Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Anyone who is a big fan of the 1880's needs to download this mix from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002RHVBHU/ref=no...as1&afsrc=1

Donne moi une poptart!

I have spent pretty much the whole day either on the phone or filling out/scanning/emailing forms.

This not working seems a lot like work sometimes.

I'm still spending my days trying to organize this house!! Tim was a bachelor a looooooooong time... :lol: It's getting there. In fact, in my minds eye, the house looks great!!

I'm not missing work, although it will be nice to get a part time something later on...

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Anyone who is a big fan of the 1880's needs to download this mix from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002RHVBHU/ref=no...as1&afsrc=1

not sure my computer does MP3's but I love music like that!! I don't even have an MP3 or Ipod. Just gotta use those good ole fashioned C.D's.

edit: I really do hit the "quote" button. Sometimes it works, and sometimes not!!! I'm really NOT trying to take over the forum boards with several hundred posts one after the other!!

....now....back to your regular programming and conversation.... :pop:

Edited by TimandJoyce

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Everyone,

More replies...

Wyatt-Lol....about the baby seals...:lol: Yeah I wish they gave those, along with the colouring books and moose too! Lol..and with the $3-4 bridge tolls to Canada..you would think that one would get something in return...lol....

Ha! You TOTALLY had me going with that, too. I was thinking, "Aww, how sweet of the border guards to give coloring books to kids!" I wised up at the "free moose" part though. Everybody knows that you only get free baby seals upon entry.

Rhiann-Yeah I wish they gave those, moose cards! Lol..and with the $3-4 bridge tolls to Canada..you would think that one would get something in return...lol....

Hahaha, a moose card.

That would be interesting.

SamandBen-Interesting dream you had there. Perhaps it means something? Aww..don't be to scared...it was just a dream..And in the end, I hope you did find that child in your dream, and that you woke up and everthing was ok there. Lol..I know what you mean about newborns/babies making one have strange dreams...Sure is true in my case...Must be that babies have some sort of energy or something to make one dream more...lol...Congrats on your SIL's newborn, by the way too!

Being around my sister-in-law's newborn has me having strange dreams.

For the last three nights, I've had dreams that I'd given birth to a girl and she was crying and crying and no one went to tend her, and then I wake up looking around frantically for my child.

:unsure:

I'm scared, heh.

Rhiannercakes-(Cute new vj name btw...).Interesting dream you had there. Perhaps it means something? Aww..don't be to scared...it was just a dream..And in the end, you woke up and everything was ok there. Sigh...I wish that what you decribed what a dream for me...But it was sort of my reality..As I did sort of give birth at the hospital when I had my previous miscarriages, with which one of them ended up being twins, and with my last pregnancy, I ended up having a c-section...Scary..and I kept on thinking to myself..."This is just a dream", even thought it was in fact "reality" for me, from which "I couldn't wake up from". Nah, I don't think your dreams are bad omens. Rather, I think that it could be the opposite and could be a good sign later on. Either that, or you've been hanging around VJ too long (lol..well at least me anyways...lol...I swear...maybe I'm the one to blame here...sorry...).

I've had dreams like that before, except I either wake up before giving birth or I dont see the baby when it's born. I had one dream about having twins but one of them was stillborn and my parents were trying to force me to get a C-section before the other one was full term.

I keep thinking they're bad omens.

Carla-Welcome back to VJ! Hope you had a great holiday with Gene and the rest of your family and friends too! Hope your New Year is off to a good start too! Thanks for the "coffee" too (though I don't drink coffee..so I'll substitute that with hot choco)...Yum! The perfect treat for a cold winter day! Thanks! Hope it is not too cold where you are either! Enjoy! (Sends a cup of hot coffee back to you too..)

Good morning everyone! I've been MIA for the holiday season. Gene took off the same time as well from work, and we had a really enjoyable holiday. Had some company, went out to a few events, basically just rejuvenated. I hope everyone else's New Year is off to a good start.

It's very cold here, and has been since the first day of the New Year. I don't like this! Here is morning coffee to warm you up.

Enjoy your day!

cupofcoffee.jpg

Marilyn-Hope you get out of debt for the new year too, and that you move to a better neighbourhood! Lol..I fee the same way too...better get my "USCIS $1200+ debt" paid off by the end of the year...I have a long way to go....Sigh....

Welcome to the debt-free by 2010, club, Marilyn! May we all be successful in our endeavours there!

also on a side note we hope to have all our ####### paid off by May.. that is the plan anyways.. then we can start saving to move to a better neighborhood... :dance:

Ant

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

More Replies...

Spirit-Yeah..It doesn't seem fair that we have to pay to have a baby...The costs are outrageous! I got the bill, and I couldn't belive that it costs that much to have a baby (though I wasn't totally in shock, as I knew about it before anyways). Thank goodness for health insurance though...As I only had a small co-pay in the end...A good deal, indeed!

And yes, with that amount of money, they better treat the patients/moms like queens! I sure felt that way though, as I really did have a good experience delivering my son at the hospital here in the USA.

Let's hear it for the nurses, I agree, as they are the ones that do a lot of hard work, and make such a positive difference in a patient's life, indeed!

I hear you.

It still is disconcerting to me that people pay to have a baby...and the exorbitant costs of US hospitals.

They had better treat each mom like a queen! :lol:

Ah, yes, there is no perfect place.

Having a baby in Canada may be "free", and it may not be the "nicest" place to do it.

I do not have experience having a baby, but at 17 years old I worked in Royal Victoria Hospital in Montreal and saw too many things to not have a distrust of hospitals/doctors.

I was even in case rooms!

The nurses though were/are always top notch on every floor/department.

They just seem to know more and behave better.

Let's hear it for the nurses!

:star:

Darkchilde794-Yeah I wish they gave those, moose cards! Lol..and with the $3-4 bridge tolls to Canada..you would think that one would get something in return...lol....Glad that my post made you laugh out loud though...:lol:

Finally able to re-read old posts and just wanted to comment about some that made me laugh out loud, literally!

Ant: LOL about the moose card!

Wyatt: LOL too! Yeah, baby seals are the way to go!

Krikit: glad youre feeling better :)

Rhiannercakes-Lol about the dog eating cat food...Hope that doesn't affect him too much, as you don't want him getting sick on that. As others suggested, just put the cat food on a higher place, and he should be ok there. If not, maybe try separate rooms, or something like that?

I don't know what to do about my dog.

He keeps eating the cat's food, I'm pretty sure he just ate it right now. He was doing the whole lip licking thing and his food dish has all the food in it still and the cat's was empty.

I have no clue what I can do to get him to stop eating the cat food. He probably eats it because he also eats a fish formula... I wonder if I should be switching food.

The cat food doesn't seem to be doing a whole lot to him, but I'm scared it'll hurt him in the future if he keeps eating it.

Ant

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Marilyn-Same here..No debt before coming to the USA....

Lol..I think the USCIS is partly to blame here...As if it wasn't for them, I wouldn't be in debt in the first place!

Likewise, not much for me either...Other than the mortgage (which I think of as "equity" instead of debt), a small credit card bill (about $50 or so, due to the recent holidays), and USCIS debt over the last 2 years ($1200+).....

But yeah, it bugs me a lot to be in debt!

I try and save as much as I can, and pay off the debt...but it keep on piling up...Sigh...

Hoping to get it paid off soon....And hope that you get yours paid off soon too!

Debt-free 2010!

Ant

I was debt free before I moved to the US.. :P

I hate having debt.. we don't have a lot but it still bugs me...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I'm still spending my days trying to organize this house!! Tim was a bachelor a looooooooong time... :lol: It's getting there. In fact, in my minds eye, the house looks great!!

I'm not missing work, although it will be nice to get a part time something later on...

Ditto! Although Ive been unemployed since coming to the US, I have been doing nonstop things like painting, cleaning, cooking, entertaining that today was my first real day to just be lazy :P I did manage to do all the laundry and the week's worth of ironing but thats it.

I must say I dont miss work though I know I will... but it would be nice for the silly EAD to come so I can bring in some $$$ :P

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
i sometimes fed my cat the dry puppy chow just because it was usually cheaper then the dry cat food....

Don't ever feed your cat dog food- the two species have totally different nutritional requirements and dog food doesn't provide some very basic necessary nutrients - such as taurine - that cats required. Feeding dog food to cats can actually lead your cat into malnutrition and serious illnesses based upon nutritional deficiencies. It is a lot more expensive to go to the vet than to feed your cat food that is formulated for a cat's specific needs.

Cat food isn't nearly as dangerous for dogs but they do provide a higher protein and a higher fat content than is good for most dogs. Cats are true obligate carnivores. Dogs are also carnivores but have a greater range of foodstuffs that they can eat and do well on as long as they also have meat.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

so I just got a message form my SIL that they found a seat sale for 35 dollars from Bellingham, WA to Los Angeles.. ( which I have searched for and cannot find anywhere :unsure: ) she said they were thinking of coming this next weekend :o...

now I really don't mind them coming too much but this weekend is a little short notice.. our place is a really mess right now specially our spare room which we use for storage..

I have no idea what I should do..

I think it is strange that the SIL wants to come because originally my brother was going to drive down here for a visit in a few months...

gah, I don't want to think about this right now.. I am supposed to be sleeping... I have to work tomorrow :P

I know my hubby won't like the idea of my SIL coming.. he doesn't like her much...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.