1,208 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

there is a vj member on here that is well-versed on how to "abandon" the K3 and go for the CR1 instead. I will look for the link... I don't think you have to call.

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

there is a vj member on here that is well-versed on how to "abandon" the K3 and go for the CR1 instead. I will look for the link... I don't think you have to call.

oh really? i guess why i wanted to call is because im REALLY worried deep down that i am going to get an RFE after all my hard work.

you see, i followed all the instructions on this website to lodge the i-130 with all the appropriate forms etc, and then i saw the i-129f details somewhere else and thought, oh i have to send that too, not knowing it was totally seperate and it was for the k3.

my letter basically says i want to do the cr1 route, but then i have put a table of contents and at the end of it i have added form i-129f.

there are no other errors on any of my paperwork.. as far as i am aware anyway.

someone on here told me i would be ok and they would probably just send the i-129f form back saying that i cannot lodge it with the i-130 forms and have to lodge seperately....

BUT im still stressing out... you know.... aaahhhh..

i feel so selfish wanting an NOA2 when so many other people dont have them yet.. but i do, you know?

i want to be one of the ones who is lucky and gets it early.

Timeline

Anything is possible :star:

The flip isn't always easy, but it is possible. I don't think you will get an RFE. Some people believe that phone calls slow the process down. I am posting a link where the flip to CR1 was successful, and one where it wasn't successful. If all else fails, you can call the consulate when your case is complete at the NVC level.

Well, I read the last page of the forum for the "unsuccessful" and the consulate simply canceled the K3 interview, and kept the CR1 interview:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...172861&st=0

Here is the link where they were successful in switching the interview "to have the CR1 before the K3"

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=180499

So, I said all of that, to say this (strictly my opinion, of course). Don't slow your process down by contacting the already slow USCIS. Wait until your I130 is approved, NVC case complete, and contact the embassy in Australia :thumbs: Because by then you will know when your interview is.

When I have called USCIS in the past, they just read verbatim what is online because they are outsourced, and see what we see.

He is home!!!

Thank you soooo much miss K!!

You're a doll!

Do by sending the i129f have I started the k3 process? I was under the impression that A. The 129f form should not have gone yo USCIS anyway and B. If I ignore any possible replies to the 129f then go down the cr1 path that nothing will happen with the k3 route.

I guess youre sort of saying that, right? I mean just ignore it til after interview and then cancel the k3??

Sooooo confused.

Timeline

That would be awesome if they just ignore the K3. It should be an obsolete visa anyway. It was originally put in place because in "the olden days" CR1 would take years. So they thought with the K3 it would be faster, and it was. But now, I130s are at a max of 5 months. We chose the CR1 because we want him to work ASAP. And in the long run, it is cheaper.

The I129f is for the K1 and K3 visas. I am not sure if it is good to ignore anything at USCIS level, because I am not sure if they would realize that you would want to pursue the CR1, and that could just hold up your I-130. Prayerfully, the only response we will receive from USCIS is our NOA2s :dancing: Oh what joy! What rapture!

:star:NO RFEs FOR ANY JUNE FILERS:star:

He is home!!!

Timeline

It just dawned on me that you said you sent it with your packet. So you may be in luck since you are not supposed to send it until after you get the I130 NOA1. So, by sending it with the file, then they probably haven't even seen it, and won't see it until they actually review your I130. So, in essence, the I129F hasn't been "accepted" hence no NOA1 for your I129F. I hope that makes sense.

He is home!!!

I just don't get it still though, I mean I know we want cr1 as I need to work on arrival but I only accidentally put in that firm relating to k3 so I thought that's why I should call them and let them know....

But from what everyone says it's not good to do so, therefore meaning I can't even have a chance to rectify that mistake.

I don't see why I can't say hey I don't want that form lodged I just want to follow the cr1 path.

Heck I don't even know what the k3 path entails, let alone having to do both.

This sucks.... I'm going to be sick constantly til I find out I have noa2

I'm such an idiot for sending that form :(

It just dawned on me that you said you sent it with your packet. So you may be in luck since you are not supposed to send it until after you get the I130 NOA1. So, by sending it with the file, then they probably haven't even seen it, and won't see it until they actually review your I130. So, in essence, the I129F hasn't been "accepted" hence no NOA1 for your I129F. I hope that makes sense.

yeah but when they see it to approve my noa2 will they send me the whole thing including my 130 back koz I'm so stupid?!??

:( sad face!

yeah but when they see it to approve my noa2 will they send me the whole thing including my 130 back koz I'm so stupid?!??

:( sad face!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
JJ, you are a great story teller. Are you a writer? Your posts on this forum draw me in :) If not, you should consider it, I would buy your books :D

Well, I'm trying to be a writer....working full-time as a secretary right now to pay the bills (including immigration costs). By the time I leave my office, any/all creativity is sucked right out of me. By Sunday afternoon, I start feeling like I could write again, but then Monday happens.

Donna, I think I read someplace that you don't send the I-130 and the I-129f together, but I'm not sure what happens if you DO. Maybe you'll get lucky and they'll ignore your I-129f? Surely, you're not the first person to ever do it, so might be worth searching the forums. I'll help you look over my lunch hour. Try not to panic, even though I know you're panicking. Breathe...... we'll figure it out.

Married 2008

-------------------------------------------------------------------

5/21/09 - filed I-130

12/7/09 - Interview (denied for 28 yr old CIMT); filed waiver same day

6/18/10 - I-601 Waiver Denied, added misrep for checking wrong box on landing card (lifetime ban)

7/16/10 - AAO Appeal filed.

8/31/12 - AAO appeal sustained (THANK YOU, GOD FOR YOUR MERCY)

10/8/12 - USCIS sent file to Consulate

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

12/10/12 - HERE AT LAST! (ALL GLORY TO GOD!)

Timeline
I just don't get it still though, I mean I know we want cr1 as I need to work on arrival but I only accidentally put in that firm relating to k3 so I thought that's why I should call them and let them know....

But from what everyone says it's not good to do so, therefore meaning I can't even have a chance to rectify that mistake.

I don't see why I can't say hey I don't want that form lodged I just want to follow the cr1 path.

Heck I don't even know what the k3 path entails, let alone having to do both.

This sucks.... I'm going to be sick constantly til I find out I have noa2

I'm such an idiot for sending that form :(

Don't beat yourself down over it. My thinking is, if it bothers me so much to not call, then I would call. If nothing else, do it to ease the stress of it all. Like I read through the titles of the forum, and someone asked as their title, should their SO bring their identification? My thought? Why not? if they need it, then you have it. If they don't need it, then it is ok too. No harm no foul. Then if they need it and you don't have it, then a mess :P

They won't pull the file unless, by some miracle, you get to talk to an officer, and not only a customer service rep. The reps just read off screen. While you are on the phone, you can also check to see if someone has been assigned to your case or not :devil:

He is home!!!

JJ, you are a great story teller. Are you a writer? Your posts on this forum draw me in :) If not, you should consider it, I would buy your books :D

Well, I'm trying to be a writer....working full-time as a secretary right now to pay the bills (including immigration costs). By the time I leave my office, any/all creativity is sucked right out of me. By Sunday afternoon, I start feeling like I could write again, but then Monday happens.

Donna, I think I read someplace that you don't send the I-130 and the I-129f together, but I'm not sure what happens if you DO. Maybe you'll get lucky and they'll ignore your I-129f? Surely, you're not the first person to ever do it, so might be worth searching the forums. I'll help you look over my lunch hour. Try not to panic, even though I know you're panicking. Breathe...... we'll figure it out.

I'm freaking out so much I want to vomit!

I know I'm not suppposed to send them together NOW but at the time I didn't really post on here yet!

Also, I totally DO NOT want to do k3

oh my goodness I'm so stressed, thanks gor helping... I've tried asking this question before but no one gets it, they all just say "you're not supposed to..,,blah blah" yeah I know!!!!!!

Timeline

Right, and if all else fails, then just post a new topic, and someone is bound to answer.

He is home!!!

I've posted topics about this in the past and no one gets it...

I know what I did wrong, but all I get is the response of you shouldn't have sent them together.

I shouldn't have sent it ever.

I should have just sent i130.

I'm usually so organized and now I feel hopeless I made this error.

My husband is back in the US now, I'm having a meltdown and I haven't slept a night since he's been gone.

I'm trying so hard to be positive but I just feel like **** (enter bad word here)

This is awful of me to rant as I know you're all going through the same thing and many have been waiting longer... I just don't know how strong I can be anymore...

I think I'm going to try and sleep, it's midnight here so I better go to bed.

Thanks for the advice all.

Timeline

hi, Donna, I started a forum for you: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=208706&hl=

He is home!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.