in the long run I guess.

K, yummy! I need to move then!! Hehe

that said, there's sooo many Indian places to eat in Melbourne, oh and Japanese!!!

Timeline

hehehe, sounds like we need to trade places :P told ya i have always wanted to go to australia :dance:

He is home!!!

haha sounds good to me!

just popping in to say hello everyone.

today i noticed the AOS bill was shown as paid in the NVC online system so we sent off the I864 and I864A - this will be my most nerve wracking time as we have a co sponsor :)

well all that needs doing now is the IV bill to be paid and the DS230 to be sent off! wish us luck!!

in other news, i have had a horrible pain in my mouth all weekend and turns out i need to get a monster wisdom tooth removed. its being done today, in about 3 hours... so i am super nervous!

icecream for me soon! :D

xxxx

haha sounds good to me!

just popping in to say hello everyone.

today i noticed the AOS bill was shown as paid in the NVC online system so we sent off the I864 and I864A - this will be my most nerve wracking time as we have a co sponsor :)

well all that needs doing now is the IV bill to be paid and the DS230 to be sent off! wish us luck!!

in other news, i have had a horrible pain in my mouth all weekend and turns out i need to get a monster wisdom tooth removed. its being done today, in about 3 hours... so i am super nervous!

icecream for me soon! :D

xxxx

MY AOS bill showing pid too, will be sending AOS with docs tomorrow...

Edited by IT_1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.