Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Speaking of Facebook...I have this friend on there (when I say friend, I mean I "knew of him" in high school, and he kept asking me out, but I always said no because he scared me... that kind of friend,) who has been posting some really creepy stuff lately. His whole wall is filled up with things about how he is "waiting for the first person to even look at him wrong so he can tear them open and let them bleed to death while he stands watching" and other disgusting violent ideas.

I wish I could recall some of the things on there, but he literally posts long "threats" like this everyday, and I'm beginning to wonder if I should say something. I noticed that his girlfriend broke up with him recently, so I'm betting that has something to do with it.

I'm starting to worry that if someone doesn't say something soon that he is going to explode and do something he'll regret, but I'm not even sure how seriously authorities in Canada would take Facebook posts.

/sigh I hate drama.

Call me a coward but I wouldnt say anything to him if he can track you down. He sounds crazy.

It sure sounds like a desperate cry for attention though....

Oh heck no...I wasn't going to say anything to him about it lol. I was thinking more along the lines of reporting it to authorities, but I doubt I will even do that, as I'm not too sure how seriously the RCMP would take facebook mumblings.

I think you'd be surprised! My little sister had some issues with this a few years back. She was 12 years old at the time, and a "friend" and her were talking about a girl from school they didn't like, and I guess in passing my sister said something she shouldn't have about wanting to kick the girl, or smack her, or something stupid kids say when they're angry. Well long story short, my sisters "friend" and her got in a fight, she showed the girl they were talking about a transcript of the convo, the girls mom read it and called the cops, and they came down to the school and were going to arrest my sister. She shouldn't have said it, no, but she was a kid and didn't realize it could come back around. She had never really been in trouble her whole life, straight A's, the whole bit. In the end cooler heads prevailed and they let her off with a warning, but it goes to show you how things you put out on the internet can come back and haunt you! I know its a different situation, but I was really surprised by the cops willingness to take action.

Wow Hugglebuggles, I am surprised! Kids stay stupid stuff like that all the time. That will freak a kid out for while!

As per the crazy FB poster, it would be a shame if he were to act on it and you felt you could have done something and didn't. I wouldn't have thought authorities would have done much about it either, but I guess in light of other comments, it is worth a try.

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Speaking of Facebook...I have this friend on there (when I say friend, I mean I "knew of him" in high school, and he kept asking me out, but I always said no because he scared me... that kind of friend,) who has been posting some really creepy stuff lately. His whole wall is filled up with things about how he is "waiting for the first person to even look at him wrong so he can tear them open and let them bleed to death while he stands watching" and other disgusting violent ideas.

I wish I could recall some of the things on there, but he literally posts long "threats" like this everyday, and I'm beginning to wonder if I should say something. I noticed that his girlfriend broke up with him recently, so I'm betting that has something to do with it.

I'm starting to worry that if someone doesn't say something soon that he is going to explode and do something he'll regret, but I'm not even sure how seriously authorities in Canada would take Facebook posts.

/sigh I hate drama.

Call me a coward but I wouldnt say anything to him if he can track you down. He sounds crazy.

It sure sounds like a desperate cry for attention though....

Oh heck no...I wasn't going to say anything to him about it lol. I was thinking more along the lines of reporting it to authorities, but I doubt I will even do that, as I'm not too sure how seriously the RCMP would take facebook mumblings.

I think you'd be surprised! My little sister had some issues with this a few years back. She was 12 years old at the time, and a "friend" and her were talking about a girl from school they didn't like, and I guess in passing my sister said something she shouldn't have about wanting to kick the girl, or smack her, or something stupid kids say when they're angry. Well long story short, my sisters "friend" and her got in a fight, she showed the girl they were talking about a transcript of the convo, the girls mom read it and called the cops, and they came down to the school and were going to arrest my sister. She shouldn't have said it, no, but she was a kid and didn't realize it could come back around. She had never really been in trouble her whole life, straight A's, the whole bit. In the end cooler heads prevailed and they let her off with a warning, but it goes to show you how things you put out on the internet can come back and haunt you! I know its a different situation, but I was really surprised by the cops willingness to take action.

Wow Hugglebuggles, I am surprised! Kids stay stupid stuff like that all the time. That will freak a kid out for while!

As per the crazy FB poster, it would be a shame if he were to act on it and you felt you could have done something and didn't. I wouldn't have thought authorities would have done much about it either, but I guess in light of other comments, it is worth a try.

I agree...I've done some hard thinking about it the last couple hours, and think it's about time someone said something. I would hate to have something like that on my conscience if anything were to come of it.

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Timeline
can't even imagine in this day and age with younger people saying stuff like that and it getting all out of hand.

Man.

I keep trying to make the kids I work with understand that A] Threats aren't funny, or joking, they're threats....and B] anything you say to anyone anywhere on the internet can later come back to haunt you. Our school (and my youth center) have a close-to-zero-tolerence rule for threats/threatening behavior - the only exception I can think of is when the kid is obviously joking with their friend/sibling/cousin/etc. - and even then they're warned about it.

I had a kid towards the begining of the school year who got mad at me and told me if he came in the next day and [insert whatever he was mad about that day] happened again, he was going to kick my @$$. I told him not to bother coming back the next day. When he came back at the start of the next week, he and I had a nice little chat about why it wasn't appropriate, what the consequences could've been (if he'd said that to a teacher he'd be suspended, if he said it to an employer he'd be fired, if he said it to a cop he'd have been in a WHOLE lot of trouble...) and that he was never to threaten anyone on our property again. I've caught him correcting other students since then, trying to keep them from getting kicked out too :)

Tweens and teens don't understand that the internets are forever. They post all kinds of pictures/blogs/information about themselves that I wouldn't ever have dreamed of posting online. We've done a few online safety programs and I talk to kids as they post things that they shouldn't. I'm reasonably certain most of these kids' parents don't know that they have a myspace, and certainly don't check up on them if they do know. You should SEE what some of these kids post!

Edited by ScooterMac

Timeline for Spoom

2009-02-14: Engaged!

2009-02-21: Sent I-129F package to VSC

2009-11-09: Interview!! - APPROVED!!!

2009-11-21: POE

2010-01-23: WEDDING!!!

2010-02-19: Sent I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), I-131 (AP) package to Chicago Lockbox

2010-03-01: NOA1

2010-03-16: Transferred to CSC!

2010-03-24: Biometrics in Buffalo

2010-04-21: AOS APPROVED!

2010-04-27: Received I-797 Approval / Welcome to America letter for AOS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

160441766_0f8757fca9.jpg

since carla's gone, i guess i'll do the coffee today.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
160441766_0f8757fca9.jpg

since carla's gone, i guess i'll do the coffee today.

Coffee's good on a snowy day like today! I only wish they'd have cancelled school earlier, so I could've slept in and THEN had coffee!

Timeline for Spoom

2009-02-14: Engaged!

2009-02-21: Sent I-129F package to VSC

2009-11-09: Interview!! - APPROVED!!!

2009-11-21: POE

2010-01-23: WEDDING!!!

2010-02-19: Sent I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), I-131 (AP) package to Chicago Lockbox

2010-03-01: NOA1

2010-03-16: Transferred to CSC!

2010-03-24: Biometrics in Buffalo

2010-04-21: AOS APPROVED!

2010-04-27: Received I-797 Approval / Welcome to America letter for AOS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for the coffee charles. I love those mugs!

I can't believe next week is my last week of work before my Christmas vacation! I am so excited to go home to snow, and friends and family.

Donne moi une poptart!

Thanks for the coffee charles. I love those mugs!

I can't believe next week is my last week of work before my Christmas vacation! I am so excited to go home to snow, and friends and family.

I can't believe it's only two weeks to Christmas!

Usually (for me) the holiday season drags on for ages, and the actual day of Christmas is a blessing unto itself, simply because it has arrived...and will be over the next day! Typically I haven't been a fan of Christmas. I'm no Scrooge, but I hate the utter materialism of this time of year...

Having a wife changes things for me. I can only imagine that having kids will change things too... :)

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Timeline

morning everyone! yeah those mugs are great!

*waves*

Two weeks til Xmas??? Wow, that really snuck up, didn't it? I am off work as of the 22nd but there will be NO one here so I think I'll be able to come and go as I please.

Can't wait to have some time off and just do stuff and not have to rush to work every damn day!

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Yeah. My wife will be here for nine days over the Christmas holiday, and we're planning on going up to my family's cabin on Shuswap Lake from the 28th to the 1st, providing the mountain pass isn't too bad in terms of snow.

I can't imagine anything nicer than to spend a few days in seclusion with my wife, surrounded by nature, curled up in front of a wood-burning stove and watching movies. Purr.

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Timeline
Yeah. My wife will be here for nine days over the Christmas holiday, and we're planning on going up to my family's cabin on Shuswap Lake from the 28th to the 1st, providing the mountain pass isn't too bad in terms of snow.

I can't imagine anything nicer than to spend a few days in seclusion with my wife, surrounded by nature, curled up in front of a wood-burning stove and watching movies. Purr.

Good morning!

See Wyatt, you really do like Christmas!

Timeline
... Typically I haven't been a fan of Christmas. I'm no Scrooge, but I hate the utter materialism of this time of year...

Having a wife changes things for me. I can only imagine that having kids will change things too... :)

I seond that!

08-31-07: MARRIED!

USCS JOURNEY

04-18-08 : Mailed I-130

05-28-08 : Received NOA2

NVC JOURNEY

08-26-08: Mailed Choice of Agent (DS-3032)

09-19-08: DS-3032 received. Notice to pay IV Application Processing fee

06-08-09: Paid $400 IV fee and $70 AOS fee

12-21-09: Mailed AOS and IV package

12-28-09: Failed Login

01-07-10: Case complete!!!

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

03-31-10 : Medical exam

04-27-10 : Interview date

11-12-10 : Received Visa

03-06-11 : USA entry

dVUNm7.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh. My. Gosh. 2 weeks?! I haven't bought a single present yet! And I need to ship a bunch of stuff to Canada. I better get on that...

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I freely admit that I am a scrooge. But to be fair, I don't like any holiday, except Thanksgiving. Turkey Day is sacred and shall not be denegrated in any way, shape or form.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I freely admit that I am a scrooge. But to be fair, I don't like any holiday, except Thanksgiving. Turkey Day is sacred and shall not be denegrated in any way, shape or form.

:whistle:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.