Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

I responded. :D

Nice comment. :lol:

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
so we are going to this Christmas Dinner in a few weeks at the apartment complex where my FIL lives... they do a gift exchange thing that I said that the hubby and I would be a part of... well, I really don't feel like buying anymore gifts so I was thinking of just doing up a couple tins of goodies for the exchange.. but then I was thinking that a lot of the people that live where my FIL live are older and maybe they have dietary concerns, so now I am not so sure :unsure:

so I think I have decided to make mini cranberry orange muffins to give as gifts for this thing :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Neato, I got 2 hearts under my avatar now.

Edited by Rhiann

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Tee hee hee. :innocent:

I really wish someone would fill me in on the backstory. I'm not a gossipy old biddy...but I'm damn curious, I'll admit!

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I really wish someone would fill me in on the backstory. I'm not a gossipy old biddy...but I'm damn curious, I'll admit!

Well you know who kittyfang is correct? Well after she got beaten in to the ground she exited VJ. A few people googled her username which took them to a yahoo QandA page where there is a user called kittyfang who asks about being out of status and about getting a Canadian passport without proper ID - which is something the VJ kittyfang asked about. (if you google her username you can easily find it)

Anyway, I believe there is a post in there from about 2 years ago, where she had some kind of run in with the law.

That's the back story.

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Well you know who kittyfang is correct? Well after she got beaten in to the ground she exited VJ. A few people googled her username which took them to a yahoo QandA page where there is a user called kittyfang who asks about being out of status and about getting a Canadian passport without proper ID - which is something the VJ kittyfang asked about. (if you google her username you can easily find it)

Anyway, I believe there is a post in there from about 2 years ago, where she had some kind of run in with the law.

That's the back story.

Murderer!!!!1 You killed the inside joke. :lol:

Timeline

That's the back story.

It was 4 months ago. :P

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Well that's an amusing tidbit of info I never knew about here.

Thanks for sharing :lol:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

So i didn't post in 2 days (after my very interesting migraine post on the vent topic)

I started my new job on Monday and I'm soooooo tired at night hahaha I'm not used to work anymore.

I work 8 to 5 and it's pretty busy already so i dont have time to go on VJ. (I actually dont know if i can go on VJ)

Last night we went to dinner at my brother+sister in law. Went home, went to bed at 10pm. Oops. So no post either.

K-1
Oct. 2, 2008 - Sent I-129F to CSC
May 12, 2009 - Interview - Approved
July 28, 2009 - Civil Wedding
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS
Aug. 10, 2009 - AOS/EAD/AP Package received in Chicago
Oct. 27, 2009 - Interview - APPROVED !!
Nov. 06, 2009 - Green Card Received

ROC
Aug. 13, 2011 - ROC Package sent to VSC
May 31, 2012 - ROC - APPROVED !!!
June 11, 2012 - Green Card Received

Naturalization
Mar 21, 2013 - N-400 Package sent to Lewisville,TX
Mar 22, 2013 - Package delivered
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA
Mar 27, 2013 - Check cashed
Apr 09, 2013 - Early Biometrics (Appt scheduled for April 18th)

Jul 10, 2013 - Interview - PASSED

Jul 26, 2013 - Oath Ceremony

Good morning everyone! I've not been sleeping well the past few nights. I have way too many things on my mind, and little things that I have to get done, that I'm either just forgetting, or not getting around too. I wake up at about 3 a.m. and then my mind is racing, remembering all that I have to do the next day. Needless to say, I can't sleep. Then I get up, but because Gene is sleeping, I can't be banging around doing things. I end up reading, relaxing, which is good...probably better than tossing and turning and frantically worrying, but it still means things aren't being done...

Enjoy your coffee! I'm not on-line now until Monday.

74471938_3c33b1c702.jpg

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

Merci for the coffee :)

// waking up because of "stuff" used to happen to me and I was going mad (waking up, not being able to go back to sleep, being tired, getting nervous of forgetting stuff, waking up the next night :wacko: ) - I read that it can be helpful to write a list of the "stuff" to be done, to be remembered, and all before going to bed and it does help - I still do it when I feel too busy to remember everything. Some nights, I still wake up but I remember that it's ok, I wrote it down... and I'm able to go back to sleep.

Have a nice weekend :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
:cry: no more carlacoffee for almost a week!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I'd offer to take over coffee duties, Charles, but I've been having trouble getting JUST the right mix with this new coffee maker. I feel like the guy near the beginning of Mulholland Drive..."napkin!"

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Timeline
I'd offer to take over coffee duties, Charles, but I've been having trouble getting JUST the right mix with this new coffee maker. I feel like the guy near the beginning of Mulholland Drive..."napkin!"

I can't remember what was the beginning of that movie... just some part in the middle :blush:

Edited by La Souris

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.