Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Testing...testing...

The "fast reply" vj option......

Interesting...:).....Thanks for mentioning about such!

Lol....Maybe I'll use it more often now.......hmmm....

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Happy NEW YEAR, everyone! May the new year bring you health, wealth and happiness!

I'm with you on this one, Raven. I have a little acne, but that has affected me my whole life. I would like to b1tch-slap all those people who said acne would go away after your teen years. What a lie! I am gaining weight, too, but that is because of my recent need for jelly doughnuts, not the baby :whistle:

I know eh? Mine never went away either! Just read somewhere that our uterus have doubled in size (no wonder I feel bloated) and our babies are the size of a blueberry. I find it quite amusing that they use food to describe the size of the fetus, lol

Ant - I had a miscarriage this spring (first pregnancy ever). What a horrible experience, but yours would be way worse because mine was unplanned and happened a week after I found out I was pregnant, so I didn't have much time to internalize it emotionally. I don't know how I would deal with it now, it would be wrenching.

Oh dear, I didn't realize how common miscarriages are. I'm sorry to hear about the loss. :(

08-31-07: MARRIED!

USCS JOURNEY

04-18-08 : Mailed I-130

05-28-08 : Received NOA2

NVC JOURNEY

08-26-08: Mailed Choice of Agent (DS-3032)

09-19-08: DS-3032 received. Notice to pay IV Application Processing fee

06-08-09: Paid $400 IV fee and $70 AOS fee

12-21-09: Mailed AOS and IV package

12-28-09: Failed Login

01-07-10: Case complete!!!

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

03-31-10 : Medical exam

04-27-10 : Interview date

11-12-10 : Received Visa

03-06-11 : USA entry

dVUNm7.png

I've had pimples all my life too, I feel like they're never going to go away.

They're mostly in the jaw area.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline
I'm not sure what else can go wrong this year for our family, but my mother's house caught on fire this morning. She's in Quebec visiting family and my cousin and his fiancee (read, got engaged just this Christmas day) were going to stay at her house for a day or two since its empty. My brother stopped by yesterday night, they had a few laughs made a fire, and went to bed.

Cousin got up to the smell of smoke in the house this morning.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/edmonton/story/20...imney-fire.html

The kitties were all accounted for and well. Maximus ran away down the road but I am sure he'll show up in a day or two. The other two have moved in with my brother.

We just bought our plane tickets to go home in February. To watch the Olympics on TV in front of the fireplace and hang out for a week. :crying:

Seriously this has been one f-ed up year this year. Only 2 more sleeps to go and luck is changing.

OMG, Mrs Cat! How are you and your family coping? I remembered my father's business went up in flames and it was devastating! My heart and prayers goes out to you and your family.

USCS JOURNEY

NVC JOURNEY

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

dVUNm7.png

Timeline
Everybody cheer for Peachey and Varba as they are tying the knot today!!! WOOHOO!!!

Happy New Year everyone :)

Congratulations, Peachey and Varba! Hope we get to see some pictures! :D

USCS JOURNEY

NVC JOURNEY

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

dVUNm7.png

Timeline
OMG, Mrs Cat! How are you and your family coping? I remembered my father's business went up in flames and it was devastating! My heart and prayers goes out to you and your family.

My mom will be home on the 6th, so I think it might sink in for her then. But apparently, the insurance company has been great and started going through the house, salvaging stuff, cleaning, boarding up the house that evening.

My brother lives a few minutes from my mom, so when she gets home she will have a place to stay.

She's been talking about moving back to QC for a few years now, who knows this just might be the prod she needed to finally do it. :thumbs:

Silver linings and all. . . . . . .

Happy NEW YEAR, everyone! May the new year bring you health, wealth and happiness!

I know eh? Mine never went away either! Just read somewhere that our uterus have doubled in size (no wonder I feel bloated) and our babies are the size of a blueberry. I find it quite amusing that they use food to describe the size of the fetus, lol

Oh dear, I didn't realize how common miscarriages are. I'm sorry to hear about the loss. :(

Ravenesque-Likewise, may the new year bring health and happiness to you too! Yes, the uterus grows and continues to grow throughout the pregnancy, and then deflates after pregancy..lol..Amazing, isn't it? I have the pics and descriptions too (I used it on a different pregnancy/baby related website)about the different sized "fruits and vegetables" used to decribe the baby growing...I found it amusing to refer to my baby in this way too..

Lol...Wait until you get to "watermelon"....That is when it gets really funny.....:lol:

I had to carry my "8 1/2 pound watermelon" in the middle of summer...very awkward, indeed! :lol:

Yes, miscarriages are common...But it doesn't happen to all women!..

Hope it doesn't happen to you either, as it is not to good to go through such, and can be very sad, indeed!

Good luck with your pregnancy and your baby now! Wishing you and all the best there....

Ant

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

My mom will be home on the 6th, so I think it might sink in for her then. But apparently, the insurance company has been great and started going through the house, salvaging stuff, cleaning, boarding up the house that evening.

My brother lives a few minutes from my mom, so when she gets home she will have a place to stay.

She's been talking about moving back to QC for a few years now, who knows this just might be the prod she needed to finally do it. :thumbs:

MrsCat-Oh my gosh...Sorry to hear about the fire! Hope you and your family are ok from that! Glad that you all made it out safely, kitties and all! Nice of your brother too, to give your mom a place to stay in the meantime.

Hope there is a silver lining in all this for you and your family there.....

May the new year bring new beginnings there!

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

Timeline
Ravenesque-Don't worry, the food cravings and other symptoms will come later on, or not come at all, as every woman who experiences pregnancy is different and has different symptoms. For example, I had horrible mood swings but I never ever puked (I only felt a bit of nausea) with my pregnancies...Lol..The only time I puked was when I gave birth....Puked all over the operating table...lol....(guess they gave me too many meds)...I didn't gain too much weight either...but I ended up having a big baby....Oh well...Either way, glad that your pregnancy has been uneventful so far, and I hope the rest of your pregnancy continues to be that way too.

OMG, lol, you puked on the operating table? I know it's not funny but it visualizes funny, lol.

Thanks, Ant for the assurances re: pregnancy. :-) I really appreciated it.

USCS JOURNEY

NVC JOURNEY

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

dVUNm7.png

Timeline
Happy New Year everyone!

I made Tom Yum Goong, drank champagne, and went to bed at 10pm. Then I woke up feeling even worse. :crying: I am soooooooooo sick. Sick enough to wear my new pyjamas with sock monkey feet.

Chicken soup and herbal tea! Hope you feel better.

USCS JOURNEY

NVC JOURNEY

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

dVUNm7.png

OMG, lol, you puked on the operating table? I know it's not funny but it visualizes funny, lol.

Thanks, Ant for the assurances re: pregnancy. :-) I really appreciated it.

Ravenesque-Yeah, that's true..I puked (twice actually..and once on the dr/operating room staff..not good....) while giving birth during an emergency c-section...

Too many meds, I think..lol....oh well.......We all had a good laugh about it afterwards....

Not a pretty sight to see....but at least the baby came out ok...and was healthy and happy....

No problem about the re-assurances....It will all work out well in the end, I promise...:)

Meanwhile, just enjoy every step of the way....Every blueberry, orange, watermelon, etc.!

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

Timeline
I don't know which I'd rather have - puke on the operating table or poop while giving natural birth. hmm.

LOL, we have a choice?

This is one of those days where you're glad you have insurance. :-) My dad learned the hard way when his business went down--he didn't have insurance.

USCS JOURNEY

NVC JOURNEY

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

dVUNm7.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Ravenesque-Yeah, that's true..I puked (twice actually..and once on the dr/operating room staff..not good....) while giving birth during an emergency c-section...

Too many meds, I think..lol....oh well.......We all had a good laugh about it afterwards....

Not a pretty sight to see....but at least the baby came out ok...and was healthy and happy....

No problem about the re-assurances....It will all work out well in the end, I promise... :)

Meanwhile, just enjoy every step of the way....Every blueberry, orange, watermelon, etc.!

Ant

I always remember a good friend of mine years ago telling me about the birth of her son. It was a long labour and her husband was by her side coaching and breathing and encouraging her and all that other 'stuff' (VBG) through the many long hours. She said he was beginning to get on her nerves with all of his positive comments when it was hurting like crazy and started to tell him to 'shut up'. Well, the following morning after her admission he went to the cafeteria for breakfast and brought it back with him to her room. My friend was feeling angry, frustrated, in pain and felt annoyed at her husband for eating in front of her when she couldn't eat anything. She said it felt really satisfying in a perverse sort of way when she ended up throwing up all over him while he sat there eating in front of her. No lasting ramifications of the incident, of course, but she reminds him of it every now and again when she thinks he is being 'insensitive'. :lol:

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
This is one of those days where you're glad you have insurance. :-) My dad learned the hard way when his business went down--he didn't have insurance.

Oh goodness, that would be awful. :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.