Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

I'd offer to take over coffee duties, Charles, but I've been having trouble getting JUST the right mix with this new coffee maker. I feel like the guy near the beginning of Mulholland Drive..."napkin!"

I can't remember what was the beginning of that movie... just some part in the middle :blush:

Haha. It's one of my favorite movies.

There's this scene towards the beginning where there's a board meeting to discuss the casting of a movie. One of the executives (played by Lynch's longtime composer, Angelo Badalamenti, incidentally) is brought an espresso, and it's made clear that this has happened before, with the server saying something like, "I'm pretty sure this one will be more to your taste, sir." The executive makes a great show of arranging the napkin, saucer etc., lifts the tiny cup to his mouth, pinkie raised, and quaffs. A few quick camera shots of faces at the table, looking expectantly for the exec's reaction. And the reaction? Slowly, the entire sip of espresso is pushed out of his mouth, running down his chin, and the executive uses his tongue to clear out any traces of what is obviously (to him) inferior espresso. And the entire table erupts into chaos.

Gotta love David Lynch! :D

Oh, and La Souris...what part exactly? I can probably guess... :lol:

Edited by Wyatt's Torch

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Tee hee hee. :innocent:

I really wish someone would fill me in on the backstory. I'm not a gossipy old biddy...but I'm damn curious, I'll admit!

Well you know who kittyfang is correct? Well after she got beaten in to the ground she exited VJ. A few people googled her username which took them to a yahoo QandA page where there is a user called kittyfang who asks about being out of status and about getting a Canadian passport without proper ID - which is something the VJ kittyfang asked about. (if you google her username you can easily find it)

Anyway, I believe there is a post in there from about 2 years ago, where she had some kind of run in with the law.

That's the back story.

It was 4 months ago. :P

Also she posted that she had genital warts.

Donne moi une poptart!

So my mom's decided that she's going to get a labradoodle as her next pet.

Now to seek out labradoodle breeders in Ontario!

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

The one combination of poodle and another dog I've always found ridiculous is the Cockapoo (cocker spaniel and poodle). Seriously, Cockapoo? Who came up with that? The reverse (Poocock) doesn't sound any better. No matter what you do, it sounds like some sort of perverted sex act.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I'd offer to take over coffee duties, Charles, but I've been having trouble getting JUST the right mix with this new coffee maker. I feel like the guy near the beginning of Mulholland Drive..."napkin!"

I can't remember what was the beginning of that movie... just some part in the middle :blush:

Haha. It's one of my favorite movies.

There's this scene towards the beginning where there's a board meeting to discuss the casting of a movie. One of the executives (played by Lynch's longtime composer, Angelo Badalamenti, incidentally) is brought an espresso, and it's made clear that this has happened before, with the server saying something like, "I'm pretty sure this one will be more to your taste, sir." The executive makes a great show of arranging the napkin, saucer etc., lifts the tiny cup to his mouth, pinkie raised, and quaffs. A few quick camera shots of faces at the table, looking expectantly for the exec's reaction. And the reaction? Slowly, the entire sip of espresso is pushed out of his mouth, running down his chin, and the executive uses his tongue to clear out any traces of what is obviously (to him) inferior espresso. And the entire table erupts into chaos.

Gotta love David Lynch! :D

Oh, and La Souris...what part exactly? I can probably guess... :lol:

:lol:

The one combination of poodle and another dog I've always found ridiculous is the Cockapoo (cocker spaniel and poodle). Seriously, Cockapoo? Who came up with that? The reverse (Poocock) doesn't sound any better. No matter what you do, it sounds like some sort of perverted sex act.

HAHA you're funny.

So I'm alone at work today from my team. My boss's mom has brain surgery today, my co-worker is gone to her uncle's funeral and I have no clue where the other 2 are. I'm sure one of them didn't want to drive to work, even tho the roads are fine.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Timeline

Oh my god. Going through this RIGHT now. Cannot sleep, wake up in the middle of the night with my head spinning. Nervous about the medical on Monday, nervous about all the stuff I have to do once that is done. GIving notice on my apartment and then after the interview, quitting my jobs and moving. I have the framework all laid out for a smooth transition, i have some wriggle room for errors but wow.

Cannot get my mind to wind down at night... I'm usually so good at it. And La Souris, I make lists all the damn time. I am the queen of lists!

:D

Merci for the coffee :)

// waking up because of "stuff" used to happen to me and I was going mad (waking up, not being able to go back to sleep, being tired, getting nervous of forgetting stuff, waking up the next night :wacko: ) - I read that it can be helpful to write a list of the "stuff" to be done, to be remembered, and all before going to bed and it does help - I still do it when I feel too busy to remember everything. Some nights, I still wake up but I remember that it's ok, I wrote it down... and I'm able to go back to sleep.

Have a nice weekend :)

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline

Haha I love facebook (shut it haters)

My crazy cousins gf changed her status to single, removed my cousin but kept the rest of us on and is now making a status update every hour about how much she hates him. :lol:

All aboard the train wreck choo choo!

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
LoL, I found this page yesterday Nev, think you'll like it. It's some funny facebook c0ckups. :lol:

Facebook Fvckups

Yea I've taken screen shots of everything this girl has been doing. I plan on making a pretty decoupaged picture for her with EVERYTHING.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Do tell, Sprails...

I'm not on facebook myself but I do love this sort of sh1tnanigans!

LoL, I found this page yesterday Nev, think you'll like it. It's some funny facebook c0ckups. :lol:

Facebook Fvckups

Yea I've taken screen shots of everything this girl has been doing. I plan on making a pretty decoupaged picture for her with EVERYTHING.

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Thanks for that link, Rob. I laughed my ####### off.

Edited by Wyatt's Torch

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Timeline
Do tell, Sprails...

I'm not on facebook myself but I do love this sort of sh1tnanigans!

Facebook Fvckups

Well a couple of days ago he posted this (I previously posted it in the vent thread):

Thats him posting, my uncle posts after, and then she posts afterwards.

You see his brother, just got married to the mother of his daughter. So I guess she has some issues with this, I don't know why. But it's like all out there for people to see. The two women have been fighting like cats for over a year. They were each others friends on facebooks, and used to tell each other to die through their status updates... they finally removed one another.

It's just all so funny and so immature. The other day my cousin posts an update about not taking ####### anymore, and I guess she didn't like that... so now she's going off the deep end. :lol:

He just moved in with her last week. Damn his parents were all ready to turn his bedroom into an office too.

If i let every thought about life come out in my status update, people would think I'm nuts. I'm glad I hide it well. :P

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.