Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hope Karencee is doing well!!! I recall her very well.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Two pictures... Ethans team won the championship, it was a pretty intense game between the parents mostly (:lol:)

Basically some kid (who looks way older than 12) and has been suspended until today, knocked down our star player and one of the other parents yelled: "GOOD JOB!" and that's when a few of the parents got upset. You don't congratulate your kids for knocking out another. Anyways whatever, they played dirty and they lost 7-2. :D

Pardon my finger in the last shot, and yes you can just tell he is tired of me taking pictures of him. :lol: Anyways the coaches gave him the game puck, they said he has improved a ton and they all look forward to seeing him next season. Yea he'll be back after learning this summer at a few hockey camps in Canada. :P

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

ello canadians! i've been busy unpacking and washing my work clothes this weekend, back to normal work tomorrow.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Work. I can't believe I actually miss that looney bin. I now have grave concerns about my mental health :D

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Two pictures... Ethans team won the championship, it was a pretty intense game between the parents mostly (:lol:)

Basically some kid (who looks way older than 12) and has been suspended until today, knocked down our star player and one of the other parents yelled: "GOOD JOB!" and that's when a few of the parents got upset. You don't congratulate your kids for knocking out another. Anyways whatever, they played dirty and they lost 7-2. :D

Pardon my finger in the last shot, and yes you can just tell he is tired of me taking pictures of him. :lol: Anyways the coaches gave him the game puck, they said he has improved a ton and they all look forward to seeing him next season. Yea he'll be back after learning this summer at a few hockey camps in Canada. :P

Awesome Job! :thumbs:

I'm thinking about getting into coaching a girls team. I rememeber how dedicated my coaches were, I'd like to pass on what they taught me over 20+ years of playing on to them :)

AOS/EAD

04/07/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

04/09/07 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

04/16/07 - NOA Date

05/10/07 - Transferred to CSC

05/30/07 - Case Pending at CSC

06/19/07 - Card Production Ordered for AOS

06/22/07 - Approval Notice Sent for AOS

06/23/07 - Welcome to America Letter received!

06/27/07 - Green Card Received

Removing Conditions

06/03/09 - Sent I-751

06/04/09 - Received at VSC

06/05/09 - NOA1

07/01/09 - Biometrics - Alexandria, VA

07/02/09 - the Lonely Touch

10/29/09 - Approved!

11/04/09 - Card Production Ordered

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif John 3dflags_can0001-0001a.gifKrystin = 3dflags_usava01-0001a.gif

3D Flags

Timeline

Yea his coaches were okay.

Today was the first time the parents called each other names.. I was staying out of it until some lady told my husband to shut up. All he was doing was telling her to calm down and that it was just a game.

She was so trashy and she looked like a walrus.

But his team was great, they worked together. Yesterday they won in overtime and today they just kicked a$$. It was really exciting to watch. My mom really enjoyed it too, glad she was here to catch these games.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
Yea his coaches were okay.

Today was the first time the parents called each other names.. I was staying out of it until some lady told my husband to shut up. All he was doing was telling her to calm down and that it was just a game.

She was so trashy and she looked like a walrus.

But his team was great, they worked together. Yesterday they won in overtime and today they just kicked a$$. It was really exciting to watch. My mom really enjoyed it too, glad she was here to catch these games.

:rofl:

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

SHE DID! :lol:

She was such a b1tch. When we told her that it wasn't nice that she cheered her kid on for hitting one of our kids her comeback was: "Its not ballet, its hockey"

Oh stfu walrus!

They were such a dirty team. I am so happy our team won.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

:lol:

I sense he has his mom's sassiness with that photo. But he is a serious cutie pie!

Glad hockey worked out in the end Sprailenes. :star: I can remember your first few posts when you were concerned about his basic skating abilities and the need for some more practice time. :lol:

Timeline

Yea he still needs to practice and learn some rules. He'll be going to a few camps in Canada and hopefully will come back more skills in time for next season. :P

Donne moi une poptart!

Good morning everyone! I'm baccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkk! :lol: We had an awesome time in Wisconsin. Good fishing and lazy days swimming. Back to the grind now though. Grinding my own coffee now again as well! :lol: SO many posts to read, so I'll just leave you with coffee while I now browse. Hope everyone is healthy and happy!

funny-pictures-squirrels-have-disco.jpg

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline
Good morning everyone! I'm baccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkk! :lol: We had an awesome time in Wisconsin. Good fishing and lazy days swimming. Back to the grind now though. Grinding my own coffee now again as well! :lol: SO many posts to read, so I'll just leave you with coffee while I now browse. Hope everyone is healthy and happy!

Oh Carla.. I love WI.. love the lakes there.. such a pretty place!!! Glad you had a great time!!

only 5 more sleeps till Canada!! :dance: I'm spending a glorious week with my family.. going to be lazy and just rest for an entire week!!!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.