Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yea no concert, it was in Kensington. We got there and I was like: "I am NOT getting out of the car" :lol:

We got there an hour early and it was at this DIVE bar. My husband isn't speaking to me right now but that's okay. I will not get out of the car in a sh1tty area and walk around and kill an hours time.

Not in Kensington. I am not stupid.

Donne moi une poptart!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/07/...nut-wars-begin/

Its getting closerrrrr.... pretty soon there will be 5 around the corner from me. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Wow, you'll have to visit a lot to make sure they stay in business and start to expand southward - so maybe they will eventually open up near me!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Wow, you'll have to visit a lot to make sure they stay in business and start to expand southward - so maybe they will eventually open up near me!

Oh I hope so!! Then maybe they'll jump one state over....to the east!!

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I read online last week that Tim Hortons is teaming up with Cold Stone Ice cream, and can be found grouped together in the same store!! Think the first 1 was going to be in new York!! Dunkin and Baskin (or another ice cream store??)do this already!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Dunkin and baskin did do it already. I am afraid if it's going to be run by the same company because I read somewhere a while back that cold stone put it's franchises in not so great situations with the cost of their products. I have just heard that owning a cold stone isn't always profitable due to cost so many were closing.

Oh and good morning! Yes tmix it was a good call IMO. It was scary :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Timeline

So I know I don't post here much, but I think I just need a forum (literally I guess :P ) to kind of get something off my chest, and do it relatively anonymously. I was just watching a video of a man who temporarily lost his wedding ring in a toll booth and it got me thinking.....

10 days after our wedding in Honduras, we were held up at gunpoint at a church of all places, by 3 kids and a lot was taken from us. My digital SLR, $500 in cash, cell phones etc as well as our wedding bands :( Of course, at the time it bothered me, shook me up etc., and I was very angry. I tried to tell myself, "oh they are just 'things' and what is important is that none of us were hurt". Well, yes of course that is important, but damnit, don't take my s**t! And really, we contemplated even getting rings. I don't overly see the point in using a 'thing' to symbolize something, but I thought it would be nice for the ceremony. So, I choose one that matched my engagement ring (which I left at home thankfully), it was very expensive, but I have never bought any jewelry before and thought this was time to splurge. And really, the ONLY reason I choose to get it was so we could exchange them and always have the memory of doing so in front of family, saying our vows. Anyway.........

I think I'm more angry than I let on. Look, I know you are poor, but just because you flash a gun doesn't mean you get whatever you want. What angers me is thinking where the rings are now. Mine probably sold for $50, maybe $100 at most to someone. They have no idea the true value ($2000) let alone the sentimental value which doesn't matter to them. They sell these rings in selected pawn shops where really, you only go to if you are just as rough as the gang bangers. My Honduran family said they would try to find someone to go (they didn't want to go because they themselves were held up and it is so corrupt they didn't want to be seen there, and I can't blame them at all for not wanting to go) but had no luck. Who knows where my ring is. I hate thinking about it, and I think it makes me more angry than i let myself believe. I hate thinking it is probably on some gang bangers wife/girlfriend, who doesn't work for anything and feels if her BF is a bully with a gun, they can get whatever they want. Ugh. I hate bullies.

As much of a great country Honduras is, I wish the politics of it would change. Something needs to be done about the crime and corruption because it is out of control. The gangs really are taking over. EVERY SINGLE adult member of my Honduran family has been held up at gunpoint. EVERY SINGLE one of them, and now that i think about it, they have had it happen MULTIIPLE times. My SIL JUST got held up a month before our church incident. My one BIL had gangbangers enter his truck with him and told him to drive and they shot at him IN THE truck, kicked him and his GF out, and stole it. I mean, it is INSANE. I understand it is easy to say "well thankfully no one is hurt" but to live in such an environment is just not right. You have people there doing things the right way, and it either gets taken away from them, or they live in fear by these other people who say, "hey, gonna do things the easy way here", and simply flash a gun to get what they want. Well I guess now my anger is more political than sentimental now :P . Hopefully with new president things will change for the better. Anyway...leave it to me to end on a political note.

Sorry such a downer, maybe I should have posted in the vent thread. Like I said, I just needed to write it out, get it out and do it kind of anonymously.

September 11th, 2004 - Met in Asia

May 2007 - Engaged in Hawaii!!

June 2008 - I-129F Petition

June (I think) 2008 - NOA1

October 2008 - NOA2 (P3 sent to wrong consulate by accident)

December 2008 - NON-legal wedding ceremony in Honduras

January 19th, 2009 - P3 finally arrives to correct consulate AND me!!

January 19th, 2009 - "Overnighted" P3 back same day. I am so efficient!!

January 23rd, 2009 - Montreal finally gets it. "Overnight" my a**!! Money refunded to me from Canada Post...ASAH!

March 27th, 2009 - Notified by phone call of interview date

March 31, 2009 - Interview Letter received in mail (P4)

April 6th, 2009 - Medical

April 17th, 2009 - Interview!!!

April 27th 2009 MOVED POE - Buffalo Peace Bridge

May 1st 2009 - Married!!

May 18th - SSN arrived in mail

AoS:

May 14th, 2009 - Filed for AoS - Come on NOOOO RFE'S!!!

May 22nd, 2009 - NOA1 for AoS, AP, EAD - California Service Center. ASAH

May 30th, 2009 - Biometrics appointment letter received for I485, I765 (where is the I131????)....date June 12th. 2009

June 2nd, 2009 - Biometrics completed

June 15th, 2009 - EAD Card production ordered!!

June 20th, 2009 - AP, EAD arrives in mail! (no email from CRIS)

July 2nd, 2009 - AOS Transferred to California

August 7th, 2009 - Green Card production ordered. WoohoO!

hmpfff. we're gonna have to revoke your canadian citizenship for that.

It's okay. I have another. :ph34r:

(Well, actually, it's not ok, but that doesn't tie in with the joke. LOL)

I could so easily do an electronic transfer, either via customhouse or interac email payment - but this particular company doesn't accept that type of payment nor do they take credit cards (so silly).

:blink:

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/07/...nut-wars-begin/

Its getting closerrrrr.... pretty soon there will be 5 around the corner from me. :lol:

Yaaaaay Hortons! I'm actually surprised there aren't any following the snowbirds down to Florida.

[snip]

Sorry such a downer, maybe I should have posted in the vent thread. Like I said, I just needed to write it out, get it out and do it kind of anonymously.

:(

I am so sorry, FormerlyCA. That is just a horrible story all the way around. (F) (F) (F)

iagree.gif

Timeline
Yaaaaay Hortons! I'm actually surprised there aren't any following the snowbirds down to Florida.

We have discussed a few times how there is absolutely zero catering to Canadians living in Florida - it's weird.

Timeline

We have discussed a few times how there is absolutely zero catering to Canadians living in Florida - it's weird.

But that doesn't stop them from going there in flocks! My Dad and stepmom go for a month every year, they rent a house. They will definitely be snowbirds when he retires!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Yeah, it is pretty crazy. The only thing "Canadian" I've seen is on their menus and in their stores.... Canadian bacon. Which, of course, isn't Canadian bacon, but that doesn't stop them. I like the Buffalo area. When they say Canadian, they mean Canadian. They even know how to make a mean caesar! And not the salad kind.

iagree.gif

Timeline

I love how the top news story in Canada the past few days has been whether Harper pocketed the wafer. Oh, Canada!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline
I love how the top news story in Canada the past few days has been whether Harper pocketed the wafer. Oh, Canada!

I hadn't seen anything about this so looked it up - it ridiculous and yet funny too!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.