Mephys

Off Topic Part Trois

5,125 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Dear Canadian friends,

It is with enormous sadness and a knot in my throat that I inform you of the passing to calmer waters of the Mother of my adored hermano IR5FORMUMSIE. A strong and caring woman who loved shopping, made the best biryani North of 50, and raised smart and loving sons; she passed at home last Friday, December 4th. She will always be in our hearts. Brother IR5 asked me to relay the news to you all.

May She rest in Peace. (F)

Lenina.

Oh no. IR5, i'm so sorry to hear about your Mom. (F)

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dear Canadian friends,

It is with enormous sadness and a knot in my throat that I inform you of the passing to calmer waters of the Mother of my adored hermano IR5FORMUMSIE. A strong and caring woman who loved shopping, made the best biryani North of 50, and raised smart and loving sons; she passed at home last Friday, December 4th. She will always be in our hearts. Brother IR5 asked me to relay the news to you all.

Lenina.

I'm so sorry to hear this :((F)

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Dear Canadian friends,

Lenina.

(F)

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Very sorry for both of the losses over the past couple hours of this thread. :(

(F)

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Dear Canadian friends,

Lenina.

Lenina, Im so sorry for your and IR5's loss.

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

(((((((((((((((IR53MUMSIE)))))))))))))))), I am so sorry for your loss (F) (F) You are and your family are in my thoughts and prayers

((((((((((((((Peachy)))))))))))))), I am so sorry about Lady :( . It is always so hard when we lose one of our four footed family members.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Im truly saddened by your losses Lenina and Peachey. (F):(

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

I'm so sorry to both of you for your losses. (F)

01/08/2010 - Applied for SSN in maiden name.

01/09/2010 - Married! Officially a Missis.

01/19/2010 - Received SSN in mail.

02/10/2010 - Sent I-485/I-131/I-765 to Chicago.

02/19/2010 - NOA dates for all applications.

02/22/2010 - Received NOAs in mail.

02/23/2010 - Applied for SSN for married name.

03/04/2010 - Applied for Florida DL in married name.

03/09/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

04/18/2010 - AP received.

04/23/2010 - EAD approved.

04/27/2010 - AOS Interview at Orlando USCIS (decision pending).

04/28/2010 - Card production ordered!

05/03/2010 - EAD received.

05/03/2010 - Welcome letter received.

05/28/2010 - Green Card received in mail.

01/26/2012 - Mailed RoC packet to VSC.

01/30/2012 - NOA date on application.

02/01/2012 - Cheque cashed.

02/05/2012 - Received NOA in mail.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

02/24/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice dated.

02/27/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice received.

03/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment.

09/20/2012 - Touch. Card Production ordered!

09/21/2012 - Touch.

09/24/2012 - Touch. Card mailed.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Dear Canadian friends,

Lenina.

My condolences to IR5 and the whole family (F)

Rest in Peace Lady :(

She was such a good dog. Full blown lymphoma tho :crying:

Awww Peachey! So sorry about the pup :(

Dear Canadian friends,

Lenina.

I'm so sorry to hear this. Thanks for passing the message on Len. IR5, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time of loss. (F)

Rest in Peace Lady :(

She was such a good dog. Full blown lymphoma tho :crying:

Oh Peachey. I'm so sorry for your loss as well. (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Timeline

Oh noooooooooo. I am so sorry, Mumsie. How very very very sad. :(

Gosh, Peachey. Sorry about Lady too. What a sad day. :(

Couldn't sleep last night. There was a helicopter flying around for about an hour searching the area for someone. (That's not why I couldn't sleep, though. lol) I guess they really wanted their man. Sometimes it's very surreal living in the US.

It looks like Tiger Woods' wife was taken to hospital early this morning. :(

My sister and her husband arrive in a few hours. It'd be nice to go back to bed for a bit more sleep but I don't have the time. Excited to see them, though!

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Filed: Timeline

So my daughter received her Christmas present from her boss and his wife at their company party on Saturday. They gave her a gift certificate for a salon in Yorkville and a personal consultation with a well known stylist. She can either have him pick items out for her or they go shopping together. And they have given her $5,000 to go shopping with!! :o

She also won a $100 gift certificate for Petrocan and $100 for a roadhouse... I think it was Casey's or something..... at the party.

We were laughing about whether she should take this personally or not.... but everyone else in the company received the same gift. :lol:

I think I got a turkey once. <_<

iagree.gif

So my daughter received her Christmas present from her boss and his wife at their company party on Saturday. They gave her a gift certificate for a salon in Yorkville and a personal consultation with a well known stylist. She can either have him pick items out for her or they go shopping together. And they have given her $5,000 to go shopping with!! :o

She also won a $100 gift certificate for Petrocan and $100 for a roadhouse... I think it was Casey's or something..... at the party.

We were laughing about whether she should take this personally or not.... but everyone else in the company received the same gift. :lol:

I think I got a turkey once. <_<

What the heck does your daughter do??! :wow: That's quite the Christmas gift....

How lovely for her! :yes:

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.