Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Lovely, warm-looking cup, in and out.

Thanks Carla!

Good Morning All.

I am having dreams that do not allow me to rest.

Well, this has been ongoing...perhaps a shift is in order.

I'm up before dawn, and get to watch beautiful sunrises when the clouds aren't blocking them.

Last night's huge moon was so bright it was glowing through the snow laden clouds behind some trees.

It was stunning.

Anyone here know of Ayurveda?

I'd be curious to see what types you all are.

I am very vata. :lol:

There are all kinds of on-line tests.

The whole premise being how to balance oneself out if one is too much of one of the three types.

Hence yoga is good for me, as karate and sailboat racing just brought out more of my naturally occurring yang or masculine side....the competitive and take-no-prisoners side. :blush:

It includes the best foods for each type and an over-all look at health and being healthy without the use of Western ways.

Me likey!

:star:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

yay for carla! coffee is much appreciated this cold morning!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

so I just got a message form my SIL that they found a seat sale for 35 dollars from Bellingham, WA to Los Angeles.. ( which I have searched for and cannot find anywhere :unsure: ) she said they were thinking of coming this next weekend :o...

That would be on Allegiant Air. They're an innovative airline with really low fares...mainly because they fly out of small cities / large towns to major short-range destinations like Las Vegas or L.A. on the West Coast, or Orlando and a few others in the East.

I've never flown on them, but I've heard nothing but good things.

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
That would be on Allegiant Air. They're an innovative airline with really low fares...mainly because they fly out of small cities / large towns to major short-range destinations like Las Vegas or L.A. on the West Coast, or Orlando and a few others in the East.

I've never flown on them, but I've heard nothing but good things.

yeah I just found out the airline...

I emailed her last night asking if maybe they could come a different weekend and she emailed me back this morning saying the seat sale was for this weekend

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Guess that's a 'ready or not, here we come'! Well just plonk them in the spare room with the storage items and next time they might give you more notice!

Spirit, I am Pitta/Vata

Thanks for the coffee Carla, that looks lovely!

Spirit, I am Pitta/Vata

Cool Trailmix.

I thought I was Vata/Pitta, but on a more professional analysis, it turned out I have no balance at all.

Hahaha!

The funny part being that when I was deep into the martial arts I exemplified Kapha traits.

Maybe yoga will help swing me back to centre.

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Other Timeline

Carla-Thanks for the coffee! Yum, what a great way to warm up on a cold day! :thumbs:

Good morning! Warmth has arrived!

carlacoffee-1.jpg

Spirit-I don't know what "type" I am...But it sure would be interesting to find out! Do you have any links to online test and/or more info about that?

Lol..I'll tell you what type I am, as soon as I know.....

Btw...I am a Myers-Brigg type...INFP....What type are you? What type are are all you other Vjers?

Good luck with the yoga and other healthy lifestyle activities that you are doing too! Happy healthy 2010!

Good Morning All.

I am having dreams that do not allow me to rest.

Well, this has been ongoing...perhaps a shift is in order.

I'm up before dawn, and get to watch beautiful sunrises when the clouds aren't blocking them.

Last night's huge moon was so bright it was glowing through the snow laden clouds behind some trees.

It was stunning.

Anyone here know of Ayurveda?

I'd be curious to see what types you all are.

I am very vata. :lol:

There are all kinds of on-line tests.

The whole premise being how to balance oneself out if one is too much of one of the three types.

Hence yoga is good for me, as karate and sailboat racing just brought out more of my naturally occurring yang or masculine side....the competitive and take-no-prisoners side. :blush:

It includes the best foods for each type and an over-all look at health and being healthy without the use of Western ways.

Me likey!

Ant

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Okay, I have a guilty admission to make: I just bought a Nintendo DS. :blush:

My wife has one, and had lent it to me for a couple of months, until I urged her to take it back with her when she returned home on Sunday. But I've been thinking about buying one for myself for awhile, and there's a place near me that had them on (new) for $119.99. I decided to buy one. I probably shouldn't have, and can't really justify it...and I've got a stigma about video games etc. to boot...but I couldn't resist it.

Then again, I've been grinning like a sneaky teenager for the past hour and a half, so that says something... :P

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

I have a DS, they're awesome.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I had a DS last year and my son sold it to my cousin. Yep, my son sold MY DS to my cousin.

Grrr. Oh well, I only used it for brain age really.

I should go sell his #######, see how he likes it. :P

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Okay, I have a guilty admission to make: I just bought a Nintendo DS. :blush:

My wife has one, and had lent it to me for a couple of months, until I urged her to take it back with her when she returned home on Sunday. But I've been thinking about buying one for myself for awhile, and there's a place near me that had them on (new) for $119.99. I decided to buy one. I probably shouldn't have, and can't really justify it...and I've got a stigma about video games etc. to boot...but I couldn't resist it.

Then again, I've been grinning like a sneaky teenager for the past hour and a half, so that says something... :P

:blink::wow:

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

:blink::wow:

Yeah, I know. It's silly. My last video game system was a Super Nintendo...and I got rid of that when I was sixteen. I don't know why, but my father used to make me feel that playing games / watching anything animated etc. was very immature. It has taken awhile to get over some of those little parental stigmas. Then again, I just watched Up last week and my wife and I will be watching Ratatouille tonight, so I guess it's safe to say the stigma is gone. :lol:

Dear Ant, I will look for some good sites...please stand by...maybe tomorrow. Hee, hee!

As for Meyers Briggs I am an ENFP, figures you would have the I...a good writer you are.

My type is called "the Champion"...so interesting to read about "my type" in a great book that describes each one really well:

Please Understand Me II (2)

I'm going to highly recommend this to everyone.

Any yoga instructors here?

Yogis?

Yoginis?

Please present thyselves.

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Yeah, I know. It's silly. My last video game system was a Super Nintendo...and I got rid of that when I was sixteen. I don't know why, but my father used to make me feel that playing games / watching anything animated etc. was very immature. It has taken awhile to get over some of those little parental stigmas. Then again, I just watched Up last week and my wife and I will be watching Ratatouille tonight, so I guess it's safe to say the stigma is gone. :lol:

My father used to say that when I was younger and would play video games. I still play video games today, far too many video games :blush:

Now anime is another story for me though :whistle:

My father used to say that when I was younger and would play video games. I still play video games today, far too many video games :blush:

Now anime is another story for me though :whistle:

Animoo, I watch that.

YEAH I'M 22 AND WATCH IT.

Go me.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.