Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yep, that's about right.

How'd you know about my calves? I have the hardest time buying boots -- those suckers don't fit into anything.

Just fry me up and call me Frog's Legs!

;)

Lgg Medical Report

Dx

Greenish Complexion

Cyclist Calves (++)

Light Paranoia

Dr. Mouse

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline
Yep, that's about right.

How'd you know about my calves? I have the hardest time buying boots -- those suckers don't fit into anything.

;)

Lgg Medical Report

Dx

Greenish Complexion

Cyclist Calves (++)

Light Paranoia

Dr. Mouse

You'll be fine :) And the (++) was meant as a good thing. I have the same problem with boots. I'm not big in any way, just a little muscular, so, I'm curious how they design the boots :wacko:

Timeline

Speaking of Facebook...I have this friend on there (when I say friend, I mean I "knew of him" in high school, and he kept asking me out, but I always said no because he scared me... that kind of friend,) who has been posting some really creepy stuff lately. His whole wall is filled up with things about how he is "waiting for the first person to even look at him wrong so he can tear them open and let them bleed to death while he stands watching" and other disgusting violent ideas.

I wish I could recall some of the things on there, but he literally posts long "threats" like this everyday, and I'm beginning to wonder if I should say something. I noticed that his girlfriend broke up with him recently, so I'm betting that has something to do with it.

I'm starting to worry that if someone doesn't say something soon that he is going to explode and do something he'll regret, but I'm not even sure how seriously authorities in Canada would take Facebook posts.

/sigh I hate drama.

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Timeline

OH yes, La Souris, I took the ++ that way!

I don't understand why bootmakers assume that all calves are the same size -- its' pretty rude, I must say!

:D

Yep, that's about right.

;)

Lgg Medical Report

Dx

Greenish Complexion

Cyclist Calves (++)

Light Paranoia

Dr. Mouse

You'll be fine :) And the (++) was meant as a good thing. I have the same problem with boots. I'm not big in any way, just a little muscular, so, I'm curious how they design the boots :wacko:

USCIS

NVC

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

Kermit the Frog

Timeline
OH yes, La Souris, I took the ++ that way!

I don't understand why bootmakers assume that all calves are the same size -- its' pretty rude, I must say!

:D

Yep, that's about right.

;)

Lgg Medical Report

Dx

Greenish Complexion

Cyclist Calves (++)

Light Paranoia

Dr. Mouse

Clothes sizing... uh... I think I should go in the vent thread instead. It makes no sense.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Speaking of Facebook...I have this friend on there (when I say friend, I mean I "knew of him" in high school, and he kept asking me out, but I always said no because he scared me... that kind of friend,) who has been posting some really creepy stuff lately. His whole wall is filled up with things about how he is "waiting for the first person to even look at him wrong so he can tear them open and let them bleed to death while he stands watching" and other disgusting violent ideas.

I wish I could recall some of the things on there, but he literally posts long "threats" like this everyday, and I'm beginning to wonder if I should say something. I noticed that his girlfriend broke up with him recently, so I'm betting that has something to do with it.

I'm starting to worry that if someone doesn't say something soon that he is going to explode and do something he'll regret, but I'm not even sure how seriously authorities in Canada would take Facebook posts.

/sigh I hate drama.

Call me a coward but I wouldnt say anything to him if he can track you down. He sounds crazy.

It sure sounds like a desperate cry for attention though....

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Timeline

/sigh I hate drama.

Call me a coward but I wouldnt say anything to him if he can track you down. He sounds crazy.

Oh heck no...I wasn't going to say anything to him about it lol. I was thinking more along the lines of reporting it to authorities, but I doubt I will even do that, as I'm not too sure how seriously the RCMP would take facebook mumblings.

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

/sigh I hate drama.

Oh heck no...I wasn't going to say anything to him about it lol. I was thinking more along the lines of reporting it to authorities, but I doubt I will even do that, as I'm not too sure how seriously the RCMP would take facebook mumblings.

I think you'd be surprised! My little sister had some issues with this a few years back. She was 12 years old at the time, and a "friend" and her were talking about a girl from school they didn't like, and I guess in passing my sister said something she shouldn't have about wanting to kick the girl, or smack her, or something stupid kids say when they're angry. Well long story short, my sisters "friend" and her got in a fight, she showed the girl they were talking about a transcript of the convo, the girls mom read it and called the cops, and they came down to the school and were going to arrest my sister. She shouldn't have said it, no, but she was a kid and didn't realize it could come back around. She had never really been in trouble her whole life, straight A's, the whole bit. In the end cooler heads prevailed and they let her off with a warning, but it goes to show you how things you put out on the internet can come back and haunt you! I know its a different situation, but I was really surprised by the cops willingness to take action.

Timeline

OH my gosh, buggles... that's crazy! Poor little sister!

But it's true though, even with my very, very best friends we sometimes misinterpret something said in passing or if one of us is already tired or p1ssy, we can just choose to read something wrong into a harmless statement or jab. It's so easy to do with the written word. Even here soemtimes, i'll write something and then worry that perhaps it'll be be misinterpreted. I misinterpret things too but hey... we all do

can't even imagine in this day and age with younger people saying stuff like that and it getting all out of hand.

Man.

Glad it worked out for her!

:)

/sigh I hate drama.

I think you'd be surprised! My little sister had some issues with this a few years back. She was 12 years old at the time, and a "friend" and her were talking about a girl from school they didn't like, and I guess in passing my sister said something she shouldn't have about wanting to kick the girl, or smack her, or something stupid kids say when they're angry. Well long story short, my sisters "friend" and her got in a fight, she showed the girl they were talking about a transcript of the convo, the girls mom read it and called the cops, and they came down to the school and were going to arrest my sister. She shouldn't have said it, no, but she was a kid and didn't realize it could come back around. She had never really been in trouble her whole life, straight A's, the whole bit. In the end cooler heads prevailed and they let her off with a warning, but it goes to show you how things you put out on the internet can come back and haunt you! I know its a different situation, but I was really surprised by the cops willingness to take action.

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

/sigh I hate drama.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/prince-edward-isl...ckdown-584.html

they take it seriously on PEI...

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

/sigh I hate drama.

If World of Warcraft takes suicide talk seriously enough to report it to the FBI, I think the RCMP will take FB posts seriously, too. :)

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Timeline

Really, eh?

Hmmm, can't say that's a bad thing, the WOW thing, that is...

I had no idea

/sigh I hate drama.

If World of Warcraft takes suicide talk seriously enough to report it to the FBI, I think the RCMP will take FB posts seriously, too. :)

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Timeline

Yeah, there have been a few people who said they were going to commit suicide (a couple were joking) and the cops showed up at their door.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Timeline

:blink:

Well, if I may say? i don't think it's ever anything to joke about. I had a friend who used to get really bummed and she'd say, "I'm so sick of everything, I don't want to get out of bed, I want to die..."

It would really worry me. She never did anything but I think it's a horrible thing to say and to even joke about.

Yeah, there have been a few people who said they were going to commit suicide (a couple were joking) and the cops showed up at their door.

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Ha!

Yeah, well, I know I am none or have none of that, but I get all wiggy. I'll just be glad when it's done!

:)

If theres something wrong with your medical results they will tell you. If they don't say anything then you're good to go! Don't worry lgg. Unless you have HIV or TB you should be good to go. Oh, and if you're a drug adict. So lay off the crack :P

But what if you have.... Cancyphillosis??? :o

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.