Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Safe travels, Trailmix and I hope Meowmix shows up soon - but she might wait until the truck is gone and things are quiet again around the house :( .

Krikit, you too - have a safe flight and a wonderful holiday - you've earned it. Sounds strange to be headed to BC and heat! Try to catch some cool ocean breezes :) .

I know! I was talking to my aunt and uncle and cousins there last night, and we were laughing about the weather. And, of course, no one has A/C because you never need it there. I think I'll be spending a lot of time in the pool. :lol: My cousin's taking us out on the boat, so at least we'll be able to cool off that way.

iagree.gif

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know! I was talking to my aunt and uncle and cousins there last night, and we were laughing about the weather. And, of course, no one has A/C because you never need it there. I think I'll be spending a lot of time in the pool. :lol:My cousin's taking us out on the boat, so at least we'll be able to cool off that way.

Oh that will be fun! I love boating. Are you going to do some fishing? I think at this time of year is a good one for those big spring salmons!! When Tim came up, it was the beginning of June, and we were out all day and caught a 9 pounder. But later that summer, my sister caught one 20-25 pounds! I LOVE salmon fishing. Wish it wasn't so expensive. My sister knows someone that does charters, so she got as a deal and we just paid for fuel, but it was still over $300. Maybe you'll be more fortunate, and just get treated to catching fish!!

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Filed: Timeline
Oh that will be fun! I love boating. Are you going to do some fishing? I think at this time of year is a good one for those big spring salmons!! When Tim came up, it was the beginning of June, and we were out all day and caught a 9 pounder. But later that summer, my sister caught one 20-25 pounds! I LOVE salmon fishing. Wish it wasn't so expensive. My sister knows someone that does charters, so she got as a deal and we just paid for fuel, but it was still over $300. Maybe you'll be more fortunate, and just get treated to catching fish!!

Ohmygoodness, my cousin is a HUGE sportsman! We always get fresh salmon from him whenever we're there. He even smokes his own. Yum. He's taking all the guys out fishing one day, but I'm not going. I'd rather eat it than catch it. :lol:

AAAAAARGHHHHHH!! Missed again in my quest for the holy grail!! :bonk: I fumbled a bit at the starting gate and ended up 40th in line for my flight. :angry: And then I realized that my husband had a new confirmation number because I had to cancel his return journey, so he's got even worse seating than I do! :lol: No matter, though. I'll just hold the seat beside me. Unless a really cute guy wants to sit there. :hehe:

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes - krikit, have a wonderful vacation - and your Husband too of course!

Ok, so I am now at the hotel - me and meowmix who showed up about an hour ago. She is not crazy about the whole moving thing - but who is? Anyway, Mike is back with the movers and we are sitting here waiting to be moved to another room because they gave us the wrong one.

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

bleh, i hate computer updates - they keep me away from vj!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I went to the dermatologist this morning for my rash- she ended up wanting to take a biopsy. I asked her if she thought it was anything serious, she said no. I go back next week for follow up and results.

I can't help but worry- I have knots in my tummy.

The white patches on my foot are from rubbing she said. I know it is from how I sit on the computer chair, with my left foot under me.

Edited by MissStacey

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I went to the dermatologist this morning for my rash- she ended up wanting to take a biopsy. I asked her if she thought it was anything serious, she said no. I go back next week for follow up and results.

Try not to worry, I know it's hard. It's normal for a derm to do that, just to be on the safe side. I've had 2 biopsies before on moles as I have very fair freckled skin and skin cancer in my family. They both came back OK, I know yours will too!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Try not to worry, I know it's hard. It's normal for a derm to do that, just to be on the safe side. I've had 2 biopsies before on moles as I have very fair freckled skin and skin cancer in my family. They both came back OK, I know yours will too!

Thanks Jill!

I should be typing chapter notes for my husbands lectures, but I'm gonna go relax, watch TruBlood. :)

Hello wonder-Full VJers!

I've been internet shy....well actually, I've been allergic to my laptoppy.

Hahaha!

Who could be inside when Summer hits and you had OD'd on the thing?

Traveling, friends galore, sailing, dharma teaching retreats, 40-day yoga challenges, and more.

*phew!*

I'm getting off on this incessant heatwave in the PNW and CSW (Canadian South West, hee hee).

Locals are not used to it, and neither are the plants.

Well, that's my news in a tiny nutshell.

Wishing you all happy moments.

:star: Spirit :star:

Edited by SpiritAlight

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Oh, so we'll be leaving our weather and flying into our weather. :lol: That should be funny. My husband has never been to BC or Washington so he was asking what to expect weather-wise. I can't wait to see his face when he arrives to exactly what he left. :lol:

My inlaws were asking about the weather there this weekend. As soon as you mention Canada they automatically think winter boots and coats. :lol: Sometimes I get tired explaining that Canada is not a wilderness and that it doesn't snow 24/7. icon2.gif

Record breaking sustained heat here on the West Coast, and quite dry.

It feels like Greece in the Summer.

Enjoy!

:star:

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Over & out, Spirit

I really hope your skin improves. Maybe have a nice bowl of poutine as a treat? :)?

Poutine might cure it.

:)

Yuck Em! I guess when 15 people show up to help you move it becomes a group activity everytime someone moves!

Actually, my Husband's co-worker wanted to come and help us pack the truck. When he told him we had hired someone he still wanted to come and help! I thought that was very nice. Also the manager of the department offered to let us stay with him for the 2 days we are staying in the hotel here before we leave - also very nice!

I wish you both and the kitty smooth transitions.

Over & out, Spirit

Welcome back! Glad you had some fun. So Vancouver is le pool party correct? How long are you staying there?

Thanks Trailmix!

Yes, Vancouver is le pool party. We leave on Wednesday. My husband has to leave early due to work so he's flying from Seattle to Denver on August 10th. Good thing I remembered to cancel his ticket! LOL. We both fly back on the 14th, and will meet at the airport in Orlando. I was going to switch my flight to come home when he flies to Denver, but the cost to change the ticket is too much. Gosh. There is so much to do. :o I get panicky every time I think about it. :lol:

That sounds too complicated and tiring.

I hope all goes well Krikit.

Enjoy!

Please blow kisses to Vancouver for me.

Over & out, Spirit

I izzzz in yur Canadian threadzzz ztiling atention

Infiltration!

Yippee!!!

:lol:

So my mom just called me, she took Ethan to protest dump site 41 today. :lol:

I don't know if any of you have heard of the cause, its big news in Simcoe County. Since its down the road from my mom's its something the entire community is involved in.

No arrests were made, there's a lot of people there so they don't think the police are going to do anything yet but they keep threatening to.

Right on Mom!

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hello wonder-Full VJers!

Traveling, friends galore, sailing, dharma teaching retreats, 40-day yoga challenges, and more.

*phew!*

I'm getting off on this incessant heatwave in the PNW and CSW (Canadian South West, hee hee).

Locals are not used to it, and neither are the plants.

Well, that's my news in a tiny nutshell.

Wishing you all happy moments.

:star: Spirit :star:

Nice to see you Spirit :star:

So we did finally get a sailboat on Friday. So if you're ever in these neck of the woods, my husband will need someone to crew, cause I basically suntan and get tipsy. :lol:

Goldie_Hawn_Overboard.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.