Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I is online!! Move was sweet - only took 3 hrs.. had about 15 people show up to help us which was awesome!! :dance:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

thanks gals.. going to be home all day tomorrow too.. took a day off to unpack.. nice one..

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
thanks gals.. going to be home all day tomorrow too.. took a day off to unpack.. nice one..

Excellent!

Well I put an ad on kijiji and craigslist for 2 people to pack the truck for us - I got 17 replies in 2 hours!

Good morning everyone! Hope you all had an excellent weekend. Em, I'm so glad your move was expedited by 15 people to help! Wow, that's wonderful! When exactly are you leaving for Calgary trailmix? Any thoughts of driving through St. Louis again on the way back? We had an awesome weekend, the weather was incredible. We ate out at a patio with a good friend we hadn't seen in a long while on Friday evening, then went to the dirt track races on Saturday night. I don't like NASCAR or stock car races generally, but seeing it live, was such fun! I have a "focus group" training opportunity today with my volunteer job, should be interesting. I don't know yet what we're discussing, but I love discussing anything to do with my volunteer work. :lol:

Enjoy your day everyone!

coffeebook.jpg

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

Good morning all!

We are tenatively planning to leave Florida a week from Wednesday - so packing etc should take place a week from Tuesday. I say tenatively as who knows, we may push that back a day or two if it is feeling too rushed.

I have lots of phone calls to make today, need to find out exactly what the American's want in terms of us exporting our car. The Canadian website is pretty clear - the American one reads like a bad legal document.

Basically we have to notify American customs that we are exporting a vehicle, at least 72 hours before we do, then we have to visit them while we are at the border - not sure how to accomplish that when heading in to Canada, so I will give them a call.

Filed: Timeline

Good morning everyone. :) Good to hear you had a successful move, E. 15 people.... wow! I don't think I even KNOW 15 people here. :lol:

A week from Wednesday we're heading to that side of the country too, Trailmix! Only we'll get there much faster than you. :lol: Which reminds me..... I need to find my Southwest account # so that I can cancel my husband's return ticket. icon2.gif

We exported our old (well.... not that old.... it was 2 years old) car to Canada just over a year ago. My Dad bought it. Just drove it on through! lol You'll need a recall letter from the manufacturer, Trailmix.

Have fun on your training, Carla!

iagree.gif

Timeline
Good morning everyone. :) Good to hear you had a successful move, E. 15 people.... wow! I don't think I even KNOW 15 people here. :lol:

A week from Wednesday we're heading to that side of the country too, Trailmix! Only we'll get there much faster than you. :lol: Which reminds me..... I need to find my Southwest account # so that I can cancel my husband's return ticket. icon2.gif

We exported our old (well.... not that old.... it was 2 years old) car to Canada just over a year ago. My Dad bought it. Just drove it on through! lol You'll need a recall letter from the manufacturer, Trailmix.

Have fun on your training, Carla!

Hold your horses there missy, i'll be sending you a pm for details on that :lol: - unless you want to post it here!

According to what I have been reading - we have to pay a fee to the Registrar of Imported Vehicles for Canada plus get the recall letter etc etc and also notify the U.S. people!

Edited by trailmix

Timeline
:lol:

Yep. For some reason $80 stands out in my mind for the fee. You also have to take it to Canada Customs registered car people for a fit-check first. My Dad got the certification done at Canadian Tire..... which is one of the certifying agents.

Makes me wonder if the Canadians care if you tell the Americans or not :lol:

Ok i'm calling the people at the Canadian border today to see what they say. Frankly I would rather just wait and import it when we get to Calgary.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline
I don't see why you can't. We just drove it across and left it, and my Dad took it from there.

Yeah, I think that's a great idea really :) and i'm thinking that is what we will be doing too!

Anyone know what the main border crossing is from North Dakota to Manitoba? Is it Pembina?

Edited by trailmix

I don't see why you can't. We just drove it across and left it, and my Dad took it from there.

Yeah, I think that's a great idea really :) and i'm thinking that is what we will be doing too!

Anyone know what the main border crossing is from North Dakota to Manitoba? Is it Pembina?

North Portal is a 24 hour crossing, is one of the main ones...but will take you through SK, I am not sure about Pembina.

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.