Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Good morning CANADAAA!

My mom is on her way down today. She and my uncle don't have passports but they do have status cards and we're told that will suffice for them so hopefully they don't get trouble for that. I know sometimes you get a guard who just feels like being a douche. I hope they get across okay.

Donne moi une poptart!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Good morning CANADAAA!

My mom is on her way down today. She and my uncle don't have passports but they do have status cards and we're told that will suffice for them so hopefully they don't get trouble for that. I know sometimes you get a guard who just feels like being a douche. I hope they get across okay.

Oh visiting time! Are they coming to pick up Ethan for the summer?

Timeline

Yea. :(

Part of me wishes I had never cut that deal with my mom, I mean why should I cut a deal to leave? I am a grown woman! But at the same time my mom and son have a bond that no one can completely understand, they finish eachothers sentences, they understand eachother, its weird. I used to be quite jealous of their bond, but I learned to appreciate it. I am happy that he has someone he is so connected with and I am happy it's his grandma. I know it tore her apart when we left as I am her only daughter and he is her only grandson. It really is the least I can do.

Some people don't understand why I do it, *cough*mother in law*cough* but that's okay. If they don't understand, I can't make them understand. I just ask that they not badger me about my decision because it isn't easy... it's just the way it is.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Timeline
I got the haircut and the bangs.. I think it looks super cute.. now I just need to do something about my face :P

Awwwww, Marilyn. Don't be so hard on yourself. I think you look lovely. :luv: I bet your hair does too!

I said that this morning.. of all the week's for Farrah to die.. :(

My husband and I have this joke now. Whenever I would say "I didn't get much sleep last night" or "I don't feel very well today" he would always say "Me too". So then I would say "Geez. I can't have anything to myself." When it came on the news last night and I commented about Farrah's passing being overshadowed by MJ's, he said she was probably thinking the same thing about him. :lol:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!!! That's so exciting!! Sending good vibes their way so they don't get someone who likes to big the big man.

It's Friiiiiiiidaaaaay. Not sure what I'm doing yet.

iagree.gif

Timeline

Thanks krikit. I do too. I know the time I spent with my grandpa will be moments I'll always treasure. Husband and I have a lot of fun things lined up for the summer anyways to make the time pass by as quickly as possible.

I feel bad though because this week I have been a bit moody due to the fact that my son is leaving. It's hard but I am excited for him.

Tomorrow is his hockey play off's so my mom will finally get to see him play. His team is in 1st.. glad he got to be on a team of winners. :lol:

My mom has him involved in a whole bunch of daycamps this summer, including tree top trekking, hockey camps etc. It's funny because he's going to a Bryan Trottier hockey camp and he'll be wearing his jersey from his team now which says: "Flyers skate zone" it'll be funny as if we're sending the American to get tips from Canadians. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Timeline
Thanks krikit. I do too. I know the time I spent with my grandpa will be moments I'll always treasure. Husband and I have a lot of fun things lined up for the summer anyways to make the time pass by as quickly as possible.

I feel bad though because this week I have been a bit moody due to the fact that my son is leaving. It's hard but I am excited for him.

Tomorrow is his hockey play off's so my mom will finally get to see him play. His team is in 1st.. glad he got to be on a team of winners. :lol:

My mom has him involved in a whole bunch of daycamps this summer, including tree top trekking, hockey camps etc. It's funny because he's going to a Bryan Trottier hockey camp and he'll be wearing his jersey from his team now which says: "Flyers skate zone" it'll be funny as if we're sending the American to get tips from Canadians. :lol:

:lol: That's awesome.

iagree.gif

Timeline

yay my mom just called and they are passed the border! Status cards will suffice!

She said they still don't ask her any questions.. as soon as she shows it, they just wave her through. MUST BE NICE!

*grumble grumble*

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Yay! Glad she got through fine.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hehe...my boss was making fun of me for being Canadian (as usual,) and so I started searching for some good "Canadians rock" sorts of jokes, and found this:

http://www.canadianbeauts.faketrix.com/Can...-on-top-map.htm

(Sorry, my work comp doesn't allow me to download the pic and post it.)

Just had to share it, thought it was kind of funny for those of us who get badgered about our Canuckness :thumbs:

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Timeline
When you tell people you're from Canada, does anyone else get, "Really? Why would you move down here?" comments?

YEP! ALL THE TIME! :lol:

I always say because of my husband but also I wanted a little adventure, I mean I wouldn't JUST pick up and move my entire life for a person, there has to be some want in it for myself as well. I figured: "Hey why not, I'm doing anything on Tuesday! Lets go!"

I kind of always like ask myself all the time: "Did you ever think you'd be here"

Keeps me on my toes.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Hehe...my boss was making fun of me for being Canadian (as usual,) and so I started searching for some good "Canadians rock" sorts of jokes, and found this:

http://www.canadianbeauts.faketrix.com/Can...-on-top-map.htm

(Sorry, my work comp doesn't allow me to download the pic and post it.)

Just had to share it, thought it was kind of funny for those of us who get badgered about our Canuckness :thumbs:

12058-ford-forum-discussion-leading-world.jpg

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.