Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
so I am off to bed.. going to watch a movie or soemthing and then it is lights out for me.. I have to work tomorrow.. it is my last day of work before our vacation next week.. :dance: the people I work for our going to San Fransisco this week.. or I would be working Wednesday as well..

I don't know why I felt the need to tell you guys that :lol: I am just bored :P

Yay almost vacation time!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just wanted to share...today is my Bday, and it was the first bday i spent with my hubby :) having a long distance relationship over the past couple of years, trying to line up all the celebrations was tricky...so even though we spent a lot of time together every couple of weeks, we never officially saw each other on the day of my bday :)

This week, we went up to North Jersey, as I had a surgery scheduled for my back. The procedure was performed by one of my husbands colleague's...so it was nice to have him in the OR with me....i'm recovering now, can't work out for several weeks and have to take it easy....he took me out to dinner last night and also took me shopping :) My mom is also down from Toronto, helping out, so we had a really nice weekend.

I'm so grateful for everything my husband does for me, he truly is a wonderful man. There are times I sit around and can't believe that we are finally together :)

I hate being so immobile! I can't do anything...I am not allowed t even lift a shopping bag! :( I am such a physical person and so independent, that it's driving me nuts! I am dying to use my new washer and dryer but can't do laundry cause of the bending...carrying loads etc... we just moved in to our house and the washer was old....it died last week, so my husband went out and bought a new front load washer/dryer.... he joked when he sent me an email from the store with a pic of the washer saying 'for my new bride, your new gift so you can wash my underwear' lol.... they are so cool....they have all these digital settings etc.... who ever thought i'd get so excited by appliances...haha!

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Happy Birthday!! Wishing you a speedy recovery so you can get back to... doing laundry? :blink:

K-1

05/05/2009 - NOA1

07/17/2009 - NOA2

08/27/2009 - Visa Received

10/09/2009 - Married

AOS/EAD

11/18/2009 - NOA1

01/15/2010 - EAD Approved

02/25/2010 - AOS Interview

Adjuticator's Field Manual

Old VJ Adjuticator Q/A

Disclaimer : 100% of the time I only think I know what I'm talking about.

Happy Birthday!! Wishing you a speedy recovery so you can get back to... doing laundry? :blink:

HAHA! Me and my husband joke..the new washer set is so cool, we say that we are gonna set up a stool and just sit and watch the cycle! lol...my husband is so into electronics, that he has actually requested to do his own laundry cause he is so pumped about the technology...ah, ok, no argument here! lol....

I am one of those people that can't sit still...so yes, I enjoy doing laundry...not to mention that my 5 year old son is in that stage where we are having 'accidents' at night...I am washing bedsheets 3-4 times a week UGH!

Thanks for the well wishes :)

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Good morning everyone! I've been AWOL for the past several days. I've been busy, nothing really spectacular or anything, just things that have upset my routine, especially for posting in the a.m.! Hope everyone had a great weekend.

I'm so glad you made it safely back trailmix! It sounds like you're really appreciating being back home. I can tell from all your appreciative comments...particularly the sky. How lovely for you!

It's storming here, and some lightening, so I'm going to post coffee, then log out until it passes. Until then, enjoy your day!

doughnut-and-coffee.jpg

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline
Good morning everyone! I've been AWOL for the past several days. I've been busy, nothing really spectacular or anything, just things that have upset my routine, especially for posting in the a.m.! Hope everyone had a great weekend.

I'm so glad you made it safely back trailmix! It sounds like you're really appreciating being back home. I can tell from all your appreciative comments...particularly the sky. How lovely for you!

It's storming here, and some lightening, so I'm going to post coffee, then log out until it passes. Until then, enjoy your day!

Thanks Carla and thanks for the coffee - I was wondering where you had wandered off to, good to see you back. My sleeping is still off, as you can see, once I wake up i'm up - thinking of all the stuff that needs to be done! Yes i'm glad to be home, you know, when we drove over the border in to the U.S. I was elated for about 15 minutes - probably just because I don't like the border thing :lol:

When we crossed the border in to Canada my mood lifted 100%!

Poprocks, I completely understand your wanting to use your new washer and dryer - I was actually quite attached to mine, which I sold before we left Florida, they weren't even new anymore and the dryer had a dent on top from when we moved to the U.S.

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm so happy :) My Mom is coming for a visit on Friday, and then I'm driving her back home and going to stay in Canada a week or so, maybe two :) Can't wait to stock up on beer, wine gums, Tim's coffee, bits and bytes, and whatever else I long for!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Other Country: Andorra
Timeline

Ever since Mel and I decided that we were going to get married, we've had an ongoing converstation about where we were going to live. I had initially volunteered to move to Canada, but seeing as my job paid quite a bit more, and the fact that she was completely fed up with snow, we decided that it would be best for her to move here. Outside of a couple of stintes in Derry, N.Ireland, Valencia Spain, and Clemson, S. Carolina, i've lived my entire life in Los Angeles. I love it here. I love the real cultural diversity and especially the food. But this weekend, we started looking at moving, seeing as our lease is up at the end of October, and our new irritating neighbor has been loud and obnoxious again, we started our search. Everything is so ridiculously expensive if you want to live near the beach. Then on a whim, Mel looked up what we could get for what we are paying now in London, Ontario where she's from. Good god, we could afford a 3 bedroom, 3 bath townhouse with a backyard for what we pay for our tiny apartment. So, we have expanded our search of where we are looking to move. For right now, we're going to stick in Los Angeles area..... my job's benefits are really too good. I like my job, and love the people, but we are looking more long-term at moving to Canada now. She has put her foot down though, NO to Churchill Manitoba (I love polar bears), No Thunder Bay (I just love the name), No to Moosejaw (Again, just love the name), and HELL NO to Yellowknife (I watch far too much Ice Road Truckers). But then again, we're also looking at the Atlanta area too. Who knows at this point :lol:

Indy.gif

Timeline
Ever since Mel and I decided that we were going to get married, we've had an ongoing converstation about where we were going to live. I had initially volunteered to move to Canada, but seeing as my job paid quite a bit more, and the fact that she was completely fed up with snow, we decided that it would be best for her to move here. Outside of a couple of stintes in Derry, N.Ireland, Valencia Spain, and Clemson, S. Carolina, i've lived my entire life in Los Angeles. I love it here. I love the real cultural diversity and especially the food. But this weekend, we started looking at moving, seeing as our lease is up at the end of October, and our new irritating neighbor has been loud and obnoxious again, we started our search. Everything is so ridiculously expensive if you want to live near the beach. Then on a whim, Mel looked up what we could get for what we are paying now in London, Ontario where she's from. Good god, we could afford a 3 bedroom, 3 bath townhouse with a backyard for what we pay for our tiny apartment. So, we have expanded our search of where we are looking to move. For right now, we're going to stick in Los Angeles area..... my job's benefits are really too good. I like my job, and love the people, but we are looking more long-term at moving to Canada now. She has put her foot down though, NO to Churchill Manitoba (I love polar bears), No Thunder Bay (I just love the name), No to Moosejaw (Again, just love the name), and HELL NO to Yellowknife (I watch far too much Ice Road Truckers). But then again, we're also looking at the Atlanta area too. Who knows at this point :lol:

My hubby and I went through the same thing, he was also willing and fine with moving to Toronto but his job was way better than mine so that's how I ended up here. I think in the future we will end up in Canada too, we're waiting for me to become a citizen (maybe 4 years or so?) so I won't lose my PR status

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

OOO - if you look at the Atlanta area, let us know! We're about 20 south of Atlanta and the prices here are really reasonable. The only problem is driving into the City every day if you work there, but the benefits are worth it. (If you're used to LA traffic, though, you can probably cope with Atlanta traffic without a problem). And we have very, very, very little snow. We're a bit far from the beach, though . . . but the North Georgia mountains are fairly close and those are pretty cool!

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
OOO - if you look at the Atlanta area, let us know! We're about 20 south of Atlanta and the prices here are really reasonable. The only problem is driving into the City every day if you work there, but the benefits are worth it. (If you're used to LA traffic, though, you can probably cope with Atlanta traffic without a problem). And we have very, very, very little snow. We're a bit far from the beach, though . . . but the North Georgia mountains are fairly close and those are pretty cool!

And it rains :lol:

I meant to say Kathryn, when we drove through Atlanta at - who knows, some time in the morning or early afternoon the day we left Florida it was POURING and I mean for 5 minutes we couldn't even see where we were going (happens in Florida too of course)

Timeline

If I didn't know better I'd swear it was a full moon night - but that was last week! I'll be glad when Krikit is back, hehehe. In the meantime, I think I need a drink!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.