Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Hi everyone.. probably won't be posting very much anymore... my ROC is complete now so I'm finding the pull away to other things.. :)

Anyway, I wanted to let everyone know that my friends were approved yesterday for the 4 kiddos from Brazil. They will be traveling there sometime in the next 2-3 months to pick up their kiddos.. that is another immigration victory IMO :)

Safe journeys everyone!

:o:crying:

See you on FB ;)

carlahmsb4.gif

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good morning! Gene and I are going to another Cardinals game tonight against the Reds. Looks like it will be another good evening as well with the humidity not being bad at all. I think the Cardinals ordered up this weather just for me!

Ooh, have a great time! I hope you get a really great game---with the Cardinals winning! Tonight is a good night for it.

K1

10/02/2007 ~ Sent I-129F to CSC

2/27/2008 ~ NOA2!!! (148 days)

5/27/2008 ~ Interview --- APPROVED!!

5/28/2008 ~ Visa in hand (239 days)

7/17/2008 ~ POE Portal, North Dakota

7/26/2008 ~ Marriage

AOS

8/26/2008 ~ Sent AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago lockbox

9/18/2008 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

9/22/2008 ~ Transferred to CSC

11/05/2008 ~ AP/EAD approved (71 days)

1/20/2009 ~ AOS approved!!! (147 days)

1/29/2009 ~ 2-year GC arrived (156 days)

Removing Conditions

11/18/2010 ~ Sent I-751 to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ I-751 delivered to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ NOA1

12/10/2010 ~ Received biometrics letter

12/21/2010 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

12/29/2010 ~ Touch

1/04/2011 ~ Case status finally available online

2/16/2011 ~ Approved!! (89 days)

2/22/2011 ~ 10-year GC arrived (95 days)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Good morning! Gene and I are going to another Cardinals game tonight against the Reds. Looks like it will be another good evening as well with the humidity not being bad at all. I think the Cardinals ordered up this weather just for me!

Ooh, have a great time! I hope you get a really great game---with the Cardinals winning! Tonight is a good night for it.

Yes, have fun tonight Carla.

Oh and maybe some of you would like to vote for my Tim Hortons story hmmmmm :hehe:

http://www.everycup.com/story/from-florida-to-calgary-01

Oh and krikit will be back like tomorrow - what will she say about Em ditching us!

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Voted for you Trailmix!

Moi Aussi!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

I voted for ya!!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Funny story time.

So my mom put my son in a Brian Trottier hockey camp this week. So today she went to pick him up and found out that Trottier would be signing autographs and taking pictures with the kids. So she starts talking to this man about Ethan and she starts asking him about what time Trottier would be by tomorrow because she usually just drops Ethan off and picks him up after the camp as she has to work.

So she is asking this guy what time Trottier will be signing autographs and he said: "All day" and my mom said: "Well do you know what time he will be here?" and the guy goes: "Well I will be here all day" :lol:

She got so embarrassed and told him that she was so sorry but that she wasn't really into hockey. :lol:

I thought it was funny.

Oh and she met Ralph Nader the other day, he stopped by the dump site 41 protests. BUT she recognized him. :lol:

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
Funny story time.

So my mom put my son in a Brian Trottier hockey camp this week. So today she went to pick him up and found out that Trottier would be signing autographs and taking pictures with the kids. So she starts talking to this man about Ethan and she starts asking him about what time Trottier would be by tomorrow because she usually just drops Ethan off and picks him up after the camp as she has to work.

So she is asking this guy what time Trottier will be signing autographs and he said: "All day" and my mom said: "Well do you know what time he will be here?" and the guy goes: "Well I will be here all day" :lol:

She got so embarrassed and told him that she was so sorry but that she wasn't really into hockey. :lol:

I thought it was funny.

Oh and she met Ralph Nader the other day, he stopped by the dump site 41 protests. BUT she recognized him. :lol:

:lol:

(ok now please go vote for my story ty)

Timeline
I did! I went on two computers and voted twice kthxbai! :D

You can actually vote multiple times from the same computer :P I've voted 9 times now :rofl:

Hmmm.

For some strange reason........my....... mac... won't.... let... me.

DANGER WILL ROBINSON!

broken%20robot.jpg

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

so I just got a friend request from my SIL on Facebook.. :unsure:

now, I like her just fine and she has always been nice to me etc but she likes to gossip a bit too much and I am worried that she would tell people things that I post.... not that I post anything outrageous but there are somethings I don't want everyone to in the whole wide world to know...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Other Country: Andorra
Timeline
I did! I went on two computers and voted twice kthxbai! :D

You can actually vote multiple times from the same computer :P I've voted 9 times now :rofl:

Hmmm.

For some strange reason........my....... mac... won't.... let... me.

DANGER WILL ROBINSON!

broken%20robot.jpg

mac_fail.jpg

Indy.gif

Timeline
so I just got a friend request from my SIL on Facebook.. :unsure:

now, I like her just fine and she has always been nice to me etc but she likes to gossip a bit too much and I am worried that she would tell people things that I post.... not that I post anything outrageous but there are somethings I don't want everyone to in the whole wide world to know...

I removed my MIL for the exact same reason. :D

Don't feel bad just say no!

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.