Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok, we just got back from a really fun time at Karen and Joel's place in the Georgia mountains. Their new (ok, not so new anymore but still newish) house is really nice. They have a terrific property - lots of land with a bit of a treed area at the side and a pasture behind so they won't have to put up with crowding neighbours. Joe's parents were visiting from Nova Scotia and brought down some lobster and scallops with them so we had a lobster dip with the chips and then scallops wrapped with bacon and grilled along with lots of other good food finished off with Tim Horton's coffee. Joe got to taste Molsen's Canadian beer as well. Joel had made some video collages of various Canadian tv shows and commercials so we watched segments of the Beachcombers, This Hour has 22 minutes, Royal Canadian Air Farce, hockey cartoons - and Tim Horton and I AM Canadian commercials including some I hadn't seen before. I haven't laughed that much in a long time! One of their friends even made a peanut butter chocolate cheesecake and decorated it with a red maple leaf to help celebrate an early "Canada Day'. It wasn't too bad of a drive - a little over 100 miles - but it was all highway except for the last little bit and traffic was only bad in two sections so we made good time. Thanks Karen and Joel for the invitation. We had a great time.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline
Ok, we just got back from a really fun time at Karen and Joel's place in the Georgia mountains. Their new (ok, not so new anymore but still newish) house is really nice. They have a terrific property - lots of land with a bit of a treed area at the side and a pasture behind so they won't have to put up with crowding neighbours. Joe's parents were visiting from Nova Scotia and brought down some lobster and scallops with them so we had a lobster dip with the chips and then scallops wrapped with bacon and grilled along with lots of other good food finished off with Tim Horton's coffee. Joe got to taste Molsen's Canadian beer as well. Joel had made some video collages of various Canadian tv shows and commercials so we watched segments of the Beachcombers, This Hour has 22 minutes, Royal Canadian Air Farce, hockey cartoons - and Tim Horton and I AM Canadian commercials including some I hadn't seen before. I haven't laughed that much in a long time! One of their friends even made a peanut butter chocolate cheesecake and decorated it with a red maple leaf to help celebrate an early "Canada Day'. It wasn't too bad of a drive - a little over 100 miles - but it was all highway except for the last little bit and traffic was only bad in two sections so we made good time. Thanks Karen and Joel for the invitation. We had a great time.

That sounds so fun! Are Karen and Joel VJers? :unsure:

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

I think its KarenCee, I haven't seen her post in a long time.

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Timeline

Yes, Karen and Joel are VCers - I think Joel's online name is Fuzziness and Karen's is Karen Cee. Joel is Canadian and moved to Georgia on a K-1 in Spring of 2006. Joe and I arranged to meet them for the first time about a week before their marriage at the Canada Day celebration held at ZooAtlanta and sponsored by the Canadian Consulate in Atlanta. They've visited us here several times and we have met half way to go out for dinner. They bought their new house last year but this was the first opportunity we have had to visit them there. They both used to post quite a lot until they became very busy. Karen works full time and is working on her BA as well so she really hasn't had as much time recently to post as she used to.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

yes... they don't post much anymore on VJ though

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=15473

mvSuprise-hug.gif

.... I'm sorry... you lost me at 'peanut butter chocolate cheesecake'.... :o

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Jesse James is a Dead Man is on. And he is motorcycling from Inuvik to Tuktoyaktuk on an ice road in the middle of winter. Its -50 outside and they're trying to make a fire to stay warm. Its nuts. He's nuts. :yes:

Edited by MrsCat

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Yes, Karen and Joel are VCers - I think Joel's online name is Fuzziness and Karen's is Karen Cee. Joel is Canadian and moved to Georgia on a K-1 in Spring of 2006. Joe and I arranged to meet them for the first time about a week before their marriage at the Canada Day celebration held at ZooAtlanta and sponsored by the Canadian Consulate in Atlanta. They've visited us here several times and we have met half way to go out for dinner. They bought their new house last year but this was the first opportunity we have had to visit them there. They both used to post quite a lot until they became very busy. Karen works full time and is working on her BA as well so she really hasn't had as much time recently to post as she used to.

:luv:

That's awesome.

Filed: Timeline

Good morning all. Been up since 4:30 so I'll probably be back in bed by the time you log on. lol

when one sees "flames9" immediately one thinks "smarter"

:lol:

Tonight my niece is filling in for the mascot of the Calgary Vipers (baseball team) she is slider the viper - this is like a big dream of hers and she happened to meet some of the Viper folks where she works and they said they needed someone to do it tonight:

That's hilarious. I've never met anyone who was a mascot before. :lol:

Oh! Did anyone ever watch Oblivious with Regan Burns? It was a game show that people never knew they were on and, OMG, it was absolutely hilarious. Anyway, they did one segment where he was teaching a how-to-be-a-mascot class. I was crying I was laughing so hard.

Someone asked me tonight why her cat, who has new kittens, is splitting them up in to groups, two in one drawer and one somewhere else, any idea?

Wow. That's weird. I wonder if the one on its own has a medical condition?

iagree.gif

Timeline

Good Morning all! Enjoying a nice cuppa, beautiful day today. Going to do some outdoor activity, not sure what yet though!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline
Kathryn,

Someone asked me tonight why her cat, who has new kittens, is splitting them up in to groups, two in one drawer and one somewhere else, any idea?

If she is keeping them separated into two groups that is a new one to me. It is quite normal, though, for a mother cat to relocate her kittens several times during their infancy. Moving them around is an instinctive way of protecting them from predators. Once their 'smell' becomes fixed in one spot she usually moves them to someplace fresh, so it could be that she has just be interrupted in that process. I remember a friend whose mother cat became quite frantic when the kittens started to move around on their own. She carried each and every one of them up to the top shelf of the cupboard where all they could do was look down - not move anywhere. She said it was so cute when she finally found where the mother had moved them - all of these little faces peering down at her from the shelf. She relocated the brood back down to floor level.

Timeline

Elephant Ears and Horse Face .. *giggles..

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2009/06/28/...nada-visit.html

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

That's kind of cool that they're coming - I'd forgotten their nicknames until you reminded me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.