Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Kitty is cute.

Call me stupid, but one of the hardest thing for me is to leave my cat in Montreal :(

I had two cats and a dog, and have homes for them all. :( so I know how you feel. Your kitty looks so adorable too!

Good morning. Two nights in a row with difficulty sleeping. I need to stay away from sharp objects today. Even coffee isn't clearing the cobwebs.

I would just like to mention that there are some real nutters on this board. :blink: Thank you for letting me get that off my chest. :hehe:

awww I hope you feel better soon. A nice long soak in a tub might be a good idea, followed by an eight hour nap!

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

morning all! ;) man.. i'm all messed up.. don't know if I'm coming or going today! :) Have loads to do here at work since I took yesterday off.. but wanted to check in and say hi. Finished the living room & the dining area yesterday (bedroom is complete) and will finish unpacking the kitchen (I'm at 85% now), and the spare room today! then it's just the basement to tackle! :dance:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline
Wow Em, you are doing really well!

Thanks :) I'm a sucker for getting stuff out of boxes. I don't like a mess or things to be out of order.. I feel it when things are chaotic. I'm exhausted but it's okay.. the weekend's coming! :)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

So the only credit card I had was a Macy's card which I got when I did my wedding registry there. Upon further investigating it I found out it was also under my husbands name so it did me no good really.

Anyways a couple of months ago I applied for a couple of different cards and kept getting denied. It was just rejection after rejection of "sorry no credit history".

Finally I called Capital One and talked to someone and they said that I could apply for this card that is for new residents and blah blah blah. Low balance but it would be something to help me. Well, I got denied for that too.

What did I do?

I wrote them a letter. I basically stated my case, why I wanted a card with their company and I asked them to review my case once again.

They did.

Today I got the card.

So just saying that if you get denied and you truly believe that you should be given a chance then write the company a letter, it is not always going to be a waste of time.

My husband told me that it was useless because they probably get thousands of letters a day. Oh well my letter must have been extra special. :P

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Nev I'm surprised you were originally denied for Cap 1! They sent me the CC, I didn't even apply (not sure how they found my name) and I even told them I have no income and I'm a "homemaker" they still approved me! It was wierd.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
morning all! ;) man.. i'm all messed up.. don't know if I'm coming or going today! :) Have loads to do here at work since I took yesterday off.. but wanted to check in and say hi. Finished the living room & the dining area yesterday (bedroom is complete) and will finish unpacking the kitchen (I'm at 85% now), and the spare room today! then it's just the basement to tackle! :dance:

Way to go Em! you deserve a 2 day VJ break :whistle:

Timeline
Nev I'm surprised you were originally denied for Cap 1! They sent me the CC, I didn't even apply (not sure how they found my name) and I even told them I have no income and I'm a "homemaker" they still approved me! It was wierd.

Yea I don't know.

I never had a credit card in Canada though. Never had the need for one, yes I understand why you should have one, but I just didn't have one.

So even if they looked back on a credit history I wouldn't have anything to show.

I am thinking thats the main reason they denied me. Plus I had about 5 denials for other cards I had applied for this past year and I know that shows up.

I don't want a card... but I guess if you want to live the "american nightmare" you just have to conform. :P

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Yea I don't know.

I never had a credit card in Canada though. Never had the need for one, yes I understand why you should have one, but I just didn't have one.

So even if they looked back on a credit history I wouldn't have anything to show.

I am thinking thats the main reason they denied me. Plus I had about 5 denials for other cards I had applied for this past year and I know that shows up.

I don't want a card... but I guess if you want to live the "american nightmare" you just have to conform. :P

:lol: And if you guys do decide to buy a home, it will be good to have some credit history under your belt. I've just been using it here and there, then paying it off in full right when I get the bill.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

Yea well we are looking at homes and Mike was going to put it in his name but now we can probably get it in both our names. Though we keep jumping back and forth on the home owning bit. We're so unsure about where we want to be. We are thinking of moving, staying in the country but moving. We'll see where things go. But it will be good to build credit under my own name for my own good.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My phone is acting up, I have two phones, so I know it's not the actual phone, but the connection is bad and it's quite maddening :lol:

I keep calling my Mom to check it, if I call a few more times I may stop being her favourite child for a while :hehe:

Timeline
Nev, what did you write in your letter? Good job, btw! :thumbs:

Wow, Em. You sure worked hard yesterday. Congratulations!

I think I have it saved in my computer at home I will actually upload it tonight if I do for reference for anyone else.

Basically though I let them know that their reasons for denying me were the same reasons that I was applying for the credit card. Low balance for a new resident of the United States. They were denying me because I had no credit.... uhh thats why I wanted the beginner card a$$holes.

So I asked them how one is supposed to build credit in this country if no company is willing to give them a chance. And that I would appreciate the chance to build my credit with CapitalOne.. *wipes cc company poop off her nose* :P

Yea kissed a little butt, stated my case yadda yadda.

Donne moi une poptart!

Off subject (its OT no? :P )

I have an old e-mail address with my ex still on it, and I am not using it anymore. Last year I switched on msn to that address to check for someone and came accross a picture of a baby ultrasound on his msn, wasn't sure if it was from his sister because she had a baby boy....

Well today out of curiosity I switched there and there it is, he's got a baby girl with his GF :lol:

I'm happy for him I guess, I don't really give a damn, except all these years where he told me he wanted me to be "the mother of his children" and blah blah blah and all I could tell him is not in a hundred years because he was the most immature and irresponsable person I've ever met :lol:

I hope for that girl that he changed a little bit :yes: Cause he's going to drive her nuts, she will have to take care of everything while he's on his computer :P

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Timeline

The mail man just brought the mail in. He is so strange. I guess they count how much mail each one of them brings in and if they don't bring in enough on their routes than they begin to merge routes. Anyways he just came in and said: "Don't forget if you have anything from home you want mailed, you can bring it here and I can pick it up for you... it's important I get enough mail... please keep me employed"

I don't know why but it just made me feel bad for the guy.

Hmm maybe I'll start writing lots of letters and sending them out with him. :D

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.