5,125 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, that was an interesting read.

That topic that got closed in the Introductions section of the forums.

Really... quite an interesting read.

The immaturity of people amazes me sometimes.

Quite amusing at the same time though.

Edited by Rhiann

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Interesting indeed...

I was initially rather shocked by the brashness of a couple of posters, but the OP's reaction was so ridiculously over the top (and relentless) that I really can't feel an ounce of sympathy for her. If she'd made one or two tactful posts about how she is certain her fiance doesn't fall into the category of the others mentioned, it would have ended there. But she blew it out of proportion. What a train wreck...

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Speaking of Facebook...I have this friend on there (when I say friend, I mean I "knew of him" in high school, and he kept asking me out, but I always said no because he scared me... that kind of friend,) who has been posting some really creepy stuff lately. His whole wall is filled up with things about how he is "waiting for the first person to even look at him wrong so he can tear them open and let them bleed to death while he stands watching" and other disgusting violent ideas.

I wish I could recall some of the things on there, but he literally posts long "threats" like this everyday, and I'm beginning to wonder if I should say something. I noticed that his girlfriend broke up with him recently, so I'm betting that has something to do with it.

I'm starting to worry that if someone doesn't say something soon that he is going to explode and do something he'll regret, but I'm not even sure how seriously authorities in Canada would take Facebook posts.

/sigh I hate drama.

Call me a coward but I wouldnt say anything to him if he can track you down. He sounds crazy.

It sure sounds like a desperate cry for attention though....

Oh heck no...I wasn't going to say anything to him about it lol. I was thinking more along the lines of reporting it to authorities, but I doubt I will even do that, as I'm not too sure how seriously the RCMP would take facebook mumblings.

I think you'd be surprised! My little sister had some issues with this a few years back. She was 12 years old at the time, and a "friend" and her were talking about a girl from school they didn't like, and I guess in passing my sister said something she shouldn't have about wanting to kick the girl, or smack her, or something stupid kids say when they're angry. Well long story short, my sisters "friend" and her got in a fight, she showed the girl they were talking about a transcript of the convo, the girls mom read it and called the cops, and they came down to the school and were going to arrest my sister. She shouldn't have said it, no, but she was a kid and didn't realize it could come back around. She had never really been in trouble her whole life, straight A's, the whole bit. In the end cooler heads prevailed and they let her off with a warning, but it goes to show you how things you put out on the internet can come back and haunt you! I know its a different situation, but I was really surprised by the cops willingness to take action.

Wow Hugglebuggles, I am surprised! Kids stay stupid stuff like that all the time. That will freak a kid out for while!

As per the crazy FB poster, it would be a shame if he were to act on it and you felt you could have done something and didn't. I wouldn't have thought authorities would have done much about it either, but I guess in light of other comments, it is worth a try.

I agree...I've done some hard thinking about it the last couple hours, and think it's about time someone said something. I would hate to have something like that on my conscience if anything were to come of it.

Hmph....the RCMP pretty much just laughed me off the phone. They recommended reporting him to facebook (yeah, ok...what are they going to do, e-slap him?.)

If his ex-g/f winds up dead I can't say I didn't try.

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Timeline

Interesting indeed...

I was initially rather shocked by the brashness of a couple of posters, but the OP's reaction was so ridiculously over the top (and relentless) that I really can't feel an ounce of sympathy for her. If she'd made one or two tactful posts about how she is certain her fiance doesn't fall into the category of the others mentioned, it would have ended there. But she blew it out of proportion. What a train wreck...

I just went and read the entire thing. I was pretty taken aback...I wonder how long she'll last though... :unsure:

Edited by Bern.

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Interesting indeed...

I just went and read the entire thing. I was pretty taken aback...I wonder how long she'll last though... :unsure:

I just read it too and wow. Her overreaction and defensiveness actually makes me think she is doubting something herself or has heard this before. If someone was to question the validity of my relationship in that manner I would have simply laughed it off, knowing its not true. If you know its not true than why let things like that bother you so much? I don't really know. But wow, I don't feel bad for her either, she obviously needs to learn some social skills.

Did anyone else see the pictures? Does something seem wrong with them to you too? I mean, he's... not to bad looking, I mean not to bad at all.

Timeline

Interesting indeed...

I just read it too and wow. Her overreaction and defensiveness actually makes me think she is doubting something herself or has heard this before. If someone was to question the validity of my relationship in that manner I would have simply laughed it off, knowing its not true. If you know its not true than why let things like that bother you so much? I don't really know. But wow, I don't feel bad for her either, she obviously needs to learn some social skills.

Did anyone else see the pictures? Does something seem wrong with them to you too? I mean, he's... not to bad looking, I mean not to bad at all.

In this case, I almost see both sides, though I do agree the OP went WAY over the handle...almost like she was already suspecting the same thing herself, but choosing to be blind to it.

To be honest, if I was hounded the way she was by 3-4 people telling me that MY fiance was only after me for a greencard and that he was only out to break my heart, I would be more than slightly pi$$ed too. It's easy to laugh when it's said once or twice but when people are being relentless and determined to tear you down, it's not always easy to laugh it off.

The manner in which they met is definitely suspicious, no doubt about that, but I often wonder how much concern the other posters had about the USC as opposed to how much they just like to get a little drama started at someone else's expense.

That's just my two cents.

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

July 25/07 Medical

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Timeline
In this case, I almost see both sides, though I do agree the OP went WAY over the handle...almost like she was already suspecting the same thing herself, but choosing to be blind to it.

To be honest, if I was hounded the way she was by 3-4 people telling me that MY fiance was only after me for a greencard and that he was only out to break my heart, I would be more than slightly pi$$ed too. It's easy to laugh when it's said once or twice but when people are being relentless and determined to tear you down, it's not always easy to laugh it off.

The manner in which they met is definitely suspicious, no doubt about that, but I often wonder how much concern the other posters had about the USC as opposed to how much they just like to get a little drama started at someone else's expense.

I do too (see her side as well) - it did drag on wayyy too long. Many people here know what it's like to be away from your SO and there are days when you are probably pretty emotional - this might just be one of those days for her so the timing of the other posts couldn't have been much worse?

Regardless of whether anyone thinks she is a drama queen, or immature, or any of the other names she was called, she was obviously a person very distressed and it would not have hurt the nay sayers to back off.

There are a lot of mean people that post on these forums.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

I do too (see her side as well) - it did drag on wayyy too long. Many people here know what it's like to be away from your SO and there are days when you are probably pretty emotional - this might just be one of those days for her so the timing of the other posts couldn't have been much worse?

Regardless of whether anyone thinks she is a drama queen, or immature, or any of the other names she was called, she was obviously a person very distressed and it would not have hurt the nay sayers to back off.

There are a lot of mean people that post on these forums.

Exactly! Way to put it the way it is, Trailmix

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

July 25/07 Medical

Morning, La Souris...and VJ in general.

That's a nice looking cuppa joe there...

Trailmix -- I totally agree with you, as is often the case. And Misty too. I've taken my fair share of abuse on message boards, whether as a mod or a member, but if, after a few months of posting updates, someone came on and started dogging me about how I'm possibly being used by my SO and that it's a scam etc., I'd be pissed off too. But the extent to which Mandy posted defenses was pretty ridiculous. I'm NOT knocking mods in the least, as that forum is probably the least likely to ever need moderation...but in an ideal situation, that thread would have been closed WAY before it got to where it did.

A number of years ago when I was the mod of a mix critique forum of a pro audio site (the forum was geared towards producers / engineers putting up recent mixes and getting suggestions on how to make them better), I was vehemently accused of "cherry picking" a mixing project that was submitted (and mixed...pretty badly) by a band. I loved the song, but the mix was horrible, so I told them I'd do a full mix of the song in my home studio and if they were happy with it, I would fly down to L.A. and mix their album. Well, once one long-time mixing engineer caught wind of this he utterly blew up, and went on a multi-post tirade about how I was a horrible human being, and a bunch of other very nasty things. It was really quite something! But things eventually died down, that particular poster wound up being banned from a separate forum (and died of a heart attack a couple years later), and not only did the mix critique forum continue on...it eventually morphed into a forum that encouraged networking between musicians, producers and engineers...and pairing up to perform on one another's recordings, do remixes etc. So...basically a "cherry picking" forum. :lol:

That was six years ago, and ever since then I've always taken message boards with a grain of salt. It's NEVER worth blowing up on them, since nothing productive ever comes of it. Not. A. Thing.

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Timeline
Morning, La Souris...and VJ in general.

That's a nice looking cuppa joe there...

Trailmix -- I totally agree with you, as is often the case. And Misty too. I've taken my fair share of abuse on message boards, whether as a mod or a member, but if, after a few months of posting updates, someone came on and started dogging me about how I'm possibly being used by my SO and that it's a scam etc., I'd be pissed off too. But the extent to which Mandy posted defenses was pretty ridiculous. I'm NOT knocking mods in the least, as that forum is probably the least likely to ever need moderation...but in an ideal situation, that thread would have been closed WAY before it got to where it did.

A number of years ago when I was the mod of a mix critique forum of a pro audio site (the forum was geared towards producers / engineers putting up recent mixes and getting suggestions on how to make them better), I was vehemently accused of "cherry picking" a mixing project that was submitted (and mixed...pretty badly) by a band. I loved the song, but the mix was horrible, so I told them I'd do a full mix of the song in my home studio and if they were happy with it, I would fly down to L.A. and mix their album. Well, once one long-time mixing engineer caught wind of this he utterly blew up, and went on a multi-post tirade about how I was a horrible human being, and a bunch of other very nasty things. It was really quite something! But things eventually died down, that particular poster wound up being banned from a separate forum (and died of a heart attack a couple years later), and not only did the mix critique forum continue on...it eventually morphed into a forum that encouraged networking between musicians, producers and engineers...and pairing up to perform on one another's recordings, do remixes etc. So...basically a "cherry picking" forum. :lol:

That was six years ago, and ever since then I've always taken message boards with a grain of salt. It's NEVER worth blowing up on them, since nothing productive ever comes of it. Not. A. Thing.

Are you still working in that field?

Forum drama always makes me look like a mix of :wacko::blink::rolleyes:

Are you still working in that field?

'Fraid not. :( I loved it, and produced a number of projects that I'm proud of, but there was just no money in it as a full-time thing. I can see myself getting back into it down the road some day though...whether for my own music or for others. I can't deny that I miss it...though I don't miss the weeks on end of seeking out bands looking to record (and have little money to do so with...).

Forum drama always makes me look like a mix of :wacko::blink::rolleyes:

Yeah. I agree. Yet almost every forum I've been on has had its fair share of DRAAAAMAAA. I guess when you get hundreds or thousands of diverse personalities into the same virtual room, there are bound to be clashes.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

nice coffee, no more slightly used cups :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Slow forum this morning. All the Canadians must be hungover from their Christmas parties last night. :P

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.